SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

pinkpeony Don't let me go it alone. Pristiq 100-> 50 tomorrow :('''''

pinkpeony

I found this website called point of return but it is SO much money. Has anyone tried companies that promise to help you get off meds? I dont know what to do.. I'm on Pristiq 100 mg. It is causing my heart to race. My primary doctor says just take beta blockers. My psych doctor says, just go to 50 mg. Withdrawals will be fine. This is the same lady that I went to and asked to put me on ANYTHING but Effexor xr. She put me on Pristiq extended release 100 mg. Help me. What can i do? I know our bodies must need something that causes us to get depression but heck if I know what it is. How do i know these companies won't just rip me off? Im scared. I don't want to be on a beta blocker to stay on a med i don't even like. But I don't want to make it hard on my spouse who has to live with me. Help me. :(''''  

Was on antidepressants since I was a teen. Got off Pristiq in Dec 2013. Completely off of all antidepressants in March 2014.

Currently taking: Xyrem 3g 2xs a night

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5353-pinkpeony-dont-let-me-go-it-alone-pristiq-100-50-tomorrow/

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pinkpeony

• Altostrata

• mammaP

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pinkpeony, save your money!! Don't pay someone to help you taper off pristique, we can help you to

taper safely for no cost. 

It would be better if you post  on the introductions board  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/3-introductions-and-updates/,

more people will see your post there.

This board is for information  , the intro board is for individual members, each has their own

thread that can be updated any time.  Just copy and paste your post in there, it would help also

if you put your med history in your signature  line, here's how to do that. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

I will put more information in there for you.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Administrator

Welcome, pinkpeony.

How long have you been taking 100mg Pristiq? When did you go off Effexor?

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/876-tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Effexor XR I went off years ago. Maybe... 4? I have been taking 100 mg of Pristiq for about 2 months. I was on 50 mg. 

Was on antidepressants since I was a teen. Got off Pristiq in Dec 2013. Completely off of all antidepressants in March 2014.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5353-pinkpeony-dont-let-me-go-it-alone-pristiq-100-50-tomorrow/

• Administrator

Combined pinkpeony's discussion in her Intro topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Administrator

pinkpeony, if I were you, I'd go down to 50mg ASAP.Your doctor is irresponsible keeping you on the higher dose with those adverse symptoms.From your signature:

Is my narcolepsy misdiagnosed fragmented sleep from being on SSRIs and SNRIs?excessive daytime sleepiness from SNRI?

It's possible.

I read the entire post of http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/876-tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine/  It was like a great movie where I thought OMG yes! Im going to be great. Ill just cut it up! Oh no! I can't it won't work that way? Oh wow! You got that sick on it? Oh yay! I can just have a compounding pharm do it! Oh joy of joys! Oh crap they won't do it.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.. I just guess I wish something would have eventually worked for one of them. Felt close to them just reading about their experiences.

Maybe I will just have to do this and be brave. There really is no easy way..huh? I wish I could get someone to just hit me over the head and put me into a slight coma for a bit and sleep through it. Im so terrified. Is there anything at all that I can take to help? 

pinkpeony, if I were you, I'd go down to 50mg ASAP.Your doctor is irresponsible keeping you on the higher dose with those adverse symptoms. 

Thank you. You have no idea how it helps to hear you say that. They treated me like I was insane for not just taking a beta blocker. My primary physician kept closing his eyes when I talked and then said "You never listen! It doesn't matter WHY your heart is racing, take the damn beta blocker!" I burst into tears and then he tried winking and smiling at me as I just mumbled I'd do whatever he said but our doctor-patient relationship is over. Im so hurt.

• Administrator

I was going to suggest you cut up one 50mg tab in half and take it with a full 50mg tab for a step-down dose of 75mg. But if it's hitting your system so hard, breaking the extended-release tablet might have adverse consequences for you.

I suppose you could take the 50mg tab in the morning and the 25mg half-tablet in the evening for a total dose of 75mg for a few days, then go down to 50mg.

• Administrator

Don't be hurt. He's not a good doctor. We all sometimes have to find good doctors.

• Administrator

As a matter of fact, I'd make quite a show of firing his *ss.

I was going to suggest you cut up one 50mg tab in half and take it with a full 50mg tab for a step-down dose of 75mg. But if it's hitting your system so hard, breaking the extended-release tablet might have adverse consequences for you.

I suppose you could take the 50mg tab in the morning and the 25mg half-tablet in the evening for a total dose of 75mg for a few days, then go down to 50mg.

Ooh yah? You think that would work? What about that horrible experience... can't find the one I read... where they got so sick after cutting a pristiq?

Also, I wanted to do:

I'll let you guys know how this works out for me. Also before the process, I plan on "fortifying" my system with Amino Acids, L-Tyrosine and 5HTP. Based on the work of Psychiatrist Marty Hinz, it is important to take both of these at the same time in order for either one to work. His research explains why antidepressants always reach a plateau and actually CAUSE as well as perpetuate depression in the long run. According to him, it is important to supply your body with the raw materials (the Amino Acids), since antidepressants deplete your body of these nutrients at an accelerated rate AND deactivate your existing neuro-receptors. Hence, the plateau!That is what I learned from his report on depression available here: http://www.neuroassi...ith%20cover.pdf

But I thought you couldn't take L-Tyrosine or 5HTP with antidepressants?

• Administrator

Cutting up Pristiq can cause drug dumping -- it gets into your system faster. I hesitated to suggest this. But if you take the lower dose in the evening, your system might not be shocked by it, it'll be like a continuation of the morning dose. I don't know how this will affect you. Your decision.

I would not take L-Tyrosine or 5HTP in your situation. They can be activating. It sounds like you have enough of that.

If you're worried about whether you have enough amino acids, take whey protein isolate. There is no magic bullet in supplements for drug withdrawal.

Cutting up Pristiq can cause drug dumping -- it gets into your system faster. I hesitated to suggest this. But if you take the lower dose in the evening, your system might not be shocked by it, it'll be like a continuation of the morning dose. I don't know how this will affect you. Your decision.

I would not take L-Tyrosine or 5HTP in your situation. They can be activating. It sounds like you have enough of that.

If you're worried about whether you have enough amino acids, take whey protein isolate. There is no magic bullet in supplements for drug withdrawal.

Good advice! Should I order this? http://www.pointofreturn.com/store.html  Or should I buy the protein isolate all by itself for cheaper? What about the mood or relax? I have NO clue what to do.

• Administrator

We do not recommend Point of Return.

Use search to find our topic on whey protein isolate.

We do not recommend Point of Return.

Use search to find our topic on whey protein isolate.

Oh yah? hmms Message me if you want to tell me why? If not, I understand. Ok I will search for it. So no on the fishy oil? I>C> Meh I tried to make a fish..

• Administrator

Check out the Symptoms and Self-care forum for info about various supplements http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

All the explanations are there....

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pinkpeony, glad you found your way here, Alto is the best, listen to what she says I would trust her with my life!

I hope that you get off that nasty little drug without too much trouble. Some doctors really are beyond words!! 

"Trust me, I'm a doctor"  HA, Yeah right!!  :o

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Pp, your posts make me smile. I also am glad you're here.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I wish we could give you some really solid and definite help and advice that would make your journey painless, but I don't think that's possible. I'd try the cutting like Alto said, see what happens, you never know, just because it was a problem for one person doesn't mean it will be for you. You'll just have to do your best and listen to your body and do all the things we recommend to help with the process--keep stress down, regular schedule, eat right, gentle walks, sunlight if possible and you're not too sensitive to stimulation. All that stuff.

It may be rough, but you'll get through it, and we'll at least be here to care and hold your hand, so there's that. And yes, there is TONS to read, tucked away all over this forum. (I should know, I've contributed a few pounds of it myself!) Lots of good information here.

Hang in there. You'll get through this. Once you get yourself healthier and better, you can read up and learn about ways to prevent and manage depression and other tough emotional times in the future without having to turn to these toxic brain-warping drugs ever again.  It's very do-able.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hello Pink, I read your story and decided to write because I am coming off of Pristiq.  I have been on it for 5 years, and have noticed a gradual worsening of my physical self.  I've gained 40 pounds in 5 years, and have had bouts of anger and muscle pain for the past 2 years.  I found this site after looking for ways to get off the pristiq as I knew it was causing my symptoms.  My doctor switched me to regular effexor to get off the pristiq.  I was taking 50 mg of pristiq, so doc started me on 75 mg of regular effexor.  I take two 25 mg tabs in the morning then one 25 mg tab in the evening.  I started out trying to wean myself from Pristiq by taking it every other day.  As others will tell you, don't do that.  It is very hard on your central nervous system.  The headaches, tinnitus and body aches were awful from going every other day.  My doc had me switch to the effexor and told me to take the new drug for 3 to 4 weeks.  I am now in my first week of cutting the effexor.  I cut the 25 mg tab that I take at night in half for my first cut.  I will continue on cutting my evening dose in half for 4 weeks, then will cut that half out.  I will then start cutting the dose I take in the morning by cutting the remaining 25 mg. tabs in half for 4 weeks per tab.  So far I am doing pretty well with the switch.  I have started taking extra fish oil, magnesium and vitamin e.  The magnesium helps with all the muscle pain.  I also take epsom salt baths which helps a great deal with helping me to relax and with the muscle pain.  I started listening to my meditation CD's in the evening before bed which helps me to relax and clear my head.  This site is full of wonderful helpful people so I encourage you to listen to what they have to say.  I will continue writing about my weaning as the weeks go on.  I wish you the best in getting off all the drugs.

Cymbalta 2006-2008

Pristiq Dec. 2008 to present

Starting Effexor this week to wean from Pristiq

11-14-2013 Started Effexor, 50mg in morning, 25mg. in evening.

12-4-2013 cut 25 mg. evening tab in half will stay at two 25 mg. in morning and 1/2  25 mg. tab in evening for 4 weeks.

Goal:  Off all Anti-Depressants in 2014

Off Effexor January 30, 2014.  NEVER AGAIN will I allow a doctor to talk me into any medication!

Thanks for your story! My doctor won't fill any script but Pristiq so I am going to do 50 mg in the morning and cut half a 50 mg tonight. I've looked everywhere for undenatured bioactive whey protein isolate and they don't carry it in my area. Only whey protein isolate. Think it will make a difference guys?

• Moderator Emeritus

Personally I would only use the undenatured protein because "denatured" means it's been broken down into free amino acids, and one of those amino acids is glutamate, which is an excitatory neurotransmitter and the thing that causes some people to have bad reactions to MSG (it's the G in MSG). 

Just IMO, if a person eats meat or at least eggs or dairy, they're going to be able to get far more protein than a few scoops of whey protein isolate can provide. If you're vegan that might be a different situation.

I just haven't seen most of these supplements and dietary tips and tricks making a difference for most people. But I do understand, I've spent hundreds of dollars trying different things myself, if there's anything we can do and have some control over we always want to try it.

From just the paragraph above I'm skeptical of a nutritional explanation for how these drugs screw up our brains. I haven't read the original work, it may be good, but neurochemistry  and physiology is incredibly complex and I think there's a lot more going on than that.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Really we all basically just try things and see what works for us. I've certainly done it and I will again.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Administrator

Whey protein isolate (I think it's always undenatured) helps if you've been eating poorly and don't have enough protein in your diet. Amino acids are the ingredients of proteins.

Rhi is correct, you can't cure withdrawal syndrome through nutrition, all you can do is give your body good ingredients to repair itself.

pinkpeony, what doctor prescribed Xyrem for you?

Whey protein isolate (I think it's always undenatured) helps if you've been eating poorly and don't have enough protein in your diet. Amino acids are the ingredients of proteins.

Rhi is correct, you can't cure withdrawal syndrome through nutrition, all you can do is give your body good ingredients to repair itself.

pinkpeony, what doctor prescribed Xyrem for you?

Ended up finding one locally that was undenatured and bioactive. Tastes fruity. Which is grand coming from someone who doesn't eat anything healthy.

First I went from primary doc to primary doc about my tiredness. Finally suggested I do a sleep study. Diagnosed with Extreme daytime sleepiness. Somehow ever since then, my chart says narcolepsy. A sleep doctor from my old town put me on Xyrem. I have sleep paralysis but not cataplexy. So idk if I have narc or not... Xyrem has been rough on me but at the same time I can finally not have to take naps and sleep 14-16 hrs a day. Idk what to do about it. I was totally fine till I got into high school.. then just constantly tired. I wouldn't fall asleep while talking to someone or anything. Just went home instead of with friends or doing homework and slept till I was made to get up again to go to school. Could never keep a job more than part-time because I would get so exhausted I would quit just so I could sleep more. <shrugs> Hubby says after Xyrem he noticed I could remember more and function. Yet it scares him when I sleepwalk and have accidents or fall asleep in the tub and wake up choking on water. How i get there I couldnt tell ya.

Check out the Symptoms and Self-care forum for info about various supplements http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/

All the explanations are there....

Oh..my goodness! Yah I've been reading up more on these sites that promise to help you buy selling you these magic products. One of them we just talked about apparently is into scientology too. Some scary stuff out there. I think this forum is much better for me. I really appreciate how everyone helps each other. I agree there isn't a magic pill for getting through withdrawals. Hopefully I can just give my body what it needs and come here for a hug. :)

Question: I was going to take 50 mg this morning (already did) and cut a 50 mg after dinner. But I realized I do have lots of 20mg tablets of Paxil. Try that instead? Stick with original plan?

• Administrator

There's no advantage to switching to Paxil, but a lot of risk. Also, Paxil is difficult to go off of.

Try reducing Pristiq. It may go easier than you expect.

Thanks!! At least I have Xyrem that knocks me out at night. Just daytime will be hell-o. 

PP, I don't understand how you could be diagnosed with excessive daytime sleepiness by a sleep study. Plus, that's a symptom, not a diagnosis. I'm just asking as a few of us found out really important things from sleep studies. Welcome aboard!!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Administrator

First I went from primary doc to primary doc about my tiredness. Finally suggested I do a sleep study. Diagnosed with Extreme daytime sleepiness. Somehow ever since then, my chart says narcolepsy. A sleep doctor from my old town put me on Xyrem. I have sleep paralysis but not cataplexy. So idk if I have narc or not... Xyrem has been rough on me but at the same time I can finally not have to take naps and sleep 14-16 hrs a day. Idk what to do about it. I was totally fine till I got into high school.. then just constantly tired. I wouldn't fall asleep while talking to someone or anything. Just went home instead of with friends or doing homework and slept till I was made to get up again to go to school. Could never keep a job more than part-time because I would get so exhausted I would quit just so I could sleep more. <shrugs> Hubby says after Xyrem he noticed I could remember more and function. Yet it scares him when I sleepwalk and have accidents or fall asleep in the tub and wake up choking on water. How i get there I couldnt tell ya.

Okay, now I get it.

Excessive sleepiness can be a side effect of an antidepressant. It sounds like this is what happened to you. Typically, it was misdiagnosed as a sleep disorder requiring more drugs.

Xyrem is a heavy-duty controlled prescription costing thousands of dollars per month, as you probably know. You must have excellent insurance. Xyrem requires monitoring by a specialist. I don't suppose you can see any of these doctors http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/988-recommended-doctors-therapists-or-clinics/

Are there any good sleep specialists near you?

If I were you, I'd try life without an antidepressant for a while. Once you get down to 25mg Pristiq (if cutting the tab in half works for you), you may wish to switch to regular Effexor to very gradually get off the rest. Then, taper Xyrem. Your insurance company will thank you.

Okay, now I get it.

Excessive sleepiness can be a side effect of an antidepressant. It sounds like this is what happened to you. Typically, it was misdiagnosed as a sleep disorder requiring more drugs.

Xyrem is a heavy-duty controlled prescription costing thousands of dollars per month, as you probably know. You must have excellent insurance. Xyrem requires monitoring by a specialist. I don't suppose you can see any of these doctors http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/988-recommended-doctors-therapists-or-clinics/

Are there any good sleep specialists near you?

If I were you, I'd try life without an antidepressant for a while. Once you get down to 25mg Pristiq (if cutting the tab in half works for you), you may wish to switch to regular Effexor to very gradually get off the rest. Then, taper Xyrem. Your insurance company will thank you.

I don't see any of those docs. Perhaps I should. There are good sleep specialists near me but as I've said for some reason my diagnosis of excessive daytime sleepiness somehow inexplicably got changed along the way to say Narcolepsy so my doc here probably isn't at fault for keeping me on Xyrem. I do think that you guys are right. I don't think i have narcolepsy. It started when I was a teenager (as narcolepsy sometimes can), but I was put on an SSRI when I was a teen because I was moody. Really? A teenager moody? Sigh. Of course I was! Anyway, I was on that and drinking a 2 Liter of soda a day plus following a VERY low fat diet. Fat was my enemy even though I wasn't fat because well.. I had issues. Anyway, I had no idea how important fat was to your brain or what soda did to me. It all makes sense now. I am definitely going to try getting off antidepressants. Im so excited that maybe I don't have to take any meds at all. I've always wondered why everyone else in my family is perfectly healthy and dont take meds and Im so different. Now it makes sense. Yes I have amazing insurance. Wish it helped with going to a naturopathic doctor. 

Only thing I've experienced so far (as its too early for the brain zaps) is a major headache.

For future reference, and because my head hurts so terribly bad and hope helps any pain: What should I start looking into taking for supplements to repair my brain and somewhat substitute for what an SNRI did for me. Ive tried getting off before and St. Johns Wort and other things that only affected serotonin did zip for me. I need the norepinephrine? Noradrenalin? part. How do I get that naturally? Also, its said that SNRIs have anti-inflammatory properties for the brain as well. Interesting.