SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Facial change - bags, dark circles, aged, ageing, swollen, puffy

Cheryl

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while and into my 7th month.

Still dealing with windows/waves and have just recently noticed changes in my face, as if I aged.

I look sleepy and have bags under my eyes.

This is quite recent, probably in the last month.

I am sleeping well so I know that's not the issue.

I am extremely stressed with job while dealing with WD symptoms.

Can all this WD and stress cause us to age that quickly?? I cannot stand looking in the mirror anymore. It's as if I'm looking at a stranger.

I have read about this happening with WD from benzos but have not seen it on our forum.

I was on Lexapro 10mg, once a day for about 8 yrs combined with Abilify 2mg, once per day and Klonopin ,25-.50mg up to 4 times a day. Prior to that multiple trials of various SSRIs and low doses of unsuccessful various mood stabilizers in anticonvulsant category with the same dose of Klonopin for a total of over 16 yrs.[/font][/size]Withdrawal from Abilify around Aug. 2015 and slow taper of Lexapro began late Jan. 2016. As of January 2017 I am 11 months full withdrawal from Lexapro and was .25mg of Klonopin at night.(went to .25 klonopin at night only somewhere in October)<p>**Update with my Klonopin taper. I was on .25mg at night and .25mg in AM with varying doses of .125mg during day, maybe once or twice on as needed basis. Starting in early September 2016 reduction of .125mg day dose was decreased to only .25mg AM. Over 2-3 weeks was down to .125mg AM for about 3-4 weeks. As of sometime in October down to only .25mg at night. As of 1/7/17 I am updosed to an additional .25mg at night, for a total of .5mg. As of June 23, 2017 I am on a liquid tapered dose of klonopin. Current dose 4.1ml as of February 21, 2018**

I took photos of my face from the start of WD to now and wow....what a change!

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Good or bad CTM?

I have aged considerably since being on ADs, it's awful.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Good or bad CTM?

I have aged considerably since being on ADs, it's awful.

Do you mean since withdrawal?

I was on Lexapro 10mg, once a day for about 8 yrs combined with Abilify 2mg, once per day and Klonopin ,25-.50mg up to 4 times a day. Prior to that multiple trials of various SSRIs and low doses of unsuccessful various mood stabilizers in anticonvulsant category with the same dose of Klonopin for a total of over 16 yrs.[/font][/size]Withdrawal from Abilify around Aug. 2015 and slow taper of Lexapro began late Jan. 2016. As of January 2017 I am 11 months full withdrawal from Lexapro and was .25mg of Klonopin at night.(went to .25 klonopin at night only somewhere in October)<p>**Update with my Klonopin taper. I was on .25mg at night and .25mg in AM with varying doses of .125mg during day, maybe once or twice on as needed basis. Starting in early September 2016 reduction of .125mg day dose was decreased to only .25mg AM. Over 2-3 weeks was down to .125mg AM for about 3-4 weeks. As of sometime in October down to only .25mg at night. As of 1/7/17 I am updosed to an additional .25mg at night, for a total of .5mg. As of June 23, 2017 I am on a liquid tapered dose of klonopin. Current dose 4.1ml as of February 21, 2018**

Well the ADs that I affectively CT'd off caused WD....and thus ageing.

Especially a nasty eczema outbreak all over my face and neck (triggered by stress), which has resulted in a whole load of wrinkles.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Bad at first, much better over time.

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Thank you CTM...I have hope now that it will get better, along with everything else.

I looked terrible at first. At 34 my face was swollen and puffy and droopy eyelids and just...very very unlike myself.

That's exactly it...swollen, puffy, droopy eyelids and bags under my eyes.

How long does this last before it gets better?

Hmm not 100% sure but it was at least a year

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while and into my 7th month.

Still dealing with windows/waves and have just recently noticed changes in my face, as if I aged.

I look sleepy and have bags under my eyes.

This is quite recent, probably in the last month.

I am sleeping well so I know that's not the issue.

I am extremely stressed with job while dealing with WD symptoms.

Can all this WD and stress cause us to age that quickly?? I cannot stand looking in the mirror anymore. It's as if I'm looking at a stranger.

I have read about this happening with WD from benzos but have not seen it on our forum.

If I had to guess I would think you are not sleeping as well as you think you are. How many total hours of sleep are  you actually getting per night? Sleep deprivation can make your face look horrible until you catch up on sleep. I've experienced this myself so I can relate

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.

Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks

On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016

As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

I am sleeping pretty good. I get between 6-7 hrs, usually sleep through the night.

Same here, I slept well considering and still looked like cap.

Crap ****

I am sleeping pretty good. I get between 6-7 hrs, usually sleep through the night.

Hmm according to studies, people who sleep 6 hours per night are as impaired the next day as someone who has a blood alcohol content that is over the legal limit so you can imagine what that can do to your face if it impairs your brain that much. There was a study that showed that people who sleep 6 hours per night for 10 or 12 days, are as impaired as someone who has been awake for 48 hours straight. 7 hours of sleep should be just fine, but I think those days where you are getting as little as 6 hours of sleep a night could be affecting your face.

• 1992-Feb. 2016- Took almost every antidepressant on the market. Cold turkeyed most of the medications I took.

Stopped taking Paxil February 8 2016. I tapered the dose from 50 mg to 0 over the course of about 10 weeks

On no medications as of Feb. 8, 2016

As of 10/23/16-Still unable to sleep more than 4 to 5 hours a night, sometimes less

I was getting more.sleep than that at times but then if have insomnia and be awake for 2-3 hours a night. My face was bad for quite some time but started to improve as I began taking tissue.salts and getting further from the cold turkey....

My face is more droopy and I have developed redness around my nose. I have those red veins too like on 'drinkers nose' and this is due to WD since I didn't have this before WD and I have read that WD can enlarge veins and make hot flashes. So no wonder some people get eczema outbreaks. 

Citalopram 40mg from 2003-2015

Jan 2015 started tapering first dropped to 35mgFeb 30mg, March 25mgApril 20mg, May 17,5mg, June 15mgJuly 12,5mg, Aug 12,5mg,

Sep 0mg for 5 days because of stomac flu and after I raised to 7,5mg. All the symptoms of acute WD shaking, diarrhea, vomiting, barely could walk ect. Still didn't realize that it wasn't only stomac flu but I was also going through WD.

Oct 2,5mg and crashed again badly and quickly raised to 4mg. It was then when I knew my symptoms were due to WD.

Then in November after a month holding on 4mg raised to 5mg due to muscle weakness and had a VERY BAD reaction to reinstatement: akathisia(lasted for one or two weeks), insomnia, anhedonia... Drop quicly back to 4mg, Dec 3mg

Jan 2016 2,6mg( in the middle of Jan after I had been on 2,6mg for a week I tried to updose to 2,8mg and immediately had bad reaction to it: akathisia for a day, andehonia got worse. The next day dropped back to 2,6mg), Feb 2,4mg( a new symptom PGAD lasted 24/7 for 2 months after that on and off), March 2,4mg, April 2,3mg, May 2,2mg, June 2,1mg, July 2,0mg( Pgad almost nonexisting, sleeping pretty good, still some anhedonia but there has been a lot of gradual progress), Aug 1,97mg-1,89mg, Sep 1,88mg-1,49mg, Oct 1,48mg- 1,70mg,

Nov 0,65mg- current dose 0,5mg

Yes, I look like a retarded with lifeless, swollen, droppy, face and eyes waking up in the morning when various symptoms are at peak, but in evening, especially after I get out of gym (walk, weights, sauna, swim) I usually look more like myself and sometimes as good as it supposed to be. So this shows the effect is temporary even in WD. I'm very sure once I'm recovered, the effect on looks will be gone too like every other symptoms.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Thank you for responding everyone. It's bad enough that we have to deal with the other emotional/physical symptoms. I am praying that some of this will reverse/improve.

I am trying to get more regular with my exercise again as long as I am without headache and have a window of energy.

What are tissue.salts?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually starting to look my age (43.) Have gone noticeably gray in a short period of time. On the positive side I have been losing weight, but a bunch of lines are showing on my face all the sudden and I'm losing muscle mass. This is no doubt due to stress and an inability to exercise as much as I should.

What shocked me when I looked in the mirror this morning wasn't the lines in my face as much as the pained expression they seemed to record. Not a lot of laugh lines! I look forty-three now, and not a very happy forty-three either.... :(  

I have been on so many medications since I was 20 and diagnosed as "mentally ill" that I have lost count.

Right now, however I have been taking:

Lamictal 25 mg: I went on it in March for only 13 days, then cold turkeyed off when I thought I was developing a rash because of it. Pretended to go back on it, but didn't. Not the best idea, but I had no way to reduce the dose. Anyhow I had no adverse withdrawal reactions, probably because I was on it for less than 2 weeks.

Abilify 20 mg:  I have been on this for several years. Actually at least half the time I have spent as a meds "consumer" I have been on this nasty pill. I finished tapering off it at the beginning of 2016. Was reinstated during the 4 days I spent in a psych ward in March. Tapered off it again in 10 weeks, from say March 15-June 30. Needless to say this is not exact, but I remember I was off it before July 4 (patriotic holiday in America!) I am doing fine, although I know I may have to wait till Christmas or later to know I am out of the danger zone for withdrawal psychosis. The main thing I notice about being off is that I no longer crave sweets all the time and am losing weight without trying. Good thing since I used to weigh 350 lbs.!

Effexor 150 mg: This is the real trouble-maker. Since I have no other way of tapering I do the best I can by bead counting. I unscrew the gel capsule and count out the tiny micro-capsules or beads inside. This works fairly well with the generic time release version. Only 120 beads to count of almost identical size. Lately I have been "holding" at 20 bead removal due to some major stress in my life. Moving hundreds of miles from my old home and a bout of strep throat that wouldn't respond to antibiotics.  I guess that means I'm on 120 mg of Effexor right now. On October 16 I am going to recommence my taper since I am safely moved and no longer have strep! 

I admit now that I did something stupid. I had trouble opening the extra strength gel capsules containing the beads so I reinstated at the original dose for a week. I know it's not good to play ping pong with my brain, but I could never open the capsules without spilling those microscopic balls all over so I was never sure what dosage I was taking! Thank the LORD that I finally have the old kind again and can safely count out the amount. I am now back on 135 mg and feel somewhat better.

October 30, 2016. I am down to 120 mg effexor. November 27, 2016. Down to 105 mg effexor. December 25, 2016. 90 mg effexor. January 15, 2017. 75 mg effexor. January 21. 82.5 mg effexor. January 23, 90 mg again. Feb. 14, 81.25 mg. Mar. 15, 72.5 mg. Mar. 27, 65 mg.  Apr. 9, 58.75 mg. Apr. 24, 52.5 mg.

I'm actually starting to look my age (43.) Have gone noticeably gray in a short period of time. On the positive side I have been losing weight, but a bunch of lines are showing on my face all the sudden and I'm losing muscle mass. This is no doubt due to stress and an inability to exercise as much as I should.

What shocked me when I looked in the mirror this morning wasn't the lines in my face as much as the pained expression they seemed to record. Not a lot of laugh lines! I look forty-three now, and not a very happy forty-three either.... :(

I have lost muscle mass too Rachel. We lose it as we age, but a larger amount in what I consider a short period is not normal.

I am grateful for this group...we all have so many withdrawal symptoms and it's so good to know that many of these are not just "in our head".

• 2 years later...

So after 5 months into wd i started getting bags i never had before. How does this go away? Even my face is so skinny. 

Ngill

• ChessieCat changed the title to Bags under eyes from AD
  • 3 months later...

It mystifies me why I'm no longer photogenic, like I used to be until age 31 or so... around that time I was a few years into Zoloft, and also adding and trying all sorts of other SSRIs, then also trying to withdraw really fast... not to mention I had crises after crises and constant suffering, though also spiritual awakening. Since then I have not been able to get the effortless photogenicity back.

Can anyone relate, kind of? Or any thoughts on why this could be?

2000: Paxil, low dose. 2001: Paxil, quickly tapered off. 2006: Zoloft, 25mg. 2007: Wellbutrin, low dose, discontinued after a week or a month. 2007-2009: Zoloft, increasing dose (up to 75mg). 2009-2011: Zoloft, failed withdrawal attempts (cold-turkey; fast tapering). 2009-2011: Trying out Cymbalta, Celexa, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Ativan, and Xanax. 2012-2015: Zoloft, 100mg to 200mg. 2013: Trazadone for Zoloft-induced insomnia, 25mg to 50mg.  2015: Trileptal, dose?, withdrew; Bupropion, up to 200mg. 2016: Zoloft, 137mg, Bupropion, 150mg, Trazodone, 25mg.

05/21/16: Began Zoloft taper - 10% from 150mg - 137ish mg

06/23/16: Zoloft taper - 125mg

08/03/16: Bupropion XL taper - cut 150mg pill in crude half (mistake)

10/31: Zoloft successfully down to 100mg. Staying on 100mg for 2-3 months to let my brain rest.

11/09: Wellbutrin SR prescribed, 150mg once a day, for withdrawal.

12/11: Wellbutrin SR, twice daily - minus 18ishmg = 112.50mg

09/30/17: Off Wellbutrin SR successfully. Zoloft taper: 90ish mg (shaving it off). Trazodone: still at 50mg.

June 2018: Zoloft: 80ish (shaving off). Trazodone: 6mg. End of 2018: Off Trazodone.

01/20: Zoloft: 70ish?

08/20: Still around 80 or 70. Tapering by only 15 shaves each month.

04/2021: 50mg! 11/2022: 40ish mg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Stormstrong I've merged your topic with a similar one.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• 2 weeks later...

Very much so here in recent months. 

Wrinkles around my eyes. When I look in the mirror I seem kinda pale. Lots of pimples (I never even had pimples when I was a teenager) I breakout in rashes and have skin burning. I never even knew I had eczema. Just awful. I’m only 32. Never thought I’d age this quickly (It’s been less than a year)

Prozac (2007-2008), Zoloft (2009-2017) Paxil (2017-2018), Celexa (2018), Luvox (2018-Current) Average 50-200. Nothing as of January 2019

Lorazepam 2007-Current 2MG 3 times a day

same here. since withdrawals hit i feel like i look 10 years older. i always looked young for my age but i've developed wrinkles and sagging skin so quickly and don't even recognise myself in the mirror some days. i hate having my photo taken normally but these last two years i can see how much i've aged when someone snaps me.

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. It's been nearly 5.6 years for me and one symptom that has remained and stayed with me throughout is dark circles under the eyes, not just a couple of black bags but serious dark circles that have caused me to have to put makeup and concealer under my eyes. I feel embarrassed by this symptom as it can be noticeable. I have looked online and it can be caused by a number of things like allergies, or iron deficieny or possibly fatigue. I still don't have deep sleep and only able to sleep for 7 hours tops. Any one else with this symptom or does anyone have any suggestions that might help (naturally) will this go when WD ends?

• ChessieCat changed the title to Facial change - bags, dark circles, aged, ageing, swollen, puffy
  • 2 weeks later...

Are these physical changes members are experiencing during withdrawal or while actively on a drug and not tapering? 

20 mg citalopram hydrobromide stopped on Friday 25th January 2019 💊

• 1 year later...

Hi! I took citalopram for 3 weeks in August, and I haven't taken it for 3.5 months. I still have terrible symptoms. My sleep is not very good.I have swollen bags under my eyes, I look like a grandmother, I don't understand what they are? I think it's because I don't get enough sleep? or is it because of something else?thank you for your answer.

August 19 2020-06 September 2020 cipramil

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2016 at 1:24 PM, coldturkmama said:

Bad at first, much better over time.

did the dark circles go away for you? I have dark circles under my eyes all of sudden since withdrawal looks kinda swollen too & makes no sense I’m only in my 20’s

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

7 hours ago, peaceandlove said:

did the dark circles go away for you? I have dark circles under my eyes all of sudden since withdrawal looks kinda swollen too & makes no sense I’m only in my 20’s

my face before, during and after withdrawal is sooo different. I looked swollen and puffy. It will improve. I have photos somewhere if you want to inbox me I’ll see if I can find it lol 😂 ugh so embarrassing!! 

On 10/18/2022 at 3:25 AM, coldturkmama said:

my face before, during and after withdrawal is sooo different. I looked swollen and puffy. It will improve. I have photos somewhere if you want to inbox me I’ll see if I can find it lol 😂 ugh so embarrassing!! 

ugh yes if you could please so I don’t feel so alone & confused about this lol. But I’m glad you’re feeling better now !!

On 10/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, peaceandlove said:

ugh yes if you could please so I don’t feel so alone & confused about this lol. But I’m glad you’re feeling better now !!

I’m having a hard time

trying to upload

them somewhere private so I don’t blast my face all over the internet and it keeps telling me the files are

too big etc I’ll keep trying to

figure it out 

15 hours ago, coldturkmama said:

I’m having a hard time

trying to upload

them somewhere private so I don’t blast my face all over the internet and it keeps telling me the files are

too big etc I’ll keep trying to

figure it out 

Ahw honestly it’s ok I believe you lol. Thank you for trying. Just you telling me it eventually went away was enough for me. & it does come & go for me so I guess that’s good 🙂 

Yes! My face changed a lottttt. You’ll get there!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy