JADAKISS0307: Anyone added Buspar to alleviate some withdrawal symptoms and end up making them worse??

JADAKISS0307

Posted (edited)

Been off Lexapro for almost 6 months now….its been a nightmare mentally. Only took for anxiety and now I’m depressed. Added Buspar and after build up in my system, symptoms worse than ever. Please tell me there’s light at the end of this road??! 

Edited by manymoretodays
moved from SS, name to title

-  20 mg of Escitalapram since 2016. (Don’t know the month)

-Added 150 mg of  Bupropion in 2021. (Month unknown) Still taking that medicine & dose currently. 
-Started coming off of Escitalapram by late 2023 because of side effects.

January 2024, I have not taken Escitalapram at all since then. 
Severe withdrawal symptoms occurring daily. 

-Buspar recently added for migrating withdrawal symptoms for the last 4 weeks and stopped 2 nights ago because was exasperating my symptoms. Almost put me in the emergency room, so I was advised to stop. Symptoms are currently not unbearable but I’m still very unwell. 

I take asthma inhalers ( Albuterol & Dulera) and allergy med (Certerizine)  and also smoke marijuana but have recently sending me into panic attack mode so I have drastically cut down. 
-Lindsay 

• manymoretodays changed the title to JADAKISS0307: Any added Buspar to alleviate some withdrawal symptoms and end up making them worse??

Hello, and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. We are a peer support forum to assist in tapering off psychiatric drugs safely, or recovering from psychiatric drug withdrawal.

This topic is for anything relating to you, and any questions you have. Please do not start another topic.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your CURRENT dose each month, to limit withdrawal symptoms. E.g. 10mg --> 9mg --> 8.1mg --> 7.29mg

All the answers you are looking for regarding tapering and antidepressant withdrawal are on this site. Please search around and continue to read as much as you can manage. Use the site search function to search for specific words or phrases, such as drugs or symptoms.

Here are a few of the most useful links:

--------Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ--------

--------From the Symptoms and Self-Care Forums--------

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Hypersensitivity and Kindling

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

Taper calculator spreadsheet

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021, 55mg - 23 Feb 2024, 60mg - 20 March 2024, Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose: 55.09mg  (1 July 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Fish oils, Magnesium, Vitamin C

21 hours ago, JADAKISS0307 said:

Been off Lexapro for almost 6 months now….its been a nightmare mentally. Only took for anxiety and now I’m depressed. Added Buspar and after build up in my system, symptoms worse than ever. Please tell me there’s light at the end of this road??! 

Reinstatement is best done within the first month or so of cessation. It's also not advisable to try and "treat" withdrawal syndrome with a different drug. Given you are 6 months out from escitalopram reinstatement would be a gamble.

What symptoms are you currently experiencing? How is your sleep? How are you functioning in day to day life?

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021, 55mg - 23 Feb 2024, 60mg - 20 March 2024, Start tapering - 24 April 2024

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Thank you for your response. I’ve only been on Buspar less than 1 month. I was advised to stop taking that. Which I have.. I was having severe panic attacks and somatic and phych symptoms worse than before. I am 6 months off Lexapro but still experiencing, anxiety, depression (which I never had before) and it doesn’t seem to be letting up anytime soon. I may have tapered to quickly but you’re right going back now would do more harm than good. I just hope I’m over this hump soon. 

-Added 150 mg of  Bupropion in 2021. (Month unknown) Still taking that medicine & dose currently. 

-Buspar recently added for migrating withdrawal symptoms for the last 4 weeks and stopped 2 nights ago because was exasperating my symptoms. Almost put me in the emergency room, so I was advised to stop. Symptoms are currently not unbearable but I’m still very unwell. 

I take asthma inhalers ( Albuterol & Dulera) and allergy med (Certerizine)  and also smoke marijuana but have recently sending me into panic attack mode so I have drastically cut down. 
-Lindsay 

You are experiencing the windows and waves of stabilisation. It is better to assess your progress every 3-6 months rather than week by week.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you continued on the bupropion?  It's hard to tell from your signature.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022, and again finally 5/25/24.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 5/22/2024 at 7:35 AM, Erimus said:

Reinstatement is best done within the first month or so of cessation. It's also not advisable to try and "treat" withdrawal syndrome with a different drug. Given you are 6 months out from escitalopram reinstatement would be a gamble.

What symptoms are you currently experiencing? How is your sleep? How are you functioning in day to day life?

I am not functioning too well. Very easily triggered by things. Not able to deal with stress or live a positive/ productive life. (Working is hard, Parenting is harder, getting normal household things done is hard) Stopped the Buspar and just taking my Bupropion (which I want to get off eventually) and allergy medicine.  Are the worst part over in the post acute stage?? Seems like it’s not improving 6 months later…Very worried and don’t want to be an angry, unstable mom. I sleep okay. 

-Lindsay 

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Have you continued on the bupropion?  It's hard to tell from your signature.

Yes. Sorry trying to figure this all out. Still on Bupropion for the time being.

-Lindsay 

So you added buspar for a month, before stopping it recently. Is that correct?

Please follow these instructions and modify your signature:

Your first task is to create a drug signature, with the following:

• All current medication you take, the dose you take, when you started the drug, and when you made dose changes
  • All current supplements you take
  • An accurate history of recent drugs, taken in the last 12-24 months
  • Dates for recent should be written as 7 Oct 2023, or Oct 7 2023, or early Oct 2023, or mid Oct 2023
  • A history of drugs taken 24 months ago and beyond - if applicable
  • Dates for historical drugs can simply be listed as start and stop years
  • Please do not use 07/10/23 // 10/07/23 as this is intepreted differently around the world

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. See my signature for example of clear and concise information.

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

2 minutes ago, Erimus said:

So you added buspar for a month, before stopping it recently. Is that correct?

Please follow these instructions and modify your signature:

Your first task is to create a drug signature, with the following:

• All current medication you take, the dose you take, when you started the drug, and when you made dose changes
  • All current supplements you take
  • An accurate history of recent drugs, taken in the last 12-24 months
  • Dates for recent should be written as 7 Oct 2023, or Oct 7 2023, or early Oct 2023, or mid Oct 2023
  • A history of drugs taken 24 months ago and beyond - if applicable
  • Dates for historical drugs can simply be listed as start and stop years
  • Please do not use 07/10/23 // 10/07/23 as this is intepreted differently around the world

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. See my signature for example of clear and concise information.

Yes that’s correct . I’ll edit my signiture now

-Lindsay 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, JADAKISS0307 said:

I am not functioning too well. Very easily triggered by things. Not able to deal with stress or live a positive/ productive life. (Working is hard, Parenting is harder, getting normal household things done is hard) Stopped the Buspar and just taking my Bupropion (which I want to get off eventually) and allergy medicine.  Are the worst part over in the post acute stage?? Seems like it’s not improving 6 months later…Very worried and don’t want to be an angry, unstable mom. I sleep okay. 

I'll say yes, the worst part is usually at the beginning.  I think that around 6 months you WILL begin to recognize Windows of time where you do feel better.  Do look at that link on Windows and Waves in the first post from Erimus.  Mark those Windows on a calendar so when you are in a Wave you can remember the better more recent times, and become convinced that another Window will arise soon!

Thanks for clarifying on your signature and editing!

And here's another one on our seemingly hair trigger emotions early on:

Neuroemotions

And more, to peruse whenever..

Deep emotional pain and crying spells, spontaneous weeping

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

*Coping with irritation, anger, and rage

Sudden fear, terror, panic, or anxiety from withdrawal

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Rebuilding self-confidence, accepting anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Withdrawal causing intrusive or repetitive thoughts, rumination, and increased panic?

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD: Repetitive, intrusive thoughts, compulsive behaviors

Anything you can do to promote relaxation, and decrease stress the better.  You've got a lot of responsibilities right now, with working, and kids to care for........it will get better.  If at all possible cut yourself some slack when you can,  build up a support network on the ground too- so that you might be able to find some who understand, and offer you some help with things or to just be with you when you are feeling overwhelmed.

There may me some ideas below as well, to help your nervous system find it's relax, that you can begin practicing.

MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Mindfulness and Acceptance

Good links for anxiety/worry

Inhabiting our bodies in meditation http://wp.me/p5nnb-aSX

Meditation can heal the brain which can heal the mind and body

Mindfulness, Meditation, and Prayer after Brain Injury

Pranayama Breathing for Anxiety and Depression

Just know it's not you, not completely........and that you'll get back the patience and tolerance that you once had.  It sure sounds like the Buspar did not help, and in fact might have worsened your symptoms and so I think you did the right thing stopping it. 

You were right on the border of when dependency might have occurred with it, a month of usage.  Often we'll suggest a quick taper at that point, going down by a quarter of the dose, each week, until off.  If you feel at all like your symptoms have escalated since stopping the Buspar, you could try just 1/4 of the dose you jumped off at 2 days ago.  I wouldn't though, if it was me.........as it sounds like the Buspar escalated your symptoms, or had an adverse effect-hypersensitivity or kindling.  Better in that case to just stay off it I think.

You can review the reinstatement topic, or should read through that, in regard to the Buspar.

Again though, after a severe adverse reaction to it, landing you in the ER.......gosh, I would leave well enough alone now.  And maybe, if you can, take a few days of sick leave to care for yourself and sooth now. 

Are the inhalers and cetirizine sending you into panic mode too?  Or just the pot?  Good idea to minimize on the pot now if it's only making things worse.

Keep us updated how you are faring in the days ahead, okay?    I expect improvement.  I think the addition of Buspar may have contributed to more symptoms most recently and expect as you recover from that adverse event, you'll begin to feel more improvement.

Oh, and one more, :  Techniques for Managing an Adverse Drug Reaction or Cold Turkey Withdrawal

The points made will apply to your WD as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022, and again finally 5/25/24.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

30 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

I'll say yes, the worst part is usually at the beginning.  I think that around 6 months you WILL begin to recognize Windows of time where you do feel better.  Do look at that link on Windows and Waves in the first post from Erimus.  Mark those Windows on a calendar so when you are in a Wave you can remember the better more recent times, and become convinced that another Window will arise soon!

Thanks for clarifying on your signature and editing!

And here's another one on our seemingly hair trigger emotions early on:

Neuroemotions

And more, to peruse whenever..

Deep emotional pain and crying spells, spontaneous weeping

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

*Coping with irritation, anger, and rage

Sudden fear, terror, panic, or anxiety from withdrawal

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Rebuilding self-confidence, accepting anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Withdrawal causing intrusive or repetitive thoughts, rumination, and increased panic?

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD: Repetitive, intrusive thoughts, compulsive behaviors

Anything you can do to promote relaxation, and decrease stress the better.  You've got a lot of responsibilities right now, with working, and kids to care for........it will get better.  If at all possible cut yourself some slack when you can,  build up a support network on the ground too- so that you might be able to find some who understand, and offer you some help with things or to just be with you when you are feeling overwhelmed.

There may me some ideas below as well, to help your nervous system find it's relax, that you can begin practicing.

MEDITATION AND MINDFULNESS

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Mindfulness and Acceptance

Good links for anxiety/worry

Inhabiting our bodies in meditation http://wp.me/p5nnb-aSX

Meditation can heal the brain which can heal the mind and body

Mindfulness, Meditation, and Prayer after Brain Injury

Pranayama Breathing for Anxiety and Depression

Just know it's not you, not completely........and that you'll get back the patience and tolerance that you once had.  It sure sounds like the Buspar did not help, and in fact might have worsened your symptoms and so I think you did the right thing stopping it. 

You were right on the border of when dependency might have occurred with it, a month of usage.  Often we'll suggest a quick taper at that point, going down by a quarter of the dose, each week, until off.  If you feel at all like your symptoms have escalated since stopping the Buspar, you could try just 1/4 of the dose you jumped off at 2 days ago.  I wouldn't though, if it was me.........as it sounds like the Buspar escalated your symptoms, or had an adverse effect-hypersensitivity or kindling.  Better in that case to just stay off it I think.

You can review the reinstatement topic, or should read through that, in regard to the Buspar.

Again though, after a severe adverse reaction to it, landing you in the ER.......gosh, I would leave well enough alone now.  And maybe, if you can, take a few days of sick leave to care for yourself and sooth now. 

Are the inhalers and cetirizine sending you into panic mode too?  Or just the pot?  Good idea to minimize on the pot now if it's only making things worse.

Keep us updated how you are faring in the days ahead, okay?    I expect improvement.  I think the addition of Buspar may have contributed to more symptoms most recently and expect as you recover from that adverse event, you'll begin to feel more improvement.

Oh, and one more, :  Techniques for Managing an Adverse Drug Reaction or Cold Turkey Withdrawal

The points made will apply to your WD as well.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Thank you so much for the advice. I feel very blessed to have found this group as Dr. s can’t even correctly diagnose and treat this issue &  it is still very largely unaccepted and unrecognized as a severe & debilitating diagnosis of Antidepressant withdrawal. Just blame symptoms coming back. Like “sir, I was never this bad before.” Lol

-Lindsay 

• Moderator Emeritus

Out of interest I just plugged in Wellbutrin and Lexapro into the drug interaction checker at Drugs.com

You might question that doctor who prescribed the bupropion to you, or report them.  Given the high dose of Lexapro you were on.......I'm just thankful you survived.  No rhyme or reason to what some doctors do.

Interactions between your drugs

Major

buPROPion

escitalopram

Applies to: Wellbutrin (bupropion), Lexapro (escitalopram)

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with escitalopram. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of escitalopram, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

It's also possible the pot may have altered the levels of Lexapro when you were on it, due to interactions between the two in the liver metabolism.  You'll find a post here that explains some of that.

Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, and CBD/cannabidiol or Hemp oil

(and excuse the so many items in that topic, it's pretty rare that active staff get a whole lot of time to work on topic reorganization and such)

I too, came in......still using a bit of pot to cope with symptoms from coming off Seroquel in the preceeding years.  Thankfully I was able to quit, and maintain in early known(to me)WD.  Best if you can taper, even a little prior to coming off completely.  And if it's effect is just not good now, at all.....you are in a good space for stopping.

Avoid alcohol.  I've seen way too many tapers and WD's get thrown back by alcohol.  It's just not worth it.

I'll put this here now, although I don't think that you should begin tapering bupropion quite yet.  I don't want to rock the boat any more than we have too, while you are settling in and adapting, re-adapting, to the Lexapro cessation.

Tips for tapering off bupropion(Wellbutrin, IR, SR, XR, XL, Zyban)

It might be interesting to find out however, if now that you are off Lexapro completely, if the 150 mg bupropion is metabolized differently.  You might ask a pharmacist to assist with that question.  To find out if you'd benefit at all from just a judicious lowering of the dose.  I'm no pharmacological expert.  Just to see if that level might have changed now that you are off the Lexapro.  Gosh, don't ask the idiot(er- uniformed doc) who prescribed the 2 together whatever you do. 

28 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Out of interest I just plugged in Wellbutrin and Lexapro into the drug interaction checker at Drugs.com

You might question that doctor who prescribed the bupropion to you, or report them.  Given the high dose of Lexapro you were on.......I'm just thankful you survived.  No rhyme or reason to what some doctors do.

Interactions between your drugs

Major

buPROPion

escitalopram

Applies to: Wellbutrin (bupropion), Lexapro (escitalopram)

Talk to your doctor before using buPROPion together with escitalopram. Combining these medications may increase the risk of seizures, which may occur rarely with either medication. In addition, buPROPion can increase the blood levels of escitalopram, which may increase other side effects. You may be more likely to experience seizures with these medications if you are elderly, undergoing alcohol or drug withdrawal, have a history of seizures, or have a condition affecting the central nervous system such as a brain tumor or head trauma. Your doctor may be able to prescribe alternatives that do not interact, or you may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol during treatment. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

It's also possible the pot may have altered the levels of Lexapro when you were on it, due to interactions between the two in the liver metabolism.  You'll find a post here that explains some of that.

Cannabis, marijuana, hashish, THC, and CBD/cannabidiol or Hemp oil

(and excuse the so many items in that topic, it's pretty rare that active staff get a whole lot of time to work on topic reorganization and such)

I too, came in......still using a bit of pot to cope with symptoms from coming off Seroquel in the preceeding years.  Thankfully I was able to quit, and maintain in early known(to me)WD.  Best if you can taper, even a little prior to coming off completely.  And if it's effect is just not good now, at all.....you are in a good space for stopping.

Avoid alcohol.  I've seen way too many tapers and WD's get thrown back by alcohol.  It's just not worth it.

I'll put this here now, although I don't think that you should begin tapering bupropion quite yet.  I don't want to rock the boat any more than we have too, while you are settling in and adapting, re-adapting, to the Lexapro cessation.

Tips for tapering off bupropion(Wellbutrin, IR, SR, XR, XL, Zyban)

It might be interesting to find out however, if now that you are off Lexapro completely, if the 150 mg bupropion is metabolized differently.  You might ask a pharmacist to assist with that question.  To find out if you'd benefit at all from just a judicious lowering of the dose.  I'm no pharmacological expert.  Just to see if that level might have changed now that you are off the Lexapro.  Gosh, don't ask the idiot(er- uniformed doc) who prescribed the 2 together whatever you do. 

That makes sense and angers me. I’m glad you looked that up. Thank you so much!!

-Lindsay 

This makes so much more sense now..is there a way to know how many people have been prescribed this combo within the group?? I’m very interested and worried. 

-Lindsay 

• Erimus changed the title to JADAKISS0307: Anyone added Buspar to alleviate some withdrawal symptoms and end up making them worse??

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

As I learned from this group the 2 medications only sometimes prescribed for major depression and I was given them for my General Anxiety Disorder. 6 months into discontinuation of Lexapro and symptoms are still very severe.. Why would they mess with 3 different chemicals in my brain?? I was only anxious from trauma. Please can anyone relate to this??  I need sound advice that someone actually understands..I am not in a good place right now and can barely function daily. Class action Lawsuit?? I know I can’t be the only one going through this…it’s so unfair Drs can ruin peoples life and get away with it. 

-Lindsay 

• JADAKISS0307 changed the title to Bupropion & Lexapro combo for anxiety??
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJADAKISS0307,

On 5/23/2024 at 8:26 PM, JADAKISS0307 said:

I’m very interested and worried. 

Hang on.  Looks like Erimus got you a list above.  And frankly, although your taper from 20 to zero, with the Lexapro was fast....by our standards.......it's probably good you are now just dealing with a single AD.  I'd stick to calming practices for awhile, let all the anger right now just roll off to the best of your ability.  And so hoping you'll find some pockets of windows, or whole days real soon.  Don't lose sight of the amazing healing power of our bodies and spirits.

Anything you've found to self soothe, or offer some calming moments as yet?

Thank you so much for your response!! Yes. Looking back,  definitely did it too quickly.

-Lindsay 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 5/25/2024 at 1:09 PM, JADAKISS0307 said:

As I learned from this group the 2 medications only sometimes prescribed for major depression and I was given them for my General Anxiety Disorder. 6 months into discontinuation of Lexapro and symptoms are still very severe.. Why would they mess with 3 different chemicals in my brain?? I was only anxious from trauma. Please can anyone relate to this??  I need sound advice that someone actually understands..I am not in a good place right now and can barely function daily. Class action Lawsuit?? I know I can’t be the only one going through this…it’s so unfair Drs can ruin peoples life and get away with it. 

Hi sweetie,  I just moved, and then quoted this again back here from symptoms and self care.  Hoping some who do relate will respond right here.

....and my search for Class Action Suits brought up the following-

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=Class Action Suits&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=15&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=or

Just click on the link and then see if there are any pre-existing topics that seem to apply.  Then you could post on those.

Same with the list that Erimus found, click on that, and you may find others who found themselves in similar situations, and then could post on their Introductions to discuss or do mutual support.

Looks like Go2zero has had a similar combination and perhaps at one time it was Wellbutrin and Lexapro.  Click on the underlined name and it will bring you to their topic.  Very nice moderator and member, who might be able to offer some support, and encouragement, and you could read parts of their Introduction too, to see how they have best managed and coped over time.  I think they got off the SSRI, and are now working on the Wellbutrin taper, you'll find out when you view their signature and read a bit of their Introduction.