hardy86: Severe fatigue 24/7 Mirtazapine hell

hardy86

Merry Christmas Nz11 happy new year.

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 
Also taking Ativan since January 2mg. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hardy86

• SquirrellyGirl

• leahy

• AliG

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

I wanna wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. All the support use guys have given me is amazing and can't thank use enough. I send all my love out and pray for everyone we all have a good year 2016.

Xoxoxoxoxox

Currently suffer extreme CFS, Lyme, adrenal fatigue, bad gut issues, reaction bad to mold basically etc home a lot. Can hardly walk all I get crash easily. 
I’m currently on mirtizapine 1.7mg and Reboxetine 0.4mg. I did a cut on reboxetine on the 19/4/20 around 11%. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Same to you, Hardy!  I hope you are able to enjoy family and feel the love!  I feel so fortunate to have met you and so many others here on SA despite the reason we are here!  

Love and good will to all!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Hardy.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi brassmonkey, squirrellygirl

Hope use have wonderful new year and may all your wishes come true with all the happiness.

Love hardy

You are welcome Hardy86,

Keep going, you will get better.

Thank you for your kind words.

Best wishes, Hopefull. :)

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy and everyone!

Recovering from too much indulgence with family and lots of good food!  I'm really gonna pack on the pounds with mirt and eating the way I have been the last few days!

I'm hoping that 2016 brings healing and improvement for you Hardy, and all of us.  Sometimes a wave can last a long time, but know that it won't last forever, and that each tomorrow brings an opportunity for things to turn around!

All my best, 

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hi squirrellygirl

What very kind words from you. Don't worry enjoy yourself a little only once a year. Hope you are having fun with all your family.

Love hardy

Hi all

Man 4months of severe fatigue 24/7 this is so draining. When is this going to end I don't know if anyone on this lovely forum has heard of this happening before for so long. I keep pushing on with life.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy, thanks for dropping by my thread!  I'm sorry you haven't gotten your window yet, but maybe tomorrow!  I hope you have gotten a little comfort from knowing that this has happened to a lot of people on the forum, yet they eventually did come out of it.  It's just cruel what these meds do to us!  I was reflecting today that I have had many times over the years on these drugs where I just felt so flat, low, unmotivated, and I chalked it up to me being a depressive personality, but after today I realized it was probably tolerance withdrawal and neuro emotions.  Sick to have lost so much time out of my adulthood living sub-optimally!

If you haven't read this one yet, do so!  It will help explain why you've been stuck, I think.  If you have read it, then maybe another go is in order!

SG

Hi squirrellygirl

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I can't believe drugs can be so much hell for all of us but like you said we need to be strong and hang in there. Just a quick question you might know, I cut my tablets of 5.5mg of mirt and leave the remainder of tablets in a jar can this do any damage to the tablets, like loose any effects for a example? I heard it can not sure.

Thanks

Hardy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy, it's nice to hear you say "we need to be strong and hang in there!"  That is a positive change in attitude, I think!

As for the tablets, I think you should be fine.  I break tablets up and use the pieces that are kept in a pill bottle.  As long as you use the most recently broken ones I can't imagine it would be a problem.  Hasn't been for me so far as I can tell.  I'm on whole 15 mg pills for now and feel more odd than before when I was using broken pieces!  Of course, I just discovered yesterday that I had forgotten to take my fish oil entirely since Wednesday night last week!  That may be why things got strange for me!  I feel a little better today though still have the weird sensation on my face on each side of the bridge of my nose.  Hmmm.

We'll see if anyone else weighs in on the fragility of broken mirt tablets!

SG

There are three things that degrade broken tablets. Heat, light, and moisture.  Keep them away from those and you should be fine for several months.  I generally crush three tablets at a time and use up the powder over several months and have had no problems.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Hi all,

Good to know about the broken tablets. I use the broken pieces as well.

SquirrellyGirl,

This is interesting that you notice a difference in the 15 mg tablets. I had a tough time with the 15 mg tablets but was wondering if it was just me. After ot feeling like the 15 mg tabs were 15 mg I was used to, I asked the doctor for 30 mg and broke them in half. The whole thing threw me so I've updosed to 22 mg since that debacle and I'm doing a good long hold.

Hardy,

My daughter pointed out to me that when I get down low on the dose and cut it out completely I'm probably really going to feel it. She suggests I take a trip to Hawaii or something when I do. I'm not sure if I'd be getting away or my kids would be getting me out of the way to avoid that occasion. I wonder if this is why Dalsaan is holding at .05 mg. 

Leahy

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Hi everyone

Thank you for your comment means a lot. I hope use are all well. Sorry for the short type can barely stay awake no energy. I'm going to experienced cutting back a little melatonin tonight. Currently on 0.65 only not much but not sure if this is contributing to my severe tiredness especially in the morning. I have read you should get at least 8 sleep only getting 7 like to reduce dose to 0.35 see if it makes any difference. Maybe it's clashing with my Mirtazapine unsure.

Thanks guys

Hardy,

I don't think it's the melatonin. This can be a withdrawal symptom , that can go on for a while. However, if you are getting 7 hrs sleep,  you are doing pretty well. How are your other symptoms going ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I feel great when I sleep 9 hours, on 8 hours it's okay but 7 or less I feel TERRIBLE all day. I take breaks from melatonin because I don't get my best sleep when I take melatonin. However melatonin does usually does get me to fall asleep initially which can be helpful. It wouldn't hurt to try changing it up. People do react differently to things so only you can figure out what works for you. It doesn't hurt to try different methods for sleep.

Hardy, do you take magnesium? I finally had some time to myself so a few nights ago I took a bath in Himalayan bath salts my son gave me for Christmas. I also took a magnesium drink (Calm). OMG! I fell asleep at 7:30 PM and slept until 6 AM. What a wonderful day I had after that. Perhaps I was just totally exhausted from all my previous bad nights sleep and would have slept like that anyway. I'll have to try that again soon and see if it works again. Restorative sleep makes all the difference.

I think we benefit from changing things up from time to time. I haven't found one thing that works consistently all the time.

L

2001-2007 Rem 90 mg, xanax 2 mg synthroid 112mcg - 2007-2014 Rem 60 mg xanax 3-4 mg

2015   Feb Rem 45 mg xanax 2 mg, March Rem 30 xanax 2, April  Rem 22.5, May Rem 30  xanax .25x4 hrs, June Rem 26 xanax 2-3, July Rem 22.5 xanax 2, Aug Rem 15 xanax 2, Sept Rem 22 xanax 2, Oct Rem 18 mg xanax .25 mg /4 hrs, Nov Rem 23 mg xanax .5mg, Dec Rem 24 xanax 2 

2016  Jan Rem 20 xanax 2,  Feb Rem 18 mg xanax 1.5, Feb Rem 14 12 mg xanax 1 mg, March Rem 10 9 mg xanax 1-2 mg Rem 7.3 8 xanax 1-2, April Rem 10 12 mg xanax 2 mg, May Rem 11 xanax 1 .75mg Nov Rem 10mg Xanax 2mg 2017 May Rem 10.25 Xanax 1 mg, November Xanax 1mg

Hi leahy

I have taken that same magnesium you have mentioned not sure if it help it seem like it did but when I get in a bad way you forget what's what. Your right everybody is different. How are you feeling leahy? Hope your well and strong.

H

Hi AliG

Hope you are doing well.

My symptoms are

1. Severe fatigue 24/7 that has latest months and start to wonder is this really from meds or something else.

. Heart palpitation when u exercise in the gym

. When I haven't eaten for a while feel like a constant diabetic makes depression worst especially the tiredness then I eat and feel better

. Depression if course

. Dizziness

. Anxiety

. Crying spells here and there

. Foggy head and confusion

. Can't focus no proper concentration

And by feeling constant fatigue tiredness it makes all these symptoms worst and u need of course energy to fight it all. U hope that least goes away soon.

Hardy

Hi

I'm supposed to be going away on holiday with my family. Times like this full of happiness and enjoyment should be happening. I'm just being honest and I'm starting to loose hope and what the next step I should try as I have not settle more than 4 months with severe fatigue 24/7 lasting months, this is taking over my life now. I just spoke to another person who was suicidal on mirtizapine and cold turkey it from 15mg suffered bad withdrawal for around 3 months then started coping back in 2006 now she's better than ever. Makes me wanna plan something......

Want my life back.

Hardy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy, 

I'm sorry you are still feeling so poorly with your mirt WD.  How is your sleep these days?  So the woman you spoke with cold turkeyed from 15 mg, was suicidal but only had bad withdrawal for 3 months?  I'm glad to hear she is better than ever.  There is hope!  

I know the reinstatement to 5.5 mg didn't work, but I am wondering if it might be worth adding back another 0.5 to 1.0 mg to see if that makes anything better.

So, you have a vacation planned.  When does it start and what will you be doing with the family?  

When I was in the midst of protracted WD from Effexor, I couldn't stand being home, felt it all the worse sitting there.  So, one weekend, I actually told my husband "let's go out and do something."  There is actually  a sanctuary near us called Cat Haven where they have several large cat species that are ambassadors for their species, and we hadn't gone there yet since moving here.  That is what we did, and it was actually a really good distraction and I felt better for having done it.  Sometimes we just need to act as if, because in doing so we actually may feel better.  Doing this took me out of myself for awhile.  I know a vacation can also be stressful, so I wouldn't change anything if this vacation is coming up soon.  Try to have an open mind about it.  You may be stuck in dread, that everything is horrible and will be horrible, but please try to hit the reset button and try not to cogitate with the same thoughts.  Maybe this is just what you need to get a boost out of how you have been feeling.  Just try to keep an open mind :-)

You will get your life back, just hang in there, Buddy!

SG

Sorry you are having a hard time Hardy.

That cut from 5.5mg to 4.5 was an 18% drop so thats a big drop.

Some people can take several months to settle once destabilized and then up-dosed.

SG just posted while i am typing.

My opinion is to go for  holding and surviving for another month at the 5.5mg . It can take awhile to get stable.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

I will defer to nz11's advice, always good!

SG

Hi squirrellygirl,

Yeah I was supposed to leave next week to Queensland in Australia and enjoy all the beaches and zoos etc. Then after couple months fly over seas to Taiwan where my wife is giving birth to our 2 child my wife wants to be with family at her home town. Yeah basically this lady had only 3 months of bad withdrawal then after that could cope crazy people get away with it apart from 3 months. Hope you have been well.

Hardy

Hi NZ11

Than you so much for your reply as I need help badly and don't know where to turn. I will take your advice and wait another month. But from there if these severe symptoms still go on 6,7,8,9 months and still severe fatigue being a huge part making the depression and the whole lot worst. I really don't know what's the next best bet for me. I don't know if you ever heard of people having this severe fatigue that has lasted 4 months already and still going. It's crazy how can and if the big reduction cause severe symptoms so long and still going. At least if the severe fatigue stops I can battle on again. Thank you so much for your support.

Hardy

Hi there,

I wish to share some things that help me with fatigue.

1) SAD lamp due to the reduced light during the winter time.

2) Yerba Mate drink I buy off Amazon for my mood & energy level.

3) Sweating through strenuous exercis

❤????????????????

I've started taking antidepressants in 2001. I took Cipramil for 3 years. Elflexor for 1 year. Lexapro 10mg - 20mg since 1992 approximately.

STARTING DOSE 20mg Lexapro 2016

19mg Lexapro (3rd January 2016)-Taper 5%

18mg Lexapro (8th February 2O16)-Taper 5%

17mg Lexapro (? March 2016) - Taper 5% -

16mg (16th May 2016) Taper 5 %

17mg (21st August 2016) + 5%

16mg (3rd January 2017) - 5%

15mg (4th February 2017) -5

14mg (6/02/18) -5%

Hi Rose9975

How are you going hope your are well. That is very kind to share your advice. How bad did you get your fatigue? And long long did it last for you?

I'm not sure if this is my meds causing me to be so severely tired 24/7, I wake up and feel like I didn't sleep. It's so hard as I need to work, look after kids....and another baby due soon. I hope this symptom at least eases away for me soon to long already. I will give that drink a try and order some in.

Hardy

Hardy,

It seems like this fatigue has certainly got you down. I completely understand that. Trying some new things people here have suggested might help. Rose just reminded me of the SAD lamp so I just turned mine on. Good idea. Do you wake up often during the night or sleep straight through? Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you wake up too early?

I find when I reduce Remeron I'm tired all day. I fall asleep for an hour or two watching TV but when I go to bed I will stay awake for hours stressing over things from the past or the present. My mind races around tormenting me. I can't shut my head down. I have difficulty getting "restorative" sleep. And yes it has been many months. 10 months. Part of the reason I was put on Remeron in the first place was to help me sleep. Poor sleep makes me feeling lethargic and depressed. When I go outside to walk in the sun, I feel better but sometimes it's difficult to motivate myself to get out there and walk.

Just maybe try something new to see if it helps. If you think magnesium helps try that again. Try walking outside in the sun. The moderate exercise and the sun exposure is very helpful. You are so low down on your dose now you are most there! If you could help you energy level somehow I'm sure you could deal with this so much better. Some people say Taurine helps, some say L-theanine helps. I'm going to try Bach's flower essence again to see if that helps. 

It's very difficult to feel "good" on any level without sleep. Sleep is always a battle for me. I also keep my room dark.

Keep trying.

L

Hi all

I wanna give up on life and I don't know where to turn right now. This tiredness 24/7 has reached boiling point for me. Do I go back and search for another doc for help? I really don't know what from here I'm crying and it's so much pain as I don't know if the meds is causing this tiredness making depression so bad. I really don't know if I'm making the best choices for myself at the moment. It's hell. Sorry guys just the true feelings I have right now.

Hi leahy

Thanks for the reply. Yeah my sleep I'm not really sure what's what at the moment I guess I'm waking up during nights of sleep just sometimes. Most times seems like I sleep. But I wake up everyday first thing in morning like I didn't sleep. This is killing me at the moment. I was thinking I of seeing a sleep specialist again. I have sleep apnea thought I mention that but that under control by a musk i wear at night. This is why I'm in a bad bad why at the moment like I'm running on no sleep. Hope your well leahy.

Hardy

Hi Hardy,

I'm sorry that you're still struggling severely.  It can sometimes be hard to know exactly what is going on.  It might be  the " windows & waves" pattern of stabilization, or possibly , but more unlikely the sleep apnoea. If you are concerned, it might be a good idea to see a sleep specialist again and / or maybe have another sleep study done. How long is it since you had a sleep study ? Your pressure ( on your machine )  might need adjusting, particularly in withdrawal.

Fatigue is a fairly universal withdrawal symptom and one that can take a while to recede. It's not an easy one to deal with, unfortunately. I suffer from this as well, and find I have to pace myself and accept that I can only accomplish a fraction of what I used to be able to do . This link might help   : http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1718-severe-fatigue

Don't lose hope.  You will get through this. You have a lot of support here.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

But Hardy, what things have you tried to get more restorative sleep I wonder? I'm just trying to help you find some relief somehow. I hear your cries for help and I understand the agony of living through days of exhaustion. It's not trivial at all. I truly understand your suffering.

I wear a fitbit which tracks my sleep so I know. Sometimes I'll think I wasn't sleeping but actually was longer than I thought. The best we can do is try things to sooth ourselves. The symptoms and self-care section of SA has excellent tips. I know it's hard to read when you feel so ill. Could you make a list of things you've tried that has helped you or not helped you so someone might have another idea for you to get relief? 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

Could you perhaps see a functional doctor or a homeopathic doctor for help? 

L

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hardy, 

Leahy and AliG both had excellent replies, and I think it is a very good idea to revisit the sleep apnea situation.  Perhaps the C-Pap isn't working properly?

You need to hang on for your family and that baby that is on the way.   I know you are very tired of this suffering.  You need to do whatever you feel is right for you.  I know that if you go back to your p-doc he will want to put you on drugs, and that worries me for the fact that it might go badly to do that, but only you can decide what is right for you.

Leahy, I had a Fitbit but it died on me two weeks after I got it.  I was amazed, though, to see how restless I was at night!  I think I am sleeping better now.  I added inositol after the Fitbit died.  I'd like to try again with an activity tracker that monitors sleep and see how I'm doing!  

Hardy, do you have one of these trackers?  I do think it would be interesting to see what really is going on at night with you.  It may hold the answer!  I agree that you should pursue an appointment with the sleep people :-)

SG

There are free apps for your cell phone that work very well. My daughter uses her cell phone and likes the app. Sleep Cycle is one. I don't want to sleep with my cell phone though so I don't use it. 

Hardy,

I'm thinking that if you have a C/Pap machine, most of them now have microchips ( data recording )  that record your sleep , anyway.  Hours ( of sleep ), episodes of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea , etc.  If you have one with a Data Card, you can take it to your sleep specialist and they can give you an update , on what's happening & perhaps order another " sleep study " if needed.  What machine do you have ? 

It might simply be withdrawal ,but it's worth ruling out other factors as well,in my opinion.

Ali

Hi AliG

Sleep study I did was about 14 months ago. They have a data on my machine that gives results but not sure if they are 100% accurate. The place that supply's my machine Saids my apnea is under control but don't really know if it's giving good reading my son has drop it so many times.

Thanks AliG