abcook25: Reinstating

After trying 2 different ads and adjusting the dosage 2 times on rhe one I'm currently on I've been kindled and this was the end of last year. It's been 5 months amd I'm still in bad shape. Overstimulation and hypersensitivity and ocd/anxiety arre my biggest issues I'm thinking of trying to get on a microdos.e of elavil to help anxiety and ocd. 

My questions are should I try and anyone have any success with doing this after being kindled,?

Also, when you start how do you know if the side effects you get are from being kindled or just the usual start up side effects? I wouldn't want to stop if I thought it was kindling and my system  wasnt responding well when it's just rhe normal start up side effects . 

Xanax-2014-2022. Last 2 years I took it daily. Previois years took 2-3 times a week. Came off August 2022.

Currently taking :

1mg Lunesta- started January 2022- present.

50 mg of gabapentin to help bennzo wds- started december 2022 

doxepin 10 mg . Atarted arpil 2023 still on. Have adjusted the dose several times highest was 25 mg lowest 6. 

Tried luvox October 2023 for 2 months . Same time lowered doxepin from 25 mg to 10. 

3 weeks later tried Anafranil and also lowered doxepin to 6 mg from 10. Took anafranil onky 4 days then atopped. Also went baxk up to 10 mg of doxxepin which im currently on. 

• Erimus changed the title to abcook25: Reinstating

Hello. We do not offer advice on which medication you might try next. We are a peer support forum that caters to helping people taper from psychiatric drugs, or recovering from antidepressant withdrawal.

You are taking a cocktail of drugs, and have made a number of changes, which makes it difficult to distinguish what is going on. You might wish to evaluate why you are taking so many different drugs, and how your state might improve with a period of stability, followed by a gradual reduction in dose.

If you wish to explore this further, please continue to read around the wealth of resources available on the site. Here are some of the most useful.

--------Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ--------

Micro tapering

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using a scale to weigh and measure doses

--------From the Symptoms and Self-Care Forums--------

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Hypersensitivity and Kindling

We only recommend two supplements. Omega 3 Fish Oil and Magnesium. Both should be introduced separately and increased slowly.

Regards

Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

Taper calculator spreadsheet

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021, 55mg - 23 Feb 2024, 60mg - 20 March 2024, Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose: 55.09mg  (1 July 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

Im aware of what this site is an I also know people can as about reinstating experiences which is what I'm asking. I'm on these drugs b c I came off benzos around 18 months ago. Took these to help wds. Had a set back a year ago by trying something else before I started doxepin that gave me ocd so now I need something to help that. I cannot try to come off anything I'm on now bc it will make my aymptoms worse .  I'm not asking what medication I should take. I'm asking how to know if you do take something else if you feel worse at first is it from being kindled or just the usual start up side effect that ads can cause fo r many ppl. 

Xanax-2014-2022. Last 2 years I took it daily. Previois years took 2-3 times a week. Came off August 2022.

Currently taking :

1mg Lunesta- started January 2022- present.

50 mg of gabapentin to help bennzo wds- started december 2022 

doxepin 10 mg . Atarted arpil 2023 still on. Have adjusted the dose several times highest was 25 mg lowest 6. 

Tried luvox October 2023 for 2 months . Same time lowered doxepin from 25 mg to 10. 

3 weeks later tried Anafranil and also lowered doxepin to 6 mg from 10. Took anafranil onky 4 days then atopped. Also went baxk up to 10 mg of doxxepin which im currently on. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, abcook25 said:

Im aware of what this site is an I also know people can as about reinstating experiences which is what I'm asking. I'm on these drugs b c I came off benzos around 18 months ago. Took these to help wds. Had a set back a year ago by trying something else before I started doxepin that gave me ocd so now I need something to help that. I cannot try to come off anything I'm on now bc it will make my aymptoms worse .  I'm not asking what medication I should take. I'm asking how to know if you do take something else if you feel worse at first is it from being kindled or just the usual start up side effect that ads can cause fo r many ppl. 

You are trying to treat the symptoms caused by drugs with another drug. Your nervous system is frazzled from benzo withdrawal and the introduction of multiple drugs. I do not think at this point another new drug will assist you.

Edited by Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

Taper calculator spreadsheet

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021, 55mg - 23 Feb 2024, 60mg - 20 March 2024, Start tapering - 24 April 2024

Current dose: 55.09mg  (1 July 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C