SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

Altostrata

Becoming a vegetarian has helped me immensely, within a month I stopped getting acid reflux and a had massive improvement on my bowel movements. 

When I reinstated I felt my guts and bowls go mental straight away.  I'm sure now that the reason I was constipated and taking acid reflux pills everyday for all those years was because of medication and meat. 

As for omega 3 supplements there's been a few studies out lately that say they don't do much, I'd have to back myself up on that but I don't think they have done much for me anyway. I was taking the recommended dose and supplement provided on this forum for about 6 months. 

10 years on various anti-depressants

5 years Effexor xr

tappered of 150mg in 6 months

nothing for two weeks

Reinstated 15 beads for 50 days

Tappered off then clean 2-3months

gradually went back up to 13 mg 3 years

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

reinstated 5ml dispersed fluroxatine for 6months

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, SouthernFreeze said:

As for omega 3 supplements there's been a few studies out lately that say they don't do much, I'd have to back myself up on that but I don't think they have done much for me anyway. I was taking the recommended dose and supplement provided on this forum for about 6 months. 

Omega-3 Fish Oil

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Thanks, I had read that thread years ago but it's probably been updated. 

Anyway it turns out it was heart health that they were saying omega 3 supplements werent working for. 

I'd definitely like to look at some Omega-3 vege alternatives for environmental reasons. 

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 9:45 PM, SouthernFreeze said:

the reason I was constipated

On 8/31/2019 at 9:45 PM, SouthernFreeze said:

was because of medication and meat. 

Red meat:

• Is high in fat, so it takes longer for the digestive tract to process it
  • Has tough protein fibers that can be difficult for the stomach to digest
  • Is rich in iron, which can be constipating

Of the flip slide - the high protein may be helpful in activating neurotransmitter receptors...?

3 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Red meat:

• Is high in fat, so it takes longer for the digestive tract to process it
  • Has tough protein fibers that can be difficult for the stomach to digest
  • Is rich in iron, which can be constipating

Of the flip slide - the high protein may be helpful in activating neurotransmitter receptors...?

Not sure, I do get plenty of protein from bean and nuts and things like that though 

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

56 minutes ago, SouthernFreeze said:

Not sure, I do get plenty of protein from bean and nuts and things like that though 

I try to get about 60-70 g of protein a day. Even though I don't eaat red meat that often here are some comparisons between red meat and other sources:

3 oz hamburger patty (90% lean) - 23 g protein

1/2 c chick peas - 6 g

3 oz light tuna fish - 23+ g

3 oz peanuts - 24 g protein (wow!)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a thread somewhere that explains what antibiotics not to take in withdrawal? Also cold medicine? It's getting colder out and I work in a school. Scared of getting sick and having to take anything only to worsen withdrawal, I've read that the cold medicine puts people in a wave, even after they've recovered for years. 

But, there's a cough suppressant that seems free of anything stimulating (delsym). Maybe there are some things considered "safe" for us in withdrawal? 

3/21/19 started Bupropion XL 150 mg

3/21/19 started Risperidone 2mg

7/7/19 start Abilify half dose 5 mg. discontinue Risperidone

7/9/19 full dose Abilify 10 mg

7/29/19 discontinued Abilify due to panicky side effects

8/2/19 Began Latuda 20 mg

8/5/19 discontinued Latuda due to similar side effects 

8/10/19 discontinued Bupropion after realizing it was causing the insomnia

From 8/10/19 no drugs whatsoever

Currently taking vitamin C, D, E, a probiotic and fish oil. 
Message me here if you want: 
https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

5 hours ago, Armorall said:

Is there a thread somewhere that explains what antibiotics not to take in withdrawal? Also cold medicine? It's getting colder out and I work in a school. Scared of getting sick and having to take anything only to worsen withdrawal, I've read that the cold medicine puts people in a wave, even after they've recovered for years. 

But, there's a cough suppressant that seems free of anything stimulating (delsym). Maybe there are some things considered "safe" for us in withdrawal? 

Not sure about antibiotics, but I find with a cold paracetamol and ibuprofen is about all you really need for a cold at the end if the day. I haven't had any reactions from those myself. 

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

I've never heard of paracetamol...ah it's acetominophen. Good to know, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/morra.lal.3/  I've been getting a lot of fake friend requests, so please send a message before friend requesting me, thank you!

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, SouthernFreeze said:

Is there a thread somewhere that explains what antibiotics not to take in withdrawal?

Cipro, Levaquin, Azithromycin (Z-Pack), and other antibiotics

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

OK, so I suffer from breathing problems from the small amount of fluroxatine I am on (that feeling you get when you just can't get a proper deep breath) . I've been just dealing with it but recently it has really annoyed me. 

I am a Buddhist and finally made it to a retreat in the weekend. It was a two day retreat, but halfway through the first day I was basically hyperventilating because I just couldnt get a deep breath. I tried every breathing technique I could think of but after 2 hours and twenty minutes of diveded meditation I went into a panic and had to leave. A 5 hour drive for that. Is getting off this crap the only way to be able to breath properly again? Seems like it. 

5 years Effexor xr

nothing for two weeks

bridged fluoxetine 10mg

2 week tapper

1 year clean

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever tried to wear one of those weighted vests like my kids with autism has? If we have a disregulated nervous system, maybe that would help with calming the nervous system?

• 3 months later...

Is there any reason to not take bio -available vit c? My megnesium 100mg has that in it. 

Age 21 started on antidepressants, Paxil, Zoloft cant remember dozes.

Most I remember is being on Celexa 10 - 40 mg since 1996 to 2019 up and down.

Changed to Pristiq March 2019 to May 2019 lowest doze but quit scared ot it.

Went back to Celexa 20mg may 2019 to sept 2019.Tried Cipralex, 3 days,

Went off celexa 20 mg Sept 16/19 taper 1 month.

Took Ativan .5 to 1 mg on and off for years and some Clonazepam for anxiety.

Ativan in dec 2019 about 10 and in jan 2019. .05mg.

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

Feb 25, 2020 reinstated 1mg celexa.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anything one can take for anxiety that is not an addictive medication? 

Age 21 started on antidepressants, Paxil, Zoloft cant remember dozes.

Most I remember is being on Celexa 10 - 40 mg since 1996 to 2019 up and down.

Changed to Pristiq March 2019 to May 2019 lowest doze but quit scared ot it.

Went back to Celexa 20mg may 2019 to sept 2019.Tried Cipralex, 3 days,

Went off celexa 20 mg Sept 16/19 taper 1 month.

Took Ativan .5 to 1 mg on and off for years and some Clonazepam for anxiety.

Ativan in dec 2019 about 10 and in jan 2019. .05mg.

Brain zaps  Agitation, terror and dread, suicidal feelings, stomach in fear. afraid to be alone. Depression 

Now: feeling disconnected from self and inability to connect with others, anxiety, depression,.emotionally weak and helplesd, ringing in my ears.

Feb 25, 2020 reinstated 1mg celexa.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever heard of an oral peptide that's used for people withdrawing from benzodiazapines? It's called... DH-DB or something like it. It's supposed to help with anxiety. 

Also...anyone who has ever taken or tried L-tryptophan, what did it do for you? Or not?

On Prozac since 2004, 10 mg 

Began to taper, 2016, first time cold turkey

unsuccessful, so soon after tried again

kept having to go back on medication due to withdrawals

tried to do it myself as couldn't find a dr to help me

Currently on taper #4 from 2016, having changed to Lexapro and starting November 2018 from 5 mg

As of April 2020 I am at 1/5th of a mg (.2 mg)

The peptide in question is DHH-B. It has bad interactions with Benzos and a variety of other psych drugs and as such should be avoided. There has been very little testing so it's effectiveness is in question for this purpose and it can only be taken for a short period of time. It is unsafe for someone who is pregnant or is about to have surgery.

Please do a site search for L-tryptophan, there is a lot of discussion about it. As with most supplements we do not recommend its use during WD.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 months later...

Hello-  prior to my WD from lexapro I was taking reseveratrol and nicotinamide riboside (Brand name is tru niagen). I also tried NMN as well. They all influence NAD levels which is critical for mitochondrial function. Anyway I stopped taking them for fear of Stimulating  my nervous system.  Has anyone used them?  I believe they may be beneficial in supporting our healing process. But again with my already high cortisol spikes I’m hesitant to try them. 

2003-2006-  Zoloft then Wellbutrin, Ritalin, concerta , Adderall.  Don’t remember dosage, tapers or timeframes. ADD treatment. I think I had some WD?  Definitely PSSD which resolved over time. 

Zoloft  100 MG April18-april 22, 2020

Buspirone 20 mg from April 18-May 18

10 mg from May 18 - May 27 2020

Lexapro 5 mg from April 22 through May 1st

10 mg from May 1 through June 1

5 mg from June 1 though june 18

2.5 mg from June 18 through June 25

1.25 mg from June 25 through July 4 2020

Ambien -  2.5 mg  April 21 and 26 2020

Trazodone 50 mg-  3 times late April and 4 days the first week in June 2020

Supplements:  Melatonin .23 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, Fightinghard said:

reseveratrol

Correct spelling:  resveratrol

Site search results:  https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/search/?q=resveratrol&quick=1

4 hours ago, Fightinghard said:

nicotinamide riboside (Brand name is tru niagen). I also tried NMN as well. They all influence NAD levels which is critical for mitochondrial function.

Do a general internet search using these terms:

survivingantidepressants.org nicotinamide riboside

survivingantidepressants.org nicotinamide

survivingantidepressants.org mitochondrial

Sometimes you need to search site: survivingantidepressants.org

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 1 month later...

I saw a Naturopath regarding my histamine/SIBO issue. She recommended the following supplements that work for slow motility and SIBO/SIFO. Her thoughts were that my histamine issues are probably related to that. I had already done some research and it seemed that way to me as well. Before I had my histerectomy in July I went on FODMAP diet that really helped but after surgery I developed symptoms again. My symptoms are sinus and eye issues and some constipation. I wondered if anyone here has experience with the following and whether they may be ne forgative WD. I am at the tail end: 0.32 mg of  Celexa. I've been withdrawing for 4 years.

Supplements: NAC;Motilyty Activator; GI-Microb-X and Glutamine powder

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

• Moderator Emeritus
8 minutes ago, gn11 said:

Supplements: NAC;Motilyty Activator; GI-Microb-X and Glutamine powder

Motilyty Activator;  GI-Microb-X:  if these have multiple ingredients do a search for them.

Do a general internet search and and survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.  Sometimes you need to search site: survivingantidepressants.org

Thanks ChessieCat! I will do so.

2006-2007 Lexapro (not sure of dose) in 2006

2007 Stopped abruptly. Developed serious wd symptom.Went back after two weeks and  tapered successfully over 3 months

November 2013  started 10 mg of Celexa for hormonal symptoms

early 2014 cutdown Celexa to 5 mg.Attempted to get off it November 2014 and had  

Anxiety increased  every time I used  an OTC or had stress.

April-May Cortisol spike problems 

July 2016 Started taking liquid Celexa 7.5 mg

June 2021 I finished my taper en

Severe anxiety and insomnia

June 2022 symptoms omproved

July 2023 gut issues and sleep issues contnue

On 9/2/2015 at 4:27 PM, oskcajga said:

In "natural" depression, your nervous system is normal and it is operating your body properly. In withdrawal syndrome, your nervous system is struggling to get back to normal operation. Don't try to speed this along with anything that may be stimulating, or you may further unbalance it.

Not sure what you mean by "natural depression" but depression itself is a result of a brain that ix dysregulated. Our tendency to become depressed can be a result of early life trauma that leaves its imprint on the brain. That imprint becomes a prototypical response to stress. I'm attaching some papers by here by affective neuroscientist, Jaak Panksepp, who discovered this mechanism. They are technical but interesting. 

See: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/depressed-your-seeking-sy_b_3616967

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3181986/

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15294145.2009.10773593

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1521/psyc.2011.74.1.5

1980s: First diagnosed with depression. Treated with a tricyclic. 1988: Switched to Prozac 20 mg.  1990s to 2010: On and off Prozac. Increased dose led to side effects. 2011: Put on Zyprexa. 2011: Work burnout and breakdown. Hospitalized for suicidal depression. Switched to Seroquel. Switched to Celexa 40 mg and lithium 300 mg. 2019: Stopped Seroquel. 

2020 July: Decreased Celexa to 30 mg in attempt to alleviate sexual dysfunction. Worked somewhat.

2020 August: Decreased Celexa to 20 mg. Sexual function improved but w/d effects started. 

2020 September: Maintaining Celexa at 20 mg. Experiencing w/d effects - fatigue, dysphoria, mood instability

2020 September 13: Increased Celexa to 30 mg due to w/d effects. Still on lithium 300 mg/day.

2020 October 3: Reduced Celexa to 27 mg. Started taper. 10% per month as recommended.

2020 October 18: Reduced to 24 mg.

2020 December 4: Reduced to 21 mg.

2020 December 23: Reduced to 20 mg (spacing out taper intervals due to persistent w/d effects)

2021 September 23: Several reductions over the past 9 months to 7.0 mg. Stressful life circumstances led me to feeling very depressed with suicidal feelings, so upped to the dose to 10 mg until I feel better. 

• 3 months later...

Hi all. I recently tried a treatment called BAX 3000 to help with balancing my nervous system and whole body as well as reverse allergies to foods. Today I only did one to balance my bodys systems that are out of wack such as endocrine, adrenals, autonomic nervous system, chakras, meridians, and everything else he tested that had a weak response. He said I may feel out of it for a day or two but as the treatment was happening my brain started buzzing. I'm wondering if in a couple days this doesnt get better if I should try calming acupuncture next? I'm scared this feeling will last for months. I wanted to wait until I was out of this months long wave I'm in now (since July) from trying and stopping supplements / foods /extreme stress, but I have a hard time saying no because this treatment is supposed to help me tolerate more foods which I desperately need. His treatment today was balacing and reprogramming my nervous system working with autonomic, endocrine, adrenals, etc and even my lexapro to help my body tolerate it more and eventually wean off. Has anyone done this or have knowledge on if ist stimulating/detoxifying/if i should try acupuncture even though I'm in a wave and could potentially put myself into a deeper one? How long will this wave last? 

Here is an explanation of BAX 3000:

Sitting in front of the BAX system’s Digital Conductance Meter (DCM), a patient is exposed to digitalized frequencies via a radio wave transmitted through their body It will positively condition or train autonomic nervous system to no longer respond in stressful manner to substance. The laser is rebooting your body to perceive substances correctly. How it works is that is reduces stress levels in the autonomic nervous system, because stress causes most health related conditions. It identfies substances that increase stress levels and these stressors are paired with positive stimuli, releasing endorphins triggered by nerve bundle stimulation. Once released, they calm the nervous system and replaces the negative association with a neutral one. .These energetic frequencies match those of the substance(s) the person has been reacting to, such as milk, wheat, household cleaners, food additives, animal dander, dust and pollens. This fools the person’s body into thinking that it is being exposed to the actual items through ingestion, inhalation, and / or contact, thus setting up an imperceptible reaction in their body. At the same time, a small (cold) laser, which emits thd same frequencies but at a homeopathic antidote dose, is applied to the central nervous system by shining the light first on the forehead then slowly moving it up over the top of the head and down along the spine to its base. This internally cancels the reaction and in effect reprograms the person’s body (just like with NAET) to no longer react to the substance. During the final portion of the treatment, the laser is applied to specific acupuncture points on the arms, hands, and feet to further strengthen the treatment.

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

• 9 months later...

Has anyone used a Forskolin supplement?
Any experience?
It should regulate the amount of acetylcholine in the brain or the sensitivity of muscarinic receptors?

cholinergic rebound is associated with acetylcholine in tricyclic weaning

Xanax 0,5mg 1999-2019 a Xanax 0,5mg paar korda kuus, vajadusel

Cymbalta 30mg 2012-25.04.2018 kitsenev 2-3 kuud,rasked sümptomid 1 nädal pärast viimast annust

Amitriptüliin 25mg 25.05.18-20.01.19 ,kitsenev 2-3 kuuga, unetus, paanika-ärevus, segasusseisund, iiveldus

Valdoxan 25mg 10.02.19-10.03.19, ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, Lorasepaam 10.02.19-20.02.19 vajadusel üleöö

Brintellix 5mg 10.03.19-30.06.19 ,ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, hirme, segasust ja unetust, olin haiglas 1 nädal

Olansapiin 5mg 01.03.19-02.08.19,unetuse leevendamiseks suureneb segasus, suureneb depressioon, tekib raske akatiisia Cymbalta 30mg 30.06.19-01.08.19,ei tööta enam, olukord ei stabiliseeru, jälle haiglas 2 nädalat

Levomepromasiin 5mg 03.08.19-20.12.19 aitas magada, kuid suurendas segadust ja depressiooni

Anafraniil 75mg03.08.19-15.12.19  15.12.19 , 35mg  17.05.20  , 27mg 01.01.21 16.07.21 oli päevane A19 mg 01.04.22 11mg 01.11.22 8,6mg, 01.11.23 6,5mg 01.01.24 5mg

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Please use search in this forum for discussions about specific supplements. As you know, we're not proponents of "balancing" any neurohormones.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

L-Glutamine is recommended to improve digestion, especially in case of leaky gut.
I tried for 3 days but I got hit by a wave
Can L-Glutamine affect glutamate levels or receptors and thereby increase anxiety or depression?
Can't find information about it at the moment.

Xanax 0,5mg 1999-2019 a Xanax 0,5mg paar korda kuus, vajadusel

Cymbalta 30mg 2012-25.04.2018 kitsenev 2-3 kuud,rasked sümptomid 1 nädal pärast viimast annust

Amitriptüliin 25mg 25.05.18-20.01.19 ,kitsenev 2-3 kuuga, unetus, paanika-ärevus, segasusseisund, iiveldus

Valdoxan 25mg 10.02.19-10.03.19, ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, Lorasepaam 10.02.19-20.02.19 vajadusel üleöö

Brintellix 5mg 10.03.19-30.06.19 ,ei stabiliseerinud olukorda, hirme, segasust ja unetust, olin haiglas 1 nädal

Olansapiin 5mg 01.03.19-02.08.19,unetuse leevendamiseks suureneb segasus, suureneb depressioon, tekib raske akatiisia Cymbalta 30mg 30.06.19-01.08.19,ei tööta enam, olukord ei stabiliseeru, jälle haiglas 2 nädalat

Levomepromasiin 5mg 03.08.19-20.12.19 aitas magada, kuid suurendas segadust ja depressiooni

Anafraniil 75mg03.08.19-15.12.19  15.12.19 , 35mg  17.05.20  , 27mg 01.01.21 16.07.21 oli päevane A19 mg 01.04.22 11mg 01.11.22 8,6mg, 01.11.23 6,5mg 01.01.24 5mg

• 2 months later...

This is a good article on how our gut microbiome changes and it's effect on our digestive and mental health.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/gut-microbiome-fluctuates-throughout-the-day-and-across-seasons#How-seasons,-diet-affect-bacteria

Chronic IBS since 1990

Former smoker (1992- Jun 2017)

Prescribed mirtazapine for sleep in Aug 2017 after IBS flare-up following Nicotine cessation.

Mirtazapine 7.5mg 8/17 to 5/18

Mirtazapine 3.75mg 5/18 to 1/19

Off Mirtazapine since 2/19.

Vit B, Vit D+K2 and Magnesium Glycinate as needed.

On Ayurvedic herbs for GI issues - Guduchi since Jul 2020, Indukantham since Oct 2020

On Ashwagandha 1g since Nov 2020

• 8 months later...

Does anyone on here have any issues with mood and blood sugar regulation?  I will try to start keto and by dinner time, I feel like I am super excited and full of energy, almost manic?  As soon as I eat a non keto food, it goes away. I also notice that whenever I start to feel crappy or go through a wave, if I drink something sweet with some sugar in it, it instantly helps me and I almost feel like I am back to normal.  

I guess these meds do really mess with your gut... any help would be appreciated! 

Started Zoloft 07/2021 - adverse reaction. Stopped taking it three days in. Started taking 10 mg of Lexapro around 09/2021. Stayed at 10 mg for a couple months. Upped to 20mg around 01/2022. Everything was great on 20mg. No complaints.  Started tapering off 09/2023. 15mg at first. Went down to 12.5mg on 09/19/2023. Went down to 10mg 10/24/2023. Went down to 7.5mg 12/05/2023. Updosed to 10mg on 1/30/2024 due to anxiety coming back. 2/23/2024 upped to 15mg due to anxiety still being around. 3/1/2024 Upped to 20mg to stabilize.  

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy