SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hope113: Hello justo need some little help

Hope113

Ill post muy info later bit basically i las INE year taking 2.5 lexapro. Didnt feel like myself,had quite common ups and downs on my mood though not very extreme but was really confused and isolated in my reality. After a trip to ghana which i enjoyed but felt i wasnt really good i decided to quit cold turkey. I didnt care. The first week were more or less the same. Then i was quite anxious and confused for two weeks but was able to enjoy the last days of summer. I went back to the city in september, and meeting my friends i felt a bit more connected and less bumpy and more relaxed. But one week ago i started uni. And its quite stressing. Ive passed from being alone and numbed the last whole year to boom reality, i dont think the withdrawal helps. The first days of uni i could feel some things in my mind and body that were going differently and better like i could express better my emotions. Currently for to say a good thing i am more talkative and social but i feel stressed or not completwly happy inside which happens the majority of the day. Id appreciate any advice on hoe to cope. I thibk the best thing is just being conscious about my situation and try to keep things low in my life. Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Hope113, welcome to SA. I am sorry that you are suffering withdrawal after quitting lexapro cold turkey, sadly it is not easy to quit the anti depressants and they need very careful tapering. You may feel better if you reinstate a small dose of lexapro, 0.5 mg might be enough to stop the worst withdrawal symptoms. Most people do not want to go back on the drug but it is the only way to stop the withdrawal.Once you are stable you can then start to taper slowly from that small dose.  Here is the topic on reinstating to stabilise, it might help you to decide. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

And the topic for tapering lexapro

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/406-tapering-off-lexapro-escitalopram/

It will help us if you can put your drug history in your signature, you can see how to do that here.. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Mentor

Hello hope and welcome!  We are here if you need us......................   good luck!  But do keep in mind, for some withdrawals actually take months to hit..............    I tapered over 3 months, took 6 months for me to crash..............

We are all different, but we are all here to help if you need us!

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

hi 'hope113' welcome to SA.

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

• Moderator Emeritus

thank you but i dont want to play with doses, from what ive read withdrawal hits people that have tapered slowly. Thw side effects i dont want them.

Withdrawal is kept to a minimum with a very slow taper that reduces by no more than 10% of the current dose with at least 4 weeks between cuts. If there are any withdrawal symptoms it means the taper is too fast and should be slowed down.  I do understand why you don't want to reinstate and that is your choice, hopefully you will recover quickly. There are many topics in the symptoms and self care section that discuss supplements and non drug ways of coping with withdrawal. I'm sure you will find some useful information there.

Many people find that fish oil capsules help tremendously and it is worth trying them, also magnesuim which can be very calming. any supplements should be started at a low dose and increased gradually.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Keep us updated on how you are doing. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible