Kerrym: Can someone help me please

Kerrym

• Administrator

What parts of your body are twitching, is this worse at any times of day? What does the twitching feel like?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My legs mainly.. in my back also 

No particular time of day no 

It feels like an involuntary movement.

• Administrator

Is it painful? Is it a little movement or a big movement? How often does this happen during the day? Do you do a lot of sitting?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

No its not sore....quite a big movement. 

Yes i do sit often...just comes and goes throughout the day.

• Administrator

I'd do some stretching of your back and legs. Get outside and walk -- with safe distancing.

Still looking for that drug history, Kerry.

I don't have a pc to do it.

Is twitching a sign of damage or over stimulation?

Hypothetically,could you answer my question please?

Thanks

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Kerrym said:

I also stopped my birth control pill same time as i had my reaction

Going off estrogen or endocrinological drugs can cause bad reactions.

Still looking for your drug history in your signature, Kerry. Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

We can't answer hypothetical questions about whether this or that sensation is related to going on and off psychiatric drugs. History and timing are necessary to make an informed  guess.

Ok..   

Should i start my birth pill back do you think.. ?

I only have my mobile phone so i can't do a signature 

• Administrator
On 10/26/2015 at 11:46 AM, Kerrym said:

The doctor says my liver is inflamed and has went up 50% since I started taking it though.

Have your liver tests been normal in the last several years?

On 5/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, Kerrym said:

No,27 months ago i done a 3 month taper and didn't experience any withdrawal at all.15mg for 1 and a half months and then 7.5 for 1 and a half months.then off..

. then 4 months ago i woken up with a very stiff neck...week after that very bad anxiety which prompted a visit to my gp who placed me back on mirtazapine 15mg.

I stayed on that for 2 weeks but experienced fasculations worsening anxiety and burning sensations all over my body.Then i stopped cold turkey as my gp told me to.

Kerry, it doesn't sound to me like you had mirtazapine withdrawal syndrome when you woke up with a stiff neck. It does sound like you had an adverse reaction to 15mg mirtazapine when you took it again.

When did you go off birth control pills? Was it before you got a stiff neck?

I don't think the "fasculations" as you describe them are significant. If the other symptoms are leftovers from the adverse reaction to mirtazapine, they should gradually fade.

Could there be other reasons you might have these ongoing symptoms? Do you drink alcohol occasionally? Have you taken any antibiotics in the last 6 months?

There are many possible causes of these symptoms.

I don't know what you should do about birth control pills. Did you go off them because they were making you sick? Were they affecting your liver? You'll have to talk to your doctor about taking them again, possibly at a lower dose. We don't counsel about endocrinological drugs here.

Hiya,

I came off the birth control after i took the adverse reaction as i thought they might've made my situation worse.

Can you get withdrawal from them?

Yes i do drink...but only twice in the last 4 month and woke up with burning abd internal tremors.

No i haven't took anymore meds.

I'm worried about my time on mirtazapine the second time and my reaction to it as I've read it can take a long time to sort.

I know it isn't recommended here but I'm going to try a new medication to see if i can make myself feel better.

Low dose of a non stimulating one maybe

I have a question regarding my suspected delayed withdrawal....

Would i have had some sort of withdrawal 27 month's back after i came off it instead of developing it 23 months off?

I didn't notice any sort of withdrawal when i came off it.....then developed an extremely stiff neck and bad anxiety 23 month's later.

Could something have triggered the withdrawal off that late down the line?

Thanks

• Administrator

Your nervous system probably was sensitized from going on and off drugs and every time you drank probably caused it to be more upset. You're going to have to let it settle down. You'll have to stop drinking, it sets off your symptoms.

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

Hi @Altostrata thanks for taking the time for advising me.I appreciate it.

Could you answer the question reguarding the delayed withdrawal above please? 😊

Thanks

• Administrator

Every time you drink, you are making yourself sick.

As you have multiple registrations, this thread is closed.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Kerrym: Can someone help me please
  • Altostrata locked this topic