Offeverything27: Pssd healings

Offeverything27

So, I've come to terms with pssd. I've accepted that I have it, and that no one recovers from it. I've tracked down several members who've claimed recovery only to find that they actually haven't recovered.

How can one wake up every day feelings cold and lifeless, knowing that everyone else is living in a completely different world?

During this acceptance phase I've lost my job, my car, my fiancé, my goals and hopes for the future. I've lost my grip on reality.

I will donate my brain, which will be soon. I don't care what anyone says about how vulgur that may sound. Something good has to come from me losing my life to this.

How do I go about this? I believe that nerves In my brain were weakened and at some point they just completely lost connections. The nerves weren't being used because the medication so they eventually went away forever trapping my soul outside of myself.

Could stem cells revive these lost connections? If so, they would have to know what nerves died off. I'm sure these.

Hypothalamus

Yes, this is the area of my brain in assuming was permanently compromised from Effexor

This part of my brain isn't connected anymore. I can feel it. Who do I contact about this . If this is going to kill me I want to know for damn sure that they can find out what happened and come up with a plan to help others recover either through stem cells or a form of electrical stimulation

Weaned off Effexor XR 75mg after one year of use

I'm experiencing the most debilitating symptoms ever imaginable

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

Last dose was in august '15 after  weaning off for 6 months

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Offeverything27

• Altostrata

• brassmonkey

• dalsaan

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I've merged your new thread with your old one, there is one thread per person in the introductions forum

Why the sudden change in outlook between your latest post and the one before it? I think this damage is temporary and I know that convincing yourself it's permanent is a self fulfilling prophecy because that puts so much stress on your nervous system that healing becomes difficult

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Administrator

It is absolutely untrue that no one recovers from PSSD.

Do what you can to live the best life you can right now without worrying about something that might not happen.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

• Administrator

What do you think the answer is to that, Off?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I have

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

• Administrator

Off, that just plain doesn't make sense. We have Success Stories right here that beg to differ.

Please stop this. Stop putting so much effort into making yourself feel worse. This isn't good for you and it isn't good for the community.

Direct your thoughts towards healing, not exaggerating your fears. Aren't you seeing a therapist for this? You need to practice it all the time.

Alto.

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

• Administrator

Yes, I have and I can tell you, it does get better.

However, you ask these kinds of questions constantly and you don't seem to believe the answers when we tell you healing does happen. This is frustrating.

You need to find that consolation within yourself. If you want to keep digging at yourself with hopelessness, that's a self-harming behavior we can't fix for you. We can't support it, either, this site is about people taking care of themselves. Think about it.

I think we can improve pssd . I significantly improved in recent months . I am still very tired , bad digestion , however the pssd improved , which has concerned me lately is the extreme tiredness .

Improvements: no palpitations , less bad waves.

Symptoms remaining : nervous system sensitive , intense fatigue , sensitive intestine.

8 years on lexapro/ 18 months off

I'm sure it's possible, but I don't have nerve pain. My problem is I can't sleep properly. And it's because I'm low on dopamine. When I take medications that affect dopamine j don't have typical reactions compared to someone who doesn't have pssd. And why do people with pssd go back on micro doses of the antidepressant just to have the pssd go away? If it were neuropathy, the. The medication would only aggregate the neuropathy right. I've spoken with and read of tons of people who have pssd, they go back on the medication and the pssd lifts within days. Like their brain is still in that same state the antidepressant left them in. Anti depressants take weeks to work because they depend on a change in brain chemistry to become effective.

The truth is no one knows and it's possible no one might understand for a long ass time until they start to understand how these medications actually work.

No one really truly understand how these meds work, there are theories. Equations and hypothesis. Well, there's a lot still missing in this equation. I can't sit around waiting the rest of my life waiting. I don't have the luxury of time. I can't function in this state. My family is falling apart. My life is being consumed by medical bills I'm stuck with after attempting suicide from this &:!?;&& pssd. I just got a 12k$ bill .

How do we contact this guy? I really want this guys email address. Not that he would respond but it would be worth a try

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

Life was so beautiful . Everything was beautiful. Even the ugly things had feelings attached to them. Now I couldn't get excited if my life depended on it. And the people that move on are the people that forget who they used to be. I can't forget, I just can't. This is ******* bullsh*t. It's affecti my family people that I loved and love me it's killing them

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

• Administrator

There is no such thing as "low on dopamine" (except for Parkinson's disease). That is more of the "chemical imbalance" nonsense.

You might find that you feel better if you got more sleep. Sleeplessness is a common withdrawal symptom. See Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

Rather than endlessly brooding, which makes you feel worse, putting effort into making yourself feel better will help you recover faster.

Why does 5htp take away my pssd completely?? Because I have nueropathy? Are you serious?

-pssd

-Emotional Numbness

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a harsh time Offeverything.

I can only assume you weaned off Effexor too quickly for your brain to keep up with if you're

having dreadful symptoms.

Please don't bite my head off , but have you considered trying a small amount , say 10 beads ,to

see if they reduce your symptoms?

Obviously reinstating isn't the ideal , but you need to be there for your family , and it might do the trick.

It's only 2 months since you stopped , so there's every chance it's a good option.

Remember , we're in a dance with the devil here . . . we need to play smart.

See  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Why does 5htp take away my pssd completely??

Offeverything are you saying that 5htp has cured the pssd.

You say you know of people who ri and pssd went away do you know anyone who ri after 5 years drug free and the pssd went away ??

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I think we can improve pssd . I significantly improved in recent months . I am still very tired , bad digestion , however the pssd improved , which has concerned me lately is the extreme tiredness .

When91 Would you be so kind s to put up your drug sig . Were you on paxil?  If so for how long and how did you taper off?

I'm currently thinking rightly or wrongly indefiniteness of  damage done may be a function of taper speed.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I have pssd too. I recently realized that. Since August at least I've had no libido. The "love" part of my brain is dead. I'm devastated over this. From what I understand and read pssd doesn't get better, it's permanent.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Bump!

I lost track of you, Offeverything, because another new person posted about anhedonia and I remembered you!  I'm sorry that my own cognitive issues allowed me to lose track of you to begin with.  I am just so amazed at the turn-around in your story here!  I am curious to know how you are doing today, because this is surely a story headed for the Success Story folder!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

• 2 years later...

How are you offeverything?

Zoloft 50 mg from April 23, 2015 to August 28th, 2016 (1 year, 4 months).

4 week taper. Last dose on August 28, 2016

Mianserin 30 mg in an attempt to reverse PSSD from September 6th, 2017–around mid November 2017 after a few week taper. Did not fix PSSD

Currently taking: Melatonin and magnesium every night.