SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Tips for tapering Zoloft (sertraline)

Altostrata

• Administrator

Aka Lustral, Serlift, Sertawin, Zosert, etc.

Sertraline is an SSRI with a half-life of about 26 hours. It is metabolized mainly by the liver enzyme P450 CYP2B6, plus CYP 2D6 (substrate, inhibitor), CYP 3A4 (substrate, inhibitor), and CYP 2C9 (substrate). It has an active metabolite, norsertraline, with a half-life of 62 to 104 hours, which may extend its effects.

Dosage forms and strengths, from Pfizer:

• 25 mg tablets
  • 50 mg tablets
  • 100 mg tablets
  • Oral solution (new name, same product as oral concentrate): a clear, colorless solution with a menthol scent containing sertraline hydrochloride equivalent to 20 mg of sertraline per mL and 12% alcohol. It is supplied as a 60 mL bottle with an accompanying calibrated dropper that has 25 mg and 50 mg graduation marks.

The best method for a very gradual, precise taper would be using Zoloft liquid.

Sertraline is available as a liquid in the UK, see https://bnfc.nice.org.uk/drug/sertraline.html

Reduce by 10% per month to start
The 10% rule holds for Zoloft, just like other psychiatric drugs: Reduce by 10% per month, calculated on the last dosage. (The amount of the reduction gets progressively smaller.)

See Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Cutting up tablets
According to FDA information at http://www.drugs.com/pro/zoloft.html, Zoloft comes in scored tablets of 25, 50 and 100 mg dosages.

The scoring on the tablets indicates they can be split. Cut them up with a pill cutter, available at any drug store.

Precisely weighing tablet pieces or crushed tablets with an electronic digital scale
You may wish to precisely measure your dosage with an electronic scale that measures milligrams. These are available for under $30 US. See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1596-using-a-digital-scale-to-measure-doses/

Use Zoloft liquid concentrate to taper
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=52077:

Zoloft oral concentrate is available in a multidose 60 mL bottle. Each mL of solution contains sertraline hydrochloride equivalent to 20 mg of sertraline. The solution contains the following inactive ingredients: glycerin, alcohol (12%), menthol, butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT).

From http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a697048.html

Sertraline concentrate must be diluted before use. Immediately before taking it, use the provided dropper to remove the amount of concentrate your doctor has told you to take. Mix the concentrate with 4 ounces (1/2 cup [120 milliliters]) of water, ginger ale, lemon or lime soda, lemonade, or orange juice. Do not mix the concentrate with any liquids other than the ones listed. Drink immediately.

US order code for Zoloft 20mg/ml Concentrate Solution NDC 000494940

Unlike other oral liquid antidepressant preparations, Zoloft liquid should be mixed with water because if it is taken directly from the bottle, it is likely to cause a burning sensation in the mouth.

As it is in a 20mg per mL concentration, this means using an oral syringe to measure out the proper amount. If you wish to take 50mg, you would take 2.5mL from the bottle, drop it in a small glass of water, etc., and drink it all.

If you are taking 50mg and wish to reduce by 10% (5mg), you would take 2.25mL (45mg) from the bottle, drop it in a small glass of water, etc., and drink it all.

Personally, I would use water rather than fruit juice or soda so I can see what's left in the glass. I might even drink the mixture, fill the glass again, swirl it a bit, and drink that to make sure to get all the Zoloft out of the glass.

Stored diluted liquid - see this post regarding white film at the bottom of container after diluting with water.

Make your own liquid
Many people make their own Zoloft liquid out of tablets and water. See How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Use a combination of tablets and liquid

Rather than switch directly to an all-liquid dose, you may wish to take part of your dose in liquid and part in tablets, gradually converting to all-liquid as you get to lower dosages. This can be very convenient and reduce any problems switching from one form of the drug to another.

For example, if you are taking 100mg Zoloft and wish to reduce by 10%, you could get a prescription for 50mg tablets and the liquid, then take one 50mg tablet and 40mg Zoloft in liquid form to total a daily dose of 90mg. Most likely, the doctor who writes the prescriptions will have to indicate "divided doses" to get the drugs covered by insurance.

Have a compounding pharmacy make up capsules of smaller dosages, or a liquid
A compounding pharmacy will accurately weigh small doses and put them into capsules for you. If you cannot find Zoloft liquid or do not want to make your own, a compounding pharmacy can also make a sertraline liquid (probably from crushing tablets).

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/235-tapering-techniques/page__p__3001#entry3001

Edited by manymoretodays
updated, added link to NICE, and that liquid IS available in the UK

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 11 months later...

"Precisely weighing tablet pieces or crushed tablets with an electronic digital scale

You may wish to precisely measure your dosage with an electronic scale that measures milligrams. These are available for under $30 US."

Can you tell me where to get a digital scale that measures milligrams? I'm thinking on line-- the local scales I've seen don't measure milligrams.

Okay-- I found the link for the gemini 20.

• 2 months later...

Can someone help me figure out what I need to do? I am currently taking 5 mg. zoloft and will make liquid from my tablet. I plan to dissolve the 5 mg. in water. i want to taper to 4.8 mg. I have three syringes. One is one ml., one is 5 ml, one is 10 ml. How much water do I use to dissolve the 5 mg. in? How much do I drinK?

Is this the proper way to do this? Or should I use a larger pill and subtract in a different way?

I'm nut sure even what question to ask? My brain fog and general difficulty with this type math is making this very difficult for me to figure out on my own. Just need a bit of guidance and it is much appreciated.

June, 1998 zoloft 50 mg. Had entered menopause, was irritable and anxious

Summer 2010, added welbutrin to zoloft, switched to effexor,did not work
9/ 2010 zoloft 75 mg. 11/25/10 50 mg.  12/30 45
1/19/11 40.5 2/6 36.5 3/7 32.8
3/29 29.5 4/20 25 5/28 22.5
6/16 20.2 7/7 18.2 7/28 16.4
8/18 14.7 9/8 13.0 9/23 12.5
10/10 11.2 11/6 10.6 11/9 11.2
12/7 10.5 1/1/12 10 2/1 9.5
3/1 9 3/23 8.5 4/30 5/29 7.5 6/26 7 7/31 6.5
8/22 6 9/15 5.5 10/2012/17 4.8 (switched to homemade liquid) 2/8/2013 zoloft free

• Administrator

There are a number of ways you can do this.

You may notice 10mL is a very little amount of water and may not dissolve the tablet. Try 50mL.

• Crush the 5mg Zoloft on a piece of wax paper. Carefully pour it into a small container with a lid.

• Using the 10mL syringe, put 50mL lukewarm water in the container. (Draw the water from a glass.)

• Put the lid on the container. Shake gently.

You now have 5mg mixed in 50mL water, or 1mg in 10mL, or .1mg in 1mL.

• To take 4.8mg, use the 5mL syringe to remove 2mL (containing .2mg). Throw it away. (You will use the 1mL syringe when you need to make smaller decrements.)

• 48mL (4.8mg) is left in the container. Drink this, add a little water to the empty container, swish it around and drink again to make sure you get all the particles.

This is a 1:10 dilution. You may find it convenient to make other dilution ratios. You'll have to adjust the math accordingly.

Zoloft also comes in a liquid form with prescription from the pharmacy.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto,

This is exactly what I need. Can't thank you enough, God bless. xx

June, 1998 zoloft 50 mg. Had entered menopause, was irritable and anxious

Summer 2010, added welbutrin to zoloft, switched to effexor,did not work
9/ 2010 zoloft 75 mg. 11/25/10 50 mg.  12/30 45
1/19/11 40.5 2/6 36.5 3/7 32.8
3/29 29.5 4/20 25 5/28 22.5
6/16 20.2 7/7 18.2 7/28 16.4
8/18 14.7 9/8 13.0 9/23 12.5
10/10 11.2 11/6 10.6 11/9 11.2
12/7 10.5 1/1/12 10 2/1 9.5
3/1 9 3/23 8.5 4/30 5/29 7.5 6/26 7 7/31 6.5
8/22 6 9/15 5.5 10/2012/17 4.8 (switched to homemade liquid) 2/8/2013 zoloft free

• 4 months later...

Has anybody done a DIY liquid Zoloft here? I need some advice and guidance from somebody that has the experience of what Im fixin to do.

I've been on 100 mg of Zoloft for 8 years since 05. I started on 50 mg and the doctor bumped me up cause it wasn't working I guess. Six months into taking it I asked if I could get off. He said to wait a year then try. So, after a year I tapered in 25 mg increments and took 12.5 for my final taper dose, and really was doing fine until I finished. I got dizzy bad and got sad and the doctor said I had a relapse and to get back on it. So not knowing to gradually get back on I took 100 mg.

That sent me for a weird loop. I almost lost complete hope but finally stabled out. I guess that's my short version of my story.

• Administrator

Dale, have you seen these tips?

Yes, I've read it but I wanted to chat directly with someone that's doing the Zoloft taper. You know, kinda like support. ;)

I've been on 100 mg of Zoloft for 8 years since 05. I started on 50 mg and the doctor bumped me up cause it wasn't working I guess. Six months into taking it I asked if I could get off. He said to wait a year then try. So, after a year I tapered in 25 mg increments and took 12.5 for my final taper dose, and really was doing fine until I finished. I got dizzy bad and got sad and the doctor said I had a relapse and to get back on it. So not knowing to gradually get back on I took 100 mg.

That sent me for a weird loop. I almost lost complete hope but finally stabled out. I guess that's my short version of my story.

Whats funny is I've read all these tips and there awesome. Knowing that Zoloft comes in liquid, I feel like I'm bothering my doctor if I ask for a prescription for it. I see a doctor at whats called a mental clinic and I've just got my 100mgs filled so He might make me wait but I dont know.

Im feeling confident the more I read on how to make my liquid. Thanks to this site. :)

• Administrator

You're welcome, Dale. You're not bothering your doctor to get a prescription for the liquid. Writing prescriptions is his or her job.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrator

Gizmo123, I moved your post to start your Introductions topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6030-gizmo123-on-zoloft-seroquel-and-klonopin/

It got lost here. Please let's discuss in your Intro topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please give me advice for tapering off 200mg of Zoloft?  If I follow the 10% regimen, calculating at each new dose, it would be 3 years before I even got down to 5mg.

Jun '01- Paxil 30mg, Xanax PRN

Dec '02- Prozac 20mg*, Ativan PRN (* cross tapered)

Jan '03- Paxil CR 30mg*, raised to 50mg in Apr 03

Oct '03- Zoloft 200mg*

Oct '05- Wellbutrin XL 300mg*

Oct '06- Effexor XR 150mg*

Nov '12- After extreme fx, Lexapro 20mg*, Ativan PRN

Jan '13- Effexor XR 150mg* after unbearable fx, Klonopin .5mg daily

Mar '13- Raise to Effexor XR 225mg, extreme fx worsen, hospitalized inpatient 2 days, Klonopin .75mg daily

May '13- Enter partial program, raise to Effexor XR 300mg, extreme fx worsen, RI 225mg, cross taper to 200mg Zoloft

Aug '13- Exit partial program, Begin 4-month Klonopin taper, finish taper Nov 13. Extreme fx subside in Feb

Feb '14 - Jan '15- Stabilized at 200mg Zoloft, slowly improving, dissociation, mental fog, adhd, anxiety

January 9, 2015 - 187.5mg (Began Zoloft taper)

February 9, 2015 - 175mg

March 6, 2015 - 162.5mg 

April 16, 2015 - 150mg

May 28, 2015 - 137.5mg

June 30, 2015 - 125mg

• Administrator

That would be correct at 10% decreases every month.

You may be able to go a little faster with 10% decreases every 3 weeks or 2 weeks until you get about half-way down, then most people need to go slower.

Get ready for a long project. This is why a lot of people here have a lot of anger towards psychiatry.

• 7 months later...

Brain fog and scared that I'm doing it wrong not a good mix. So I mix 25 ml water to 25mg of tablet. Take out 25ml and add juice. But I just realised that haven't been very accurate with the juice..so as long as I measure the same amount of juice this is ok? Juice needed as it really burns the mouth just with water.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Administrator

You don't need to measure the juice, just make sure you drink it all after you add 25mL Zoloft liquid.

Thanks.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor

Just a tip, if you put the zoloft tablet into water, and wait, it breaks up itself, no need to crush it.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• 1 month later...

I now have liquid sertraline but wondered if it can be diluted to get the dilution that I need. I asked the pharmacy and they cannot recommend it 'for legal reasons'. Laughable if it weren't so tragic that the existing advice is so damaging.

• Administrator

Find the ingredients for the liquid sertraline (could be in an insert). If it contains water, you can dilute it with water.

Ok thanks

Hi everyone,

I was on 50mg of sertraline for 7 months. Over the course of a month I decided to taper down to come off the AD. 3 weeks after my last dose I have now been hit by the most awful anxiety. So in the past fews days I have restarted the sertraline at 25mg...

Is this the right thing to do? Or am I messing my brain chemistry up by doing this? 

I feel very worried by all this right now

Thanks

Ryan

February 2010: 10mg escitalopram after months of undiagnosed anxiety and weeks of extreme insomnia

April 2010: new GP changed me to 20mg citalopram because of "cost". On and off 10mg and 20mg of Citalopram for three years. Stopping completely in March 2013. 

October 2013: 10mg citalopram for increased anxiety

February 2014: switched to 50mg sertraline due to prickling, pins and needles sensations in skin.

October 2014: developed burning and pins and needles in legs. 100mg Pregabalin was added to the sertraline for symptoms. 

November 2014: sertraline increased to 100mg. Then reduced back to 50mg after two weeks because of side effects.

January 2015: continued burning symptoms. GP recommended reducing to 25mg. Stayed at 25mg for 2 weeks. Used pill cutter to half the 25mg into 12.5mg. Stayed there for 2 weeks. 

Start of February 2015: stopped completely. 2 weeks after last dose, anxiety and insomnia increased. 

No ingredients list on the liquid sert.

A different brand of sertraline has been delivered..I cannot get hold of the kind I know is ok for me..where do I go from here then if I react to this now..

• Administrator

Phone the manufacturer for the ingredients. Dilute with water if water is one of the ingredients.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Is there any benefit in taking sertraline in divided doses ?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

Some people find it more comfortable to divide doses.

• 4 weeks later...

I have liquid now and 25mg tablets. Can I mix the tablets and liquid? Or stick to one or the other? Or switch to liquid safely only? Hope this makes sense. My brains not working that well. Thx again!

17 years on Zoloft, 47 years old now

3 years on Ativan for sleep cold turkeyed in 2014

Reinstated after 1 week, cold turkey again 1 month later with phenobarbital. Dp/dr, intrusive thoughts, insomnia, depression, still able to work, exercise heavily, be a parent

After 4 months went to doc, wanted off of Zoloft, didn’t know risks, starting dose 100mg

Rapid taper, got down to 35mg in 6 weeks.  hit real real trouble, akathesia, terror, awake for 6 weeks, hospitalization, put me in 15 temazapam to put me asleep, transfered to some swanky ocean front place in Malibu Ca. Massive polydrugged, got sicker and sicker

10mg zyprexa for 5 months, then tapered

1000mg depakote for 8 months, 10 month taper

Still on 15mg temazapam

Start SSRI taper in jan.

current dose 40mg Zoloft 

15mg temazapam 

• Administrator

Yes, you can take part of your dose in tablet form and part in liquid form. I've updated http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1441-tips-for-tapering-off-zoloft-sertraline/

Thx alto!

17 years on Zoloft, 47 years old now

3 years on Ativan for sleep cold turkeyed in 2014

Reinstated after 1 week, cold turkey again 1 month later with phenobarbital. Dp/dr, intrusive thoughts, insomnia, depression, still able to work, exercise heavily, be a parent

After 4 months went to doc, wanted off of Zoloft, didn’t know risks, starting dose 100mg

Rapid taper, got down to 35mg in 6 weeks.  hit real real trouble, akathesia, terror, awake for 6 weeks, hospitalization, put me in 15 temazapam to put me asleep, transfered to some swanky ocean front place in Malibu Ca. Massive polydrugged, got sicker and sicker

10mg zyprexa for 5 months, then tapered

1000mg depakote for 8 months, 10 month taper

Still on 15mg temazapam

Start SSRI taper in jan.

current dose 40mg Zoloft 

15mg temazapam 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I've been trying to find the right place to post this, so I hope someone can redirect me to the proper thread. I'm beginning tapering from 18mg of Sertraline, have looked at this site's many links to precise scales, but I'm still not sure how or what kind of file to buy to shorten the pills? If someone could please redirect me to a video or list of files I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

PanickedPat

1 year, 8 months on Sertraline. Currently at 18.75mg. Want to wean off by the 2-year mark (October 2015). Who's with me? :)

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life. And the procedure, the process, is its own reward." --Amelia Earhart

I don't know pat I'm afraid but I know that I absolutely love the quote by Amelia eckhart!

• Administrator

PanickedPathfinder, we do not recommend the filing method, it's too imprecise, see Did I go wrong with my nailfile?

Please read the first post in this topic for other, more controllable ways to taper.

Thanks for the response, Altostrata. Unfortunately, my doctor is playing ignorant about any liquid sertraline options, and I honestly don't feel comfortable with liquid solutions I'd make myself. Your community here has had tremendous results with making their own liquid solutions, but I really don't feel it's for me. I'd feel most in control (though I know the margin for exact doses is large) through filing. Are you certain you can't recommend some method for shaving/filing scored pills? If I could at least start with this method and see how I feel, I'd love to go that route. (I just ordered a precise gram scale for the exercise!)

Any further comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

PanickedPat

1 year, 8 months on Sertraline. Currently at 18.75mg. Want to wean off by the 2-year mark (October 2015). Who's with me? :)

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act; the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life. And the procedure, the process, is its own reward." --Amelia Earhart

• Administrator

Weighing will make the nailfile method more precise.

For your doctor's information: US order code for Zoloft 20mg/ml Concentrate Solution is NDC 000494940

• 1 month later...

I´m doing some research for my husband who fears he has to taper his Zoloft. He wonders if anybody has found anything that masks the dreadful tast he knows will be a problem with liquid solutions. I understand the tablets taste horrible. He can´t use anything with sugar.

He fears that Zoloft mixture from the pharmasy will be too different from the tablets and hopes that making solutions of the tablets will give a smoother  taper. Has anybody tried tapering on mixture after using tablets? How was the transition?

• Administrator

Please read this topic from the beginning. You could make a solution with water and then take your dose in apple juice.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy