SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Intro to RatedRKO16

RatedRKO16

Now i am a little confused as to what drugs you are on . Cant see paxil in your drug sig

Are you able to update your drug sig.

Are you saying you have never taken paxil. Did you mean zoloft instead.

Sorry to read of tragic loss of family members.

I was on Paxil until January 9th, January 10th I switched to Zoloft, February 1st I dropped it. I will change my sig again.

Starting taking Paxil & Valium in 2002/2003 (Tried nearly all other SSRI's and a few others in this time. Don't have the names.)
Tapered Valium from 60 mg to 8 mg from April 2014 to Current

Tapered 8 mg to 6 mg from October '15 to November '15

November '15 switch from 30 mg Paxil to 20 mg Prozac for a week then 30 mg Prozac

Tapered last 6 mg to 0 via rapid taper, .5 mg per day for 14 days starting Dec 17, ending Dec 30

December '15 went back to 20 mg of Prozac. Really, really bad sx on 30 mg

Switch to Zoloft 25 mg January 10 2016, dropped Prozac 20 mg

Dropped Zoloft 25 mg January 31 2016

Reinstated Prozac 10 mg shortly after

Stopped Prozac after 3 days on February 3 2016

• Moderator Emeritus

You have a terrific attitude Rated , and you'll need that strength of purpose in the coming months.

The thing about withdrawal is this:  you think you've had it as bad as it could ever get , until it goes to a whole new level.

After around 13 years on ssri's you're at risk of protracted withdrawal syndrome.   Once that kicks in , it's not as simple

to reinstate a past med.

This is me 8 months after my last dose of cymbalta in 2013.   I tapered over 3 months , and was okay for the first few months. Then things went downhill , and akathisia set in.  I was like this for 5 months.

I'm sharing this so you are aware of the possible consequences of your choices.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you had it so rough.  :wub:

Starting taking Paxil & Valium in 2002/2003 (Tried nearly all other SSRI's and a few others in this time. Don't have the names.)

November '15 switch from 30 mg Paxil to 20 mg Prozac for a week then 30 mg Prozac

Tapered last 6 mg to 0 via rapid taper, .5 mg per day for 14 days starting Dec 17, ending Dec 30

Wow fresh you are a warrior beyond comprehension. What you have survived is absolutely unbelievable.

Paxil 20-30mgs since 2004.

Three previous withdrawal attempts 2008,2012 and 2015 all cold turkey.

Reinstated 10mg February 20th 2016

3/20/16-9mg 4/5/16-8mg 5/5/16-7mg 5/25/16-6mg 6/25/16-5mg 8/7/16-updose to 6mg 9/7/16 5.5mg 10/10/16-5mg 11/10/16-4.5mg

One thing that helps me is to see your withdrawal process as your own personal journey. Do not internalize someone else's withdrawal as your own. 

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."  - Maya Angelou

• Moderator Emeritus

Achh , it was nothing , lol.    

Honestly , it was the most terrifying thing , I didn't believe I could ever get better.  I believed I was going to have to live

in an institution in the countryside for the rest of my life.

I'm back to normal now , it's true that these symptoms aren't permanent.

Rated ,  this is a seriously unpredictable thing we're dealing with.

If things start getting bad for you , do consider reinstating and tapering slowly.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

2/15/16 - My muscle tension kept increasing to a point where I couldn't take it and reinstated 10 mg of Prozac. I think I caught it before it got too bad, but what was said in here scared me so I've been keeping an eye on things.  Just thought I'd give that update. I will probably just hold here for the rest of the month until I see my psychiatrist early next month.

I'll also add that it's a real bummer, because I felt like I could otherwise handle this pretty easily. I lasted 6 days with no medication for the first time in 13 years. A real bummer. I will be off of it come April.

• Moderator Emeritus

How many days of prozac 10mg have you had Rated?

Have you had any symptom relief yet?

"I was on Paxil until January 9th, January 10th I switched to Zoloft, February 1st I dropped it. I will change my sig again'

How come you didn't go back onto zoloft?

I applaud you , you may have spared yourself months of needless suffering.  We'll help you come off safely.

The thing to do now is to let your brain stabilize and recover from the changes in the past few months.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

How many days of prozac 10mg have you had Rated?

Have you had any symptom relief yet?

"I was on Paxil until January 9th, January 10th I switched to Zoloft, February 1st I dropped it. I will change my sig again'

How come you didn't go back onto zoloft?

I applaud you , you may have spared yourself months of needless suffering.  We'll help you come off safely.

The thing to do now is to let your brain stabilize and recover from the changes in the past few months.

I chose Prozac because the side effects I had on Zoloft were not livable. I was grinding my teeth in the night which is something I had never done before.  Prozac I have a little extra sweating, but that seems like a more tolerable side effect. 

I feel a little better this morning. Thanks for the advice. :)

Hi Rated.   That was probably a wise choice, to reinstate. I hope it goes well.  It would be a good idea to keep note of your symptoms over the next few weeks.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Let us know how you are doing, and come back with any questions or concerns.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give an update.

My doctor knew that I crossed over to Zoloft. I have not told her I dropped my Zoloft. It was causing me to sweat, have diarrhea, and grind my teeth in the night which caused a lot of muscle tension in my neck and head.

James what did the doctor say about quitting the zoloft.

Did she also recommend the switch to prozac. I assume you got the prozac from the doctor.

It could well be that what you are attributng to zoloft may possibly have been withdrawal symptoms from a CT off paxil after 13 yrs use.In other words the zoloft did not cover the paxil withdrawal. And you are perhaps still in benzo wdl . When i got off paxil my diarrhea was so bad i lost count of the number of accidents i had i would have given my 2 yr old nephew some serious competition.

Whats the doctors thoughts should the proxac not cover the withdrawal symptoms? Sometimes they try to double the dose in an effort to allievaite them.

I will be off of it come April.

May i ask how you plan to accomplish that in april. ?

If you do this it may result in what has occurred in the past a CT followed by withdrawal symptoms followed by a new drug.

May i gently ask have you read any of the links people have been giving you.. It may take many years to taper off safely ....not one or two months..

I will probably just hold here for the rest of the month until I see my psychiatrist early next month.

Here is my prediction.

You will be told you have treatment resistant psychological issues and then given perhaps an anti psychotic, a benzo, with a possible incr in the prozac....or a switch to effexor.

My experience with these people is they dont have anything helpful to say i hope that will not be your experience.

Wishing you strength and stability.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hi Rated.   That was probably a wise choice, to reinstate. I hope it goes well.  It would be a good idea to keep note of your symptoms over the next few weeks.

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

Let us know how you are doing, and come back with any questions or concerns.

Ali

Thanks Ali.

Thanks for taking the time to give an update.

My doctor knew that I crossed over to Zoloft. I have not told her I dropped my Zoloft. It was causing me to sweat, have diarrhea, and grind my teeth in the night which caused a lot of muscle tension in my neck and head.

James what did the doctor say about quitting the zoloft.

Did she also recommend the switch to prozac. I assume you got the prozac from the doctor.

It could well be that what you are attributng to zoloft may possibly have been withdrawal symptoms from a CT off paxil after 13 yrs use.In other words the zoloft did not cover the paxil withdrawal. And you are perhaps still in benzo wdl . When i got off paxil my diarrhea was so bad i lost count of the number of accidents i had i would have given my 2 yr old nephew some serious competition.

Whats the doctors thoughts should the proxac not cover the withdrawal symptoms? Sometimes they try to double the dose in an effort to allievaite them.

I will be off of it come April.

May i ask how you plan to accomplish that in april. ?

If you do this it may result in what has occurred in the past a CT followed by withdrawal symptoms followed by a new drug.

May i gently ask have you read any of the links people have been giving you.. It may take many years to taper off safely ....not one or two months..

I will probably just hold here for the rest of the month until I see my psychiatrist early next month.

Here is my prediction.

You will be told you have treatment resistant psychological issues and then given perhaps an anti psychotic, a benzo, with a possible incr in the prozac....or a switch to effexor.

My experience with these people is they dont have anything helpful to say i hope that will not be your experience.

Wishing you strength and stability.

I haven't conversed with my doctor yet, because it costs as much as seeing her to give her a call and get any sort of advice, which I've already done 4 times over the past month or month and a half. I had only been on Zoloft for 2 weeks. I feel like I know my doctor well enough to feel 90% sure she'd tell me to go back on Prozac or try another medication... and I really don't want to try another medication.  It's very good point it could have been Paxil/Prozac withdrawal symptoms.  I feel like Prozac was close enough to what Paxil was. I feel like Zoloft is different.  So, it's very possible. I don't think the teeth grinding was benzo related, however. It stopped the day after I quit Zoloft, so 48 hours after not having it in my system and haven't been doing that since.

My plan to do this by April is staying on 10 mg of Prozac for the month of February. 5 mg for the month of March. And hopefully off... if I have to taper from there I will.  I will be discussing this with my doctor when I see her in a couple weeks and make sure it's a good plan.

I've been put on Zyprexa and other really sedating drugs in the past and do not care for them. I will not go on them again. I will not increase my Prozac because past 10 mg I start to get worse side effects than at 10. Effexor was extremely ineffective for me.  That's a really good prediction, though! These are definitely things doctors have tried in the past.

I have some Buspar as well that the doctor has told me I can take if I need to, although I'm very hesitant to for obvious reasons.

RKO

Quote  :   " My plan to do this by April is staying on 10 mg of Prozac for the month of February. 5 mg for the month of March. And hopefully off... if I have to taper from there I will.  I will be discussing this with my doctor when I see her in a couple weeks and make sure it's a good plan. "

Can I say , this is not very wise.  It's far too fast. We advise tapering by  a 10 % dosage reduction.  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Your doctor, most probably will not know the correct way to taper safely. Very few ,do.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the situation.

she'd tell me to go back on Prozac or

So where does prozac sit in the drug history.

Have you been taking prozac and paxil together at times?

I cant help but feel you have stockpiled enough drugs to be able to run your own pharmacy store.

You might like to decide where you are going for info ...the doctor (their track record hasnt been very helpful) , your ideas and hoarded stockpile to 'get by' or a place that recognises and acknowledges the difficulty of getting off psychiatric drugs and has provided a pile of 'truth' and testimonies to help you make an informed decision.

Alig has already given this but i table it again and ask what do you think of this idea:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

On 10mg of drug it would take about 2 yrs tapering using this idea....what do you think of that. 

Its difficult to imagine such slow tapering  but that is what people are finding is giving the best chance of getting drug free....and stopping being a regular contributor to the the docs annuity to perpetuity.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

RKO please dude take longer than that. If you can function on Prozac just taper slowly. Follow the advice of the people on here they have been through it all. I have recently reinstated my Paxil after 5-6 months. I am praying to god my reinstatement goes well. This time I am tapering slowly. I know you want to get off this stuff fast but it is just not the way it works. 

I am so thankful to have found this site and for the people here helping me. Just take their advice, but in the end it's up to you.

Paxil 20-30mgs since 2004.

Three previous withdrawal attempts 2008,2012 and 2015 all cold turkey.

Reinstated 10mg February 20th 2016

3/20/16-9mg 4/5/16-8mg 5/5/16-7mg 5/25/16-6mg 6/25/16-5mg 8/7/16-updose to 6mg 9/7/16 5.5mg 10/10/16-5mg 11/10/16-4.5mg

One thing that helps me is to see your withdrawal process as your own personal journey. Do not internalize someone else's withdrawal as your own. 

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."  - Maya Angelou

I finally started feeling better yesterday, a week after Prozac reinstatement. Just thought I'd give an update.

Glad to hear you are having a good day thanks for updating .

Recovering paxil addict

Yeah... I'm done for. My anxiety is fine, really... my chest has got so tight that my shoulders are rotated in to the point where you would notice it if you saw me. Bent over like a hunchback with a short neck. My neck is tight and I constantly have to tell myself to straighten it. My hands feel like they have carpal tunnel, I was getting cramps writing notes today for class after a sentence.

This was a big mistake. I have a dr's appt Friday. I don't know what I can do now. I've been taking ibuprofen 3 times per day and it does nothing. I've thought of reinstating more Prozac, but then I'll get my sweating back and as bad as this sounds, that's just as bad.  It's been nice wearing hoodies inside again. I haven't been able to do that for 12 years, I'd wear short sleeves because the sweating would be too much, even if I was cold.

Anyways, I have some Flexiril from when I hurt my back a couple years back. I've taken that a couple times. It really helped on Saturday, then I took it again Monday night and it knocked me out but didn't seem to be beneficial for any other purpose. So, that kind of seems dumb.

That's where I'm at.

• Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like you have made a lot of changes in medications over the last month, so its difficult to know what might be causing this symptom.

How much Prozac are you taking now Rated, and when did you start taking it? Were you taking Prozac previously, its not listed in your signature. Please would you update your signature so its easier for us to keep up with your history and recent drug changes.

Please add dosages to your signature.

When did the muscle tension start? Before or after you started taking Prozac? Is it getting worse?

Edited by Petunia

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

I don't know why my drug list was so mixed up. It's been a foggy ride. This is as accurate as I can get it for you and it's in order chronologically.

I've thought of upping Prozac to 20 mg but I just don't know if the slight benefit I may get from that is worth it at this point or if I should push further.  Plus I realize I've been making a  ton of changes all at once and it's probably best for me to give my body some sort of stability?

It would be wise , to hold , for now .  A long hold and then  , a very slow taper !

• Administrator

Hello, Rated.

It looks to me like you have made a lot of ad hoc changes in your drugs over the last 6 months or so. On and off, switching this and that.

It's very possible what you thought were adverse effects from a new drug were withdrawal symptoms from the prior drug.

Quitting a benzo as you have can make your nervous system vulnerable to any drug changes and hypersensitive to what were previously tolerable dosages of anything.

It sounds to me like 5mg Prozac is TOO MUCH for you. If I were you, I would reduce it right away to 2.5mg. For instructions about titration, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine) You can make a liquid with water, or you can get liquid Prozac with a prescription.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It sounds to me like 5mg Prozac is TOO MUCH for you. If I were you, I would reduce it right away to 2.5mg. For instructions about titration, see Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine) You can make a liquid with water, or you can get liquid Prozac with a prescription.

Where did you get this information? I haven't ever been on 5 mg, I'm on 10 mg now. That's a very small dosage, I feel like my effects are from lack of an SSRI rather than too much of one. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am..

Should I seriously even consider dropping down at this point?

• Administrator

Sorry for the error. if I were you, I'd cut that dosage in half, to 5mg.

I am saying this because it's very, very common that people come here as you have with nervous systems already sensitized by going on and off drugs, and they get adverse reactions to "normal" dosages.

When your nervous system is sensitized, more is not better.

It takes at least 4 days for an antidepressant to get to "steady state" in your bloodstream. As it ramped up, you were feeling better a couple of days ago. But Prozac has an unusually long half-life and the effect kept on rising. You now may have symptoms of excess serotonergic stimulation. Yes, if I were you, I'd cut the dosage in half right away.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Sorry for the error. if I were you, I'd cut that dosage in half, to 5mg.

I am saying this because it's very, very common that people come here as you have with nervous systems already sensitized by going on and off drugs, and they get adverse reactions to "normal" dosages.

When your nervous system is sensitized, more is not better.

It takes at least 4 days for an antidepressant to get to "steady state" in your bloodstream. As it ramped up, you were feeling better a couple of days ago. But Prozac has an unusually long half-life and the effect kept on rising. You now may have symptoms of excess serotonergic stimulation. Yes, if I were you, I'd cut the dosage in half right away.

That's a really good point that I've never thought of. Unfortunately I already took my 10 for the day, but I will try 5 tomorrow.

Nothing helps. I got a massage and 4 hours later my body is back to a tense mess. I was given Metaloxone but I don't want to take it.

Perception of pain is slightly better on 5 mg of Prozac, but tension seems to be holding in my body more and I have elevated anxiety.

Either way, I can't win. I don't know what else to do but to go along for the ride.

• Moderator Emeritus

It will take 4 days for your body to register the drop from 10mg to 5mg , so hang in there.

From www.drugs.com ,    metaxolone may help pain but may create other problems while taking it with Prozac.

"Moderate

fluoxetine  metaxalone

Applies to: Prozac (fluoxetine), metaxalone

Using FLUoxetine together with metaxalone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Looks like I need a new medical doctor.

This is the end of day 4. Hopefully it starts getting better then.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yup.  We're all extremely fortunate to have found our way here.  We're going to get better in spite of our

doctor's misguided advice.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

I'm done for. I just had the worst day since I started this journey a year and a half ago. I had the most frustrating day. I completely blanked out for both of my exams, which has happened many times. I probably won't pass a class this semester. I was excited to get out and go lift. I hadn't lifted for a week and a half because my body just can't take the tension. I had the worst workout since I started lifting in 2001. That's not even an exaggeration. I have lost every bit of strength I have gained. I couldn't even work up to a point where I was really sweating. I couldn't push myself. I was so exhausted. All my joints hurt and when I say all I mean ALL. My knees and hips especially though. If it keeps going this way, I won't be able to walk half a mile from class to class. Seriously. It's THAT bad. I got to my car and I just started bawling. Nothing was going right today. I'm depressed because I'm not exercising and I can't exercise because my body is falling apart. In any other situation this would be such an easy fix but even yoga feels too intense and really doesn't help anymore. I don't lose any tension from doing an hour of yoga anymore. I feel more pain afterwards than anything. More exhaustion. I don't need exhaustion. I'm stressed. I can't take a break. I need a break. From school or this because the two mixed together just isn't working anymore.

I have tried to be strong for so, so long. I have a psych appt. tomorrow. I don't know what to do. This isn't getting better. I can't do anything to make myself better. What can I do??? The only thing that helps for my pain is my muscle relaxers and I can't even take that with my SSRI!  Like holy ****. What the hell am I suppose to do!?! I'm going to end up in the hospital.

Help.

I was in the best shape of my life 3 months ago. Now I'm basically a cripple. A depressed, anxious cripple that can't remember anything.

Maybe I should have just stuck out not taking anything. I had all the signs of seretonin syndrome before I quit my SSRI (maybe my valium had been covering it up?), quit my SSRI and other things happened, and now I'm in a seretonin syndrome situation at 5 mg of Prozac.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please can you add the dates you  added 10mg prozac and then changed to 5mg to your signture.  

It can take quite some weeks to stabilize after reinstating.  There are no magic cures here , just patience.

As you're aware , many people become so ill that they can't drive or exercise or leave the house.  The fact that

you can still do many things is what you need to focus on , rather than what you can't do at the moment.

If you had a broken spine , you'd likely be resting and treating your body gently.   This is no different , except that

this condition affects so many parts of your mind and body.

You need to acknowledge that you are sick , that this is temporary and you will get better , and figure out how

to manage in the meantime.  

None of the fears or sensations can hurt you , and it's okay to cry.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Please can you add the dates you  added 10mg prozac and then changed to 5mg to your signture.  

It can take quite some weeks to stabilize after reinstating.  There are no magic cures here , just patience.

As you're aware , many people become so ill that they can't drive or exercise or leave the house.  The fact that

you can still do many things is what you need to focus on , rather than what you can't do at the moment.

If you had a broken spine , you'd likely be resting and treating your body gently.   This is no different , except that

this condition affects so many parts of your mind and body.

You need to acknowledge that you are sick , that this is temporary and you will get better , and figure out how

to manage in the meantime.  

None of the fears or sensations can hurt you , and it's okay to cry.

That's what I needed someone to tell me. Thank you.

It would be nice to start feeling better.. that's all. Any improvement at all would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ever heard of muscle wasting happening after getting off SSRI's? 

Recovering paxil addict