How To ReBuild & Strengthen Your Nervous System

Darwin

Great watch 

Summer 2013: started on Prozac for OCD

Fall 2013: started Lexapro due to Prozac zombie effects

Stopped Lexapro because of lack of empathy/emotion,anxiety,lack of concentration etc.

Fall 2014: switched to zoloft 

February 2015: started effexor quit C/D after 2 weeks.

April 2015: was on zoloft for a month again to try and wean a bit more slowly. DID not work.

May 2015: dumped all of my medications

July 2015: Struggling day to day with withdrawal symptoms but hopeful that I'll be better at the end of august for the next school year.

I did not catch the herbal supplements you recommended...could you please write them for us? I thought the video was great by the way. I am thinking that I need to work on mindfulness and letting go of my very negative fearful, tense and panicky thought patterns.

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

• Administrator

Please take this video as one person's idea about how to live a healthy life. The Internet is filled with personal testimonials like this. The methods recommended may or may not apply to you. Try anything very carefully, don't jump into a regimen you read about on the Web.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Also be aware that this is connected to a herb company, which is one of the ones he promotes in the description text below the video on youtube. Not saying that that makes him wrong, but it doesn't suggest the possibility of bias.

Underlying Condition Chronic Daily Headache (NDPH)

April-July 2008: Cipralex (10mg) and Elavil. CT both in July.

Sept-Dec 2008: Cipralex (10mg). Started too abruptly, ended with short taper. No WD.

Jan-Mar 2009: Elavil. No + or - effects.

Sept 2009-July 2014: Cipralex (10mg). Tapered over approx. 1 month (5 mg, then off).

Apr-Aug 2014: Gabapentin. Tapered over three weeks.

Sept-Dec 2014: Sertraline. Side effects. On doc's orders, tapered by going to 25mg for 5 days, then off.

Dec 2014-ongoing: Withdrawal: flu-like symptoms, insomnia, weakness/paresthesia, dizziness, agitation.

March 2015: reinstated, over a few weeks, 5mg Cipralex

June/July 2015: upped to 10mg Cipralex, no noticeable effects on above symptoms, but still taking it.

Summer 2015: less insomnia and dizziness, more anxiety and depression with strong paresthesia/akathisia, waves and windows (fluctuating a few days at a time typically).

Thank you, Alto and Undo. You are absolutely right, of course. My nervous system is so fried right now, my hope is that something will help. I already take fish oil and vitamin B12. I also take magnesium as part of my regimen for hypoparathyroidism.

I am just having a hard time since I dropped from 10 mg to 7.5 mg 12 days ago. As a matter of fact, I am considering reinstating since I am having a terrible time with insomnia, agitated anxiety (bordering on panic) and the like. I was doing fairly well, adjusting to the decreased doses until this decrease on 9/16. It seems that all my senses are heightened and my pulse is racing all the time. I can sleep for about 5 hours and then I wake up in a panic.

I have tried meditation as well but have a hard time quieting my mind. I signed up to Heaspace and tried the 10 minute mediation. I also work out and this helps a little, but the anxiety returns within an hour of my work outs (or sooner).

This is as bad as I have felt in a while. I wonder if I should reinstate to 10 mg or just go up to 8.5 mg (from 7.5 mg). I am so afraid that my insurance will not cover my liquid Paxil next year, or whether my physician will not be willing to cooperate with the taper anymore (it took a lot for me to get a prescription for the liquid in the first place...)...This is why I am anxious to get done with the taper.  Anyway, this is awful. I need to work and am recently married and am so afraid...

Thank you.

Username: quitpaxil2015 - Started antidepressants sometime in 1990. Misdiagnosed with Bipolar, but later with thyroid disease in1998 (8 years of being on several different psychiatric meds with several psychiatric hospitalizations). Total thyroidectomy in 1999. At the time, was on 85 mg of Paxil. In 2001, tried to get off Paxil and had car crash due to vertigo and w/d symptoms. Given more psychiatric meds including Prozac and Trazodone to treat SEVERE w/d from Paxil - which is the only reason I still take Paxil. Tried to taper off Paxil again in 2004  - from 25 mg to 20 mg (5 mg cuts) - had to go back on 25 mg on the 10th day of the taper due to inability to function (dizziness, vertigo, motion sickness, crying spells, depersonalization, etc). Currently on Paxil 25 mg and Trazodone 100 mg. Trying to quit Paxil in 2015. April 22, 2015 - Paxil 22.5 mg. May 13, 2015 Paxil 20 mg. June 3, 2015 - Paxil 17.5 mg. June 24, 2015 - Paxil 15 mg. Don't remember  - 12.5 mg. August 5, 2015 - Paxil 10 mg. September 16, 2015 - 7.5 mg (considering going back up - severe anxiety/panic) September 28, 2015 - back up to 10 mg. October 6, 2015  - back up to 15 mg.   :unsure:

• Moderator Emeritus

Quitpaxil,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough go. I understand the factors going into your desire to move fast, but a 25% cut is too fast and it is not surprising it has thrown your CNS for a loop.  I think that going back up and/or going up to an inbetween level makes the most sense.  You don't want to get into a pattern where you are "behind the curve" all the way down.

Just my thoughts,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Thank you, Andy. Actually, right now I am in terrible emotional pain. I just reinstated to 10 mg since getting home. Will need to go back up since I completely lost it today. My symptoms are terribly physical - complete panic attack and very light headedness. 

I came home and flipped out and my husband and I agreed that I need to reinstate. I guess my CNS had been thrown for a loop. 

Now I am afraid I will not stabilize on 10 mg again. And tomorrow I have a big meetings at work and I am afraid of what may happen. Due to my position I cannot be seen like this - I have to work to keep my insurance. I am so afraid right now. I only have 8 days of vacation/sick leave and no support at work. I work for someone who would not understand this at all and I cannot share what is going on.

I am so afraid I will never be able to get off this poison! 

You can get off. You just have to do it super slow. I've been on 40mg for 19 years. Started a taper last year but I crashed so had to reinstate back to 40 but in a few months I will try again and plan on going very very slow this time.

It might take me a few years to get off but that's ok. I can't handle the withdrawl symptoms. Steady and slow wins the race :-)

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

We will do it Dreamspirit! The main thing is to be functional right now. I know you reinstated - how are you feeling since July?

My biggest fear is going into the hospital (say, after an accident) and being innadvertendly taken off Paxil then who knows?? Other scenarios abound as well. I guess we need to take day by day and hour by hour if needed. So scary...

Yes, it is very scary..it's been 13 weeks since I reinstated and it's better. I've been having waves and windows here and there. It might take me a few months to fully restablize bUT the next time I taper will be very very slow. If it takes me 10 years to taper that's ok as long as I don't have bad withdrawl.

How are you feeling?

Been on Paxil since 96”-97”, 40mg tried 3 times to get off and didn’t work, started a very slow taper Jan 2016, have only dropped down by 3 mg.. on 37mg currently.. have very delayed withdrawals. Last drop was in July 2017.. still have waves and windows. 

Magnesium 200mg, foilc acid 1 mg, vitamin d3 5000iu, Blood pressure meds-Verapamil & Irbesartan... Smoke cbd flower once in awhile. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy