A very disturbing annoucement

compsports

A few months ago, Alison Hymes, a Mind Freedom Member and a committed mental health activist was in danger of being committed to Western State Mental Hospital in Virginia. A bit of history - Due to being on lithium long term, she had a kidney transplant. When she had developed psychosis as the result of reactions to steroids, it was wrongly perceived as mental illness and she was threatened at the time with commitment to the state hospital.

Due to an outpouring of letters, she was released to her home. So needless to say, I was absolutely stunned when I found out she was committed to Western State yesterday. I just posted a comment on this blog http://ifyouregoingthoughhellkeepgoing.blogspot.com/2011/08/mind-freedom-alertfree-alison-hymes.html, asking what happened.

Anyway, on the same blog entry is the contact information for various Virginia politicians. If you have time and the energy, I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact the politicians listed.

I will let you know when I find out more information.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am the blogger who wrote about Allison, I am worried about her. I speak to Mind Freedom VA almost on a daily basis, so I can let you know if there is an update.

As of Wed, there was no news. She's still in the hospital, but she seems to be ok with her kidney issues.

If there is any public announcements on her, it will definately be on my blog- she's a good friend of mine and helped me not only with mental heath issues, but with kidney stuff.

Sincerely,

Susan

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

It was a brilliant cure but we lost the patient. It's a bum turn, Hotch, a terrible." – Ernest Hemingway

Hi, I am the blogger who wrote about Allison, I am worried about her. I speak to Mind Freedom VA almost on a daily basis, so I can let you know if there is an update.

As of Wed, there was no news. She's still in the hospital, but she seems to be ok with her kidney issues.

If there is any public announcements on her, it will definately be on my blog- she's a good friend of mine and helped me not only with mental heath issues, but with kidney stuff.

Sincerely,

Susan

Thanks Susan so much for responding.

Words are failing me right now regarding the situation.

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy