wilderness92: Ringing in the ears and head noises in morning

wilderness92

I slowly tapered Cipralex in a course of 2 years time i.e from April 2013 till April 2015. I was only taking  0.15mg that too twice a month for last few months. As long as I was on medicine I was functioning well. But once I stopped taking the medicine completely, there was a plethora of infections and allergies hitting me like a ton of bricks. However I was alright coping with these symptoms telling myself that these phases will pass. In mid of July 2015, I started noticing buzzing in my ears. Which is extremely aggravated in morning but lessened as the day progressed. The frequency kep increasing, I went to ENT Doctor, he said everything seems alright and suggested me Cobalmin & Ginkgo Biloba Extracts for better blood supply. I have tried Accupuncture but to no avail. Yesterday my anxiety drove me back to my psychiatrist and he has reinstated me back on Cipralex 5mg AND Alprazolam 0.25 mg.

Was started on cipralex 10mg in February 2012

Moved up to 20mg within a month

1st attempt to quit in december 2012

in April 2013 was put back on 10mg cipralex because of debilitating withdrawals.

tappered with extreme caution from 10mg to .15mg from April 2013 till April 2015

started having terrible withdrawals in July 2015

took 2 doses of 5mg on September 24 and September 25 2015 because of blurred vision anxiety

and ear and head noise.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome wilderness92,

I moved your introductory post from our symptoms forum to a Journal thread of its own. This way more people will notice it, and you can  use this thread to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions and communicate with the community, add to it whenever you want.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't fell well since coming off Cipralex. Ringing in the ears and other head sounds are common withdrawal symptoms, we have a topic about it: Head noise and other symptoms in the head

How did you taper off Cipralex, from what you have written, it sounds like you did it by skipping doses, but I'm not sure. Missing doses is not a good way to taper, it can lead to withdrawal symptoms and a destabilized nervous system.

Have you started taking the new drugs your doctor has given you? Is this what you want to do? This is a support forum for coming off drugs and for healing from withdrawal syndrome, if you want to go back on your medication and add more drugs, that's your decision, but I'm not sure how we can help with that.

If you want to reinstate a very small amount of Cipralex to try and eliminate withdrawal symptoms, I would recommend starting with a very small amount like .5mg or even less, that may be enough to stop your symptoms, then when you stabilize on that, you could start a proper taper.

If you take Alprazolam regularly, you will likely become dependent on it and that will also need to be tapered if you want to stop taking it.

Here are some topics which may help:

About reinstating and stabilizing to stop withdrawal symptoms

Why Taper By 10% of My Dosage?

What is withdrawal syndrome?

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)
Aka Cipralex

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

welcome 'wilderness92' 

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

I did it really slowly with 10mg Cipralex, started in April'13 and last dose taken in April 2015, I never skipped with larger potencies until I reached the end of tapper, I only wanted to do the maintenance on potency of .15mg therefore I skipped doses as there were no symptoms. I felt alright for a few months after discontinuing with infections and allergies, until I started having these noises coming from my head in July 2015 in morning. I went to ENT for checkup, he advised me hearing test and a lot more tests which all came alright, however another ENT put me on Ginkgo Biloba Extract and Cobalmin. I noticed very little improvement. Then doctor advised me to get an MRI, in Pakistan we do not have those vertically open MRI machines, I got claustrophobic and couldn't get the MRI done. However as educated on Internet and Antidepressant Toxicity chapter in Joseph Glennmullen's book, I underwent acupuncture, which only helped a little by giving me cravings for food, yesterday I was very anxious as my eye sight got too blurred which resulted in completely lost the appetite, my sleep is alright though. Eventually I consulted my Psychotherapist. She told me that these are not withdrawals rather the return of depression, hence I shall reinstate on medicine. I never wanted to revert to drugs but this is getting me debilitated an incapacitated. I can hardly function. I am a father of 3 small kids and due to these withdrawals and taper I had my highly paid job in one of the best multi-national companies in Pakistan.

Do anyone had these symptoms and how long have these persisted, are these permanent or will subside. I will not take Alprazolam, once I see my Doctor next week, he has put me on 0.25mg though, that too 1/2 tablet before sleeping and 1 tablet in morning, but do you think that I shall continue with 5mg of Cipralex as prescribed by doctor, so that my current symptoms can subside? I am reinstating on the medicine after 160 days.

in April 2013 was put back on 10mg cipralex because of debilitating withdrawals.

tappered with extreme caution from 10mg to .15mg from April 2013 till April 2015

took 2 doses of 5mg on September 24 and September 25 2015 because of blurred vision anxiety

and ear and head noise.

I have lots of head noise. The one I hate the most is hearing my heartbeat continuously in my head. 19 months continuously and counting. Last night in bed I had loud hissing. At the moment I have a high pitched whine .....all on top of the whooshing.

I wouldn't let it drive me back on drugs there's no guarantee it would help. I haven't had investigations lots of other people have this and it started with WD unlikely to be a coincidence. A lot of it is caused by tension in the muscles of your head and wearing a mouthguard at night might be helpful. The buzzing and whining I don't let bother me. The whooshing can be very scary at times. Like all the other horrors you have to sit it out. You really do have to be brave to get through withdrawal. Mine has improved over time. Think basically in left side of my head rather than whole head now. I try not to focus on it when possible. On aeroplanes I drown it out with headphones because it gets so loud its really scary. But I m still here so far, I guess

Paxil 10mg 21/2 years to June 2012 after a 2 month taper

I have lots of head noise. The one I hate the most is hearing my heartbeat continuously in my head. 19 months continuously and counting. Last night in bed I had loud hissing. At the moment I have a high pitched whine .....all on top of the whooshing.

I wouldn't let it drive me back on drugs there's no guarantee it would help. I haven't had investigations lots of other people have this and it started with WD unlikely to be a coincidence. A lot of it is caused by tension in the muscles of your head and wearing a mouthguard at night might be helpful. The buzzing and whining I don't let bother me. The whooshing can be very scary at times. Like all the other horrors you have to sit it out. You really do have to be brave to get through withdrawal. Mine has improved over time. Think basically in left side of my head rather than whole head now. I try not to focus on it when possible. On aeroplanes I drown it out with headphones because it gets so loud its really scary. But I m still here so far, I guess

If it's tension in the head, have you tried progressive muscle relaxation? I have no idea if that would help but you could try.

Sorry to hear about your symptoms and Wilderness's. They sound really lousy.

-I was on an SSRI (most recently Celexa at 40mg/day) for about 15 years for anxiety. I tapered off over about 8 months and in 2015 and had worsened anxiety and well-being once off it. In the fall of 2015 (I believe) I did a low dose reinstatement and was doing better. I stayed on roughly 1 ml (2 mg) for a while but eventually lowered it to .5 ml and was on this for a long time.

-Around late mid May (2017) my anxiety was worse and I increased the Celexa to 1.5 ml. At first, I felt significantly better but I developed a hand tremor. I also was having some attention and concentration difficulties. In mid July (over about 2 weeks) I tapered off of the Celexa and was off it for about 2 1/2 weeks before I started to feel an intense increase in anxiety and my hand tremor returned.

-Aug 13, 2017 I did a low dose reinstatement of 0.5 ml a day and am currently still taking that. Initial response is good.

-Early September 2017 to present - hand tremor returns and attention and concentration are impaired. Feeling of unbalance/unsteadiness from using treadmill. Mild changes to sexual performance too.

-Sept 18, 2017: 0.4 ml Celexa. Everything is generally improving although hand tremor is worse. Attention, concentration, and anxiety are good.

-I am also on Wellbutrin (200 mg/day) for anxiety and take a Benadryl at night for sleep and allergies. Eventually I'd like to be off everything.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9730-chancelucky-antidepressant-withdrawal-social-anxiety-pessimism/

Mine are really loud in morning then they get localized in left ear. There is alot of salty mucous that comes out throughout the day. My sinuses are swollen as well. But unless I get an MRI, I can't rule out the possibility of sounds being caused by sinuses, then there is creaking in throat. I am clueless as to what has gone wrong.Above all these noises can very well be caused by depression. If these are due to withdrawals then I have heard that the subside after months.

and ear and head noise.

and ear and head noise.

Mine are really loud in morning then they get localized in left ear. There is alot of salty mucous that comes out throughout the day. My sinuses are swollen as well. But unless I get an MRI, I can't rule out the possibility of sounds being caused by sinuses, then there is creaking in throat. I am clueless as to what has gone wrong.Above all these noises can very well be caused by depression. If these are due to withdrawals then I have heard that the subside after months.

If you have mucous coming out if one ear then it sounds like you have something going in your sinuses that might easily be sorted. Try steaming with menthol in the water and see if that helps. M

It doesn't comes out of my ear. Rather from throat transparent white salty mucous. However I am a little curious about how many friends here survived these sounds.since I am having really hard time getting accustomed to them. But if there is a slightest of hope that these sounds subside then I might have some resolve.

and ear and head noise.

On previous site paxil progress people who recovered and came back said even the pulsing head resolved. And I know the noise of tinnitus is annoying, but I d rather have tinnitus than the head pulsing. Rather have tinnitus than palpitations. My friend doesn't get tinnitus but she gets head rushes. I d rather have tinnitus than those . Am totally sympathetic but if you look on any tinnitus site they will tell you you have live with it and do your best to ignore it. No one can guarantee your tinnitus will go, and uncertainty is hard for anxious people to deal with. Withdraw a is a great opportunity to work on developing stoicism and accepting uncertainty, challenges I face everyday. You can't take these drugs without side effects and you can't go through withdrawal without symptoms. And you ve only got your tinnitus in the morning not 24/7 so you could reframe and say it could be worse. Hope you manage to get it sorted

In morning its most of head rush. Which gradually comes into my left ear.

and ear and head noise.

Dear Cressida, head rush or neck rush is terrible in morning with alot of anxiety, however it gradually settles in ears.

and ear and head noise.

In morning its most of head rush. Which gradually comes into my left ear.

and ear and head noise.

I really do know how scary head symptoms are. Terrifying. And given the abnormally high anxiety most of us have in the morning doubly so. But if there's no pathology there s no alternative to sitting it out and trying to reach your own best level of acceptance and self soothing strategies in place to get through. There is no miracle cure if its withdrawal I wish there were. There s just time and facilitating your bodies healing through self care . Hope you feel better soon

• Administrator

Welcome, wilderness.

It does sound like you have withdrawal symptoms, including tinnitus.

Many people do better with fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Most doctors and therapists don't believe that withdrawal lasts more than a few weeks and say it is a relapse of depression. 

The tinnitus could be withdrawal but could also be a result of the infections you had. Alto's suggestion of fish oil and magnesium is a good one, 

they help a lot of people and if you google it,  recent studies have shown fish oil to be very helpful in brain healing. 

All these symptoms will get better in time, but if you do decide to reinstate, a very tiny dose of 0.5 mg may be enough to ease the symptoms,

the 5mg your doctor prescribed would most likely be too high and have side effects that can be worse than the symptoms you have now. 

If it were me I would hang in there and wait to get stable, it will take time but you will get better. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

MamaP, I have been off medicine since April'15, almost 160 days. Alto has suggested that one should reinstate at 5mg to 10mg after such gap in her reinstating chapter. I have taken my 2nd dose last night. As I woke up today I again had those buzzing sounds in my head. However if as per your advise I stop taking the medicine altogether will it be safe after taking 2 doses or I shall taper it too.

and ear and head noise.

If you've had withdrawal symptoms for a month or more, it's likely your system is somewhat sensitized to drugs. You might wish to try reinstating at a lower dosage, such as 2mg-5mg (if you had been taking 20mg Celexa).

and ear and head noise.

However, I am completely lost as to what should I do. I have not been feeling normal for sometime now being off the medicine, the anxiety got worst before the eid holidays here, my doctor wasn't even taking my call because I never wanted to follow his advise. There was constant buzzing my left ear, no appetite at all. It took from me some desperate effort, to make my doctor give me a prescription.Shall I stop taking 5mg now?

and ear and head noise.

hello

and ear and head noise.

Have I been banned or removed?

and ear and head noise.

I did not take the 3rd dose of 5mg Cipralex, My head symptoms are same, had a terrible anxiety yesterday throughout the day. however as I woke up today I affirmed myself that I should ignore the head and ear noises in order to move on. Therefore had not taken Alprazolam too. I am reading so really helpful stories here. People hanging in with staunch resolve. I wish I get through this phase. Really thankful to all who have replied to my post. will truly appreciate your valuable responses.

and ear and head noise.

If you are like most people here, including me, this is your daily lot! No one can make it go away or even significantly ease it and so you basically have to get on with it. Am not being harsh. I am 39 months drug free and am very much better than I was but I still have symptoms everyday, sometimes mild sometimes bad, but the head stuff is a scary 24/7 for me. You just have started out and you have to accept that while a lot of people will support you the only person that can do this is you

So what you advise, shall I get back to medicine since my head feels filled in the morning and everytime I wake up I get terrible anxiety. I have been smoking too which make things even worse. My ears are most sensitive.

and ear and head noise.

Dear Cressida, I wish you all the luck, we all are fighting our own battle. You are an extremely strong person to stretch it too far to 39th month and still struggling. It has been a really rough ride for me the last few months, where so many things have been happening with me. I had come here on this site for inspiration and support. I am going through peoples experiences here with WD and I am truly impressed how far they had come. However I am hanging in. And have lots of respect for you and others over here. Who are fighting their battle only to get better.

and ear and head noise.

• Mentor

Hello Wilderness and welcome...............  I am 12 months out, and heaps better than I was.  You were wiser than me and did a slower taper.........,...So glad you are reading and finding your way around this site....     so much wonderful information...   

for me the help has been knowing I will get better, just to be patient.                The mornings are bad for most of us,   I call it my morning horrors, but the worst passes once I am up and about.    I think most of us fell into the trap of the "depression is returning", when really it is just our minds healing, without the drugs..........      

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Ang, Thanks, I wish it gets better for you and all of us struggling. My doctor told me that I am getting all this because I am not taking any medicine. Been through really tough times during last few months. Have completely lost control over everything. But its lots of encouragement seeing people struggling and hanging in with utmost resolve here. Not ready to bend and defying ignorant psychiatrists. I am from Pakistan. Lack of peer support here makes it tough for people to advocate for themselves.

and ear and head noise.

I have been active since last night but with very little sleep. Had also been feeling well in terms of relationships but could hardly get a sound sleep. Did some relaxation exercises from self care archive. Buzzing in my ears is still persistent though.

and ear and head noise.

I`ve had head noises for 4 years soon. Also tinnitus. That early morning / night peak is very familiar too. Once you learn not to fear it it will gradually lessen. Mine is much better these days. Far from cured but little by little it gets less and less. I think is it is all about your cns being extremely sensitized.

Don`t worry. It will pass in time.

08 Cipralex 10mg for about 6 months. 11-12 Cipralex 20mg. Unsuccesful WD. 12-13 Zoloft 100mg with Diazepam 10-20mg as needed for anxiety.
Fall 13 Tapering Zoloft 100->50->25->12,5->0 in 2,5 months and CT Diazepam. 12/24/13 RI Zoloft 12,5mg

1/21/14 11mg

3/18/14 9,9mg

2/18/14 8mg

4/22/14 7,6mg

5/5/14 7,2mg

5/12/14 -> cutting 0,5mg per week, holding when necessary.

8/18/14 -> cutting 0,25mg per week holding when necessary.

10/20/2014 -> cutting 0,1mg per week, holding when necessary.
12/28/2014 Jump!

I`ve had head noises for 4 years soon. Also tinnitus. That early morning / night peak is very familiar too. Once you learn not to fear it it will gradually lessen. Mine is much better these days. Far from cured but little by little it gets less and less. I think is it is all about your cns being extremely sensitized.

Don`t worry. It will pass in time.

I wish it gets better for you, I am struggling with it right now. But hoping it will get better soon.like so many other symptoms in the past, which have long gone. These sounds are a bit stubborn but I know they will go away too.????

and ear and head noise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hey Wilderness, I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling.

Please, make a decision and stick with it.  Taking drugs, and then stopping, and then taking them again - is very destabilizing.  Choose a dose and stick with it for at least 10 days before making any more decisions.

Please see here:  Is It Relapse or Withdrawal?

Here is an offsite link describing it, too:  http://www.priory.com/psych/panes.htm#Case1

Many of us have been told, many times "It's the depression returning" and we are so afraid of the depression we'll try anything.  And when it is withdrawal, it is worse, far worse than any depression we had before the drugs, because in withdrawal it has physical side effects, and "sticky emotions" that we never had before.  

It is difficult to advocate with a doctor for this, in all countries, not just Pakistan.  Very few doctors understand that their training was from the drug companies, and not very altruistic.  Sometimes, people tell the doctor what the doctor wants to hear, just to get the scripts, and take charge of their own tapering.  Sometimes, SA is their only support.  Yes, it is better, easier with support, but it is possible to get off the drugs without support.

Please believe me, we have all been told, "it's your original illness coming back."  And frequently, this covers up the side effects of the drugs the doctor prescribed.  These side effects, while widely documented, are virtually ignored by most doctors worldwide.

So have been taking the 5 mg?  If so, are you having side effects from it?  Do you want to decrease it?  Please update your signature so that we understand better.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I still have ringing in my ears, which is sometimes loud and sometimes its unnoticeabl, however i am alright, just trying to stay alright. I wish that everyone here gets better

Hey Wilderness, I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling.

Please, make a decision and stick with it.  Taking drugs, and then stopping, and then taking them again - is very destabilizing.  Choose a dose and stick with it for at least 10 days before making any more decisions.

Please see here:  Is It Relapse or Withdrawal?

Here is an offsite link describing it, too:  http://www.priory.com/psych/panes.htm#Case1

Many of us have been told, many times "It's the depression returning" and we are so afraid of the depression we'll try anything.  And when it is withdrawal, it is worse, far worse than any depression we had before the drugs, because in withdrawal it has physical side effects, and "sticky emotions" that we never had before.  

It is difficult to advocate with a doctor for this, in all countries, not just Pakistan.  Very few doctors understand that their training was from the drug companies, and not very altruistic.  Sometimes, people tell the doctor what the doctor wants to hear, just to get the scripts, and take charge of their own tapering.  Sometimes, SA is their only support.  Yes, it is better, easier with support, but it is possible to get off the drugs without support.

Please believe me, we have all been told, "it's your original illness coming back."  And frequently, this covers up the side effects of the drugs the doctor prescribed.  These side effects, while widely documented, are virtually ignored by most doctors worldwide.

So have been taking the 5 mg?  If so, are you having side effects from it?  Do you want to decrease it?  Please update your signature so that we understand better.

and ear and head noise.

• 1 year later...

I am here to report that I still have noise but I am not bothered, I am now over with withdrawals and antidepressants,  have been busy with my job lately therefore couldn't log in. I am grateful to surviving antidepressants for making me part of this network of strong people.  I love you all,  I pray and wish to my Allah for all of yours quick recovery, anyone from this website trying to get off or in withdrawals can contact me through my email that is:maighvee@gmail.com. Thanks & Love.  

and ear and head noise.

Hi Wilderness,

am am I right that you are recovered at least mostly? I am so hoping so!!

how have you been since the 2 doses of 5 mg Cipro in 2015?

lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,