Vitamin C (ascorbic acid or ascorbate)

Altostrata

• Administrator

Vitamin C aka L-ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid, or ascorbate

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_c

Edited by Altostrata
updated

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 year later...

I've been experimenting with high dose C after I responded well to an IV vitamin treatment. I am definitely not recommending anyone else experiment with it. There are some potential risks. I also use sodium ascorbate and not ascorbic acid.

Has anyone supplemented with vitamin C? How was the result?

I have gotten relief from allergies, improved immune function, mood enhancement, cog fog improvement ... I'm a little nervous to overdo it though.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• Administrator

When I was in severe earlier withdrawal, I found that eating tangerines seemed to be calming. It was definitely beneficial for my neuro-anxiety.

Later, I added extended-release vitamin C to my regimen. I've been taking 500mg in the a.m. and 500mg in the p.m. for a long time.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I've found it beneficial for anxiety as well. That's interesting.

"Well my ship's been split to splinters and it's sinking fast
I'm drowning in the poison, got no future, got no past
But my heart is not weary, it's light and it's free
I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me.

Everybody's moving, if they ain't already there
Everybody's got to move somewhere
Stick with me baby, stick with me anyhow
Things should start to get interesting right about now."

- Zimmerman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Since I haven't been able to eat any raw fruits and veggies because I'm unable to digest them, I'm lacking Vitamin C in my diet. So yesterday I bought it in powdered form which dissolves in water. Right now I'm taking 1/4 tsp = 1000mg. I'm afraid of taking supplements because my entire system over reacts to many things including fish oil, vitamin b & d. Since withdrawal my hair has become very dry and brittle which I think is related to my gut not functioning properly.

Does anyone else take Vitamin C supplement?

1993-2003 Prozac 20mg
2003-2010 Zoloft 10mg
2010-2012 Zoloft 10mg to 1mg (taper)

July 2012 - Drug free!

vitamin C as a supplement is generally a pretty safe vitamin to take and most people tolerate it okay even during withdrawal...

just proceed carefully and see how you do with it...

and if you're concerned, take less...you can really start with a lot less and add it slowly to make sure you're tolerating it. (actually as a general rule when adding ANY supplement it's good to start really small and add on)

the other thing you might do is spread it out throughout the day...make the water drink and sip on it all day long...then you only get tiny bits at a time...at whatever dose you choose.

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Moderator Emeritus

If that disagrees with you, you might try Ester C which is specifically made to avoid stomach upsets.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll start with less amount and see how it goes. So far 1000mg seems ok on my stomach, but I felt a bit more anxious today than usual.

1993-2003 Prozac 20mg
2003-2010 Zoloft 10mg
2010-2012 Zoloft 10mg to 1mg (taper)

July 2012 - Drug free!

• Administrator

I preferred extended-release vitamin C myself. When you take large amounts at once, it doesn't get absorbed and a lot of it just goes out in your urine.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've found it beneficial for anxiety as well. That's interesting.

Given the histamine connection, you might find it interesting that large doses of vitamin C have an antihistamine effect.

I take megadose vit C--about 4-6 grams daily, more when I'm fighting an infection. I haven't had any problems with it.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

yes, my quercetin that I take for histamine also has a large dose of vit C in it for that reason...

in combo it's highly effective and totally chills out some of the worst of my autonomic symptoms! pretty amazing...a bioflavanoid and C...natural chill pill

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to take Vit C but as someone who has become hypersensitive ... I would like to know what kind/brand has worked well for those who take it. Especially those who have sensitivity issues.

TIA

Started Fluoxetine Jan. 2010

Tried to go off of it in Sept. 2010

Weaned too fast and was back on it by Nov. 2010

Didn't work as good the second time around.

Started to wean again in Nov. 2011 and was off for good by April? 2012

• 2 years later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

The following 8 posts have been copied over from Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes

because they relate to the use of Vitamin C

On 4/7/2015 at 11:44 AM, antidepressantsNoMore said:

On 3/14/2015 at 8:49 PM, Petunia said:

I've also read that vitamin C can lower cortisol, but I don't know if its true.  If you wanted to try if for morning cortisol, you would need to take it in the morning I think.  I take 1000mg at night and for a while I was taking 1000mg in the morning also, but it didn't seem to make much difference, so I stopped.  Perhaps you have to take a higher dose for it to have an effect, I don't know. 

If you decide to try it, do let us know if it helps.

Yeah 1,000 mg is nothing. I take 3,000 mg vitamin C in the mornings and it has lowered cortisol significantly. My anxiety/peace of mind is better throughout the morning and most of the day.

On 4/7/2015 at 3:22 PM, Meimeiquest said:

Vitamin C at the very least supports the adrenals while they are working so hard. I take 1000mg twice daily.

On 4/9/2015 at 2:29 AM, Petunia said:

I take 3,000 mg vitamin C in the mornings and it has lowered cortisol significantly. My anxiety/peace of mind is better throughout the morning and most of the day.

How long does it take before it starts 'working'?  What time to you usually take it?

Is it like you wake up with all the symptoms of high cortisol, you take 3000mg vitamin c and then X amount of time later you notice a significant decrease in those particular symptoms?

On 4/9/2015 at 8:00 AM, antidepressantsNoMore said:

On 4/9/2015 at 2:29 AM, Petunia said:

I take 3,000 mg vitamin C in the mornings and it has lowered cortisol significantly. My anxiety/peace of mind is better throughout the morning and most of the day.

How long does it take before it starts 'working'?  What time to you usually take it?

Is it like you wake up with all the symptoms of high cortisol, you take 3000mg vitamin c and then X amount of time later you notice a significant decrease in those particular symptoms?

Yeah. I'm starting to come towards the end of w/d. I take 3000 mg vitamin C every morning. I take it in powder form (asorbic acid) and I noticed a huge improvement in mood, stress reduction, anxiety and paranoia. I think since I overanalyze things, I put a lot of stress on my mind. Vitamin C elevates about 70-90 percent of that stress. I think more clearly and rationally. I don't get as upset as I used to either hence the mood improvement. And this is all due to Vitamin C and magnesium. My favorite combo for stress, anxiety, worry etc.

The first two weeks of doing this, I experienced loose stools and diarrahea but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did, because I can actually "feel" it working. Sometimes, I do have some bloating but the benefits outweigh the negative side effects so I'm going to stick with it for at least another few months maybe even longer.

Edited by Altostrata
updated link

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for replying aNM.  I decided to try the high dose vitamin C and it seems to have helped.  At first I was hesitant because after doing some research I learned that most vitamin c supplements are synthetic, not natural but instead ascorbic acid, which isn't actually vitamin c.  I had gone ahead and ordered some naturally sourced vitamin c supplements.

But last night/this morning I took 3000mg of the synthetic kind, which is all  I have at the moment, and this morning's cortisol/anxiety has been significantly less than what it usually is.  The difference is enough that I know its not placebo or my imagination.  I usually have a very unpleasant physical sensation in my gut which lasts for hours, starting from when I wake up until some time in the afternoon.  But its not there.  The adrenaline surges I usually get were very mild compared to what its normally like.

This is what I did.  Whenever I woke up in the night, I took a 1000mg tablet.  I'm not sure but I think I took them at about 2am, 5am and 7am.

My body is feeling much more relaxed than it usually does this time of the day, this is the best result I've had so far from trying anything, finally, something has helped :)

Ok. Wow! Vitamin C. Years ago I'd heard of taking vitamin C to counter the increase in cortisol after a strenuous workout. In fact, I've done it a couple times myself. I'm adding vitamin C after my next decrease.

Thanks for replying aNM.  I decided to try the high dose vitamin C and it seems to have helped.  At first I was hesitant because after doing some research I learned that most vitamin c supplements are synthetic, not natural but instead ascorbic acid, which isn't actually vitamin c.  I had gone ahead and ordered some naturally sourced vitamin c supplements.

But last night/this morning I took 3000mg of the synthetic kind, which is all  I have at the moment, and this morning's cortisol/anxiety has been significantly less than what it usually is.  The difference is enough that I know its not placebo or my imagination.  I usually have a very unpleasant physical sensation in my gut which lasts for hours, starting from when I wake up until some time in the afternoon.  But its not there.  The adrenaline surges I usually get were very mild compared to what its normally like.

This is what I did.  Whenever I woke up in the night, I took a 1000mg tablet.  I'm not sure but I think I took them at about 2am, 5am and 7am.

My body is feeling much more relaxed than it usually does this time of the day, this is the best result I've had so far from trying anything, finally, something has helped :)

See, I told you. Yeah your adrenaline isn't as high either because of it. Vitamin C is a seriously good cortisol blocker. It is very much overlooked. I just take my dose in the morning. 3,000 mg. Sometimes I take a higher dose. It last quite a while. Def. worth the price.

I'm finding I need to take the vitamin C about every 3 hours for it to continue 'working'.  But I'm seriously surprised and happy that its actually relieving one of my worst symptoms with so far, no negative consequences.

I've been taking one 1000mg tablet when I wake up in the night around 1am, 4am and because of this, I've been able sleep until after 7am, it seems to hold off the cortisol surges for about 3 hours, then I wake up.  So I've been taking another one when I wake around 7am. About 10am I'm feeling the pressure/tension/adrenaline start to come back, so I take another one and in about half an hour, I'm feeling physically relaxed again.

Its such a relief to have had 3 days free from ongoing surges of panic/terror.  It feels like my body is now able to calm down enough to really start its repair process properly.  I'm not in a state of fight/flight all day any more.  I've also noticed that I'm not exhausted by early evening like I usually am.

I'm still confused/concerned about the fact that regular vitamin C is actually ascorbic acid, a synthetic, not properly absorbed and possibly linked with some negative consequences, but its cheap.  According to some of the research I've done, the reason you have to take such high doses of ascorbic acid in order for it to really have an impact on illness is because only a small percentage is actually absorbed.

But for now, I don't really care, I'm getting some symptom relief with no negative down side and after almost 4 years of daily suffering, with no end in sight, this is.... well, it feels like a miracle and I'm not sure I believe it yet.

Thank you aNM,  :)

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm still taking what some might call a high dose every day. I take 2 x 1000mg sustained release 3 times a day, total of 6000mg. I've had no adverse effects that I can detect after doing this for about 5 months now.

It might be a coincidence, but I feel like the rate of my recovery has increased over the last several months. My physical symptoms have calmed considerably, it feels like my body has been able to relax more consistently and I've only noticed this consistent improvement since beginning the high dose C.

I've had an ongoing problem of what has felt like very high morning cortisol, which would last through most of the day, causing symptoms like shaking, hot/cold flashes, sweating, akathisia, nausea, DP/DR and a general sense of dread in the pit of my stomach. But this has all been diminishing and I'm left with a much less intense version of it for about 2 hours after I wake up, which I could probably get rid of if I took my last 2000mg much later than I have been.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the only change I've made, so Its impossible to know if this is solely responsible for my increased recovery rate, I also started supplementing with Vitamin D about 2 months ago, and have been receiving distance healing.

As with all supplements, if you are in withdrawal, tapering or have a sensitive nervous system, start with a low dose and build up slowly.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Hmm this is interesting. I have been taking 1000mg tablet of Vitamin C at night around 10 pm.. I'm going to up it and take 500mg in the morning an 500mg in the afternoon and see if it helps with adrenaline surges. 

Someone told me eating a small square of dark chocolate 90% cocoa helps with adrenaline surges too. Not sure if that's true but I heard that.

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

Do people prefer buffered or extended release ? I have not seem them together

Prozac 1996 20 mg for 2 months.  1999 seroxat 10mg until 2004 then prozac 20mg for 2 years then 10mg untill december 2013. CT also took occasional  lorazepam untill november 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Some people find that Vitamin C upsets their stomach, if that's you, then you might need the buffered kind. I don't have this problem and take extended release.

Now Foods do a buffered/sustained release formula.

Or this one by Solaray, I haven't tried either of them.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• 3 weeks later...

Does Vitamin C rev you up? i took 1000mg this morning and feeling very energized but tight in the chest and restless.

September 2014 to July 2015 - 20 mg Lexapro, 30mg Mirtazipine

August 2015 to November 2016- 10mg Lexapro, 30 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2017 - 10mg Lexapro, 3.75 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2017 to Mach 2018 - 5mg/2.5mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

Mach 2018 to Dec. 2018 - 0mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

• Moderator Emeritus

Its doesn't effect me like that, and I don't think I've heard anyone else say that, but in a sensitized nervous system, anything can have a paradoxical effect, so its possible. Maybe start with a lower dose and work your way up. It may have been a coincidence that you felt this way the day you took it.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

For a very long time, I couldn't take Vitamin C anytime after lunch or it interfered with sleep. Now, I can use it in the middle of the night if I'm having an allergic reaction to something and no problem going right back to sleep. I'd agree with Petunia on trying a lower dose or maybe a sustained release one, where you're not getting it all at once.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am extremely sensitive to just about anything alcohol, excersise, ibuprofen etc so I don't experiment much with supplements. A month ago however i started having those early awakening cortisol spikes people talk about. Waking up early with anxiety and stress. It was brutal. I found some articles stating that Vitamin C helps lower cortisol levels so I started drinking 2 full glasses before bed. After about two days the early awakenings and cortisol spikes stopped. I couldn't believe how much better I feel in that regards. Did nothing for my other symptoms but I just wanted to pass this finding along. I had read on here that Vitamin C has helped some others with the same issue. I'm too scared to take supplements so I am sticking with the two full glasses before bed.

Paxil 10mg 2004-2011

7.5mg 4months

5mg. 4months

2.5mg.8 months no wd issues

Dropped pax 4-10-12

5-9-12 started prozac to alleviate symptoms (no relief)

5-22-12 reinstated paxil 2.5mg

5-28-12 5mg pax (couldn't tolerate sides)

6-22-12 Pax 2.5

6-30-12 Pax O

Cerebrolysin to help with wd at 29 months. Horrible decision much worse.

Still suffering sever Brain fog, Confusion, slow thinking,And just feeling sick and weird (hard to explain),facial twitching, weakness, shaking and jerking

• Moderator Emeritus

This is great news fj and thank you for sharing your experience. But I'm wondering what exactly it is you are drinking. I'm assuming its orange juice? But it would be great if you would clarify that :)

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Yes it is OJ. Sorry meant to mention that above.

I drink 2 large glasses of OJ every night prior to bed and the early awakening and severe anxiety stopped. 

Paxil 10mg 2004-2011

7.5mg 4months

5mg. 4months

2.5mg.8 months no wd issues

Dropped pax 4-10-12

5-9-12 started prozac to alleviate symptoms (no relief)

5-22-12 reinstated paxil 2.5mg

5-28-12 5mg pax (couldn't tolerate sides)

6-22-12 Pax 2.5

6-30-12 Pax O

Cerebrolysin to help with wd at 29 months. Horrible decision much worse.

Still suffering sever Brain fog, Confusion, slow thinking,And just feeling sick and weird (hard to explain),facial twitching, weakness, shaking and jerking

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I am going to try this. I wake up with rage, like clockwork, at 1 am. Thanks fj929. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Watch out re: the acidity on your teeth fj929.

Wonder if you can get the same Vit C dose but reduce the acidity levels.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Thanks for this! Awesome idea!!! I'm gonna experiment I'll return with results!

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

• Moderator Emeritus