user14: Reinstatement or not

Posted (edited)

Was on Zoloft/sertraline for 3 years decided to come off without any knowledge of tapering so came off too quickly been off 9 months now and have recently found it really hard to sleep going full nights without being able to switch off. Was wondweing whether reinstatement would be helpful or have a waited too long. Any advice much appreciated 

Edited by Emonda
Name to title and name change

Zoloft 50mg 2020-23

100mg 2023-2023 6 months

quick taper over a months from 100mg to 0mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome @Kieranjames

I’m really sorry that you’re suffering so bad with insomnia. Unfortunately after nine months off the Zoloft, reinstatement probably won’t help I’m sad to say.

A lot of people suffer from insomnia coming off these meds. Do you use blue light blocking glasses in the evening? There’s a thread in the Symptoms and Self Care section entitled Sleep and Withdrawal tips, if you’d like to check it out. Also, have you tried taking magnesium, it can help a little with our nervous systems. If you do decide to take it, please start on a low dose and slowly up it. We can be sensitive to a lot of things due to these medications. 

Feel free to chat to others on this site too. 

Can you please put in your drug signature. Just go to the top of this introduction page, and you’ll see a link as to how to do it in the first paragraph of the thread talking about starting a topic about yourself. Thank you💛

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg. 2020➡️5.60 to 4.80. 2021➡️4.60 to 4.0.  2022➡️3.95 to 3.55. 2023➡️ From 3.50 to 3.25.  2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️May1=3.05✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Emonda changed the title to Kieranjames: Reinstatement or not
7 hours ago, Carmie said:

Welcome @Kieranjames

I’m really sorry that you’re suffering so bad with insomnia. Unfortunately after nine months off the Zoloft, reinstatement probably won’t help I’m sad to say.

A lot of people suffer from insomnia coming off these meds. Do you use blue light blocking glasses in the evening? There’s a thread in the Symptoms and Self Care section entitled Sleep and Withdrawal tips, if you’d like to check it out. Also, have you tried taking magnesium, it can help a little with our nervous systems. If you do decide to take it, please start on a low dose and slowly up it. We can be sensitive to a lot of things due to these medications. 

Feel free to chat to others on this site too. 

Can you please put in your drug signature. Just go to the top of this introduction page, and you’ll see a link as to how to do it in the first paragraph of the thread talking about starting a topic about yourself. Thank you💛

Yeah did think it had been too long have been advised to go back on them just very unsure about it will definitely try the magnesium to see if it helps thank you

Zoloft 50mg 2020-23

100mg 2023-2023 6 months

• Emonda changed the title to user14: Reinstatement or not

Having been on Zoloft/ sertraline for 3 years I decided I wanted to come off dues to it making me feel numb unaware of the risks of a fast taper and reduced too quick. Been on 0 for 9 months have noticed positives changes but sleep has begun to be affected and am really struggling with not the windows and waves. I know reinstatement is probably too late so is it a case of just riding this out until it improves?

Zoloft 50mg 2020-23

100mg 2023-2023 6 months