SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

An Exercise to Calm Yourself and Heal Anguish

Whatever

I learned the following visualization exercise from a therapist I went to in the early 1990's. It is very powerful and effective in calming and healing mental anguish. It involves calling your inner child. So please follow me.

Imagine yourself as you are now

Imagine that you are in front of an elevator on any floor of your choosing, in any building of your choosing

Imagine that the elevator doors open and you step in and press the button for the basement

Imagine a slow ride down the elevator

Imagine that the elevator doors open and your see yourself as a child (at any age) at a place that was a happy place for you as a child

Imagine that you walk up to the child and say hello

At this point have a dialog with your child. Tell your child whatever you as an adult feel you should tell your child. Listen to what your child tells you. Stay with your child for as long as you feel you need to

(This part will be very personal)

When you depart from your child imagine walking to the elevator

Imagine waiting for the elevator doors to open

Imagine stepping into the elevator and pressing the floor you came from

Imagine standing in the elevator and riding up to your original floor

Imagine the elevator doors opening and step out of the elevator

AT THIS POINT YOU MAY FEEL LIKE CRYING, YOU MAY FEEL A SENSE OF CALM, YOU MAY FEEL A SENSE OF CONTROL

This is a very powerful exercise that helps you to calm and heal past pain and current pain. It can be practiced PRN or regulary.

I hope this helps.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

This sounds like a good meditation! I'm going to try this. Thanks for posting it.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• Administrator

Very beautiful. Thank you, Whatever.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

thank you whatever

it was this technique that opened my eyes to the world of spirituality many years ago

i found it to be sooo powerful but i wanted to go much further and deeper than this,and i believe that not only my spiritual journey started .....but my mental instability as well

the doors i started opening where heavier than i ever thought and my lack of patience made it even worse :D

this WILL also CHANGE

• 11 years later...

Here is a YouTube video with some calming music to go along with this meditation it seems to be very helpful and if you scroll down and look at the comments those should definitely be helpful.

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Quitting Seroquel_A Vacation In Hell_Redacted.pdf

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

Here's another video that is good for both withdrawal and for those dealing with trauma either individually or together.

2. Carbamazepine IR  190 mg twice daily (380mg Daily) 2011 - Present (Currently Tapering)

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to August 2021   Seroquel (in Recovery since August 2021 final dose 6.25mg), Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 1000 IU (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 180 mg twice daily -Clonidine 0.1 mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (a.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Magnesium Citrate 250mg twice daily, Betaine HCL & Digestine Enzymes With Meals

Other Documents https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/26099-feralcatman-recovering-from-seroquel/?do=findComment&comment=633907

So I came up with my own therapy technique which I'm sure other people have done as well but the other day on one of my online radio stations a series of love songs came on and I started singing them to myself and my inner child and it's actually helping quite a lot so I've been doing it more. In my opinion some of what leads to anxiety and depression is a lack of love and especially self love so since this is helping me I thought maybe it would help other people. If you want to try this here are two songs to get you started and sing them to yourself in the mirror or in your head to your inner child and just adapt the lyrics appropriately where needed.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy