Sign in to follow this  
manymoretodays

Southwest US members check in here

manymoretodays

Perhaps Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Western Colorado, Nevada, and some California?

SquirrellyGirl

Hello, and what would the purpose of this SouthWest group be?  Me, from California

manymoretodays

The possibility of meeting up........having some kind of get together with "peers", as well as providing in person support to others I think.  With those in closer proximity to each other.

Critiquing some of our "activist" work as well.  As well as offering support while doing it.  Generally change doesn't happen with one person doing everything.........

Maybe Arizona belongs here too.

You could look and see what some of the other regional areas are doing.........as will I.

See Alto's first post in the California group.  I think that pretty much covers what could be done.

redangel

How about Arizona?

manymoretodays

Sure Arizona.  :)  

manymoretodays

Anybody up for anything?  Possibly Minnesota in early August........unsure yet if that's a go for me.........and wrong place to post, will look around later for appropriate spot.

SW.......all of the above mentioned.  With someone who is good doing group processing and moderating?  Incorporating some Open Dialogue and Conversation Cafe principles.  In a nice areas with cheap accommodations.

I guess I was inspired by the shared video on Chessie Cats wall today.......April 12th.  I had seen it before but go watch it anyone who reads this.  A more specific support group.  It would do us all a world of good.  To talk about the "taboo subject"........I liked how Mackler put that and it's still that way, in so many other peer support circles.  A part of me has to quietly die every time I bring it up........protracted withdrawal..........among those not enlightened yet as to the reality of it.  They seem to get a little mad.  And then some days I am still so very much lost in my own little world without the best words that all can understand.

manymoretodays

I meant intro. not wall.... See post today April 12th on CC's intro......it's a video....Daniel Mackler and Will Hall are in it. Very refreshing.

manymoretodays

The "Icarus Project" web site has a free downloadable guidelines for starting a mental health support group.  I haven't read it through yet or even downloaded it.

Also, post #3 of mine above will get anyone to some of the ideas already shared on this site.

I'd be up for a meeting in a campground or something late summer or early fall.  Hopefully I'll be back to better functioning by then.

Or even teatime with someone in the Tucson, AZ. or Twin Cities, Minn. areas.........dates to be determined.