Bill341 quit Klonopin, on trazodone

Bill341

I've been taking trazodone for a few weeks now.  I noticed my anxiety starting to rise a few weeks ago.  I've also been taking klonopin in little doses over the past few months.  I originally thought I had been developing interdose tolerance.  I thought it had to be from the klonopin.  It could have been a factor.  I jumped from the klonopin.  During this time I accidentally raised my dose of trazodone.  I was taking (3) 50mg tablets.  I then got prescribed 100mg tablets.  I started taking 3 of them out of habit.  I was doubling my dose.  Then the doc said I could take 400mg at night.  It was during this time my anxiety started to sky rocket.  I don't what to do now.  I need to bring the trazodone way down.  I don't want to feel severe withdrawal either.  These meds are crazy!!  I've only been on this for about a month.

Currently taking .160mg of Klonopin, 8.5mg of Lexapro and 150mg of Trazodone.  I can't remember exact start dates.  The lexapro and Klonopin since June.  Trazodone since mid Sept.

In the past 5 months was on a mix at times of Remeron, doxepin and buspar.  The docs kept mixing things up.  Now I want to get off everything.

I was taking Klonopin sporadically over the last 5 months until interdose w.d started.  C/T'd it.  3 weeks later tried to c/t trazodone.  It was not good.  Reinstated Klonopin and trazodone.  Stabilized, then started doing a 10% cut klonopin.

• Administrator

Welcome, Bill.

I moved your post here so it wouldn't get lost. This topic is for you to track your progress.

How did you go off the Klonopin? How much were you taking? How often?

What is your daily symptom pattern relative to when you take trazodone?

It sounds to me like you might have withdrawal syndrome from the benzo, rather than an adverse effect from trazodone. But that's possible, too.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Welcome 'bill341'

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.