Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhoea, bloating, GERD

alexjuice

Hey Nivak I was on the Lexapro at 30mg and my doctor had me almost CT. The gut issues were horrendous as you could imagine. So I can totally relate and I understand feeling full and gut issues.  I dont know much about tapering but id maybe stay on that dose if the symptoms are still really strong 

I dont know much about melatonin or 5htp but I did try it. Both were no help for me. Melatonin made me feel drunk even at a low dose

[/quote

TY MORT

25 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

November 2014 2.5 olanzapine cut 50% to 1.25 in dec 2014

January 22nd 2015 olanzapine cut 60% to .50 for 30 days

February 2015 .25 olanzapine for 30 days

Feb 2015 cut escitalopram/ Lexapro from 20 to 15 mg

March 2015 .1875 olanzapine 30 days

April 2015 .14 olanzapine to june 1st than off

march 2015 12.5 lex

April 2015 10 lex may 7.5 june 5mg

july 3.75 aug 2.5 sept 2mg

oct 2015 1.6

• Administrator

I'm dealing with some digestive issues myself now. Although I don't think my current condition is related to withdrawal (more likely, hypothyroid), I know many people have severe gut issues after coming off antidepressants.

My theory now:

1) Serotonergics, such as antidepressants, downregulate serotonin receptors throughout the body, including in the gut. 95% of the body's serotonin is found in the gut. Serotonin in the gut governs motility -- the essential coordinated muscle activity that moves food through the digestion process, allowing nutrients to be absorbed and toxins to be excreted.

2) When you come off a serotonergic, the downregulation of serotonin receptors in your gut causes dysregulation of this important digestive hormone. It's not a lack of serotonin; rather, the nerves are not communicating with each other normally and the rhythm of digestion is thrown off. Quite often, this results in bloating, dyspepsia, and loose bowels. (Among other drugs causing dysmotility are stomach acid blockers and opioid pain drugs.)

3) When food is not moved at the proper pace through the gut, it can cause problems, such as fermenting, which produces gas. This can be in the stomach, small bowel, or large bowel. (Sedentariness can affect gut motility. Get regular exercise.)

4) Another function of motility, the periodic migrating motor complex (MMC), is to sweep bacteria from the small bowel into the large bowel. The small bowel should not have much bacteria in it. An unusual amount of bacteria here is called Small Intestine Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO).

SIBO is thought by some researchers to be responsible for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and possibly fibromyalgia . The MMC, which is controlled by the vagus nerve, is very important to maintaining the health of the digestive system and entire body. It may play a role in fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and other autoimmune disorders, which tend to have a high correlation with IBS.

Certain foods called FODMAPs are thought to feed the SIBO. A low FODMAP diet or other low-carbohydrate diets often reduce symptoms.

5) All the above can prevent proper absorption of nutrients, such as B vitamins and minerals, causing many other symptoms. The gut irritation can also cause food sensitivities, such as histamine intolerance (which I've also developed).

I've had the lactulose breath test for SIBO and it seems I have a mild case, possibly due to slowed motility from Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. This can be treated with massive doses of antibiotics with about a 50% success rate. Naturopaths claim some success with an herbal approach.

Here are some things I'm doing before trying antibiotics:

1) Low-FODMAP diet to reduce symptoms, plus lots of fresh green non-FODMAP vegetables. (It was fairly easy for me to identify which foods cause me problems. Add in foods after a month or so.)

2) Betaine HCl with every meal for stomach acid.

3) Fresh ginger and exercise for motility. (I drink tea made with thin slices of ginger and carefully nibble the ginger.)

4) Herbs to control SIBO: rotate black cumin seed oil, oregano oil, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, berberine, each for a week, twice a day. Add fresh herbs to food, as tolerated. (These herbal oils are very powerful. Do not overdo them, you'll make yourself sick.)

Some people experience "die-off" as microbes succumb to the antibiotic herbs. This feels like a slight flu, with all-over body aching and a feverish feeling. This is a good sign. If it gets too intense, back off from the microbicides.

5) Raw coconut oil and monolaurin to weaken microbes and yeasts.

6) For occasional burping or reflux, take deglycyrrhizinated licorice, or DGL, tablets, or tea made from fresh ginger root.

7) (OPTIONAL) Enteric-coated enzymes or lactoferrin to (theoretically) break down bacteria biofilm, which is where the SIBO hides.

8) Organic ground psyllium to regulate bowel movements. (Do not use if you are constipated.) The lower bowel and upper bowel "talk" to each other. Good motility in the lower bowel is communicated to the upper bowel.

9) Raise feet when going to the toilet for a bowel movement. This is a modified squatting position that enables full evacuation without straining. All you need to do is put your feet up on a box that is 7"-9" high. This has worked well for me.

Edited by Altostrata
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

The Fat Loss Summit is in it's encore day today (repeat of the favorite speakers). The gut/inflammation talks I listened to were quite helpful, although two that I got the most out of aren't up as encores. Anyway, today only, you can listen for free. Www.fatlosssummit.com.

The most helpful thing to me was the speaker (not available today) who talked about the pervasiveness of gluten intolerance. Gluten refers to a family of proteins found in all grains/grass seeds. Many people may be most sensitive to gliadin in wheat, but are actually sensitive to all grains, they just don't realize it. His forthcoming book is No Grain No Pain. He started out as a rheumatologist. I have had a lot of nighttime stiffness and pain...stopped the rice and at least 75% gone in 48 hours.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

This topic is of particular interest to me as gut issues are my worst problem. I have seen my GP several times and although he is very understanding and says that he trusts and believes what I say about gut issues and withdrawal I am not so sure that I have quite got him on our side yet. 

Another thing to consider is food combining. Different types of foods are digested at different rates for example it takes longer for protein to be digested than certain carbs, fruits and veg. Combining  long and short digesting foods at the same time can aggravate the gut causing fermenting and boating. As a vegetarian my diet obviously consists of a high intake of fruit and veg and I have had to look at what I am eating more closely recently as my ferritin level is low again. I am really trying to eat healthily (eating a rainbow) but it seems to be playing havoc on my poor tummy.Right now my gut seems to function better on a rubbish food diet !

1995-1998 various SSRIs then withdrawal

2000 Sertraline

2003 Sertraline then changed to Prozac to attempt withdrawal.

2004 failed at withdrawal so Citalopram.

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

2012 3 days of Mirtazepine with bad reaction so started escitalopram 20mgs

2013 started very very slow taper with a number of slight reinstatements

Currently on between 0.5 and 1mg escitalopram drops at day.

• Administrator

An elimination diet is very helpful to identify if specific foods are causing the problem, see http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3413-digestive-problems-nausea-diarrhea-bloating-gerd/?p=195843

Edited by Altostrata
updated

Not really sure what to do.....at 1.6 Lexapro liquid for 2 months now and still having pretty bad bloating  gas & sometimes nausea it was so bad nov 1st I was at the emergency room @ 1am then the 3rd through to 10th it was tolerable then bad again on the 11th and 12th the 13th through 17th tolerable again. Now for the last 11 days I get a so so day then maybe a good day if you can call it that...lol  not really sure if I should up the dose some to see if that make things better or just continue and stay the course.....my diet is pretty clean I don't eat junk...I can not figure this out....trying ginger tea & raw ginger to chew

I will wait to hear before I decide what to do.....sometimes I wake so full I cant eat and I loose weight when I have a bad day like that.....Nivek

march 2015 12.5 lex

oct 2015 1.6

Hello all. 

I've been on SSRIs for several years, most recently sertraline 50mg. I've been considering coming off soon, but in order to prepare myself am doing a one month dietary experiment to help my body be as healthy as it can be. 

Starting today I am cutting out coffee, alcohol, refined sugar, most gluten (except oatmeal), and limiting my dairy intake. Luckily it's a good season for soup, and I already make my own bone broths. 

I'm a little nervous because I've suffered from binge eating for several years, in my opinion because my body hasn't been getting the right nutrients. I'm trying to nip this eating disorder for good, and optimize my mental health before tapering.

GERD affects so much of my life. I have trouble with intimacy because I'm always preoccupied with stomach problems, I feel fatigued all the time, and of course my mood gets out of whack. If anyone has any advice or has had any success with an improved diet/SSRI taper to stop digestive issues, let me know.

I'll check back in and let you guys know how it's going as time progresses ^^

Thanks!

Beginning of slow taper: November 2017: 45mg liquid sertraline 

December 2017: 40 mg liquid sertraline

January 2018: 35 mg liquid sertraline

February 2018: 30mg liquid sertraline

March 20, 2018: 25 mg liquid sertraline

May 2nd, 2018: 20 mg liquid sertraline

June 1st, 2018: 18 mg liquid sertraline

July 2018: reinstatement to 20 mg liquid sertraline

September 21st, 2018: took 50mg sertraline for one day; reinstated back to 22mg liquid sertraline after

September 29th-30th: Ran out of liquid, taking 25 mg tablets to hold for two days until liquid scrip is ready

• Administrator

I tried to explain above that the serotonergics may interfere with the normal function of serotonin in digestion and give several ways to reduce gut symptoms.

Among other things, serotonin stimulates the production of stomach acid and activity in the gut that moves food through the digestive process. If this is sluggish, food ferments, producing gases that bubble the acid up into your throat.

Stomach acid blockers, which should be taken by a very small number of people with certain serious digestive disorders, are a terrible solution to this symptom, due to low stomach acid rather than excess stomach acid. Stomach acid blockers reduce the production of stomach acid and make the whole problem worse, blocking absorption of nutrients such as vitamin B12 and creating opportunity for inappropriate small bowel bacterial overgrowth, which produces even more gas and discomfort.

Increasing stomach acid by taking betaine HCl with meals and DGL for reflux are key to managing symptoms. (Since I started using betaine HCl and eliminated FODMAPs, I've rarely used the DGL.)

See Chris Kresser Get rid of heartburn and GERD forever in three simple steps

Nutritional pharmacist Ben Fuchs  Benefits of  Betaine HCL

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946491/
Mol Pharm. 2013 Nov 4;10(11):4032-7. doi: 10.1021/mp4003738. Epub 2013 Sep 10.

Gastric reacidification with betaine HCl in healthy volunteers with rabeprazole-induced hypochlorhydria.
Yago MR1, Frymoyer AR, Smelick GS, Frassetto LA, Budha NR, Dresser MJ, Ware JA, Benet LZ.

Abstract

Previous studies have demonstrated that increased gastric pH from the use of acid-reducing agents, such as proton-pump inhibitors or H2-receptor antagonists, can significantly impact the absorption of weakly basic drugs that exhibit pH-dependent solubility. Clinically practical strategies to mitigate this interaction have not been developed. This pilot study evaluated the extent and time course of gastric reacidification after a solid oral dosage form of anhydrous betaine HCl in healthy volunteers with pharmacologically induced hypochlorhydria. Six healthy volunteers with baseline normochlorhydria (fasting gastric pH < 4) were enrolled in this single period study. Hypochlorhydria was induced via 20 mg oral rabeprazole twice daily for four days. On the fifth day, an additional 20 mg dose of oral rabeprazole was given and gastric pH was monitored continuously using the Heidelberg pH capsule. After gastric pH > 4 was confirmed for 15 min, 1500 mg of betaine HCl was given orally with 90 mL of water and gastric pH was continuously monitored for 2 h. Betaine HCl significantly lowered gastric pH by 4.5 (± 0.5) units from 5.2 (± 0.5) to 0.6 (± 0.2) (P < 0.001) during the 30 min interval after administration. The onset of effect of betaine HCl was rapid, with a mean time to pH < 3 of 6.3 (± 4.3) min. The reacidification period was temporary with a gastric pH < 3 and < 4 lasting 73 (± 33) and 77 (± 30) min, respectively. Betaine HCl was well tolerated by all subjects. In healthy volunteers with pharmacologically induced hypochlorhydria, betaine HCl was effective at temporarily lowering gastric pH. The rapid onset and relatively short duration of gastric pH reduction gives betaine HCl the potential to aid the absorption of orally administered weakly basic drugs that exhibit pH-dependent solubility when administered under hypochlorhydric conditions.

WebMD on betaine HCl http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-312-betaine%20hydrochloride.aspx?activeingredientid=312&activeingredientname=betaine%20hydrochloride

See cautions about taking betaine Hcl here http://scdlifestyle.com/2013/10/4-common-betaine-hcl-mistakes/

If you have either diarrhea or constipation after taking or going off psychiatric drugs, you have a form of iatrogenic Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This may involve dysbiosis (inappropriate bacteria in the gut, see SIBO above). Read up on gentle ways to correct this; your body may need a little help recovering its normal function after chemical disruption.

I can't seem to get my gut to settle. What do people do for gut nerve pain and spasms? I almost went to the ER today ...I'm having such issues of constant gut pain or gallbladder liver pain..I'm doing mono meals and the scd beyond intro diet.

Started Zoloft 150 mg 1997 for symptoms of PTSD. 1998 on Ativan for about 2 months. Came off zoloft around 2004. Had terrible feelings of anxiety, loneliness, depression, eating disorder. Hospitalized and placed on Lexapro. Struggled with feelings of dread and SI. Came off lexapro in 2008 to try to have a baby. 2009 miscarried twins. Very depressed and SI. Hospitalized and placed on Cymbalta, remeron and "top" something for about a month. Came off all those without tapers and restarted zoloft 75mg. Then weaned off quick taper. 2010 restarted Lexapro for pms. Within 3 days dread and urges of anxiety, SI returned. Immediately went off of it and restarted zoloft 50 mg. 2013 tapered off Zoloft quickly within 2 months. Used Amino acids to help. I did not know I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms: insomnia, irritability, exhaustion,tinnitus,very sensitive to sounds, very sensitive to scents and chemicals. Severe GI symptoms July 2014. Pain and bloating with all veggies, lost weight, job, marriage. Emotional liability, extreme fear,not feeling safe, trauma resurfacing. Main issue now is severe GI issues, unable to advance foods, extreme small intestine sensitivities, pain, food intolerances, histamine issues, bile reflux, gastritis, gallbladder and liver pain,tinnitus,unable to tolerate supplements at this time. Low energy due to malnourished. Thought I had SIBO. Oh..and I just entered menopause at 47..no period for 1 year.

Not really sure what to do.....at 1.6 Lexapro liquid for 2 months now and still having pretty bad bloating  gas & sometimes nausea it was so bad nov 1st I was at the emergency room @ 1am then the 3rd through to 10th it was tolerable then bad again on the 11th and 12th the 13th through 17th tolerable again. Now for the last 11 days I get a so so day then maybe a good day if you can call it that...lol  not really sure if I should up the dose some to see if that make things better or just continue and stay the course.....my diet is pretty clean I don't eat junk...I can not figure this out....trying ginger tea & raw ginger to chew

I will wait to hear before I decide what to do.....sometimes I wake so full I cant eat and I loose weight when I have a bad day like that.....Nivek

I'm confused by your history. You seem to have gone up and down on Lex a few times, correct? 

Current meds: Escitalopram

Was put on 20mg Lexapro for 4 years; was at 18mg for ~1 week.

4/19/15: 15mg; WD symptoms include: loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea and indigestion after eating, diarrhea, and anxiety. Most of these happen at night.

6/5/15: 13mg; WD symptoms include: tiredness/lightheadedness, indigestion, numbness (emotionally)

7/6/15: 11mg --> 7/10/14: 11.7mg (wanted to taper by 10%)

8/10/15: 10mg; WD symptoms include: anxiety, nausea, GI upset, headaches

9/1/15: bumped back to 10.5mg (back to tapering by 10%); 10/5/15: back to 10mg

11/8: down to 9mg: feeling depressed so far ---> 11/16: bumped back to 10mg :(

1/23: back to 9mg; headaches, "motion sickness" feeling, anxiety

3/24: 8.5mg; 5/24: 8mg; nausea and dizziness bumped back to 8.5mg 3/26 :(

blog: https://offwithyourmeds.wordpress.com

• Administrator

nivek, please take discussion of your tapering to your Introductions topic. It is off-topic here. Thank you.

I'm confused by your history. You seem to have gone up and down on Lex a few times, correct? 

I was coming off 2 different drugs at the same time alternating dose reductions but have only reduced Lexapro have never gone up and down on the dose, sorry about the confusion.

march 2015 12.5 lex

oct 2015 1.6

nivek, please take discussion of your tapering to your Introductions topic. It is off-topic here. Thank you.

sorry....will do!!

march 2015 12.5 lex

oct 2015 1.6

Hey guys. I'm on day five of no alcohol, gluten, coffee, or refined sugar. Am taking omega 3 supplements, a women's multivitamin, probiotic, and my usual 50mg sertraline. I wanted to instate these dietary changes before beginning my new year taper, but I'm actually feeling a bit worse than before. have been eating mostly apples, oatmeal, and brown rice and lentils cooked in bone broth. I can't handle more than about 1/2 cup of anything at a time; definitely can't finish a whole apple. Currently I am bloated and having slight pain/nausea, and it's been 2 hours since I ate. It's been this way for a while, but particularly since I started this regimen. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Beginning of slow taper: November 2017: 45mg liquid sertraline 

December 2017: 40 mg liquid sertraline

January 2018: 35 mg liquid sertraline

February 2018: 30mg liquid sertraline

March 20, 2018: 25 mg liquid sertraline

May 2nd, 2018: 20 mg liquid sertraline

June 1st, 2018: 18 mg liquid sertraline

July 2018: reinstatement to 20 mg liquid sertraline

September 21st, 2018: took 50mg sertraline for one day; reinstated back to 22mg liquid sertraline after

September 29th-30th: Ran out of liquid, taking 25 mg tablets to hold for two days until liquid scrip is ready

• Administrator

You might be reacting to FODMAP foods -- see http://authoritynutrition.com/fodmaps-101/

You may also wish to take digestive enzymes and betaine HCl to help you digest your food.

• Administrator

Folks, an elimination diet is a specific type of diet. See http://www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_elimination_diet_patient.pdf (PDF attached). The diet itself is outlined on the third page. It is a simple diet that excludes the most commonly irritating foods.

In addition, bloating, burping, and gas are often caused by foods called FODMAPS. These are foods or prebiotics (inulin, FOS) that tend to ferment in the small intestine because 1) your digestion is slow; or 2) you have the wrong kind of bacteria in your gut; or 3) both.

Excluding FODMAPs from your diet may relieve bloating, etc. Here is an example of a low FODMAP diet https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf (PDF attached). (There is a little variation in the various low and high FODMAP lists.)

You may wish to combine the elimination diet and low FODMAP diet to begin with. This will leave you with a small group of foods to eat, which keeps things very simple. If you get relief from your symptoms, you know that one or more food groups is causing your problems.

(If you have developed histamine food intolerance, you will want to exclude high-histamine foods as well; for an example of a list of high-histamine foods, see http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/histamine-intolerance/.)

If you have longstanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or so-called GERD and find that excluding FODMAPs from your diet reduces your symptoms, you may wish to go on a Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) protocol. SIBO is a condition where you have an excessive amount of normal bacteria in your small intestine. (Your large intestine is where bacteria should be living.)

Allopathic doctors will do tests and treat with very strong and expensive antibiotics. Integrative practitioners will recommend herbal remedies before antibiotic treatment. See http://ndnr.com/gastrointestinal/small-intestine-bacterial-overgrowth-2/for background.

An integrative doctor just recommended the following to me: Low-FODMAP diet with 300mg oregano oil (capsules) and 400mg berberine (capsules) twice a day with meals, for 4 weeks. Additional 2 weeks on low-FODMAP diet. Gradually add FODMAPs, bifido and lacto probiotics (do not use probiotics that contain FOS or prebiotics).

See paper comparing herbal with antibiotic protocol for SIBO here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4030608/

Chedid V, Dhalla S, Clarke JO, et al.

Herbal Therapy Is Equivalent to Rifaximin for the Treatment of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.

Global Advances in Health and Medicine. 2014;3(3):16-24. doi:10.7453/gahmj.2014.019.

For almost any kind of digestive problem, you may also want to add fresh ginger tea to increase motility (digestive activity). I like to steep very thin slice of ginger in hot water, drink the tea and then nibble on the ginger. (it will be spicy on your tongue.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18403946

Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 May;20(5):436-40. doi: 10.1097/MEG.0b013e3282f4b224.

Effects of ginger on gastric emptying and motility in healthy humans.

Wu KL1, Rayner CK, Chuah SK, Changchien CS, Lu SN, Chiu YC, Chiu KW, Lee CM.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Ginger has been reported to improve upper gastrointestinal symptoms. Little information about the effects of ginger on gastric motor function, exists, however. Our aim was to investigate the effects of ginger on gastric emptying, antral motility, proximal gastric dimensions, and postprandial symptoms.

METHODS:

Twenty-four healthy volunteers were studied twice in a randomized double-blind manner. After an 8 h fast, the volunteers ingested three ginger capsules (total 1200 mg) or placebo, followed after 1 h by 500 ml low-nutrient soup. Antral area, fundus area and diameter, and the frequency of antral contractions were measured using ultrasound at frequent intervals over 90 min, and the gastric half-emptying time was calculated from the change in antral area. Gastrointestinal sensations and appetite were scored using visual analog questionnaires. Data are expressed in terms of mean+/-standard error.

RESULTS:

Antral area decreased more rapidly (P<0.001) and the gastric half-emptying time was less after ginger than placebo ingestion (13.1+/-1.1 vs. 26.7+/-3.1 min, P<0.01), whereas the frequency of antral contractions was greater (P<0.005). Fundus dimensions did not differ, and there was no significant difference in any gastrointestinal symptoms.

CONCLUSION:

Ginger accelerates gastric emptying and stimulates antral contractions in healthy volunteers. These effects could potentially be beneficial in symptomatic patient groups.

PDFs

uwisconsin handout_elimination_diet_patient.pdf

stanford lowfodmapdiet.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be gross but I can't figure this out and have asked my doctors about it and they have no idea of course but on days when I have several bowel movements I have worse anxiety.  Does the diarrhea cause a faster flush of toxins or speed up the metabolic process?

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

You might check out the gut healing threads.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

I find high anxiety and diarrhea go hand in hand for me. Yes, I think they are tied together. Which comes first? Have no idea honestly. Am working on healing my gut, my whole body ~ agree with above to check out the gut healing threads. Best to you

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Moderator Emeritus

Interesting question.  I'd always assumed my anxiety gave me the runs :blink:

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Moderator Emeritus

I sometimes get hives if I get diarrhea.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

When I get really anxious the diarrhea turns up. Not a major issue until it makes me super tired, my bowels are always mishaving anyway....

Prescribed Lexapro in 2003 and switched to Cipramil (5-10mg per day) 2004 with Lamictal.

Stopped Lamictal cold turkey with no withdrawals in 2014 with support of a Paleo diet. 

2003-2015 Cipramil only: 5mg 21 Dec 15: 2.5mg 28 Dec 15: 2.25mg 4 Jan 16: 1.575mg 10 Jan 16: 1.1025 11 Jan 16: 0.7875 25 Jan 16: 0.9, 1 Feb: 0.8, 8 Feb 0.75, 15 Feb 0.5, 29 Feb 0.25, 21 March 0.17, 4 April: 0.10, 25 April 0.05, 8 May 2016 0.05, 15 May 2016 NIL 21 June 2016 0.1, 5 Sep 16: 0.2 7 Sep 16: 0.15 16 Sep 16: 0.075 3 Oct 16: 0.015 17 October: 0.015, 14 Nov 2016: Reinstate 0.005, 26 Dec 16 0.0045, 2 Jan 17 0.004, 20 Feb 17 0.003, 3 Apr 17 0.002, 22 May 17 NIL. 

Supplements/Lifestyle: Low oxalate diet. Christian music all the time! B12 drops, Broccoli sprouts, Integra Nutritionals Gemmune IB, Zinc drops, Tresos Natal, Spatone Healing rooms: https://www.facebook.com/FODaustralia/videos and http://sydneyheal.com/service/time-and-location/

Faithgrl ~ me too. After doing much reading & research, I feel that healing our gut is a foundational step in dealing with the WD symptoms! This is just my own opinion. As with everything, it's a process....and feels way too slow for me at times. But, I know that our bodies are created to heal ~ so I am doing what I can to help the process along. Probiotics have been helpful & if my stomach is really upset, Greek yogurt helps.

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Moderator Emeritus

Bromor is right on the button.  Our brains, heart and guts are all connected.  Healing in any one area helps with healing in the others.  As they are all connected by the vagus nerve, it is also important to heal that.  There's a good discussion about that here.

And info on gut healing:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1229-probiotics-and-gut-health/

There is also GiaK's site which has a wealth of info on gut healing.  (She has been a member of s/a for years, and has an amazing healing story).  

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

My stomach was the first thing to recover. I went from chronic constipation to chronic diarrhea got off the drugs and now have an appetite and normal bowel movements :)

May 2012 Olanzapine and other anti depressants. Don't know what they were.  Sertraline, Flupentixol, Sodium Valporate, Depixol, Lithium, Piportal, Mirtazapine, Lamotrogine, Venlafaxine, Respirodol ECT x 7. Don't know the dates of any of these medications because I can't remember and I have no idea of the doses either. Am no longer on any meds. Take Cod liver oil, Omega 3, B1, Sepia. Still in rehab under section 3 in the UK.   I have access to my phone and the house phone and email.

Symptoms 110bpm, memory loss, severe anhedonia, no motivation, poor sleep, loss of hobbies and interests including music.  Things that have come back are appetite and feeling the cold and my muscles.

Nothings gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them - Years and Years 2015

I'm still on the drugs (although at the lowest dose I've ever been!!) ~ so I don't know if I'll be able to truly heal my gut while I'm still in them but I'm sure trying!!

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Following this thread as have developed stomach problems after one year off meds.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

What type of stomach problems are you having?

I'm on 1800 mg of gabapentin 3x600, .325 Klonopin(.25 in am, .125 afternoon), in the evening I take cymbalta 30mg down from 60mg, remeron 30mg and lamictal 100 mg. Nausea and anxiety are my worst symptoms. C

• 1 month later...

•  
  • Locationnorth port fl.

Sent 31 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

hi feeling very sick at times trouble with 1st and foremost severe stomach pain gas and BLOATING so so aweful and can not sleep 3/5 hrs of very interrupted sleep wake every hour or 2....these 2 things are probably the worst but I also every day experience terrible memory and confusion and also fatigue....and can never sit still.....my doctor here in florida does not understand any of this he is a psychiatrist and has never experienced this with a patient before. he seems to be flying by the seat of his pants, after several months on 1.6ml oral Lexapro/escitalopram he suggested going back to 3 or 5 mg and from what I read on your site that could be a mistake and is likely to make the situation worse not better. I've been on 1.6ml 4 months now. I've not found any doctors in Florida that can help me. I've been to your site and looked at the list you provided for doctors and know one even close to Florida....I live about half hr from Sarasota & 1.5 hrs from Tampa....not sure what to do my body is so stressed that I went to see a nutritionist because I'm loosing weight not sure what to do lost about 8/9 lbs since december.....also have seen gastroenterologist for stomach issues before I knew what it was...no answers there and pcp has know answers either.....so so worried I wont get through this not really sure what to do. feel I need a doc that can guide me through this aweful process TY Nivek

march 2015 12.5 lex

oct 2015 1.6

march 2015 12.5 lex

oct 2015 1.6

• 4 weeks later...

My stomach was the first thing to recover. I went from chronic constipation to chronic diarrhea got off the drugs and now have an appetite and normal bowel movements :)

HOW ENCOURAGING!  I often wonder if this will ever improve (like everything else!)

My stomach issues began with a stint of 9 months of nausea the first year, then 7 months straight the next year.

The following year I had indigestion, cramps, pain, aching and was told I had gallstones

the following year I had gall surgery which was horrendous and I often wonder if it was a waste of time

It has taken 7 months to get over the surgery and I still have aches, pain, gas, constipation, etc.

A catscan has returned normal results much to my surprise as in the area of the appendix it is always painful, sometimes better than other times.

Yesterday a severe attack of pain and the only thing I can put it down to is the tiny bit of fat on the small chop I ate.  I normally have one bowel movement a day (on Movicol) but I went twice.  Went to bed at 8pm and couldn't sleep until I got up at 11pm and had another movement.  I am now wondering if fat causes this severe paini/cramp. 

I am on a fat free diet and IBS diet already but trying to introduce fats back in gradually (dietician's advice due to weight loss).  Along with trying to solve what foods cause anxiety and recent rapid pulse, it is very trying as I have to keep a food diary and nothing seems to prove anything. 

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• 2 weeks later...

HOW ENCOURAGING!  I often wonder if this will ever improve (like everything else!)

My stomach issues began with a stint of 9 months of nausea the first year, then 7 months straight the next year.

The following year I had indigestion, cramps, pain, aching and was told I had gallstones

the following year I had gall surgery which was horrendous and I often wonder if it was a waste of time

It has taken 7 months to get over the surgery and I still have aches, pain, gas, constipation, etc.

A catscan has returned normal results much to my surprise as in the area of the appendix it is always painful, sometimes better than other times.

Yesterday a severe attack of pain and the only thing I can put it down to is the tiny bit of fat on the small chop I ate.  I normally have one bowel movement a day (on Movicol) but I went twice.  Went to bed at 8pm and couldn't sleep until I got up at 11pm and had another movement.  I am now wondering if fat causes this severe paini/cramp. 

I am on a fat free diet and IBS diet already but trying to introduce fats back in gradually (dietician's advice due to weight loss).  Along with trying to solve what foods cause anxiety and recent rapid pulse, it is very trying as I have to keep a food diary and nothing seems to prove anything. 

I'm sorry to hear that!! Were the gallstones caused by coming off the drug or unrelated?

Current meds: Escitalopram

Was put on 20mg Lexapro for 4 years; was at 18mg for ~1 week.

4/19/15: 15mg; WD symptoms include: loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea and indigestion after eating, diarrhea, and anxiety. Most of these happen at night.

6/5/15: 13mg; WD symptoms include: tiredness/lightheadedness, indigestion, numbness (emotionally)

7/6/15: 11mg --> 7/10/14: 11.7mg (wanted to taper by 10%)

8/10/15: 10mg; WD symptoms include: anxiety, nausea, GI upset, headaches

9/1/15: bumped back to 10.5mg (back to tapering by 10%); 10/5/15: back to 10mg

11/8: down to 9mg: feeling depressed so far ---> 11/16: bumped back to 10mg :(

1/23: back to 9mg; headaches, "motion sickness" feeling, anxiety

3/24: 8.5mg; 5/24: 8mg; nausea and dizziness bumped back to 8.5mg 3/26 :(

blog: https://offwithyourmeds.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Edit:  Posts specific to JungleChicken's abdominal pain moved to her Introductions thread.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

just a word of caution...probiotics, I agree can be very helpful but someone who has not taken lots of them before SHOULD NOT take a mega dose...one needs to slowly build up as they can make people sick otherwise...especially when the gut is unhealthy...they will cause bad bacteria die-off and the result can be feeling very ill... start VERY slowly when adding probiotics for the first time.

This is interesting - another thing we have to start off slowly with, obviously!  I started with the usual dose, because I didn't know this, but I can't say if I was any worse.  I wasn't any better and they are so expensive so I thought I would try yoghurt. 

I still don't know if my problems are IBS or related to gall, despite having it out, but I still have trouble with fat, but i actually found a fat free yoghurt, so I hope this will help me.

I am also still struggling with constipation and have found things to help with that are banned on the IBS diet and whenever I increase fibre/bran I get severe belly aches and pain and wind.  It is all such a battle!

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi GrandmaD (maaate , lol :) ).

The type of fat makes a difference.  For help with digestion , constipation and growing a new brain , try taking coconut oil daily.  A spoonful in coffee or on it's own , has all sorts of health benefits.

See http://draxe.com/the-top-5-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/

"Coconut Oil is a medium chain fatty acid. In fact, coconut oil has been reported as nature’s richest source for medium chain fatty acids. What makes medium chain fatty acids different from long chain fatty acids? MCFAs are smaller, so they can permeate our cell membranes more easily, which means they don’t require special enzymes in order for our bodies to utilize them. They’re easily digested, naturally putting less strain on our digestive systems. MCFAs are sent directly to our liver, which means they’re immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat. Lastly, MCFAs help stimulate our metabolisms, making it an excellent tool for weight loss!"

Sometimes intolerance of extra fibre can indicate thyroid problems - it's  worth having it checked to rule it out.

For an inexpensive probiotic try Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother Root.  See http://draxe.com/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/

Apple cider vinegar’s acetic acid also supports digestive function — including fighting acid reflux — with its enzymes and probiotics. If you suffer from the symptoms of acid reflux, GERD or any sort of digestive issue, consuming just one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in about eight ounces of water before you eat is greatly beneficial.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy