Dr talks about supplements during withdrawal from ssris and benzos

Vonnegutjunky

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

First of all, he is an ND and not a medical doctor.   As many of us have found through experience, they are just as clueless regarding withdrawal issues.  He also uses supplements to get people off of psych meds and as many of us have found out, they can worsen withdrawal issues.

I don't mean to be the voice of negativity as one who was guilty of using way too many supplements in desperation.  I just urge people to be very careful and don't let desperation cause you to make decisions you may regret.

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• 3 weeks later...

I've had some trouble with naturopaths and Homeopaths. Usually they recommend diets that do work for WD. I know it helped me but the supplements and detoxes I was given while in immense physical pain mostly stomach pain definitely didn't help. My stomach only started to heal

When I left it alone.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy