HopefulOne: off Zoloft after 18 years on it

HopefulOne

On 5/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, HopefulOne said:

Day 7: feeling great. Just a little foggy and feel something going on in my head like a little buzzing. But the major withdrawal is gone. Small reductions in dose seem to be key. Mood is fine. Slight anxiety but nothing to write home about.

Day 8

Feeling fine, no issues. I credit my low reduction to this. I feel like i could reduce again but will wait until my 3 month hold is up. 

49 year old female

Currently on 68.75mg sertraline via compound pharmacy.

20 Years on SSRIs (Started 1997 with Paxil, later Prozac, and rest and bulk of remainder on Zoloft)

Dosage ranged from 100mg down to 50mg under doctor supervision. Took Xanax occasionally as needed, but was not often.

Failed attempt to quit Zoloft after 12 years on it. Took a 3 month taper. Lowest dose at 12.5mg (pill cut)

End of July 2015, stopped Zoloft after 3 month taper from .75 mg (unsupervised by doctor)

Not on any other medications

On 5/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, HopefulOne said:

Day 7: feeling great. Just a little foggy and feel something going on in my head like a little buzzing. But the major withdrawal is gone. Small reductions in dose seem to be key. Mood is fine. Slight anxiety but nothing to write home about.

Day 8: only sympton i notice is noticing my tinnitus more. I'll post further updates if anything changes between now and August 2018 when my next reduction occurs. 

49 year old female

20 Years on SSRIs (Started 1997 with Paxil, later Prozac, and rest and bulk of remainder on Zoloft)

Dosage ranged from 100mg down to 50mg under doctor supervision. Took Xanax occasionally as needed, but was not often.

Failed attempt to quit Zoloft after 12 years on it. Took a 3 month taper. Lowest dose at 12.5mg (pill cut)

End of July 2015, stopped Zoloft after 3 month taper from .75 mg (unsupervised by doctor)

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi HopefulOne, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• ChessieCat changed the title to HopefulOne: off Zoloft after 18 years on it
On 1/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, Carmie said:

Hi HopefulOne, 

How are you doing?💚

Hi Carmie, I'm doing very well. Currently am going down on my doses. Was at 75mg when decided to start going down under Dr. supervision. Dose drops have been 6.25mg every 3 months using a compounding pharmacy when needed. I did 2 dose drops. Currently at 56.25. Next drop down to 50mg takes place in March. Going low and slow is best for me. Even dropping only 6.25mg at a time is somewhat challenging but I seem to bounce back to normal after a few weeks tops. I can't imagine having larger dosage cuts or more frequent. I feel I will be able to get to zero based on how it's going. How are you doing? What are your drug stats?

49 year old female

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi HopefulOne, 

I’m so happy you’re doing well with your tapering, you’ve got a good positive attitude about it. Yes, going slow is the only way to go. 

I’m still at 7.5mg as it says in my signature. I went to compounded capsules and went through about three months of waves, then brassmonkey said it’s best to stick with the original tablets so I’m now crossing back over to them, I’m nearly there, maybe another week. 

I did a slow crossover this time and didn’t end up in waves. I highly recommend crossovers if changing formulas. I thought I’d have to go through another three months of waves getting back to the original tablet but it has been smooth sailing because of the slow crossover. Yay!

Could you please update your signature. Thanks. It’s nice to see the numbers going down, isn’t it?

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 3 months later...

Hi Carmie, just posting another update. I dropped to 50mg in March. Dr. wants to keep me on that dose for awhile because it's the lowest therapeutic dose. Had withdrawal but it went away. Had anxiety but was having relationship issues. Started taking CBD oil and after 2 weeks anxiety lessened. I think it's helping. I get the CBD from a physician. So far so good. It it goes well I will drop down to 43.75mg.

49 year old female