PoetJester: among the living again after 15 yrs of Zoloft and Zyprexa

PoetJester

Poetjester,

You please drink 1 cup of curds beaten ,then mixed with water.

Which we call butter milk.

You drink it everyday as many times you can.

Then see the results.

Yes,I am still using olanzapine 5 mg and sleeping greatly.No ruminating of thoughts day time due to olanzapine effect.

Living like a zombie.

I am planning to taper olanzapine at 5% every four weeks.

I have discovered your dreams are hypnogogic hallucinations.

Mine are hypnopompic hallucinations.

I am afraid how will I cope up with these hallucinations once I completely taper olanzapine.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

• 8 months later...

@PoetJester did your sleep ever come back?

My Intro FB Zyprexa 2015-September 2018

1st time I tried to come straight off of 10mg Zyprexa I was hospitalized for insane insomnia.

Current - Abilify Maintena & L Theanine(for akathisia)

1 hour ago, arwilliams said:

@PoetJester did your sleep ever come back?

Hey ar,

No.  i am in terrible shape.  after 3 years off of zoloft and zyprexa my sleep got worse and worse-  horrific nightmares and shallow sleep almost every night.  i took remeron for several months starting last july to help my sleep just so i could function somewhat, but it had awful side effects- rashes in my armpits, vocal dystonia, feet edemas, headaches, blurry vision, fatigue, low libido.  i felt emotionally neutered.  my new psychiatrist cut off my prescription for it cold turkey this March.  i was left alone in my apartment extremely ill for 4 weeks this March/April with- nausea and severe headaches and brain swelling.  i was too weak to do more than walk between my kitchen and the couch which i basically lived on for 4 weeks.  my sleep was of such poor quality that it felt like i had no brain activity upon waking.  i ended up taking temazepam a few days just to sleep a little deeper and help knock down the nausea and crippling headaches.  

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Administrator
On 10/9/2015 at 1:24 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, PJ.

While cold turkey is a high-risk way to come off psychiatric drugs, it sounds like you've worked hard to overcome withdrawal syndrome and are on your way to healing.

For the relaxation and sleep issues, you might want to try fish oil and magnesium supplements, see
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

and read Important topics about symptoms, including sleep problems

On 8/5/2017 at 2:11 PM, Altostrata said:

PoetJester, have you tried darkening your bedroom with blackout curtains, going to bed on a regular schedule, and a little melatonin at night? See

This could help your sleep a little to start, get your body going in repairing your sleep. Like everything else, improvement would be gradual.

14 minutes ago, PoetJester said:

my new psychiatrist cut off my prescription for it cold turkey this March.

!!!!!

What is your sleep pattern now?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

18 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

!!!!!

What is your sleep pattern now?

Hi Alto

not too good.  i was on the couch for 4 weeks in march and april after stopping the remeron.  the only way i could sleep was falling asleep to the tv on the couch.  couldn't sleep in my bed for the life of me.  my sleeps were really, really bad.  i have no dream recall anymore which never happened pre meds or on meds or in wd before.  i wake up extremely weak and my kidneys ache.  i smell ammonia coming off of me and on my breath all the time which when i looked online could be a sign of kidney failure.   i went to my gp 2 weeks ago about this  and asked if i could be checked into a hospital to be checked out.  the fatigue was almost too much and  my heart was strained   to the point of my voice being almost unrecognizable.    my gp said she wouldn't write me a referral to get a hospital bed, but i could go to the er if i wanted to.  i was sitting in her office!!  she then said that she didn't think that the doctors at the er would treat me but maybe i could check myself into a mental hospital......

later she asked if i wasnt' sure it wasn't a muscle strain in my back.  yes.  that's why i reek of ammonia and can barely walk a block or two.  something tricky is afoot at my clinic.  

i have had issues with her in the past. 

i have two gp's at the clinic i go to and she is my newer gp.   for the sake of this letter not being too confusing, let's call her,   Dr.  Kill-My- Will.    Dr. Kill My Will,  just started practicing at the clinic last year.   saw her when i became alcohol intolerant overnight in early 2017-  one beer now and i am violently puking in the kitchen sink like i had drank a bottle of vodka.  i read on a website forum called medhelp, that it was Sibo related and that the condition can be cleared up through anti biotics. 

i had seen my original gp at the clinic i go to,  a male doctor,  lets call him Dr. Do-Nothing,  about the same condition earlier.  Dr. Do Nothing has been my gp for 12 years and has been terrible to me over the years-  when i complained to him in his office in 2012 about how lousy i had felt on zoloft and zyprexa- 70 lbs weight gain, the hypersomnia 14+ hours for 8 years, sky rocketing cholesterol and triglycerides, and elevated liver enzymes and fatigued all the time, he had leaned over me in his office that day and said "but the drugs make you feel good, man".    anyways, i went in and  told him about my new alcohol intolerance and about what i had read online and he said that he didn't write prescriptions "willy nilly" for anti biotics. 

(i had gone into see him in the past about an arthritic joint in my middle finger of my left hand two years back.  it was sore and swollen and had become bent at a 20 degree angle.  i told him i thought i had arthritis and he had said "you can't have arthritis, you just jammed your finger really hard" )

anyhow, getting sidetracked here by memories of really poor medical care.    i later saw my newer gp, the female nurse Dr. Kill My Will, about my alcohol intolerance and she had told me to send her website information about the treatment of sibo for Sudden Onset Alcohol Intolerance since she wasn't familiar with it and she would "see what she could do".      i called the clinic office and left a message with the on-call nurse saying to check out  the medhelp.com forum and John Hopkins Medical Center's webpage    where they talk about sibo treatments.  she had sounded willing to help me in the office.  i later got a reply from her saying that she can't just write out prescriptions for anti biotics "willy nilly" !!!  the same language my older gp had used when i saw him.  the female gp is a newer member at my clinic and my older gp is one of the senior members there and most of got a hold of her.

i later called the gastroenterology clinic of this same health network i go through about  the alcohol thing and was merely told to stay away from beer by one gi doctor.   i tried to expain what i had read online but to no avail.   about a week later, i got a weird paranoid call out of the blue from a nurse at gastroenterology saying to "be careful what websites i get my information from"  and to "stay away from bad websites"  apparently like John Hopkins?!?!/

so basically, i am getting false help and no hope from my doctors at the moment and have been for years.   

i have been taking temazepam for about a week now because i was just too sick and had no one to help me with basic chores and errands, but now i am remembering why i stopped it after a week in 2016 when i took it for sleep- it's causing visual field changes (muted colors) and making me feel like i am wandering around in some sort of weird cgi reality, which isn't all that much fun, but i am sleeping and functioning a little bit. 

sorry, Alto.  hopefully this is intelligible.  it's late and i am doing no editing.  

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

• Administrator

How much temazepam are you taking, and when?

Can you follow any of our suggestions for sleep? Darken the room, keep it cool, regular hours?

I went through a period when I was calmed or at least distracted by tv when I had bad sleep. Soft music might work, too,

You can ask for kidney and liver function blood tests. These are fairly routine when someone has gut symptoms and a history of alcohol.

I would avoid trying to reason with the doctors and just go in and calmly ask for tests, as you've been feeling ill.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Alto

not too good.  i was on the couch for 4 weeks in march and april after stopping the remeron.  the only way i could sleep was falling asleep to the tv on the couch.  couldn't sleep in my bed for the life of me.  my sleeps were really, really bad.  i have no dream recall anymore which never happened pre meds or on meds or in wd before.  i wake up extremely weak and my kidneys ache.  i smell ammonia coming off of me and on my breath all the time which when i looked online could be a sign of kidney failure.   i went to my gp 2 weeks ago about this  and asked if i could be checked into a hospital to be checked out.  the fatigue was almost too much and  my heart was strained   to the point of my voice being almost unrecognizable.    my gp said she wouldn't write me a referral to get a hospital bed, but i could go to the er if i wanted to.  i was sitting in her office!!  she then said that she didn't think that the doctors at the er would treat me but maybe i could check myself into a mental hospital......

later she asked if i wasnt' sure it wasn't a muscle strain in my back.  yes.  that's why i reek of ammonia and can barely walk a block or two.  something tricky is afoot at my clinic.  

i have had issues with her in the past. 

i have two gp's at the clinic i go to and she is my newer gp.   for the sake of this letter not being too confusing, let's call her,   Dr.  Kill-My- Will.    Dr. Kill My Will,  just started practicing at the clinic last year.   saw her when i became alcohol intolerant overnight in early 2017-  one beer now and i am violently puking in the kitchen sink like i had drank a bottle of vodka.  i read on a website forum called medhelp, that it was Sibo related and that the condition can be cleared up through anti biotics. 

i had seen my original gp at the clinic i go to,  a male doctor,  lets call him Dr. Do-Nothing,  about the same condition earlier.  Dr. Do Nothing has been my gp for 12 years and has been terrible to me over the years-  when i complained to him in his office in 2012 about how lousy i had felt on zoloft and zyprexa- 70 lbs weight gain, the hypersomnia 14+ hours for 8 years, sky rocketing cholesterol and triglycerides, and elevated liver enzymes and fatigued all the time, he had leaned over me in his office that day and said "but the drugs make you feel good, man".    anyways, i went in and  told him about my new alcohol intolerance and about what i had read online and he said that he didn't write prescriptions "willy nilly" for anti biotics. 

(i had gone into see him in the past about an arthritic joint in my middle finger of my left hand two years back.  it was sore and swollen and had become bent at a 20 degree angle.  i told him i thought i had arthritis and he had said "you can't have arthritis, you just jammed your finger really hard" )

anyhow, getting sidetracked here by memories of really poor medical care.    i later saw my newer gp, the female nurse Dr. Kill My Will, about my alcohol intolerance and she had told me to send her website information about the treatment of sibo for Sudden Onset Alcohol Intolerance since she wasn't familiar with it and she would "see what she could do".      i called the clinic office and left a message with the on-call nurse saying to check out  the medhelp.com forum and John Hopkins Medical Center's webpage    where they talk about sibo treatments.  she had sounded willing to help me in the office.  i later got a reply from her saying that she can't just write out prescriptions for anti biotics "willy nilly" !!!  the same language my older gp had used when i saw him.  the female gp is a newer member at my clinic and my older gp is one of the senior members there and most of got a hold of her.

i later called the gastroenterology clinic of this same health network i go through about  the alcohol thing and was merely told to stay away from beer by one gi doctor.   i tried to expain what i had read online but to no avail.   about a week later, i got a weird paranoid call out of the blue from a nurse at gastroenterology saying to "be careful what websites i get my information from"  and to "stay away from bad websites"  apparently like John Hopkins?!?!/

so basically, i am getting false help and no hope from my doctors at the moment and have been for years.   

i have been taking temazepam for about a week now because i was just too sick and had no one to help me with basic chores and errands, but now i am remembering why i stopped it after a week in 2016 when i took it for sleep- it's causing visual field changes (muted colors) and making me feel like i am wandering around in some sort of weird cgi reality, which isn't all that much fun, but i am sleeping and functioning a little bit. 

sorry, Alto.  hopefully this is intelligible.  it's late and i am doing no editing.  

your intolerance to alcohol might be caused by your withdrawal and your body rejecting any poisons, I was similar in 2009 when was forced to go cold turkey from venlafaxine, a few months after that I was smoking a cigarette and all of a sudden I got a intense panic attack, I kept trying to smoke and every time I took one puff it happened again, I kept trying for around a week but it kept happening so I was forced to quite smoking, haven't had a cig since, also was unable to drink alcohol for around 2 years as it made me feel too sick and raised anxiety, I think when in withdrawal the body is trying to protect itself so rejects anything that may harm it,

hope you see some improvements soon

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

your intolerance to alcohol might be caused by your withdrawal and your body rejecting any poisons, I was similar in 2009 when was forced to go cold turkey from venlafaxine, a few months after that I was smoking a cigarette and all of a sudden I got a intense panic attack, I kept trying to smoke and every time I took one puff it happened again, I kept trying for around a week but it kept happening so I was forced to quite smoking, haven't had a cig since, also was unable to drink alcohol for around 2 years as it made me feel too sick and raised anxiety, I think when in withdrawal the body is trying to protect itself so rejects anything that may harm it,

hope you see some improvements soon

take care

Hi dj2010

sudden alcohol intolerance is actually a somewhat common condition that happens to people who aren't in wd.  that's how i found out about it.  i had googled  "vomiting from one beer"  and found a patient forum called medhelp.com where someone had started a topic about suddenly becoming horribly ill from one drink.   there were 50+ posters on the topic who had developed the problem, most were social drinkers who drank on the weekends and could have 7-8 drinks in a night and suddenly they couldn't even tolerate one drink without throwing up and feeling close to death.  there were a couple posters who had mentioned being treated with anti biotics for sibo and that had cleared up the condition and allowed them to be able to drink again without getting super sick.

poetjester

• Administrator

Whatever it is, don't drink alcohol.

What is your temazepam schedule and how long have you been taking it regularly?

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Whatever it is, don't drink alcohol.

What is your temazepam schedule and how long have you been taking it regularly?

ah, no.  i haven't had any alcohol since jan 2017.  about the temazepam i took it for 5 days in april and now for the past week. 

this has mostly been a nightmare for me.   the mirtazapine seems to be harder getting off of then zoloft and zyprexa was  in 2014.  at least back then, i still had decent appetite and digestion after the hellish first few weeks of vomiting and brain zaps even though my sleep was awful afterwards.  with the remeron, the headaches and nausea just seemed to stay.  maybe it was because it was my second wd and my body has been weakened from 4+ years of wd already or maybe it's because of remeron's chemical make up, but it really tore up my stomach.  i have spoken with a few others on a remeron facebook page who were dealing with the same lingering debilitating headaches and nausea, so it may be a slightly different beast coming off of than other meds.

to make remeron wd matters worse, my parents who had said they would be around to help with groceries and getting to dr appts since i dont' drive( they live 4 miles away) just bought a retirement home in Arizona and were in the process of moving down there so they were trying to tie up loose ends.  imagine being close to death with splitting headaches, nausea and brain swelling and non restorative sleep from remeron wd where you are almost too weak to leave the couch and then having your mom continually pestering you with texts about filling out paperwork for health insurance and food stamps or else about cleaning up my apartment because they (my parents) wanted to drop off an old love seat that they weren't taking with them!!!  i told her several times that i was extremely ill so it was kind of ridiculous and maddening. 

then my bike, which is my only mode of transportation and how i get to the store and dr appts,  got a flat.   i have fixed bike tires before in better health, but i put the tube on wrong and it had a wobble to my tire when i pumped it up.  i tried 5 times to get it right, but it kept coming out with a wobble.  it's hard to follow youtube tire repair videos when your body is giving out from fatigue (i would view the video in my 3rd story apartment and then walk down to my apartment garage to try and fix the tire, but forget most of what i had seen by the time i got to the garage)    i asked my father to help me take it to the nearest bike shop 8 miles away and i would just pay to have it fixed,  but was asked why i couldn't fix it myself.  

my computer service went down for 2 days a few months back and i had texted my younger brother who lives in town and works in IT to see if he could order some peppermint oil pills from amazon  for me that had been one of the few supplements that had helped me with my digestive issues.  i told him i could send him a check.  i got a text back saying " why don't you get a job?   you never do anything for yourself"  i actually go out to golf courses on bike around 30 hours a week in the spring and fall (pre remeron wd) and hunt golf balls and then sell them online .  considering how poor my sleep and bowel function is, its something.  i texted him back asking what the attitude was for and got a text back saying it "wasn't attitude but a 'reality check' "  i had money to send to him for the pills, so, yeah, my support system has been rather lacking.  

between my family's support and what the doctors have been doing for me- nothing, even if it's a non wd related issue like with digestive system, it's been rather trying over here.  

i had posted on here before about how i did a pumpkin seed cleanse two months ago.  you take raw pumpkin seeds and make a puree and eat it.  the next day i did a salt water cleanse and found a toilet bowl of  around 200 clear 1/2" worms (either hookworm or pork tapeworm) which may explain some of my digestive issues- iron deficiency anemia, excessive after meal fatigue (like what Compsports used to suffer with),  bloating, gastroparesis, labored breathing and fatigue, and an awful fecal odor coming from my lungs on days my bowels get backed up.  between getting doctors to care about wd and now parasite infection i basically feel like i am the sole resident of crazy town.  anyhow, sorry to go on.  hopefully these posts have been of some informational value.

poetjester

• Administrator

Okay, you need to get your doctors to deal with the parasite infection.

alexjuice had that and recovered. He was terribly ill. You might send him a message and see if he has any suggestions.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, PoetJester said:

Hi Alto

not too good.  i was on the couch for 4 weeks in march and april after stopping the remeron.  the only way i could sleep was falling asleep to the tv on the couch.  couldn't sleep in my bed for the life of me.  my sleeps were really, really bad.  i have no dream recall anymore which never happened pre meds or on meds or in wd before.

Hello Dear Derek,

What!!!!!

Your hypnagogic hallucinations or dreams gone completely?

I am very sorry,I am feeling very sad to know your situation,what a tough time you are facing.

How much m.g Remeron did you use?

Did you have hypnagogic hallucinations or dreams ,while using Remeron?

Did they stop after coldturkeying remeron or while in the use of remeron.?

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:25 AM, rupa said:

Hello Dear Derek,

What!!!!!

Your hypnagogic hallucinations or dreams gone completely?

I am very sorry,I am feeling very sad to know your situation,what a tough time you are facing.

How much m.g Remeron did you use?

Did you have hypnagogic hallucinations or dreams ,while using Remeron?

Did they stop after coldturkeying remeron or while in the use of remeron.?

Hi Rupa,

no, i still have the hypnagogic hallucinations.  i have to keep opening my eyes and then closing them again when i try to sleep so that i don't see them, but when i was sleeping in March and April on the couch after quitting remeron, i had short shallow sleeps where i couldn't even recall my dreams.  In wd previously, i would have shallow sleeps filled with vivid nightmares almost every night.  now i couldn't even remember anything from my dreams and was waking extremely weak and fatigued.  i barely did more than go between the kitchen and the couch for 4 weeks and my apartment was getting very hot again.  I was miserable and probably as close to death as i have been in the 4 years of this wd misery.   i think my kidneys were beginning to fail or else my adrenal glands were extremely taxed by going so long on so poor of sleep and also with the heat and humidity in my apartment.

i was on 15mg of remeron and stopped it cold turkey.  My psychiatrist cut off my prescription in early March when i complained about the armpit rashes i was getting from the remeron.  once i stopped the drug, i was vomiting for two days then had horrible headaches and nausea for 4 weeks.  The psychiatrist wouldn't write a prescription for anything else unless i visited her office 10 miles away.  i was sick from withdrawing and am on bike and we were having major snowstorms where i live so i was stuck suffering alone in my apartment alone for over a month.  it was misery. 

i was too sick to leave my couch much, but still had to take care of biking to the store to get groceries and run other errands.  My parents live near me and were in the process of moving 1000 miles away to their retirement home and kept pestering me with texts about filling out paperwork for health insurance and food stamps and about keeping my apartment clean.  even though i was deathly ill.  it was quite exasperating.   i would keep telling them how sick i was, but i don't think they understood or else couldn't be bothered.  

When i was on remeron, i didn't have the hypnagogic hallucinations.  i would sleep  6 hours a night and then be able to take 2-3 hour naps during the day without the hallucinations happening when i closed my eyes, but the drug wiped out my libido and seemed to castrate me emotionally and gave me laryngeal dystonia where my neck/upper chest would tighten and my voice would change.  i also had the armpit rashes and fatigue and lack of motivation from it.

Derek

11 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Rupa,

no, i still have the hypnagogic hallucinations.  i have to keep opening my eyes and then closing them again when i try to sleep so that i don't see them, but when i was sleeping in March and April on the couch after quitting remeron, i had short shallow sleeps where i couldn't even recall my dreams.  In wd previously, i would have shallow sleeps filled with vivid nightmares almost every night.  now i couldn't even remember anything from my dreams and was waking extremely weak and fatigued.  i barely did more than go between the kitchen and the couch for 4 weeks and my apartment was getting very hot again.  I was miserable and probably as close to death as i have been in the 4 years of this wd misery.   i think my kidneys were beginning to fail or else my adrenal glands were extremely taxed by going so long on so poor of sleep and also with the heat and humidity in my apartment.

i was on 15mg of remeron and stopped it cold turkey.  My psychiatrist cut off my prescription in early March when i complained about the armpit rashes i was getting from the remeron.  once i stopped the drug, i was vomiting for two days then had horrible headaches and nausea for 4 weeks.  The psychiatrist wouldn't write a prescription for anything else unless i visited her office 10 miles away.  i was sick from withdrawing and am on bike and we were having major snowstorms where i live so i was stuck suffering alone in my apartment alone for over a month.  it was misery. 

i was too sick to leave my couch much, but still had to take care of biking to the store to get groceries and run other errands.  My parents live near me and were in the process of moving 1000 miles away to their retirement home and kept pestering me with texts about filling out paperwork for health insurance and food stamps and about keeping my apartment clean.  even though i was deathly ill.  it was quite exasperating.   i would keep telling them how sick i was, but i don't think they understood or else couldn't be bothered.  

When i was on remeron, i didn't have the hypnagogic hallucinations.  i would sleep  6 hours a night and then be able to take 2-3 hour naps during the day without the hallucinations happening when i closed my eyes, but the drug wiped out my libido and seemed to castrate me emotionally and gave me laryngeal dystonia where my neck/upper chest would tighten and my voice would change.  i also had the armpit rashes and fatigue and lack of motivation from it.

Derek

Oh Derek!

What the hell with these doctors.

I am speechless to know your withdrawal troubles.

We all should be very careful that ,what we are talking with our psychiatrists.

It is our speech is all that matters to a psychiatrist.

If we have any problems with the drug,we should plan tapering silently.

Oh poor derek, how much suffering you are bearing!

These hypnagogic hallucinations and hypnapompic hallucinations, it seems our brain chemistry purmenantly changed with coldturkey.

If we get rid of all the drugs for long period, we may get cure from these dreams.

But where is the oppurtunity?These dreams not letting us to sleep to function.

How are you now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 1:06 AM, rupa said:

Oh Derek!

What the hell with these doctors.

I am speechless to know your withdrawal troubles.

We all should be very careful that ,what we are talking with our psychiatrists.

It is our speech is all that matters to a psychiatrist.

If we have any problems with the drug,we should plan tapering silently.

Oh poor derek, how much suffering you are bearing!

These hypnagogic hallucinations and hypnapompic hallucinations, it seems our brain chemistry purmenantly changed with coldturkey.

If we get rid of all the drugs for long period, we may get cure from these dreams.

But where is the oppurtunity?These dreams not letting us to sleep to function.

How are you now?

Hi Rupa,

sorry to get back to you late.  i am still feeling mostly terrible over here and don't do much more than sit around my apartment wondering how i can get someone to care about my health.  sleeping is still not good, and i recently hurt my lower back which later caused my hamstrings and now calves to tighten up so i am mostly immobilized at the moment and am having a hard time walking.

yeah, i have another insane doctor story for you.  i just called the infectious disease department of my clinic two days ago.  i had seen one of their doctors last year who hadn't done much for me.  this time i told the on-call nurse about my raw pumpkin seed cleanse two months ago and how i had found a toilet bowl of worms the day after the cleanse.  i asked her if it was possible to get a prescription for Albenza, the medication you and i had talked about before, which i think is called Zentel over there.  When i told the nurse about the worms, she tried to explain to me that i didn't see worms, but that those 3/4" clear strands that i saw in the bowl were the "pumpkin seeds unraveling into strands after going through my digestive track"   !!!!!   How insane is that??  She was just plainly making something up and lying to me, because for one thing, i had pulverized the seeds into a puree in my blender and for another thing, if you do eat whole seeds, they mostly go through undigested and come out as whole seeds again in your stool, they aren't coiled up strands that uncoil into worm like objects after going through your stomach!!!  totally insane what this nurse tried to tell me, either she is totally incompetent or more likely it's some sort of cover up, which is weird, i never thought that being a poor guy just seeking medical treatment for digestive problems would cause so much trouble.

i asked her if she was being serious and she said "yes, i am being positive" and when i couldn't believe the answer she had given me, she asked for my name.  

i think i had told you before when i called the gastroenterology department  last year about seeing if i could get an anti biotic for my digestive problems related to alcohol where i was (and still am) throwing up violently from even one beer or drink.  i had read online that the condition was related to either parasites or a bacterial infection in the intestines on a patient forum by a few people who had been treated and cured of the condition.  i had asked the gastroenterology nurse to see if it was possible to get the doctor to write a prescription for something called Rifaximin, which is a newer anti biotic used to treat Sibo.  i had sited John Hopkins Medical Center's website information on treating Sibo as my source.  The nurse had said she would pass along the information to the gi doctor.   She called back a day later and only told me "to stay away from alcohol"  and when i asked if i could get a script for the Rifaximin, i was told "no".  About a week later, out of the blue, i received a strange secretive call from another gi nurse telling me "be careful where you get your information from online" and to stay away from "bad websites".   Well, the John Hopkins Medical Center website, which i had mentioned to the other nurse in the  previous call, is our nation's top medical facility.  It's where our Presidents go to receive medical treatment when they get ill and this was a "bad website" !?!?   this has been totally crazy.  

Anyways, 

Hope you are doing ok

Derek

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, PoetJester said:

yeah, i have another insane doctor story for you.  i just called the infectious disease department of my clinic two days ago.  i had seen one of their doctors last year who hadn't done much for me.  this time i told the on-call nurse about my raw pumpkin seed cleanse two months ago and how i had found a toilet bowl of worms the day after the cleanse.  i asked her if it was possible to get a prescription for Albenza, the medication you and i had talked about before, which i think is called Zentel over there.  When i told the nurse about the worms, she tried to explain to me that i didn't see worms, but that those 3/4" clear strands that i saw in the bowl were the "pumpkin seeds unraveling into strands after going through my digestive track"   !!!!!   How insane is that??  She was just plainly making something up and lying to me, because for one thing, i had pulverized the seeds into a puree in my blender and for another thing, if you do eat whole seeds, they mostly go through undigested and come out as whole seeds again in your stool, they aren't coiled up strands that uncoil into worm like objects after going through your stomach!!!  totally insane what this nurse tried to tell me, either she is totally incompetent or more likely it's some sort of cover up, which is weird, i never thought that being a poor guy just seeking medical treatment for digestive problems would cause so much trouble.

My suggestion is to take a bowel motion to your GP and request that it be tested.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

17 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

My suggestion is to take a bowel motion to your GP and request that it be tested.

Brilliant Idea.

On 10 June 2018 at 9:31 PM, PoetJester said:

Hi Rupa,

sorry to get back to you late.  i am still feeling mostly terrible over here and don't do much more than sit around my apartment wondering how i can get someone to care about my health.  sleeping is still not good, and i recently hurt my lower back which later caused my hamstrings and now calves to tighten up so i am mostly immobilized at the moment and am having a hard time walking.

i asked her if she was being serious and she said "yes, i am being positive" and when i couldn't believe the answer she had given me, she asked for my name.  

i think i had told you before when i called the gastroenterology department  last year about seeing if i could get an anti biotic for my digestive problems related to alcohol where i was (and still am) throwing up violently from even one beer or drink.  i had read online that the condition was related to either parasites or a bacterial infection in the intestines on a patient forum by a few people who had been treated and cured of the condition.  i had asked the gastroenterology nurse to see if it was possible to get the doctor to write a prescription for something called Rifaximin, which is a newer anti biotic used to treat Sibo.  i had sited John Hopkins Medical Center's website information on treating Sibo as my source.  The nurse had said she would pass along the information to the gi doctor.   She called back a day later and only told me "to stay away from alcohol"  and when i asked if i could get a script for the Rifaximin, i was told "no".  About a week later, out of the blue, i received a strange secretive call from another gi nurse telling me "be careful where you get your information from online" and to stay away from "bad websites".   Well, the John Hopkins Medical Center website, which i had mentioned to the other nurse in the  previous call, is our nation's top medical facility.  It's where our Presidents go to receive medical treatment when they get ill and this was a "bad website" !?!?   this has been totally crazy.  

Anyways, 

Hope you are doing ok

Derek

Oh Derek :(

You need complete bed rest with clean Dates diet, and drinking plenty of water , which will heal your lower back.

• 3 weeks later...

Look into diets for colon cancer / bowel cancer and you may find some inspiration, I did. I was treating my stomach problems like that (trial / error until I slowly found something I believed worked.) Ive stopped alcohol too. I am also alcohol intolerant. Plus I abused alcohol. I don't drink anymore and don't want to either. I want to fully recover and enjoy normal nice things in life. I would be very happy with that.

Im bound to heal my body so he becomes happy again. I will give him the best food and train him like a wannabe athlete. 

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Derek,

Just checking in on your page leaving a stamp. Not much action since my last post, guess it isn't that interesting talking about colons and stuff but anyways.. Hows the heat treating you? Never been this hot here since 250 years ago.  Dunno about global warming but things are different no doubt. My sleep has been low mostly because of the heat. My body still is not working in an optimal way but sure is living. Had a good 6h not refreshing sleep (but still OK) yesterday so can't complain. 

Finally read your poems. Like them with the background stories. Hilarious may not be the right word but I somehow find them amusing. I've never really

written or read poems before but its kind of cool with the cryptic element of it.

Take care man,

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

PoetJester, have you made any progress getting the potential parasite infection treated?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2015 at 11:49 PM, PoetJester said:

Hello

I recently withdrew from two psychiatric medications, Zoloft (Sertraline)and Zyprexa (Olanzapine) after a 15 year forced dependency which started when I was court-ordered to take them in 1998 for depression. In Feb. 2014, I finally quit the pills for the 4th and final time. The withdrawal symptoms were quite severe, probably similar to those of heroin, only instead of the people who care for you trying to help you get off the drugs, in the case of psych meds., everyone is dead set on you continuing to stay on them. I went about 6 straight days without sleep while trying to get off the pills, constantly throwing up all over my apartment (my parents had to bring over a steam cleaner to clean up all the huge piles of vomit, while at the same time admonishing me to go back on the meds.) I developed extreme lightheadedness. When I would turn my head to look at something it would take a moment or two for my field of vision to catch up. I suffered from those brain shocks which I thought might be some suppressed memories of the many rounds of ECT that were administered to me, against my will, back in the mid 1990's. I nearly died on a couple of occasions during the withdrawal as my blood sugar levels plunged so low that I was forced to crawl to my kitchen and shove wadded-up pieces of white bread soaked in either oyster sauce, fish sauce or salad dressing (for proteins and sugars) into my mouth to avoid collapsing on the floor, but somehow I did it, I got clean.

I had kicked the pills cold turkey three times previously (twice in 2004 and again for 10 months in 2005-6) only to be put back on them. The last time in 2005-6, I had been given the choice of either taking the pills and being given a bed in a local group home on a 0° F January evening or else to go rough it in a snowbank (I had been evicted from my apt. after falling a month behind in rent). The pills (Zoloft originally at 200mg that on my own advice I scaled back to 100mg at the time of my withdrawal. Zyprexa originally at 17.5mg that I had reduced to 10mg) basically ruined my health. Within a couple of years of starting on the meds in 1998, I had gone from a lithe and slender 6' tall 160 lbs man to a portly 230 pounder,, with all the weight gain going into my belly and thighs (Blech!). My cholesterol and triglyceride levels tripled. I had copious amounts of diarrhea daily. My blood pressure was absolutely wrecked. When kneeling down or squatting on my haunches, at say a grocery store or maybe a bookstore, to look at something on a low shelf, upon rising I would start to nearly black-out or swoon due to massive head rushes and would have to hold on to shelving for about a minute or so until I regained my vision and sense of balance. And from about 2006 on, I became no more than some sluggish, gorging hibernating animal that slept between 12 and 16 hours a day, sometimes as much as 20 hrs a day (watching T.V. was my only other occupation) where I would hardly more than move from my bed to the couch only to fall asleep 3 hours later for upwards of 4-6 hours, sometimes for as much as 10 hours. I was sleeping so much that when I woke, I often had no idea if it was early morning or late evening. I would have the most awful and depressing nightmares of being strapped into a dentist's chair while doctors would be cramming every conceivable pill down my throat in an attempt to kill me. The sedative-like effects of the drugs, combined with a horrible and untreated case of sleep apnea due to smoking and a severely broken nose as a teenager, left me completely fatigued all the time. I usually only left my apartment once a week to stock up on groceries.

Since the harrowing experience of withdrawal, my health and spiritual well-being have greatly improved. I began a 4-6 mile a night brisk walking regiment and starting biking between 10-20 miles a day which resulted in me losing 45 lbs in 3 months. While before on the pills, I could hardly stay awake, now I can barely get to sleep. My insomnia is sometimes so bad (3-4 hrs of sleep a day, often none) that I resemble a real live? zombie (I call my condition, Inzombia) but considering how low my spirits had been on the pills, I'm just happy to live an active life again, even if I do suffer bouts of sleeplessness. I've spent several hundred hours since early last year either volunteering picking up trash from local parks and lakes or else helping out at a local thrift store and my creative spirit has flourished. I have filled something like 15 fifty page notebooks full of my poetry (both of a serious and humorous nature) and have written many short pieces of memoir, one of which is entitled In Servitude to the Devil, and is about my nearly indescribable and entirely hellish experience in 1995-1996, when for six months, I suffered from brain damage and akathisia brought on by the forced administration of Resperdine, Prozac and Paxcil. I thought I might end this piece with two short poems of mine

The Psychiatrist

His pills amount to fool's gold; his lab-coat: starched and anti-sceptically white

He professes to be a doctor, but he's a neuro-nazi in my sight.

A Reflection On Our Times

So much lust and vanity under the sun

Surely God is our pariah as we have our fun.

What do you think I should do? I keep getting forced to take meds because of schizophrenia and I have the same side effects as you, every time I get off meds I get hospitalized though.  I've read some of your other posts as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, frasier23 said:

Hey Derek,

Just checking in on your page leaving a stamp. Not much action since my last post, guess it isn't that interesting talking about colons and stuff but anyways.. Hows the heat treating you? Never been this hot here since 250 years ago.  Dunno about global warming but things are different no doubt. My sleep has been low mostly because of the heat. My body still is not working in an optimal way but sure is living. Had a good 6h not refreshing sleep (but still OK) yesterday so can't complain. 

Finally read your poems. Like them with the background stories. Hilarious may not be the right word but I somehow find them amusing. I've never really

written or read poems before but its kind of cool with the cryptic element of it.

Take care man,

Hey Frasier

sorry, i didn't get back to you sooner.  i don't check my actual introduction page that often since hardly anyone posts on it, and i have also been dealing with all sorts of medical problems related to my stomach and sleep the past two months.  i had been given some cold chicken by a neighbor in my apartment complex about 6 weeks back and i began vomiting violently for a day and then having severe balance problems where i couldn't walk down the apartment hallway more than a few feet without running into a wall.  i had texted my younger brother, who lives in town, about a ride to the hospital, since i couldn't even walk and he merely texted me back saying "i'm busy" and later "send me pics.  what does it (the piles of vomit in my apartment) look like?"   so, that kind of gives you an idea of my support system and what i am dealing with over here. i ended up having to call the ambulance for myself for the first time in my life and then got pretty poor treatment in the ER.  the doctors are only telling me i have "vertigo" even though i have a feeling my stomach problems are related to either bacteria or else the worms i found last March.   

my balance was so bad for a week after the food poisoning?  that i had to begin wearing a bike helmet for even short trips to the store on my bike, because when i would turn my head, i would completely lose my balance and either nearly crash in the street or else go off the road and over the curb.  one day, a biker passed me on the bike path near my apartment without giving me a warning, and when i turned my head out of surprise, i lost my balance and went into the weeds and nearly into a lake.  

the balance has gotten better, but i am still dealing with it a little bit. 

i am sorry to hear about your heat wave and couple of nights of bad sleep over there.  i live in  a third story apartment that has huge sliding glass patio windows that get direct sunlight from 2pm on each day and turn my apartment into an oven so i am fairly used to the effects of global warming these days.  i have had to run my air conditioner this summer, which i really hate to do, but my sleep has been so bad and with my stomach/constipation problems it makes sleeping in the heat nearly impossible.  My apartment complex is also starting a major re-roofing project this week (re-tarring the entire roof) and i live on the top floor so will have a construction crew walking across my ceiling and my apartment filling with the smell of tar fumes for 3 weeks straight which is an added stress i don't really need at the moment, but there's not much i can do about it.   

it's funny that you even speak about global warming,.  when i was on zyprexa and zoloft for all those years, i didn't do much with my life, but sleep and eat and watch television.   i would watch the news and always get angry that our news shows would not mention global warming hardly at all.  on the local news,  hot weather was invariably "good" and cold weather  was "bad".   they would also fail to mention that the overnight temperature lows were way above average, often 10-20 degrees or more, sometimes,   our nightly low temps would often be higher than the average high temp for the day and none of the weather forecasters would make much mention of it.   that was about all i did for years, was watch the news and get angry at how complacent and ignorant the weather people on the news were.  now, the phrase "global warming" is almost never even mentioned.   welcome to the era of repression, i guess.  

i actually blew out my cheap flat screen television last week when using the air conditioner (i had a power surge from the ac and it fried the tv) and had to look for a new one on craigslist.  i found  cheap television for sale a couple miles away and asked my next door neighbor for a ride.  He's 65 years old and partially senile.  last fall, he had knocked on my door to ask me a question and had forgotten to put on his pants and underwear.  i had opened my apartment door and all he had on was a sweatshirt.   He also has palsy in his legs and his knees are bent inwards and he can hardly walk- sometimes people see him crawling on his hands and knees in the apartment parking lot.  i had called Social Services because he wasn't even able to get out of his recliner for a week this spring, but Social Services said there is nothing they can do for him, if he wants to stay in his apartment.   that's how the U.S. is.  there's no social net to speak of.   He has no family or friends so i would bring him food and cook meals for him, but his apartment hasn't been cleaned in years, and there are clothes in piles everywhere and it smells so bad, that i gag after a few seconds over there (it smells extremely musty and like there is poopy underwear probably hidden in the pile of unwashed clothes somewhere.  it's really, really disgusting) .  i told the apartment management and there is nothing they would do either.  He should be in some sort of assisted living, but no one will do anything.

anyways, when my television broke, since i am sick on the couch a lot, i wanted to get a new one and i don't have a car, so i asked my neighbor for a ride to buy the tv)  We drove the two miles to the person's house who was selling the television and there was an awful smell in my neighbor's old minivan.  like something had died inside.  i had to roll down the passenger window to keep from throwing up during the ride, but my neighbor didn't seem to notice.   We got to the house with the television and i opened the back of his van and there were 3 lbs of pre-made beef patties that he had gotten from a food shelf that had gone bad just sitting in the back of his van.   they were grey and green and had been sitting in the back of his van for at least four days in the sun.  i couldn't believe it.  i asked him about it, but he was oblivious.  And his van hadn't just been sitting there with rotten hamburger patties in the back, he had been driving around the whole time to nearby parks trying to find people that he could "minister" to about Jesus!!!!!  the whole time his minivan stunk worse than a morgue.    talk about insane.  

anyways man,

talk to you later

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 4:39 AM, PoetJester said:

Hey Frasier

sorry, i didn't get back to you sooner.  i don't check my actual introduction page that often since hardly anyone posts on it, and i have also been dealing with all sorts of medical problems related to my stomach and sleep the past two months.  i had been given some cold chicken by a neighbor in my apartment complex about 6 weeks back and i began vomiting violently for a day and then having severe balance problems where i couldn't walk down the apartment hallway more than a few feet without running into a wall.  i had texted my younger brother, who lives in town, about a ride to the hospital, since i couldn't even walk and he merely texted me back saying "i'm busy" and later "send me pics.  what does it (the piles of vomit in my apartment) look like?"   so, that kind of gives you an idea of my support system and what i am dealing with over here. i ended up having to call the ambulance for myself for the first time in my life and then got pretty poor treatment in the ER.  the doctors are only telling me i have "vertigo" even though i have a feeling my stomach problems are related to either bacteria or else the worms i found last March.   

my balance was so bad for a week after the food poisoning?  that i had to begin wearing a bike helmet for even short trips to the store on my bike, because when i would turn my head, i would completely lose my balance and either nearly crash in the street or else go off the road and over the curb.  one day, a biker passed me on the bike path near my apartment without giving me a warning, and when i turned my head out of surprise, i lost my balance and went into the weeds and nearly into a lake.  

the balance has gotten better, but i am still dealing with it a little bit. 

i am sorry to hear about your heat wave and couple of nights of bad sleep over there.  i live in  a third story apartment that has huge sliding glass patio windows that get direct sunlight from 2pm on each day and turn my apartment into an oven so i am fairly used to the effects of global warming these days.  i have had to run my air conditioner this summer, which i really hate to do, but my sleep has been so bad and with my stomach/constipation problems it makes sleeping in the heat nearly impossible.  My apartment complex is also starting a major re-roofing project this week (re-tarring the entire roof) and i live on the top floor so will have a construction crew walking across my ceiling and my apartment filling with the smell of tar fumes for 3 weeks straight which is an added stress i don't really need at the moment, but there's not much i can do about it.   

it's funny that you even speak about global warming,.  when i was on zyprexa and zoloft for all those years, i didn't do much with my life, but sleep and eat and watch television.   i would watch the news and always get angry that our news shows would not mention global warming hardly at all.  on the local news,  hot weather was invariably "good" and cold weather  was "bad".   they would also fail to mention that the overnight temperature lows were way above average, often 10-20 degrees or more, sometimes,   our nightly low temps would often be higher than the average high temp for the day and none of the weather forecasters would make much mention of it.   that was about all i did for years, was watch the news and get angry at how complacent and ignorant the weather people on the news were.  now, the phrase "global warming" is almost never even mentioned.   welcome to the era of repression, i guess.  

i actually blew out my cheap flat screen television last week when using the air conditioner (i had a power surge from the ac and it fried the tv) and had to look for a new one on craigslist.  i found  cheap television for sale a couple miles away and asked my next door neighbor for a ride.  He's 65 years old and partially senile.  last fall, he had knocked on my door to ask me a question and had forgotten to put on his pants and underwear.  i had opened my apartment door and all he had on was a sweatshirt.   He also has palsy in his legs and his knees are bent inwards and he can hardly walk- sometimes people see him crawling on his hands and knees in the apartment parking lot.  i had called Social Services because he wasn't even able to get out of his recliner for a week this spring, but Social Services said there is nothing they can do for him, if he wants to stay in his apartment.   that's how the U.S. is.  there's no social net to speak of.   He has no family or friends so i would bring him food and cook meals for him, but his apartment hasn't been cleaned in years, and there are clothes in piles everywhere and it smells so bad, that i gag after a few seconds over there (it smells extremely musty and like there is poopy underwear probably hidden in the pile of unwashed clothes somewhere.  it's really, really disgusting) .  i told the apartment management and there is nothing they would do either.  He should be in some sort of assisted living, but no one will do anything.

anyways, when my television broke, since i am sick on the couch a lot, i wanted to get a new one and i don't have a car, so i asked my neighbor for a ride to buy the tv)  We drove the two miles to the person's house who was selling the television and there was an awful smell in my neighbor's old minivan.  like something had died inside.  i had to roll down the passenger window to keep from throwing up during the ride, but my neighbor didn't seem to notice.   We got to the house with the television and i opened the back of his van and there were 3 lbs of pre-made beef patties that he had gotten from a food shelf that had gone bad just sitting in the back of his van.   they were grey and green and had been sitting in the back of his van for at least four days in the sun.  i couldn't believe it.  i asked him about it, but he was oblivious.  And his van hadn't just been sitting there with rotten hamburger patties in the back, he had been driving around the whole time to nearby parks trying to find people that he could "minister" to about Jesus!!!!!  the whole time his minivan stunk worse than a morgue.    talk about insane.  

anyways man,

talk to you later

Derek

No worries man. Your crazy stories reminds me of the comic books I used to read when I was younger. I wasn't allowed to buy them but I read them at friends house and when older I bought some of them. The story was usually

around characters in misery of some kind. Always in crazy scenarios with humorous details. Awesome graphics and sharp dark punch lines or comments.

I know its not the same living in those environments. Must be really rough especially considering your health status right now. How are you eating nowadays? Can you buy reasonable food? Is TV still working? 

I attach a link I found to a sun blocking system if you don't have one. I think it can help keep of the heat. Ive seen cheaper copies on eBay etc.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Sun-Control-Window-Films-Night-Vision-Series-for-Commercial/?N=5002385+3292716678&rt=rud

• 4 weeks later...

i was going to send send you a private message but I couldn’t for some reason.

i have a question for you, how long did it take after you had gotten off of your medication for your pleasureful ejaculstions come back.

thanks for answering if you do & I hope your doing well. 😊

Edited by ChessieCat
moved from tigersnake's' topic

My Medical History, I was 10 when I was first put on medication and I am now 18, I was on Lovan from roughly 2010-2013, I have been on Risperidone from 2010 to now, My risperidone started at 0.5mg and slowly went up to 4mg and then down to 2mg (I don't have any dates, sorry), I am currently tapering off my 2mg of risperidone with this schedule, 1.5mg from the 14th of july to the 31st of august, 1mg from the 1st of September to the 14th of October, 0.5mg from the 15th of October to the 30th of November, I am currently having no withdrawals, My side effects from the killer medication aka risperidone include, Dry Mouth, Dry Eyes, Inability to feel full from food, inability to derive pleasure from ejaculating , Depression And Emotional Numbness (when I don't feel depressed). Thanks for reading.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please respond to tigersnake's question in their topic.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hi, PJ, how are you doing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Tania

@PoetJesterDerek you know that you should not be making drug recommendations.

i have the indescribably terrible nightmares, too, and the drunk walking.  you could look into something called Rifaximin.  It's an anti biotic for removing ammonia from the bloodstream.   the all day sleeping, not being able to get out of bed thing almost sound like hepatic encephalopathy (HE) which Rifaximin is used for along with a laxative called Lactulose. 

Derek

@PoetJester please stop making drug recommendations.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 10:57 PM, PoetJester said:

i Rupa,

I believe I have the same condition that you describe with the brain dreaming.  I begin to dream as soon as I close my eyes but before I am asleep.   I ha

Hey, how are you doing now?

I am going through a similar stuff. For me I take trazodone to sleep. Get small amounts through. 

Fluoxetine:  40mg-50mg, 1to 8 Dec 2018

Clonazepam:  4mg daily, 1 to 8 Dec 2018; 0.5mg PRN from 17 Dec to 7 Jan 2019 (approx 6 days)

Risperidone:  2mg (1mg am & pm), 8th to 15th Dec 2018

Trazadone:  50mg daily  17 Dec 2018 to 7 Jan 2018

• 11 months later...

Yeah, i have felt the same way about half the days the past six years now.  The entire time i was having the **** sleep, i had an older senile neighbor living next door in my apartment complex.  he knocked on my door one night without pants or underwear on trying to hand me a cell phone and was constantly knocking on my door asking for favors and lived in apartment full of severely unclean underwear that hadn't been washed in years....I also had another older fellow living directly below me getting loaded and cranking his surround sound television at full volume until my floor shook like a movie theater balcony from 8pm-1am every night for a year straight,. 

This guy was about 65 years old, a drunk with several drunk driving arrests who had just gotten out of the County Workhouse for his 4th driving while intoxicated ticket and also driving with a revoked license and stolen license plates on his car.  he was leaving me anonymous letters in my mailbox and slipped under my door since about 2016,  letters about getting a shave and a haircut and a job (even while i was picking the golf balls 30 hours a week).  some were pretty nasty- telling me to get my "brains fried with ECT"  or else calling me "a worthless piece of **** of a human being".   The two guys were friends too and talked on the phone. 

Once when i called social services to file a vulnerable adult report on my next door neighbor (he had palsy and could barely walk and was sometimes crawling through the street) within maybe 30 seconds of  talking on the phone to a social worker, i had heard someone run up the stair well in my apartment complex and knock on the door of my next door neighbor's apartment.  It was the drunk guy coming to take out his trash and recycling so that his apartment would not be quite as unhealthy/condemnable if social worker stopped by to check on him  (it smelt like a morgue or maybe a giant human diaper over there.  I was his (the senile guy) unofficial PCA for 1 1/2 years occasionally cooking food for him or doing his laundry, and i would smell like bleu cheese after just a few seconds in his apartment and was constantly close to tears i smelt so bad. he also liked to read the Bible in his old run-down recliner without pants or underwear on and i once found rotting hamburger meat in the back of his van that he wasn't aware of.  he had been driving around for almost a week in Aug 2018 with the meat in back in 90 F heat going around to parks to find people to 'minister' to about Christ.).  

i had gone to apartment management to complain of the television from the downstairs apartment and was told it was a "young, deaf girl" who lived below me and who "needed her t.v. loud to hear it."    The apartment management basically covered for the guy to torture me.  I finally kept complaining and after a year they got him to turn down his television, but then late one night last spring as i had nausea and headaches one evening, the television came on again.  I went downstairs and pounded on his door and the guy came to his door with earplugs in and a malicious grin on his face saying "oh.  I can't hear you.  I must be deaf."   Just intentionally screwing with me because the apartment management allowed him to.  I guess what i am trying to say, is just try to find something to fight for.....i feel like **** and look horrible most days, but what these guys were doing to me wasn't right, so i try to stick around......

Poetjester

• Administrator

That sounds terrible, PJ. It's hard to find a quiet place to live when you don't have much money.

This is just a post from Dec 2018 from a facebook medication withdrawal group that i am part of....

A Withdrawal Memory:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------when i quit zoloft and zyprexa in Feb. of 2014, i had spent a week going without much sleep and projectile vomiting all around my apartment and had gotten so weak that i was crawling to the refrigerator to drink salad dressing and oyster sauce for proteins.   My parents lived nearby at the time and I had called my mother, and begged her to bring me fresh fruit from the grocery store (i knew that if i didn't get any, i would probably die i was so sick and malnourished from all the vomiting). My mother had asked me what i needed fruit for and then started complaining to me about how it was "out of season" and "expensive", but i persisted and she finally, reluctantly, brought over some strawberries, tangerines and blueberries that i wolfed down.   I was thinking about it the other day and at the time, my mother and father had just gotten back from spending a couple of months on vacation 1500 miles away in Arizona at a condominium they rent out every winter outside of Phoenix, so her argument about the fruit being out of season was a little hypocritical.  A couple of strange fruits themselves, my parents....🤗

On 12/19/2019 at 1:04 PM, Altostrata said:

That sounds terrible, PJ. It's hard to find a quiet place to live when you don't have much money.

Yeah, it's been a pretty terrible environment for six years now, Altostrata.   The first year of wd for me in 2014, our apartment complex decided to have a major renovation project done where all the siding and apartment balconies were ripped out and replaced.  For two months, a team of 30+ construction workers were tearing the building apart (it's a large 200 unit building) from 7am-7pm, six days a week- powerdrills, powerhammers, huge industrial wood chippers next to the apartment complex and at the time, i was sleeping 6am-9am and so the construction crews would get to the apartment just as i was falling asleep, so for two months i was having to walk the city without sleep, occasionally sitting down on park benches as my head would fall on my chest from exhaustion......  then add to it the above mentioned senile folk and drunks later on.   Not a great place to convalesce when i'm not sleeping well.   It 2014, i kept thinking i should be in some sort of hospice setting considering how poorly i was sleeping and instead i got to try to recooperate in this hell........

• 11 months later...

Poetjester, how are you? Hope you fine. Do you still have sleep problems?

May - october 2017 - Mirtazapine from 7.5 - 12mg mg for insomnia

May - october 2017 Lyrica 100mg a day.

October-november 2017 - both mirt and Lyrica, or one of them went paradoxical, exteme vertigo after Lyrica. Cut down Lyrica to 3x25mg a day, same vertigo, CT Lyrica. Insomnia developed severe on 12 MG mirtazapine, reduced to 7.5, still insomnia, reduced to 3.75 still.insomnia. CT mirt. 

November 2017 - present burning feet, pins and needles, muscle spasms, myoclonus limbs, head, bugs crawling my head burning hands, left side worst. Ears cracking sensation.

May 2019 - put on gabapentin 100mg 4xday to counteract insomnia

• ChessieCat changed the title to PoetJester: among the living again after 15 yrs of Zoloft and Zyprexa
  • 1 month later...

Hello 

Are you still having sleep problems? I had terrible sleep issues and got a very good doctor who is drug free and helped me to entirely resolve the sleep issues during withdrawal and I sleep better than before withdrawal too.

Anyway happy to post it here as this doctor is very expensive and I’m very fortunate to have medicare pay for it.

The method takes a few months but it really works as long as you stick to it.

Let me know 

• 1 month later...

@Zippy If you know someone who can help so many people in this forum suffering from sleeping issues, you should tell it in the forum itself. I even messaged you privately and you agreed to tell me the further instructions for better sleep and den you left the conversation. If you have something den speak up. Me and so many people can be benefitted from your advice.if you don't have anything to tell den don't post such fake messages from your end in order to provide comfort to the people here .🙏🙏🙏

March 2013 -April 2013 citalopram 5 mg/Clonazepam 0.5 mg/ Beta blockers

April 2013- June 2013 I was not taking any meds, feeling worst

June 2013 -Dec 2013 Fluxetine 20 mg

Dec 2013 Feb 2014 i was not taking meds

Feb 2014 - Jan 2016 - on and off the paroxitine 12.5 as I was not aware these were harmful drugs

As I left the drugs 3 year back so I don't remeber the exact date but tried to recall it as a best match

Jan2016- till now not taking any drugs

Syntoms- Quality sleep, brain feel tired but improving If I compare from past years