kh12345: New member, just reinstated

Hi all, 

Firstly thank you all for being here, your site has been a big help. 

I have a question about next steps, I have already reinstated. I will try to keep it short. 

March 2023- fall 2023 prozac  20mg per day

fall 2023, tried to quit cold turkey, had symptoms very soon after, reinstated at original dose probably within the first week

Fall 2023-Nov/Dec 2023, did slower taper and finally off the medicine in Nov/Dec 2023

Nov/Dec 2023-March 2024 - had some symptoms that I did not attribute to the drug- vertigo, depersonalization, fatigue, some mild depression. 

March 2024-April 2024 started having 24/7 anxiety and panic attacks, feeling faint, racing heart, vertigo, depersonalization, brain fog, trouble thinking remembering, heart burn, nausea, feeling like low blood sugar, rapid breathing, claustrophobia and anxiety thoughts and worry. 

April 9-24 2024- went to naturopath doctor who gave me some supplements that got the shark/bear feeling to go away but other symptoms remain.  (remaining symptoms- brain fog, vertigo, depersonalization, low blood sugar feelings, tired, anxiety thoughts and worry, some sleeping issues but not too bad, some mood swings- basically was improving over two weeks but not getting better completely. 

April 24, 2024 was seen by another doctor who prescribed synthroid for thyroid- which destabilizes me a lot. Sleep was very bad for ~2+ weeks after this ( I had really bad brain fog after taking the synthroid the next morning so I only ever took one dose and have not resumed the synthroid)

April 27, go to ER for lack of sleep, ER doctor prescribed trazodone 50mg at bedtime for sleep. I took this for 3 days then discontinued. 

Shortly after this- I figure out what is wrong with me PAWS/Antidepressant with-drawl syndrome. 

April 2024- to present- sleep has not been great. Sometimes it feels like I don't ever go to sleep and sometimes I sleep for like 2 hours, then 30-60 mins here and there through out the night. Seemed to be on a three day cycle, 1 day hardly any sleep, next day less bad sleep, next day a little less bad, then back to hardly any sleep and so on. 

May 14 2024- reinstated prozac at 0.5 mg daily in the morning. 

May 14-May 22, the reinstatement is helping with vertigo and depersonalization and claustrophobia. Day 5-7 seems to have side effect of hyperfocusing on anxious thoughts, but this has resolved mostly. Day 7 and 8 have some clear brain times during they day (yay!)

However, my sleep seems to be slowly getting a little bit worse recently-  and I am trying to figure out if I need to go up on the medicine or if this is a windows and waves? 

It seems like the medicine is helping in someways and I'm not sure if it is hurting my sleep or if this is a windows and waves. Would love to know your opinions. 

Does anyone know about how long in days is a window and wave?

March 2023-fall 2023 Prozac 20 mg QD 

Fall 2023 tried to quit cold turkey, had immediate withdrawl, reinstated within 1 week or so at same dose. Did a slower taper and off the drug completely in Nov/Dec 2023. 

Dec2023-March 2024 vertigo, depersonalization, extreme tiredness, some mild depression

March 2024 started having 24/7 anxiety and panic attacks 

May 2024 reinstated prozac at 0.5 mg per day

• Erimus changed the title to kh12345: New member, just reinstated

Hello, and welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. We are a peer support forum to assist in tapering off psychiatric drugs safely, or recovering from psychiatric drug withdrawal.

After reinstatement everything will feel like a wave of symptoms, it can take many weeks and months for things to fully stabilise. If you are happy with your progress after a week on 0.5mg I suggest remaining at the same dose. If you feel you reach a plateau it may be advisable to increase the dose to 1mg, before waiting again.

This topic is for anything relating to you, and any questions you have. Please do not start another topic.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your CURRENT dose each month, to limit withdrawal symptoms. E.g. 10mg --> 9mg --> 8.1mg --> 7.29mg

All the answers you are looking for regarding tapering and antidepressant withdrawal are on this site. Please search around and continue to read as much as you can manage. Use the site search function to search for specific words or phrases, such as drugs or symptoms.

Here are a few of the most useful links:

--------Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ--------

Micro tapering

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using a scale to weigh and measure doses

--------From the Symptoms and Self-Care Forums--------

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Hypersensitivity and Kindling

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

Taper calculator spreadsheet

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021, 55mg - 23 Feb 2024, 60mg - 20 March 2024, Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose: 55.09mg  (1 July 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

Thank you Erimus!!

March 2023-fall 2023 Prozac 20 mg QD 

Fall 2023 tried to quit cold turkey, had immediate withdrawl, reinstated within 1 week or so at same dose. Did a slower taper and off the drug completely in Nov/Dec 2023. 

Dec2023-March 2024 vertigo, depersonalization, extreme tiredness, some mild depression

March 2024 started having 24/7 anxiety and panic attacks 

May 2024 reinstated prozac at 0.5 mg per day

• 1 month later...

Wondering about the Synthroid it is not something you stop taking. Have you had blood tests done to check your thyroid levels are OK.?

2024 Taper

Enlafax (Venlafaxine) 225mg Feb/4 187.5mg Feb/18 150mg Mar/3 112.5mg

Mar/17  75mg Mar/31 37.5mg

April/14th 37.5mg crush/.166g 

July/11 13mg/.055g Holding/Anxiety

Other Meds: 

Synthroid 50mcg

Supplements:

Omega fish oil 3x2000mg per day 

Multi Vitamin 

Magnesium