SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

The Marketing of Madness

Shanti

This is a good documentary about how mental illnesses are created, how it's marketed, falsifying and twisting biased studies, etc. It's 3 hours long. But I think it's good to watch and share with family and friends. The more people that understand this, the more chance we have of changing the way things are done.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 8 months later...

This is a good documentary about how mental illnesses are created, how it's marketed, falsifying and twisting biased studies, etc. It's 3 hours long. But I think it's good to watch and share with family and friends. The more people that understand this, the more chance we have of changing the way things are done.

http-~~-//youtu.be/uFkivsEy3CI

Hi Shanti,

My doctor so much as acknowledged that the pharmaceuticle industry does not ask the hard question in drug trials (ask the right quesions) or ask for detailes when asking questions about side effects, they know that some side effects such as sexual disfunction are not volunteered by the trial subjects (too personal) so they avoid asking for details. And of course this skewes the results of the study.

I want to ask her "If you know this then how can you as a doctor in good conscience even consider prescribing these medications you really know nothing about?"

I thought she was a good doctor who really cared about my well being but none of this makes any sense to me. I wasn't even sure if I could continue case management as I assumed that my case management had a prerequisit of drug treatment. To even have to ask this question really says something about the state of affairs of Psychiatry and my state of mind. Very scary!

In my mind I thought drugs are not required for mental health case management but I didn't hesitate to ask the question. Because it never came up before I had no difinitive answer.

This just goes to show how important it is to ask the right questions which means watching movies like this one (saw the movie) educating our selves is the only good defense and we must learn to ask and demand answers we can understand. If the Dcotor in unwilling to disclose important info about a drug, for example a particular drug based on the Doctors personal experience not the PDR is known to have the potental for withdrawal then the Doctor needs to disclose that information.

If this information is not disclosed then the Doctor, and certainly in my case she was cought up in lies and deceit by omission by witholding critical information I needed to know, the consequesnces of her actions could have put me in the hospital or worse I thought I was dying. I now wonder how I can ever trust her again.

I confronted her on the issue of withdrawal and she comes clean after the fact and admits she knew and chose to not inform me of the posibility of withdrawal. Post informed concent (when new information comes to light) is potentially more important then the initial informed concent.

Well I'm done with my rant, but boy it sure does make one think.

• 1 month later...

http-~~-//youtu.be/uFkivsEy3CI

I gave a copy of this movie to my Psyc case worker, I see her on wed this week, If she hasn't watched it, I'll consider her to be a sheeple.

My first talk with her was about 2 weeks ago, I asked her some pointed questions and she was very non responsive.

I will take the opertunity to have some fun with her. I may be wasting my time with her but I am curious to know what is on her mind.

Just FYI the film is made by CCHR...Scientology...

it's not a piece of work I'd use to show a professional as Scientologists aren't particularly credible and participate in all manner of coercion too...much like psychiatry.

It gives people a relatively solid reason not to take anything said in the movie seriously...whether it has merit or not.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• 2 years later...

Just FYI the film is made by CCHR...Scientology... it's not a piece of work I'd use to show a professional as Scientologists aren't particularly credible and participate in all manner of coercion too...much like psychiatry. It gives people a relatively solid reason not to take anything said in the movie seriously...whether it has merit or not.

In spite of the organization who produced this documentary, I found it to be remarkably informative and interesting.  This documentary is loaded with examples of specific doctors and specific cases, I found it to be quite informative and accurate (from what I can tell based on what I've read, etc).  I do appreciate knowing that it's made by CCHR, did not realize that until I read your post and then later verified this information for myself.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy