SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

CitizenSnips in Australia - coming off 13 years of Luvox

CitizenSnips

Hello everyone, and what an incredible find - I'm simply amazed at the job the moderators are doing. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

I've been taking Luvox, 100mg (most of the time) from 2002-20015. I attempted to taper off them in 2011 over 2-3 months, was fine for another month, but then was hit with the usual extreme dread, horror, anxiety, etc. - no need to spell it out here, I think! My regular doctor was quite dismissive, and said I was feeling what I'd naturally be feeling without antidepressants, implying that I should just power through the withdrawal symptoms to be off them. I lasted 2 weeks before resuming at the previous dosage, which worked well at stopping withdrawal symptoms. 

In July 2015, I saw a psychiatrist about medication change, and was put on mirtazapine 30mg. She had me stop the Luvox over only 3 days, as I was starting mirtazapine immediately. I was a little concerned about such a quick cessation of the fluvoxamine - however, I assumed that the new medication would offset any withdrawal symptoms. I had the usual 'electric shocks', which ended after a month or so. The mirtazapine worked well initially, but became intolerable after 6 weeks or so because of severe agitation/increased aggression/suicidal impulses. 

Essentially then, I seem to have ended up going cold turkey, coming off fluvoxamine after 13 years, and probably mirtazapine after 6 weeks.

The withdrawal syndrome, at this point, seems not as severe as the 2011 episode, mainly due to a big improvement in coping strategies/personal growth, meaning I've finally facing some of the problems I had when first starting antidepressants; yesterday was actually quite good, in fact better than before starting any tablets at all. Today things aren't as great, and I'm concerned that things may get even worse as time passes.

I finally read last week, on this site, about the need to taper very very slowly, so I attempted to reinstate the fluvoxamine on a very small dose (25mg), thinking to then taper using the '10%' method. The withdrawal symptoms worsened the next day, so currently feeling like my nervous system has become 'oversensitized', and I've missed the 'window' of reinstating - meaning I may be stuck with the cold turkey.

Would anyone have any advice about whether to keep trying with the reinstatement? I'm not persisting with it, as from the info I've seen here I might have discovered it's not going to work for me. 

Alternatively, should I just ride out the withdrawal? I know it's going to be tough, but, in the end, is this the most sensible thing to do at this point? Have I perhaps already done the hard yards towards purging the effects of antidepressants from my system?

Again, blown away by the amazing work being done here, by ALL members of this community.

- Luvox 100mg from 2002-20015 
- Attempted to taper off them in 2011 over 2-3 months, hit with extreme dread, horror, anxiety, etc.
- Resumed at the previous dosage, which worked well at stopping withdrawal symptoms
- July 2015, saw psychiatrist about medication, was put on mirtazapine 30mg, had me stop the Luvox over 3 days, as I was starting mirtazapine immediately, had the usual 'electric shocks' which ended after a month or so, so essentially fluvoxamine CT since then

- Mirtazapine worked well, but became intolerable after 6 weeks - agitation/increased aggression/suicidal impulses
- Withdrawal syndrome, at this point, not as severe as the 2011 episode, mainly due to better coping/thinking improvements; some days actually quite good, better than before starting any tablets at all
- Finally read need to taper very slowly, attempted to start on Luvox on very small dose (25mg), symptoms worsened quickly, started going through the usual hell

- 9/10/15 back on 50mg of Luvox with GP's help and 5 days of Valium, worked well; will stabilize for a few months then taper 10% method over a year

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CitizenSnips,

Welcome to the forum (from another Victorian!)   We have a thread on reinstating, not sure if you have read it - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

It could be that you reinstated at too high a dose.   You say that your symptoms worsened quickly, what withdrawal symptoms do you have this time around, how did they change with the reinstatment?   we need a clearer picture before indicating what we would do if we were in your situation.

Dalsaan

Thanks for completing your signature

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Hi Dalsaan, thank you for replying so promptly! Rather cold at the moment, isn't it! :)

I have indeed read the thread on reinstating, all excellent advice.

This time around, I'm feeling the usual extreme anxiety that has been spoken about many times round the site, with muscle contractions/tension in my right leg and arm as well. So far I've only had a few flashes of the utter doom and emotional despair that characterized the last episode. Up to this point, I've been able to eventually ground myself (with much effort) in terms of techniques to deal with anxiety issues, and was in fact feeling basically great about the future, but after trying the 25mg in the morning, by afternoon I felt overwhelmed again. May just be a coincidence?

Even though I'd actually been pretty good in the few days previous, I knew that these things can go downhill unexpectedly, and I certainly did not do the 10% tapering method - hence why I thought I should reinstate and taper off properly. I've also now read about the difficulties coming off ADs after having been on them for many years, and I've gotten worried about potential bad times ahead.

Should I try at even smaller dose, 10mg? Or should I even go back to the 100mg, as that seemed to work before and taper off correctly from there?

- Attempted to taper off them in 2011 over 2-3 months, hit with extreme dread, horror, anxiety, etc.
- Resumed at the previous dosage, which worked well at stopping withdrawal symptoms
- July 2015, saw psychiatrist about medication, was put on mirtazapine 30mg, had me stop the Luvox over 3 days, as I was starting mirtazapine immediately, had the usual 'electric shocks' which ended after a month or so, so essentially fluvoxamine CT since then

- Mirtazapine worked well, but became intolerable after 6 weeks - agitation/increased aggression/suicidal impulses
- Withdrawal syndrome, at this point, not as severe as the 2011 episode, mainly due to better coping/thinking improvements; some days actually quite good, better than before starting any tablets at all
- Finally read need to taper very slowly, attempted to start on Luvox on very small dose (25mg), symptoms worsened quickly, started going through the usual hell

- 9/10/15 back on 50mg of Luvox with GP's help and 5 days of Valium, worked well; will stabilize for a few months then taper 10% method over a year

Currently feeling a lot worse now! Feel like it's starting to go downhill. Decided to try and reinstate at 50mg and stick with it, after a few hours no major reaction, so thinking it might be ok to keep going.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi CS and welcome from me too.

I'm a bit confused about your recent attempt at reinstatement. 

What date did you reinstate 25mg? After having a bad reaction in the afternoon, did you continue to take the 25mg daily or stop taking it again?

Did you read the reinstatement topic Dalsaan posted for you? Yes, I see you did. I will highlight a few points from it:

How long should you give reinstatement?

• It takes at least 4 days for your body to fully register the addition of a neuroactive drug. Unless you have an immediate bad reaction, observe your symptom pattern for about a week to see if the reinstatement is helping. If you have an immediate bad reaction, reduce or stop taking the drug.
  • After reinstatement, the amount of time needed to alleviate withdrawal symptoms (stabilizing) varies according to the individual. Relief can be felt immediately, after some weeks, or after some months.
  • Once you feel withdrawal symptoms are reduced after reinstatement, give your nervous system time to stabilize before attempting dosage reduction. Think in terms of months, not days.
  • Be patient after you reinstate. Reinstatement may not immediately eliminate all withdrawal symptoms. You may still experience waves of symptoms, which usually lessen as time goes on.

It sounded like you had a bad reaction to 25mg, which would indicate that it was too much. But if you are feeling ok on 50mg and your symptoms don't get worse, then I would probably stay with that until you stabilize. But please understand that you are likely to have waves of symptoms as part of the process, read the waves link above. Its important not to keep jumping around in dose as you are trying to stabilize, also see:

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Administrator

Welcome, CitizenSnips.

Yes, when was the last time you took fluvoxamine?

You might do better with 5mg.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi folks, thankyou so much for replying!

I improved with the 50mg after a day, so I've decided to try reinstating back today to my full dose of 100mg, and then over the next year taper off properly using the 10% method. This will mean I'm going back on after about 7 weeks off.

I'm going to stick to this in keeping with the '3 K's' approach - for 13 years I was at 100mg, so I'll go back to what my body has been used to, and hope it'll treat the last two months of cessation/change of tablet as an aberration. 

In my previous (awful) attempt to taper off too quickly a few years ago, I reinstated back to full dose successfully after about 2 months off, so I'm fairly confident this may be ok again.

I'm feeling improved already, still a bit to go, but symptoms about 50% reduced.

• Moderator Emeritus

These are really powerful drugs, why not wait a couple of days to see whether you stabalise on the lower dose?   It takes 4 days at any given rate of reinstatement for the drug to build up in your system.  More is not necessarily better.

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Dalsaan, why not see if you can stabilize on 50mg. If you can, it means that you have less to taper off. If you feel ok in a couple of weeks on 50mg, you could then continue to hold  for another month or two, then consider a slow safe taper from that.

You are starting to feel better already, that's good, you are starting to stabilize. Making another big jump in dose so soon could possibly have a negative effect.

Many people become very sensitive to drugs and supplements after they've experienced withdrawal symptoms for even a short time. Do not count on taking the big risks you used to take. Make changes slowly.

Introducing a drug or supplement or changing a dosage very gradually gives you the ability to sample how it might affect you before you go too far.

A big dose or big change probably will cause a worse bad reaction than a very small dose or change. You can injure your nervous system pretty badly with a big change -- it might take you months or years to feel better.

The rule of 3KIS: Keep it simple. Keep it slow. Keep it stable.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thanks guys!

I felt like I was faced with a 50/50 decision yesterday to make about reinstating with LESS than 25mg or MORE, honestly it was like a coin toss. I decided to try more, seeing as it's worked for me before. Seemed to work a bit, so took 100mg this morning, thinking it might stop the withdrawals quicker. today things seemed to get even worse, I visited the doctor to get some emergency sedative of some sort just to try to ride out the next few days of stabilizing.

He gave me Seroquel 25mg, I took one, fell asleep immediately, now an hour later I'm feeling perhaps 10x worse. I grilled him about potential interactions etc, and he showed me all the relevant docs saying there's no danger etc. Which I'm sure is true, but still I'm far worse. My heart rate is about 140, and I'm extremely anxious. 

What the hell did he give me?? Was it utterly wrong?? I was just after something to get through the next days before my system recognized the Luvox again.

So, bottom line question for all you wonderful, patient people about where to go from here - should I just Keep It Simple and stick to 50mg a day for a while, not screwing with dosage, riding out any horrible feelings, and not complicating anything with extra 'emergency' sedatives? Just stop fiddling with it all?

I just have no idea why I feel worse - either reinstating hasn't kicked in yet, I've taken too much, or I haven't taken enough!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi from Sydney CitizenSnips , welcome to the site.    I agree with the excellent advice and suggestions you've been given so far by the mods. 

It sounds like you've had an adverse reaction to taking 100mg . . . it's just much too big of a dose.

The fact that you felt a significant improvement reinstating 50mg suggests 50mg is where you should stay at the moment.

Seroquel is a very sedating drug and is often used in conjunction with ssri's.  If you want to check any drug interactions , use the interaction

checker at www.drugs.com.  

You are still experiencing the effects of a massive dose (100mg) of Luvox and that's going to take a few days to settle.

Your system already recognized the 50mg Luvox . . . your job now is to keep things stable.

Once again , It takes at least 4 days for your body to fully register the addition of a neuroactive drug. (That is , unless you have an

adverse reaction like you did).

Best wishes ,  Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Fresh, thankyou very much, more Australians! :)

Looking at everything I suppose all anyone can surmise is that 100mg was too much, and 50 seems to be the best bet to just stick to. 

I'm totally confused about the Seroquel though - I'm now feeling worse (I think) than my initial withdrawal in 2011, how could one very low dosage tablet (25mg) 4 hours ago have made me feel so terrible? Is it still the 100mg dose of Luvox kicking in? 

N

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey , I suspect it's still the 100mg dose of Luvox.  Remember it's designed to be released over 24 hours , so you've still got some time to go.  

The seroquel might have dampened it for a bit , allowing you to sleep.

That's my best guess.

You'll find other kinfolk in the Australia room , in the Relationships section. Pop in and say hi.

Let us know how things are in the morning bud.

:)  

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Administrator

To Keep It Simple, we advise against throwing any new drugs, even at what you think is a low dose.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi guys, thankyou thankyou thankyou for all the advice!

Had a terrible night, but it eventually came down from the horrible place I was in.

Today I'm back to feeling bad - about 60% of last night's worst, but still up from the decent place I eventually got to last night. Could I be more confusing?

I seem to have read somewhere here that the start of the day is often worse...?

My god, the interminable tracking of every bloody change!

This morning I've taken 50mg of Luvox.

Just one more question - I'm just stuck on a razor's edge decision here and I have no idea what to do: should I just knuckle down and persist with 50mg, or am I just still feeling awful because even 50mg is far too much?? Which way do I go??

Thankyou again, I'm sure everyone is just flat out in their own lives - and still you're taking time to help out strangers in the internet!

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately because you have been all over the shop with medications it is hard to know with any certainty what is going on.  I suspect the 100 Lovox was too much for an already out of whack nervous system and while the seroquel knocked you out initially, your system didnt like it.   So you are probably having two lots of adverse effects on top of withdrawal.   

If it was me, I would go right back to a very low dose like 5 mg and wait and see what happens over the next week or so.   It might get rough but as you have seen there is no magic answer and at this stage you appear to be throwing fuel onto a fire.

You need to listen to your body, it ramped up on what you have take over the last few days because it was too much.   Back it off and hope that over a week or so it will calm down and you will stabalise your system.   More is not better here as you have just learnt the hard way.

Keep telling yourself 'this is withdrawal and it will pass'.

D

However (and I'm just playing devil's advocate here), seeing as I was on Luvox 100 mg for 13 years, would it not make sense to try and reinstate at closer to what my body has been used to for so long? 

Still my central question - am I feeling withdrawal, or am I feeling too much Luvox?

I've read your signature too Dalsaan, hope you're going well with everything too!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello CitizenSnips,

I'll leave it to the more experienced to share their advice, but I wanted to empathise with you about being utterly confused as to what is causing what, and whether to go up or down or stay stable... so many options. 

It is horribly confusing, and we feel the pressure to make a decision quickly because everything is so painful - body, emotions - everything.  It has, to date, taken me about four months to learn that I need to let everything settle, and then only make tiny changes - so I now do turtle tapering.  For us who have had so many different med changes and dose changes and attempted withdrawals, it is vital to be extra gentle with our brains and bodies.  Actually, I do an extra-slow turtle taper, maybe at the speed of a blind-folded turtle with a sore foot...

I know it is hideously hard when you are in the place you're in right now, but I hope you can just hold on for a bit more - you'll get there, and you'll find ways to soothe youself and nourish your brain so at least it's registering that there is some goodness, some hope.  That's your starting ground.

Take care,

Karen 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't say for sure what you are experiencing. I am guessing you are feeling the effects of too much Luvox in the contest of withdrawal. People often receive relief from much lower doses that what they were on and it is less likely to trigger adverse reactions from a system that has been sensitised by changes. That is why I would take a very low dose over a week or so and see what happens.

That's the best support I can give you. No one can know what's happening exactly. I have given you my best guess and spelt out my reasons for doing so.

I am sorry I can't provide greater clarity. No clarity exists. We all have to make decisions in the face of great uncertainty. It's one of the hardest things about this whole experience.

Dalsaan

Dalsaan and KarenB, thankyou again so very much - there really isn't a straight answer to be found, is there? You make a very good case Dalsaan about the very low dose, I'll just have to sleep on it and make a decision in the morning I think.

And KarenB - that's exactly what I plan to do, stabilize on something at least then taper at a glacier's pace! The thing I'm so up in air about is what dosage to stabilize on...

Hi guys, just an update - I saw an absolutely fantastic GP in Melbourne (specializing in mental health issues, sensible and pragmatic) who advised me to go back on to 50mg of fluvoxamine to stabilize, with the help of up to 20mg of Valium a day to deal with the anxiety until my system adjusted.

I'm now back to feeling 90% normal again; I only needed to take Valium for about 5 days and now I've stopped for 2. I'm ready to stay the course for a few months, then a long long long taper off.

Thankyou again X 1000 for everyone's support! I'll keep updating to show you how I'm going, in case anyone can learn from my situation.