pocketnurse: intense muscle pain

pocketnurse

Hi there I am new to this site and looking for advice if anyone can help.

I have been on various SSRIs for the last 15 years or so with 3- 4 unsuccessful attempts at withdrawal.

Currently I am 20 months into withdrawing from Lexapro 10 mgs and my current dose is down to about 2mgs. I have managed fairly well until now! I am a 47 year old female so well aware my hormones may be an issue too but I am having some mood swings with feeling very low and anxious at times. My biggest problem right now is severe muscle cramps and twitching. I have cramp in my groin, down my leg and lower back pain. I often get random aches briefly anywhere. I am grinding my teeth too. 

I am totally pain free during the night but within a couple of minutes of waking it is as if all my muscles and nerve endings get fired up and become irritated and this makes me feel agitated.

This does seem to come in waves but the waves seem to last longer the lower the dose I go.

Can anyone relate to this and if so I would be so grateful for advice.

Many thanks x

Edited by ChessieCat
added space

1995-1998 various SSRIs then withdrawal

2000 Sertraline

2003 Sertraline then changed to Prozac to attempt withdrawal.

2004 failed at withdrawal so Citalopram.

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

2012 3 days of Mirtazepine with bad reaction so started escitalopram 20mgs

2013 started very very slow taper with a number of slight reinstatements

Currently on between 0.5 and 1mg escitalopram drops at day.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome pocketnurse,

I moved the topic you started in the symptoms forum to an introduction/update thread here because it was related to your own situation specifically, it will get a better response here, I am sorry you didn't get a reply until now. You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

What you have described does sound like typical withdrawal symptoms, how are you tapering? You may be reducing too fast. What many people find is that as the dose gets lower, symptoms increase and there is a need to slow down.

We suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising. Please read through this which will explain why:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Also see:  

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram) - Surviving ...

It would be great if you would put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature. Doing this helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts. Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

When we have a few more details, we will be in a better position to offer support and suggestions.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• 2 months later...

*topic moved from symptoms forum

Hi all

I have been in my present job for the last 10 years or so. Over that time I have had a number of serious life events, very sick child, abusive husband, divorce, moved house five times and had several severe episodes of depression requiring significant time off sick. (I work in the nursing profession).

Most of the people I work with have been there for the same amount of time as me and I class them as supportive, caring and special friends as they have been there when the going has been tough for me and as I live away from family I suppose I have relied on their support.

One colleague though has over the years made my life very very difficult and has bit by bit stripped away my self confidence and self esteem. I suppose at times it has amounted to bullying, this person is well known for it and has got away with it for a very long time and not just with behaviour directed at me. Through my vulnerabilities I have allowed this to happen. On the outside this person appears to be quite the opposite and the behaviour was so subtle that at first I didn't notice what was going on believing that some how it was me that was incompetent. I found myself double checking what I was doing, questioning my own abilities and feeling like I was a failure. What is really frustrating is that this person was the one that I shared my dark times with and although the support was there I feel that this person was a major part of the problem.

Although this person has cleaned up their act I feel bitter and resentment towards them, I am not sure if withdrawal is making it worse as at times I feel general anger and rage mixed in with low mood and I can't identify why.

My job is now very different to how it was 10 years ago as I spend far too long on admin tasks and not enough time on nursing and I get no satisfaction from it. I dread driving in every day, I feel frustrated and trapped in the monotony that work has become and rarely feel any sense of achievement. This is not a new feeling I have been unhappy in my job for the last 4- 5 years and it is getting increasingly worse.

I have looked for alternative employment and have a couple of interviews lined up. My problem is total lack of confidence in my ability whilst still in a fragile state to make such a life changing decision and change jobs. I am fearful of losing the support of colleagues who know me and my demons! On the other hand if I stay in my current job I am concerned it will make my mood even worse. I don't have much further to go in withdrawal but have found that the closer I get down in medication dosage the harder and lower my mood gets.

Part of me feels excited at taking on a new job challenge and a fresh start but I am so scared that I may make a mistake and I really can't afford to either emotionally or financially.

Any advice will be so welcome.

PN xx

Edited by Petunia
added note

2000 Sertraline

2010 attempted slow withdrawal over 12 months but failed- sever episode depression 2012

• Administrator

If changing jobs increases stress for you, this may not be a good time to do it.

How is your taper going? Please do update your Introductions topic http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9124-pocketnurse-intense-muscle-pain/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I did the mistake and changed jobs in a stressful time. In my case I got very unlucky.

I went from having a manic, crazy boss in a job that I knew well and was confident in to a job that I had no idea of with a bullying colleague. This is what led to the prescription of ADs... which led to an adverse reaction ... which led to me being unable to work since six months already. 

What did I do wrong? I ran for the first available job in a time where my nerves were already at the breaking point. Not a thing I can recommend. 

But I think your gut will tell you what's the best to do if you listen to it in a calm moment. 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

• 2 months later...

*topic moved from symptoms forum

Hi all

I rarely post as up until now I have been doing quite well. Very briefly I have been tapering from Lexapro 10 mgs for the last 20 months or so. I have done unsuccessful tapes before from Sertraline and Citalopram slowly but obviously not slow enough. I have been on various ADs for 15 years or so and started when my then GP thought I had anxiety, I actually had undiagnosed overactive thyroid disease (with every symptom in the book!).

I have increased my dose very very slightly and then tapered again over the last 3 months or so as I was feeling so very tired and lightheaded. Although those symptoms are better I have developed horrendous GI symptoms, I feel very low and last night I felt so agitated I drank some alcohol for the first time in I don't know how many years just to calm myself down. The alcohol did help and it was only a very small amount but here I am again having waves of real agitation like I need to rock and keep wanting to move my feet. At the last crash following tapering nearly three years ago I now realise I had akathisia which was more severe than how I feel now but I am worried I am heading for another crash which resulted on three months off work and referral to community health services. I am currently on 2.2 mgs of Lexapro and I don't know if I should increase a little or just try and tough it out.

I am finding some issues at home difficult right now, my father in law has been diagnosed with dementia and my partner is spending such a lot of time trying to deal with him (he is very difficult) and I am worried about my partners stress and don't want to load him up with my problems, I am working on a degree module that is causing me lots of stress and we have financial problems. I know lots of others have similar problems and I am angry with myself that they are causing so much stress I should be able to get on with it but my tolerance level is shot. I have cried today for the first time in a while (I almost feel some relief from this). 

My biggest issue right now I think is managing my tummy issues as I feel uncomfortably bloated. 

Is it common for physical and emotional waves to come together? I work full time as a nice and I am back at work tomorrow- right now I really don't know if I can cope with the responsibility of my job and I don't know what to do.

So sorry for the long post.

PN x

2000 Sertraline

Work full time as a nurse I meant to say!

2000 Sertraline

Oh, I am so sorry!

Some quick thoughts...lots of therapeutic diets around here, GAPS, AIP, low histamine, that might help. Histamine issues seem (not sure, it hasn't been me) to happen in the WD process while the others might be more for people who ended up with depression/anxiety from gut issues. Probiotics.

Epsom salts has "saved" me many times from early signs of agitation and twitchy legs. I use a high dose, 4 cups per tub of water as hot as you can take it, sit 20 minutes at least. Maybe add 1/2 cup baking soda, but not necessary. Rumor has it the sulfate can pull stress hormones and toxins whereas the magnesium is calming. Cry as much as you can...it is the natural way to let stress out.

Sleep in complete darkness and on a regular schedule. I have a sleep mask that is made in a way to avoid pressure on the eyelids, there are many kinds on Amazon if you don't have them locally.

Walk 30 minutes/day in a gentle way, tryng to notice and enjoy nature as much as you can.

Read the pinned topics under Symptoms and Tapering.

Good luck...I am so proud of you for asking for help after a one night alcohol experience!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Just reread your message. There are some that believe over active thyroid is often caused by autoimmunity and may originate from gut issues, there is a big thyroid thread around here. Stop the Thyroid Madness (book and website) is one approach. I'm sure a lot more is available, it's just sometching I don't have any experience with.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Meimeiquest.

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping this is just a bad wave but it has taken me by surprise to be honest as I haven't had one this bad in the last 20 months and it has unnerved me. It was my partner who suggested the alcohol last night as I think he just wanted to help me and didn't know any other way. It is not a habit I will allow myself to get in at all.

I know I have said it before but I think the hardest thing for me is to accept that the medical profession has (maybe not intentionally) has harmed me. As a nurse this has caused me some conflict but it has also made me question conventional medicine and realised it's limitations. I am now very open to alternative practices and I see this as a very positive thing. 

xx

2000 Sertraline

Meimeiquest.

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping this is just a bad wave but it has taken me by surprise to be honest as I haven't had one this bad in the last 20 months and it has unnerved me. It was my partner who suggested the alcohol last night as I think he just wanted to help me and didn't know any other way. It is not a habit I will allow myself to get in at all.

I know I have said it before but I think the hardest thing for me is to accept that the medical profession has (maybe not intentionally) has harmed me. As a nurse this has caused me some conflict but it has also made me question conventional medicine and realised it's limitations. I am now very open to alternative practices and I see this as a very positive thing.

xx

Stay off the wine . I used it for same purpose and I was rapidly catapulted into a cold turkey from ADs reaction part of which was bad akathisia . With all that you have going on is now the time to have WD as well. I got off ADs and stayed off 40 months to date, but the process made me have to stop working and I had similar problem with sick PA in law living with us. Of course I want you off ADs but I don't want your world crashing around your ears . A glass or two of wine a night for 4 months put my recovery back a full year . Alcohol is not the answer it works on same receptors as ADs

Paxil 10mg 21/2 years to June 2012 after a 2 month taper

Cressida

I know the wine was a mistake and I am not going to repeat it. I wish so much that I could take a break from work. I have just had a weeks holiday and to be honest it was pretty bad as I felt so low. I am the main breadwinner in our house and giving up my job is not an option. It is so hard sometimes trying to function at work when I feel my own needs are screaming at me to attend to them but I am busy attending to others. Right now I am seriously wondering how much more I can take. I can't see any future other than misery, I am constantly thinking of death and terrible morbid thoughts. I find life frightening right now but I don't know why. Should I increase my dose a little?

2000 Sertraline

Cressida

I know the wine was a mistake and I am not going to repeat it. I wish so much that I could take a break from work. I have just had a weeks holiday and to be honest it was pretty bad as I felt so low. I am the main breadwinner in our house and giving up my job is not an option. It is so hard sometimes trying to function at work when I feel my own needs are screaming at me to attend to them but I am busy attending to others. Right now I am seriously wondering how much more I can take. I can't see any future other than misery, I am constantly thinking of death and terrible morbid thoughts. I find life frightening right now but I don't know why. Should I increase my dose a little?

Am not an expert on dose adjustments am sure one of the mods will advise but I personally think you should stabilise on the minimum dose that allows you to function and wait before attempting to reduce until your circumstances improve. Its not a race and we all know about the tortoise and the hare. The thinking about death and the morbid thoughts are all part of the process . You need to tell yourself they are just a WD symptom. Not "real " as such . If I had my time over again ( God forbid ) I would taper much more slowly. I was anxious to get off and it backfired. Stress can increase WD symptoms and you have a lot on your plate at present. Watch your caffeine intake, stop sugar, and keep your diet as low histamine as possible would be my advice .

Am sending you big hugs right now. Xx

Cressida

Your reply means a lot to me. How are you doing right now?

2000 Sertraline

Am good thanks. Found that stopping fish oil caused wave. Reinstated. Stopped Evening Primrose Oil as high in histamine . Stabilised quickly and improved again. Am finding at this stage that waves are caused when I eat something that disagrees with my sensitised system . My anxiety is on the wane . Things are improving. The key for me is "know thyself ". Find out what your triggers are. But that's a bit further down the road for you . Right now your priority is getting to a state where you can meet your responsibilities. Then you can think about more WD further down the line. I m glad if I have helped you at all. You don't deserve to be where you are now . Don't get mad get healed. ! Don't waste your energy on those who caused your problems you need all your energy to get well and you will. I am sending you positive vibes . You take care of yourself xx

Thank you.

Sending hugs right back 

xxx

2000 Sertraline

• 3 months later...

pocketnurse asked Clearday on another thread:

Do you mind me asking what your physical symptoms are? I have taken two yers to reduce Lexapro from 10 mgs to 1.5 mgs. I have had to increase slightly on a few occasions. I have had some emotional WD including sadness, insomnia, fatigue and horrendous moodiness but the physical symptoms right now are my problem. I suffer from awful pain in my back, hips, and joints and this makes my mood worse.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have had similar head noise/tinnitus that Cressida has reported.

Non-restorative sleep/disturbed sleep patterns is also a problem lately. That leads to irritability due to lack of proper sleep.

Early WD, I had heart palpitations, left side body numbness, scalp numbness, occasional crying bouts, fatigue.

I now have chest tightness, tightness in scalp/neck muscles, minor shingles, head noise/tinnitus 24/7.

Altostrata and others on here had the fibromyalgia-like symptoms like you do as a result of SSRI WD.

Hell hath no fury as an SSRI scorned.....

Prozac:   20 mg 1996 – May 2003 CT to 0 mg; by Aug 03 CRASH then protracted WD 3 yrs

Zoloft:    2004 few weeks;, CT to 0 mg

Effexor:  2005 few months CT to 0 mg; bad withdrawal. 

Lexapro:  10 mg from 2009 – 2011; cut dose in half to:

Lexapro:    5 mg from 2011 – Feb. 2014; CT to 0 mg; 2 months of fatigue, followed by:
Aug - Oct 2014 Lexapro WD Insomnia Wave; sleeping very good from Nov 2014 - Nov 2015; broken sleep pattern Dec 2015 - Jan 2016

Dec 2014 - present: Brutal Lexapro WD ear ringing/head ringing/head pressure lasting for 14 months now.

24 months SSRI-free  

• 2 weeks later...

if all else fails phsyio may help with the pain.. 

peace

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Hi pocketnurse,

Just found your thread and I'm very sorry for your pain.

I want to let you know I am the same probably worse with different types of pain all the do time during taper lex from 10 to 3.2mg. Deep bone pain and needling pain every spot on my head, face, neck, shoulder and back. The severe jaw pain is more on the left and my spine is so rigid and painful too. Even my left leg and feet sometimes are in pain. Like you, all these comes right after I awake in morning and most are gone or lessened in evening.

How are you doing lately?

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

I have used menthol rubs (make you feel cold like deep cold I like absorbing junior)  which help and very much unlike myself I never looked it up till today.....

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/_-_-menthol#section=Metabolism-Metabolites

Menthol primarily activates the cold-sensitive TRPM8 receptors in the skin. Menthol, after topical application, causes a feeling of coolness due to stimulation of 'cold' receptors by inhibiting Ca++ currents of neuronal membranes. It may also yield analgesic properties via kappa-opioid receptor agonism.

not sure this all applies to the rubs but we can't be too careful

Health Hazard
SYMPTOMS: Symptoms of exposure to this compound may include irritation of the skin, eyes, mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Exposure may also cause hypersensitivity reactions including contact dermatitis, spasms of the glottis and collapse in young children, urticaria, flushing, headache, insomnia, unsteady gait, thick speech, tremor of the hands, mental confusion, depression, vomiting, cramp in the legs and bradycardia. Exposure to compounds of this class may cause painless blanching or erythema, possible corrosion, profuse sweating, intense thirst, nausea, diarrhea, cyanosis from methemoglobinemia, hyperactivity, stupor, blood pressure fall, hyperpnea, abdominal pain, hemolysis, convulsions, coma and pulmonary edema followed by pneumonia. If death from respiratory failure is not immediate, jaundice and oliguria or anuria may occur. These compounds occasionally cause skin sensitization. ACUTE/CHRONIC HAZARDS: This compound may be harmful by inhalation, ingestion or skin absorption. It is an irritant of the skin and eyes. It is also irritating to the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and toxic fumes of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide. (NTP, 1992)

I will be cutting back on the use of these rubs

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

• 2 months later...

Hi PN,

Long time no "see"......

I sent you a PM about the 'Southwest UK Support Group' I am starting up, and would love to know if you would be interested.

Also there is a thread about it in the 'Relationships' section if you would like to sign up.

Best,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I haven't been on here for some time now, really I have been browsing. I wonder if anyone can offer any advice. I am 49 now so obviously " at a trying age for a female" !! I am not sure if hormones are part of my problem or my very very long winded attempt at withdrawal. I began tapering escitalopram about 4 years ago and I am down to around 0.5 to 0.75 mgs daily. For the last 2 months I have been experiencing increasing burning and severe tenderness to touch in very isolated paces on my back, under my breasts and my scalp feels sore too. It doesn't feel like it is on the surface of my skin but deeper. It is like a discomfort that makes me agitated. My hands also feel kind of agitated and its like I want to rip off my skin. Does anyone have anything similar? I know allodynia is common in fibromyalgia and I do hurt all over at times but I assumed it is perimenopause.

Love to all

PN x

2000 Sertraline

Hi PN! 

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants! (SA) -  "at a trying age for a female" -  I know! Honestly, I'm sure no one warned me about menopause!! Feels like a cruel trick to play after we've managed to get through all those years having to deal with menstruation! I'm really sorry to read you're dealing with this new discomfiture.

I'd love to hear more about your withdrawal history, can you pack it out for us? You can consider this thread your SA journal and post questions and thoughts in here and other members can come and offer support, advice and encouragement. Feel free also to read the forums and other people's journals. I seem to remember Hibari,  aberdeen, and Prestorb also dealing with peri/menopausal questions if you'd like to follow them.

If you'd like to complete a drug history signature that would be great, then, after each post you make on the site, your potted drug history will appear which helps people know where you're at and insight into your experience.

Here are some instructions on how best to do it :)

"Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements?  Anything prior to 2 years before you becoming drug free can be just drug and start/stop years.  

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 48 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature."

I'm sure there will be some other really great replies from others that can support your specific questions around allodynia. 

So glad you're here! xxxmollyn

Drug history

• 20mg paxil in 2001 - 4 months use  
  • 20mg paxil in 2003 - 2 months use 
  • 20mg paxil in 2008 - 8 years continuous

Withdrawal history:

• March 2014 - disastrous alternate day taper
  • Jan 2015 - 15mg to 10mg. Disaster
  • Sept 2015 -  10mg to 5mg. Disaster. Reinstated to 6mg. Relief
  • Oct 2015 - started slow 10% taper 
  • Oct 2016 - at 4mg- stop taking paxil (not recommended)

I'm not a medical professional. Seek advice from a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• ChessieCat changed the title to pocketnurse: Intense muscle pain

Hi Molly and Chessiecat, thank you for your replies, hopefully you can see my drug history now. 

PN x

2000 Sertraline

• Moderator Emeritus
On 25/10/2015 at 7:03 PM, pocketnurse said:

. It is so hard sometimes trying to function at work when I feel my own needs are screaming at me to attend to them but I am busy attending to others. Right now I am seriously wondering how much more I can take.

Hello Pocketnurse!

I'm very happy to see people who come back after quite awhile and update us on their progress. I'm also happy to see your taper is going so well and hope this symptom resolves soon.

I remembered you were thinking about changing your job because I was in a similar situation. What happened on that front?

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Hi Bubble

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did change my job back in January this year. It was a very stressful experience although I am glad that I did and don't regret it. I had only been in my new job a couple of days but knew straight away that this job was not for me (not just new job nerves). After breaking the news to my new boss after the first week I managed to get a transfer but my boss insisted I stay for my 8 weeks notice period. This was so tough as I dreaded every day I went in although the staff were lovely but there were issues with discontent amongst staff and I found that very negative. I transferred to a very busy unit working 12 hour shifts often staying late and not always being able to leave the unit for breaks but I loved it and it boosted my confidence massively. 

In August this year I moved back to my town of birth approx 120 miles away to look after my elderly parents as my dad has been very ill. My daughters are still "down South" one living with her boyfriend and the other at Uni. My partner stays down South Mon to Fri to look after his dad who has dementia and comes to see me at weekends. Its very stresful and not ideal and I have found myself slowly slipping under that black cloud as I hate being on my own. In addition I again left a job I started after 2 weeks as I was so anxious and strssed and felt I couldn't cope. I am just waiting for recruitment to sort all my references etc before starting another job that I have been offered. Although I was excited to move I have found all of this very unsettling , I don't feel as able to cope any more and I dont know why. I am reluctant to do any further tapering and feel like I will be on a small amount of escitalopram for the rest of my life.

How are you and did you make the leap of faith too?

Love 

PN x

2000 Sertraline

• Moderator Emeritus

Starting from the end: no I haven't (so admire you even more for doing it!)

After many years all I managed to do is getting a 5 month sabbatical which will hopefully give me some perspective on things. I'm planning on trying something new (or rather something I did 9 years ago before moving to this job). Like you,  and probably even more so, I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to cope so I'll have to look into more radical approaches to work - part time working, maybe freelancing or if I decide to stay where I am, some adjustments.

Being a nurse is very demanding, exhausting and stressful at the best of times. Relocating to look after sick parents, being separated from the partner - no wonder you are not feeling well. Withdrawal just forces us to become more 'selfish' or better to say prioritise ourselves.

Being on a small amount for the forseable future sounds totally ok. In any case a long hold would be advisable and then you will see how you feel. I didn't quite understand what you meant when you said your dose is between 0.5-0.7 mg..

Thank you for sharing your journey and best of luck with everything.

Love

Bubble x

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, pocketnurse said:

I don't feel as able to cope any more and I dont know why.

I think this is common for everybody as we get older, we change and so do our life circumstances.  And withdrawal may increase it.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Thank you for the replies. Yes Bubble you are right about taking more care of our needs but that is so hard when you are the bread winner. To be honest I sometimes think I would be happy living in a wooden shack in the middle of a forest and become self sufficient or a smallholding in rural Wales. I just feel I want o leave the rat race. At nearly 50 I am going through the realisation that I am not immortal and I am sick of living my life just to get by but not actually living. I met a lady whilst working in the minor injury unit, she was only 3 years younger than me, she looked 20 years younger, she was vibrant, positive, beautiful and passionate. She ran a forest bathing retreat overseas, I can't remember exactly where but it was one of those small tropical islands with white sands and blue seas. I think of her often and how her life differs so much from mine. I wish I could experience just a fraction of her life.

2000 Sertraline

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have not been on the site for about 12 months now. I tapered off Cipralex over a 4 year period and finally quit about a year ago. I am now dealing with chronic insomnia which has got steadily worse over the last 18 months to the point where I am trying to function and work on an average of 3 hours sleep a night. I am depressed, exhausted, chronically stressed and desperate now so I am considering returning to Citalopram. I have just been signed off sick for 2 weeks whilst I commence ADs. I dont want to re medicate but I can't carry on like this. Add to the mix perimonopause, family issues with managing elderly infirm parents and moving away from daughters of 20 and 23 to manage caring for parents and a number of other life stressors. I wonder if anyone can advise?? 

Many thanks in advance 

PN x

Edited by manymoretodays
merged to existing introduction

2000 Sertraline

• ChessieCat changed the title to pocketnurse: intense muscle pain
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi pocketnurse and welcome back.

Please update your drug signature.  We need more detail about how you tapered off please.

Dates and doses.  If you don't know exact dates, early, mid, late and the month will do.  Thank you.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

• Administrator

Hello, pocketnurse.

So sorry you're dealing with all this stress, plus perimenopause, which could very well be affecting your sleep.

The tips here may help you get more sleep:

Tips to help sleep -- so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

What is the sleep cycle?

Melatonin for sleep: Many people find it helpful

TV or computer use in evening can disrupt sleep: Bright light signals the brain that it's daytime

See more here.

If you have a habit of looking at the computer or phone late at night, you must stop! This has a big effect on sleep.

A little melatonin at nightfall, turning out the lights, plus some stress reduction techniques can help:

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

In menopause, I found a mini-estrogen patch (Menostar, 0.14mcg) to help sleep a little bit, but the effect was very subtle. Lifestyle changes (see above) were far more effective.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Chessie cat and Altostrata,

My taper remained very very slow so slow that I would have difficulty recording how I did it but I doubt I could have done it any slower. I transferred to liquid drops and basically spent the last 12 months trying to taper so slowly that there was barely anything in the 1ml syringe, I used an Insulin syringe! I have just taken 5 mgs of Citalopram this am as I am now so desperate. I cannot function anymore on 3 hours sleep a night and then manage a 6 or 10 hour working day. I am reluctant to try HRT due to the risks and this is compounded by the advice of a couple of medical colleagues that they (the female ones ) would also avoid HRT due to the risks! (I work in a Womens Health Clinic).

A lot of my problem is life dissatisfaction I know that, I want out of the stressful rat race. Turning 50 has made me re evaluate my life and I crave change. This is so hard with responsibility of elderly parent care for both sets of parents and major problems with a step daughter and step grandchildren. Other that popping a pill again I have pretty much tried everything else other than running away to that cottage by the sea and sadly thats not likey to happen any time soon.

I hope you two are both well and I thank you so much for all you do.

PN xx

2000 Sertraline

• Moderator Emeritus

Please update the above information with when you stopped escitalopram and with the recent reinstatement dose and date.  Thank you.

Hi PN,

Welcome back, and so sorry that you've been suffering this much 😞

The peri-menopause is a very challenging time of life (I am at the start), and considering HRT.,

Thinking of you, and really hope your situation will improve.  It's good you're back here for support.

TC,

JC xx

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome