ashesinlought Checking in- Kind of freaked out

ashesinloght

i will try today.. I am feeling so nauseous and ill and can barely move.  Is this withdraw?  wtf?  It doesnt feel like a cold or anything.

may 2015 - prescribed Lexapro 10mg started at 1.25mg and worked up - horrible reactions but kept going
june 2015 - decided I did not like Lexapro only got up to 7.5mg decided to taper
aug 2015 - Quit 1.25 mg on Aug 15th and have had severe withdraw for 3 weeks so far
Sept 10th 2015 Still experience intense nervous system activity -Not sure whether to reinstate? What mg to reinstate at?

Sucked really bad not sure it ever ended or where the withdraw ended and I began...

New Saga after worst nightmare above . Really trying to hang in their I cant believe I have to go through this again

May 2016 Zoloft 12.5 1 week to 25 1 week - Didnt like it. Titrating down to 18.75 for 4 days to 12.5 for days then told by doctor to do every other day for 1 week of 12.5 then every 3 days for 1 week. 

June 5th Last 6mg dose  ok with slight intense head tension and out of it, really tired Sun June 12th night terrors, fear and darkness all around tried to reinstate 6mg got a headache with it that day and then stopped . Last ferw days the tension in head and back have gotten progressively worse. Not sure what to do now kind fucked it all up.

Is this withdraw?  I mean really nauseous and low energy.  stomach feeling so terrible.  This is crazy!

Edited by scallywag
moved from topic created in Tapering forum

may 2015 - prescribed Lexapro 10mg started at 1.25mg and worked up - horrible reactions but kept going
june 2015 - decided I did not like Lexapro only got up to 7.5mg decided to taper
aug 2015 - Quit 1.25 mg on Aug 15th and have had severe withdraw for 3 weeks so far
Sept 10th 2015 Still experience intense nervous system activity -Not sure whether to reinstate? What mg to reinstate at?

Sucked really bad not sure it ever ended or where the withdraw ended and I began...

New Saga after worst nightmare above . Really trying to hang in their I cant believe I have to go through this again

May 2016 Zoloft 12.5 1 week to 25 1 week - Didnt like it. Titrating down to 18.75 for 4 days to 12.5 for days then told by doctor to do every other day for 1 week of 12.5 then every 3 days for 1 week. 

June 5th Last 6mg dose  ok with slight intense head tension and out of it, really tired Sun June 12th night terrors, fear and darkness all around tried to reinstate 6mg got a headache with it that day and then stopped . Last ferw days the tension in head and back have gotten progressively worse. Not sure what to do now kind fucked it all up.

• Moderator Emeritus

ashes: Nausea is a symptom of antidepressant withdrawal. Try to stay calm. I can't tell you when the nausea will pass, but can assure that it will.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully all of this will subside or lessen when you reinstate a small bit.

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ashes - 90% of your body's serotonin is in the gut.  You can google "enteric brain" - you know, that "gut feeling" which is smarter than you are, we often credit it to "intuition."  

Or you can read here:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3413-digestive-problems-nausea-diarrhea-bloating-gerd/

Symptoms shift and change as you heal.  Here is a list of most common symptoms of withdrawal / reaction (the symptoms are very similar):

Did you decide to reinstate .5 mg Zoloft?  Or have you decided to tough it out?

I hope you feel better, soon.

Reading your history - Lexapro is a scary strong drug, and it's no surprise that you had difficulty with it, even at the lower doses that you did.  Zoloft is not as strong (I remember when my Doctor in the 90's called it "baby Prozac!") but now that you've been whipped around a few times, you are likely extremely sensitive.

Think of a reinstatement as almost homeopathic - just a tiny tiny amount of what bit you, to see if is settles your symptoms.  So tiny that doctors will tell you it's "useless."  So tiny that the side effect profile is minimized.  And if you do try a tiny reinstatement - please - at the first sign of reaction, discontinue.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Administrator

I am sorry you are going through this, ashes. It seems your nervous system has been destabilized from Lexapro, Lexapro withdrawal, and all the treatments you've had since, including the Zoloft.

It can take a long time for the nervous system to very gradually recover from this kind of iatrogenic upset. If there was a shortcut -- some drug or treatment that would quickly resolve your problems -- we would tell you.

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.