SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

haley: Not too sure what to believe...

haley

Okay, I am looking too get somewhere tommorow, with this. If I ask for that, it wouldnt cause like a serotonin syndrome?

"Before God, We were all equally wise and equally foolish."-Albert Einstein

Paxil(paroxetine) 20mg prescribed in april 2012

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• haley

• Altostrata

• Brandy

• Barbarannamated

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks barbaraa.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Okay, I am looking too get somewhere tommorow, with this. If I ask for that, it wouldnt cause like a serotonin syndrome?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Serotonin syndrome is when people take toxic amounts of serotonergic meds - usually a combination of multiple meds, or a serotonergic med plus a serotonergic supplement.

Reinstating a low dose of something you used to take will not cause this!

(Forgive me if I didn't understand your question. It's late and I'm getting sleepy!)

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

I was wandering that cause I can't find happiness in anything. I am looking for somebody too get me liquid paxil, but this state is so hard too find places that will listen too a certain degree.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

I was wandering that cause I can't find happiness in anything. I am looking for somebody too get me liquid paxil, but this state is so hard too find places that will listen too a certain degree.

Happiness may be elusive for a while, but hang in there. Depression and related symptoms are common in withdrawal but they are not symptoms of serotonin syndrome. Two totally different things! And it may take a little while to get the depression under control, but you'll get good advice here and lots of support and understanding as you start on a better path to recovering from this. It's a normal, though unpleasant, response to going off a med faster than the body can heal from.

I live in a different state than you and never used the oral suspension (liquid), but as far as I know you need a doctor's prescription written specifically for the liquid.

If you don't have that yet, that may be the problem with the communications with pharmacies.

If your doctor is willing to prescribe it in liquid form (even if he or she doesn't see the need for it - you can just say you prefer to use it in that form), have them issue a prescription specifically for the oral suspension. A pharmacy should be able to fill such a prescription, even if they need to order it. As Alto and I have mentioned, it might take a day or so for it to be delivered to them if they don't have it on the shelf, but at least you'll know it's underway.

Let us know how it goes, OK?

I was "TryingToGetWell" (aka TTGW) on paxilprogress. I also was one of the original members here on Surviving Antidepressants

I had horrific and protracted withdrawal from paxil, but now am back to enjoying life with enthusiasm to the max, some residual physical symptoms continued but largely improve. The horror, severe derealization, anhedonia, akathisia, and so much more, are long over.

My signature is a temporary scribble from year 2013. I'll rewrite it when I can.

If you want to read it, click on http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/209-brandy-anyone/?p=110343

Yes, thank you soo muchh.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Will I honestly ever be okay again? Has any of you fully recovered?

Ahhh. I feel like dying.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

Haley

I know it feels like this will never end, but it will. The symptoms will lift and you will find your way clear of this awful state you are in.

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

I am only confused as too how i am so confused about life? Is that a symptom,

And could acupuncture help?

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

I found acupuncture to be helpful.

(haley, are you reading on this site on a cell phone? It must be confusing. You'll get more out of it if you read it on a computer or tablet.)

Give these specifications for Paxil liquid to your doctor: 10 mg/5ml Paxil Oral Suspension (liquid): 10mg/5 ml, in 250 ml white bottles. Ordering code NDC 0029-3215-48

Serotonin syndrome occurs when you take too many serotonergic drugs at the same time. You're not taking any. If you take only a small amount of Paxil, you will not get serotonin syndrome.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes Haley, confusion is a symptom of withdrawal. You will get better. I was hysterical sometimes when I first found this forum. I wondered if I would ever get better. I thought I'd never be me again. I was severely depressed, loaded with anxiety and fears, had maddening insomnia, suicidal ideation and those are just some of the emotional issues. I had muscle twitches, panic attacks, vivid dreams - mostly about dead people. Then I started having tinnitus so loud that it was hard to think.

Sweetie, you will get better! Just hold on and try to calm down, I know this is easier said than done. I just want to give you hope because there is light at the end of the tunnel. {{{hugs}}}

Love,

Tezza

It is on my cell. I dont have my own computer. And also this process is a lot harder when I just jad a recent relationship.... With my best friend(female).. End. She left because of me. I pushed her away. Well I hurt her. I hit her time aand time agian. And the last time I was prolly three days into wd. And I usually could stop which isnt a good thing anyways, but I have too deal with knowing I truly smashed her.

this whole thing is alot. And I am soo scared. Immobilized. And the thing is, I dont know how too help myself.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

First thing, accept yourself as a person with flaws. Focus on taking care of yourself, you hurt yourself when you hurt others.

Can you see a therapist? You might find radical acceptance or Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) might be helpful.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes, looking into other therapists at the moment. I have an appt, tomorow for a neurophyschologist. So I hope he can be apt too work with me.

I have been into alot of drugs but never anything too bad, but hallucinogens. And then I take a ssri and its simply remarkable

I havent came too terms with acceptance yet.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

Uhhh....don't be surprised if the neuropsychologist says you should be taking psychiatric drugs. That's what they do.

If I were you, I'd try to find a psychotherapist who will give you understanding, emotional support, and guidance to self-acceptance.

Yeah, I mean I was just wanting an evaluation, but he seemed nice. Give it a shot, but I have too many people hating on me and nobody sees through it alto, that I am hurting.

I want this too all go away, but I cant do it when my suppport system has dwindled. I guess, they dont care. Or idk, im just somewhat taken aback by how when I was happy and strong I always had people come too me for there issues....blah blah.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Alto, I have been off the meds close too two months... Isnt that two long too restart?

And also I have.a question, what does it mean when I have lost time? Because I never check too see what day or what time it is. I dont do anyrhing except laay in bed and feel miserable. Have only had a few.windows. I know I was only on it for a month, but that was hell.

And wandering will they ever come up with a way too take the few people that are suffering long term or severe side effects, and make a cure? Like how come people like us dont get too just move on? Or well at least me? The last time I took my last dose of paxil was a week after I just stopped and I felt strange. Like too stimulated or something. Please I need too get my life back.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

It may not be too late to reinstate, the only way to know is to try it and see.

"Lost time" means you need to use your will power to do things that enrich your life, even taking a walk. Take photos of things you like on the walk, make a slideshow of them, and review them when you get home to remind yourself there were things you enjoyed.

This will make time more meaningful for you.

You need a supportive therapist. Or, look on MindFreedom or Hearing Voices or The Empowerment Center http://www.power2u.org/consumerrun-statewide.html to see if there's a peer support group near you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there thought i would update.

I havent got back on the paxil as of yet.

I am telted, but scared for i have soo,much hysteria. Also, i am only here too say i have

Actually took a turn for looking for a therapist. a good one, and as of the moment the one seeing wants to put me in a three month program, too live until i get transitioned.

Dont feel that is what i need.

Seeing as i developed an animosity toward these people that are trying too help. i cant move forward. I am aghast by this whole situation.

Im too young but maybe it will be poaitive when i get out of this rut? Been trying too take advice in looking for support. Got shut down by ******. Doesnt seem too me that they were all that helpful, because one month on the med really did start depressing me.

So now im dealing with sleep probs, personality loss, willpower, depression, anxiett, dp, anger, irritability. Crying, rib and stomache pains. Crippling head aches. Feels now that my eyes are popping out of my head. And no libido. Apathy, disconnection of myself is whats hurting it more and more.

Voice has changed. i feel as im alone, since i am with nobody in my life that gets this.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

Please do not delay going back on a small amount of Paxil, or you may be dealing with these withdrawal symptoms for a long time. Reinstating may help, then you can finish tapering.

What if i always feel this way?

I am tired of not being myself. That's a huge part of the reason I quit the meds, and i went from

being hyper and energy, full of ideas, and new options, using the methods people say too use are not helping this.

I just hate this. I don't see too many recovery stories,,, ugh I won't get too live my life without meds.

I don't have anymore patience with doctors, or people they never help. not you all but nobody sees this is real.

Why can't they make a cure? This is total bullcrap, because i was totally going too deal with my issues, and now i don't want too wake up too this any longer. God no emotions towards life, sucks.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

I just want this too end. And will it ever?

It's going too be a cycle. And I truly feel that i won't ever be myself again.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Hayley,

You need to go back on a small dose of Paxil like alto said.

I was feeling like you a few months back, didn't know which way to turn, untill I found this site.

I took the advice and went back on Paxil and am more than stable now!

I didn't want to reinstate at first but things were unbearable and I had kids to look after.

Alto knows what's best for you as she has so much knowledge about what these nasty drugs can do to you if you don't taper correctly.

I'm taking 9mg at the mo and planning to taper soon.

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Well i amm fully scared that this is developing into mania.

I have nothing of myself.

I am forever mad that i am not myaelf at all.

And worried i will never be happy old me. Is that possible?

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

Thanks for the vote of confidence, debbie.

I have to say I'm not a doctor, I can't tell the future, and I'm just giving my opinion as a fellow human.

Still, haley, if you can, please stop worrying about the future and take care of yourself right now. If you are suffering withdrawal symptoms, taking a little Paxil probably will help. The longer you wait, the less likely it will help.

Withdrawing from that little bit of Paxil will not be as difficult. That's the point, to "do over" a gradual taper minimizing withdrawal symptoms.

Even if you are suffering withdrawal symptoms, over time they will change. You will not feel the same way forever. BUT, it can take years for someone to heal from too-rapid withdrawal. It's worth it to try a little Paxil to see if it can save you from suffering a long time.

If you wish to live without psychiatric drugs, you must learn to take care of yourself. There is no other way to do it.

Hi, do you think if i got a lawyer for my situation i could get anything out of it? I mean i jusst want revenge.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Not sure Haley

No lawyer in the UK will take them on, don't know what the circs are where you live.

I should get better first just so you have a clear head if you want to go down that route !

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

Haley,

Everything you are feeling and describing is familiar to me, especially the confusion about life. Ive heard others describe it as emptiness, lack of interest in anything... a completely ungrounded feeling. It waxes and wanes with me. At times, I can envision a future and at other times it's much more difficult, but I trust that it will improve. I never felt this way prior to drugs or on them, so I know it is a symptom of withdrawal.

You have the opportunity to reinstate a small dose. Please avail yourself of Alto's experience and knowledge.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

But thats very bias, for the world tooo do this too a person

I have almost felt at,times.

that this will keep happening. Then other times maybee itll make me stronger afterwards.

I just want an authority figure too help. In the terms of, being detached not compassionate or understanding. But I thought that the uk, was against this.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

haley, it's unlikely you will be able to find a lawyer to sue anybody. The pharmaceutical companies are no longer responsible for withdrawal symptoms. You cold-turkeyed off Paxil without getting advice from a doctor.

I understand your desire for revenge but YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF NOW. Put revenge aside.

I've told you 9 times you have classic Paxil withdrawal symptoms from going off Paxil too fast, and you can probably relieve these symptoms by going back on a small amount of Paxil. Then you can taper off more easily.

Others have said the same thing.

There's really not much else I can tell you. If you choose not to take a little bit of Paxil, you'll have to cope with withdrawal symptoms. Nobody knows how long they will last.

Perhaps you've missed my posts. Here are the links:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__26727

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__26765

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__26797

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__26873

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__27063

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__27279

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__27385

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__28057

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2629-haley-not-too-sure-what-to-believe/page__view__findpost__p__28087

Haley,

You're absolutely right.... what we're going through is WRONG but you can help yourself by following Alto's advice. I found this site too late to reinstate. Please take care of YOU.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

If I take ten milligrams, would that be okay? I might reinstate at that.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

Hi, Haley,

The general rule on reinstating when you've been off for a while is to start with a very, very low dose, then observe over a little while how your body responds to it.

That will guide you to doing the same at a slightly higher dose, etc. til you find the right dose.

The reason is that your body may be more sensitive and respond differently after being off the med for a while.

You very likely will need a lower dose than you took before, but you should re-introduce it gradually, and may find that your withdrawal symptoms are controlled by that, where a higher dose - even 10 mgs. - might be too much of a shock to your body all at once.

In withdrawal it's always best to go slow whenever possible. Your body is very sensitive right now and will be for a while. There simply is no way to know right away what dose will be right for you.

I think Alto suggested trying 2 mg. Can you try that for a little while and let us know how that goes over coming days?

HEAD is not allowing me too comprehened others points of view.

And I think I am slowly, having a few windows.

But i feel like i have completely shut down.

Ringging in ears at the begginging isn't seeming too bad though.

C'T paxil after 30 days.

• Administrator

haley, I suggested you start at 2mg, see if that works. Please read those posts again.

People who have withdrawal syndrome sometimes become hypersensitive to medication. Don't stress your system by taking too much. 10mg Paxil might be too much.

Start low at 2mg and slowly increase if you need to.

You might go to the library and use a computer to read this topic carefully again. Print it out if you need to.

I see but im just young, I aint using excuses. I didnt know the lowesr dose was ten.. I am here at therapy. Askinv the pysciatrist some questions.

C'T paxil after 30 days.