☼ ChessieCat: so I'm not the only one (Pristiq / desvenlafaxine)

ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone who has wished me well.  It was lovely to be able to share my zero day with the SA members.  Especially since I didn't have anyone in real life to share the big day with.

Zero Update:  After I posted that I had stopped Pristiq, I decided that I would wait for 4 weeks until I posted again.  And today is the day.

At no time during the last 4 weeks have I even considered whether I did the right thing or not when I jumped to zero.  No time have I thought that I might need to take a teeny tiny dose.  I think that says a lot.  But I have not yet thrown out my left over capsules, just in case.  That day will happen, but not yet.

Because of the way my taper ended, with me deciding to wait until after I had settled into my new low carb diet, it was a non-event when it happened.  Of course my focus had been changed to my health challenge - diabetes.  After I stopped the Pristiq it wasn't until a few evenings later that I thought oh, that's right I don't need to take my dose.  Because I take a blood pressure tablet and some other supplements in the morning I didn't even think about the morning dose.  I did remember every now and then and think oh, I'm not taking it any more, or oh I am off/finished with that now.

Health Update: 

Weight loss:  6 kgs / 13.25 lbs (which is almost 1 stone!) 

And I have not gone hungry. 

Weight loss has slowed but that is not unusual.  I have noticed that some areas of my body are changing and trousers that would not have been comfortable on before are now looser.  Thankfully (due to Covid lockdown) I never got rid of the trousers that didn't fit, so I am hoping that there might be some in that pile that I can make use off.  When I see the doctor for my blood test results I am planning on wearing some close (not tight) fitting clothes.  Part of me thinks/hopes she will say something really positive about it but the other part of me is preparing for her to not say anything positive and that she might actually be very reserved and be cautious about what she says, especially if she thinks I have starved myself and done huge amounts of exercise to reach it.  If she thinks this way, then she will probably be assuming that I will put it all back on again, and possibly even more.

And I can now wear my newest really nice bras, which become uncomfortable not long after I bought them.  I also have some older really nice bras which I had hardly worn which will probably fit nicely again.

Stomach:  I have lost 1 inch from around my stomach measured at the  bell button / navel.

This week I will be seeing my physiotherapist for a full assessment; I've never had one because I only saw a physio when I had issues.  I want to check to make sure that I am doing all the necessary exercises/stretches/weights for the various parts of my body.

Thankfully I have been finding a lot of foods to eat and recipes that I like, even creating a few of my own.  I'm thinking of buying a chef's hat!  I've managed to make a lot of meals to freeze the main item.  Beef bolognaise and cook up garlic zucchini, beef stroganoff with (frozen) cauliflower and broccoli, chicken and mushroom with (frozen) brussel sprouts and cauliflower.  My latest creation is beef marinated in garlic and soy to which I added a cream cheese sauce.  I am going to try it was (frozen) baby green beans and cauliflower.  Each of those recipes makes 5 portions so I have one fresh and freeze 4.

I also decided that I didn't like the fresh (frozen) salmon, which I tried hot and also refrigerated after cooking.  But I did manage to find a recipe for baked salmon cakes which I like.  I have it with avocado, tomato, cucumber, red capsicum (bell pepper), red onion, chopped up baby spinach with tzatziki dip mixed through.

Earlier this week the grocery store had Lindt 95% cocoa chocolate on special at 1/3 off.  I went in to buy 12 bars, then thought I would buy 24 bars, then realised how much that was going to cost, so I settled on 18.  When I eat it I only have 1 square after a meal, and I break it into pieces.  It is enough.  At 1 square per day I have 6 months' worth!

So I now have 4 "desserts" for when I feel like something after a meal.  Chocolate, a teaspoon of tahini, 1 tablespoon of pure peanut butter, and raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamia and cashews).  The only drinks I consume are tap water, coffee with a small amount of soy milk (I prefer the taste), sparkling plain mineral water, and sometimes I will suck on 1/2 dozen plain ice cubes (not all at once though!)

Although I didn't plan it this way, I have gradually been throwing out the high carb and processed foods.  It is so nice to go to the freezer and see that the majority of the food is low carb.  And one day when I was about to go grocery shopping I realised it was because my fridge vegetable drawer was nearly empty!  Whereas before it was almost always nearly empty because I wasn't buying much fresh produce.

I have heard it said many times during my life that when you go grocery shopping you should buy most of your products from the outside sections of the shop.  And that is what I am now doing.  I find it funny going into the middle aisles to buy ingredients and non food items, walking past the mass of food items the majority of which are high in sugar and carbs and/or highly processed.

The one thing that I have found really strange is knowing that I can eat fat and salt.  I grew up during the time when the low fat diet was being touted so it is not really surprising.  When they reduce the fat in a food they increase the sugar to make it palatable.  Oh and the other thing I find strange is not worrying about calories, or even the amount that I eat.

When I first started using more cheese I got a bit carried away with it and ended up a bit constipated, but then found out that chia seeds with plenty of water (otherwise they can do the opposite) do not raise the blood sugar and work very well for that problem.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

At no time during the last 4 weeks have I even considered whether I did the right thing or not when I jumped to zero.  No time have I thought that I might need to take a teeny tiny dose.  I think that says a lot. 

This is such wonderful news, ChessieCat! Thank you for updating us! Great to hear about your healthful eating habits, too! Happy Holidays!

My son who is in withdrawal's history:

2006 - 2021 Started on Celexa 10mg, increased to 20mg then 40mg.

May 2021: Started to taper off. Down to 0mg by end of July under doctor's care.

September 2021 started 200mg magnesium twice per day, 1000mg fish oil once per day, Vitamin D3, and 100mg N-acetyl cysteine twice per day.

Oct. 12, 2021: Reinstated at 1mg liquid Celexa per day to hopefully alleviate intrusive thoughts (never had them before quitting Celexa).

Nov. 1, 2021: Was supposed to increase to 2mg Celexa per day, but he was accidentally only taking 0.1ml per day. 

Nov. 18, 2021: Increased to 2mg liquid Celexa per day after realizing he was not taking the correct dosage for 17 days.

Dec 29, 2021: Increased to 3mg liquid Celexa. Jan 31, 2022: Increased to 4mg liquid Celexa.

This is so wonderful. I can really relate to your low carb journey. I first switched in 2001 after having been raised and then lived my life believing in low fat. My health has been much better as a result. I hope yours continues in that direction and that your doctor is supportive. And congratulations on finishing your taper!

---

Lorazepam: (2014-15 1-1.5 mg lorazepam [aka Ativan] at night; 2016 to Nov 2018: 0.75 mg lorazepam at night; Dec 2018: divide dose into 3x a day. Jan 2019: taper 5% every 15 days; Held 9/2019 - 2/2020 at 0.35 mg). March 2020 started 2.5% taper every 15 days. Nov 2020 tapering 5% every 15 days. Dose divided into 2x a day. Now at 0.008 mg March 2023. Sertraline:  Jan 2017 25 mg: began 10% per month taper. Went on "exit strategy" at 0.084 mg Nov 2020 for 8 weeks, 0.042 for 4 weeks, 0.028 for 2 weeks starting 2/25/21, then 0.014 for 2 weeks, then .007 for a while, Done May 4, 2021. Unfortunately due to circumstances I restarted at 25 mg January 2022. New taper began January 2023. 

On 12/11/2021 at 11:20 AM, ChessieCat said:

At no time during the last 4 weeks have I even considered whether I did the right thing or not when I jumped to zero.  No time have I thought that I might need to take a teeny tiny dose.  I think that says a lot.  But I have not yet thrown out my left over capsules, just in case.  That day will happen, but not yet.

That's so good to hear.  I've not had a moment where I felt it might help either.  I held off binning the leftovers for a while but the day dawned two or three weeks ago when I wanted it out of the house!  Cleaning and tidying is rarely such a pleasure.

How good is it going ok I'm ready to sleep now and just turning out the light :)

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Mentor

This all sounds so positive Chessiecat, I'm very happy for you 🙂

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Once again, thank you SA members.

I just found this post and wanted to include it here for my own record

This was 2 years after I started tapering Pristiq, dose 18mg, starting dose 100mg:

On 10/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, ChessieCat said:

I noticed that recently I have begun singing out loud again, but this was something that I haven't done for a long while.  I just didn't have the mental energy to do it.  Same with laughing.  During the process of lowering my dose I have gone from not finding things funny, to thinking that something is funny, then added a very small smile but couldn't laugh, then a small laugh and now I laugh out loud.

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Mentor
5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I noticed that recently I have begun singing out loud again, but this was something that I haven't done for a long while.  I

I had a day that like a while ago! Not had another one, but I enjoyed that singing session🙂🎶

am not a medical professional. I provide information and make suggestions based on my own experience and SA guidelines. I am unable to respond to private messages. 

Mirtazepine 15mg Nov 2018 -April 2019  April - Sept 2019 Mirtazepine down to around 6mg - skipping days to taper

October 2019 - Dec 2019 unwell from failed taper including jumping about in doses 

15 December 2019 to 13 June 2021 15mg Mirtazepine 

14 June 2021 started brass monkey Slide.  
2021: 23 August 12.3mg, 28 October 11.1mg, 6 Dec 10mg

2022: 12 Feb 8.5, 25 Oct 4.5mg

2023: 16 Jan 3.6mg, 28 Sept 1.8mg

Hi Chessie, I was having a read through your thread and saw you had issues with leg muscle tightness and lifting your feet when walking. I just wondered if this resolved for you and how long it took? This remains one of my worst symptoms. Hope you are having better days now. 

Mid-August 2020 - started 15mg Mirtazapine, increased to 30mg 2 weeks later. Late-September 2020 - switched to 20mg Paroxetine as Mirtazapine exacerbated RLS. October 2020 - stopped Paroxetine because of worsening RLS, muscle twitching and general restlessness.

Mid-October 2020 - Switched to 50mg Sertraline. Restlessness, muscle twitching and other symptoms even worse. Stopped taking it on 18 November following advice from GP - took every other day for a week before stopping completely. Mid-November 2020 - GP prescribed Propranolol to take as and when required for anxiety. Have only taken a few times as it makes me very light headed. January 2020 - currently taking magnesium citrate powder in evenings to help with RLS. Also taking high strength omega-3 fish oil. 

Hi Chessie,

So amazing you have broken free and gone to ZERO!

Wow! Sending a huge congratulations and hugs from across the ditch to you.

You have done a Brassmonkey for sure. There are now 2 people to choose from for the  poster taper-er  for safe tapering. 

Well done on making it to the other side.

Wishing you all the best for the drug free years to come.

Best wishes.

nz11

p.s. dont worry , no my account has not been hacked! hehehe 

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Mentor

Yassssss!!!!! Congratulations. This is amazing and so wonderful to hear. Thank you for giving me hope. ❤️

Now: 100 mg Zoloft am, 50 mg Trazodone.  Daily drug burden decreased from 2050 in 2018 mg to 150 mg 🐢🐢

Zoloft: 1/24/23 increased to 100 mg after suicide attempt 9/17/22 cut 6 mg, 8/14/22 cut 6.5 mg, 5/7/22 cut 12.5 mg 3/20/22 cut 12.5 mg 10/26/21 cut 6 mg 10/17/21 cut 5 mg, 9/17/21 Cut 3 mg,  9/13/21 cut 4 mg, 8/29/21 Cut 2 mg 8/8/21 Cut 3 mg  7/30/21 Zoloft: Converted 25 mg to liquid. Also take 100 mg pill & 25 mg pill=150 mg total
🌞 Feb 28, 2021 0 mg Gapapentin 2021 Gaba each dose 4x/day: Feb 27 7 mg (one dose only), Feb 10, 7 mg, Jan 14 10 mg 2020 Current taper schedule from Aug 30-present: drop 8 mg every 2-3 weeks. Aug 20 31 mg, Aug 18, 33 mg, July 29, 35 mg, July 23 38 mg, July 22 40 mg Jun 24 42 mg, Jun 15 44 mg, Jun 9 48 mg, May 22 50 mg, May 14 54 mg, May 7 56 mg, Apr 16 58 mg, Mar 28 60 mg, Mar 18 62 mg. Feb 26 64 mg. Feb 19, 66 mg. Jan 23, 70 mg. 2019 Dec 19, 72 mg. Nov 14 ,76 mg. Aug 8, 80 mg. Aug 6, 85 mg. Jul 26, 90 mg. Jul 11, 95 mg.

Jul 16 trazodone from 100 to 50 mg.

Jun 17-July 10 Slowly changed gab fr pill to liquid at same dose 100 mg 4x/d.

Apr 24 Stopped klon!!! 🌞 Apr 4  Decreased gaba to 400 mg (100 mg 4x/day)-Apr 4, 2019   0.25 klon March 11  Klonopin .5 mg twice daily, varied dose til Apr 15. Started Klon fast taper 25%, short use

Mar 16, 450 mg gaba 3x/day cut 600 mg--not exact!--updose after learning w/d

Feb 20, 2019 1800 mg gabapentin; MD taper; off 3 days=mvt disorder & autonomic instability. July 2018 temazepam 15 mg 1-2; prn several x/wk til Jan/Feb 2019 when cold turkey, flu illness for months

July 2018 started gabapentin 100 3x/day; titrated up to 1800 mg (600 3x/day)

Buspar, I forget how much, 2 pills a day Jan 2017-July 2018 cold turkey. On Zoloft since maybe 2004? After trying many.

*I speak from my experience. Nothing I say is medical advice. I'm not a doctor.

On 10/31/2015 at 3:19 AM, Fresh said:

No amount of CBT will relieve the withdrawal symptoms.

This is kind of discouraging and scary for me. I started doing CBT recently with the therapist to get through this, and saw it suggested by other moderators/users as beneficial.

Is doing CBT not worth it?

Luvox (2015, 100mg)

Xanax (2018, 1mg as needed)

Pristiq (2018 for 3 weeks then ended CT)

Gabapentin (2018)

Lyrica (2018)

**Weaned off all drugs except Luvox between 2019-2020**

Luvox (2020 increased to 300mg)

Luvox (2021 decreased to various levels between 200-125; 2021 100-150 around my period for PMDD; Late September 2021: Start weaning off 100mg;September ?-Oct 3 Various dosages between 100 and 75 recommended by doctor; October 3-8: 75mg (various doses through the day for w/d.; October 9-18: 50mg; October 20-29: 37.5mg; October 30-Nov 1: 25mg; November 2-November 19: Back to 37.5mg; November 20-December 4: 31.25mg; December 4-December 21: 25mg;December 21-December 23: up-dosed to 31.25mg doing 6.25 in the morning and 25mg at night; 12/23-present: 6.25mg Luvox AM/25 mg Luvox PM; 0.0625mg of Xanax at 8 AM, 2 PM and 8 PM.)

• Moderator Emeritus

@UnusualRoom

CBT will not reduce withdrawal symptoms per se.  What CBT does is to help you manage your thought processes which in turn can help with how your respond (instead of reacting) to your withdrawal symptoms and helps you to cope better with them.  And it does work.  I was very thankful that I had learned CBT before my withdrawal issues and they were also very useful when I hurt my back last year.

I renamed Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Change Bad Thinking, which is actually along the lines of reframing.  Another term is "stinking thinking".

We have two different ways of thinking about things.  Emotional is how we feel which is subjective.  Factual is what is actually happening which is objective.

So instead of saying "this will never end" you state the fact that you are currently feeling a particular way but then you add but hopefully tomorrow I might feel a bit better.

It is also better to compare how you are feeling now with how you felt at your worse, not how you felt at your best or how you wish you felt.

See: 

acceptance-and-hope

mindfulness-and-acceptance

7 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

@UnusualRoom

CBT will not reduce withdrawal symptoms per se.  What CBT does is to help you manage your thought processes which in turn can help with how your respond (instead of reacting) to your withdrawal symptoms and helps you to cope better with them.  And it does work.  I was very thankful that I had learned CBT before my withdrawal issues and they were also very useful when I hurt my back last year.

I renamed Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Change Bad Thinking, which is actually along the lines of reframing.  Another term is "stinking thinking".

We have two different ways of thinking about things.  Emotional is how we feel which is subjective.  Factual is what is actually happening which is objective.

So instead of saying "this will never end" you state the fact that you are currently feeling a particular way but then you add but hopefully tomorrow I might feel a bit better.

It is also better to compare how you are feeling now with how you felt at your worse, not how you felt at your best or how you wish you felt.

See: 

acceptance-and-hope

Alright, this makes a lot of sense. One thing I've struggled with learning CBT is that I thought the concept was to almost "trick' ourselves into believing something bad isn't happening, and this is a much more realistic approach. 

Luvox (2015, 100mg)

Xanax (2018, 1mg as needed)

Pristiq (2018 for 3 weeks then ended CT)

Gabapentin (2018)

Lyrica (2018)

**Weaned off all drugs except Luvox between 2019-2020**

Luvox (2020 increased to 300mg)

Luvox (2021 decreased to various levels between 200-125; 2021 100-150 around my period for PMDD; Late September 2021: Start weaning off 100mg;September ?-Oct 3 Various dosages between 100 and 75 recommended by doctor; October 3-8: 75mg (various doses through the day for w/d.; October 9-18: 50mg; October 20-29: 37.5mg; October 30-Nov 1: 25mg; November 2-November 19: Back to 37.5mg; November 20-December 4: 31.25mg; December 4-December 21: 25mg;December 21-December 23: up-dosed to 31.25mg doing 6.25 in the morning and 25mg at night; 12/23-present: 6.25mg Luvox AM/25 mg Luvox PM; 0.0625mg of Xanax at 8 AM, 2 PM and 8 PM.)

• Mentor
3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

@UnusualRoom

See: 

acceptance-and-hope

best explanation I've ever read, with great examples, thanks! 

you could teach CBT

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 12/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Happy2Heal said:

you could teach CBT

I think I've already being doing quite a bit of that here on SA!

Post "0" Update:  Tomorrow is 8 weeks (I think) since my last Pristiq dose.  I haven't noticed anything that I would call withdrawal.People who have never taken an AD have ups and downs with the moods and feelings etc.  It is part of being human.  I tend to put things down to other possible causes before WD, so I might be experiencing some withdrawal and not realising that I am.

Exciting News about ADWD:  I saw my original family doctor (the one who knew I was tapering and allowed me to do it my own way) in the waiting room today when I went in for a blood test.  For anyone who doesn't know, I made the comment to him many years ago when I had started tapering that I realised that most people can probably get off their drug with no issues and he had slowly shaken is head and softly said "not many".

I was able to chat with him for a few minutes and told him that I was now off Pristiq, how I had done it (he knew I was getting the capsules compounded but I told him that I could make liquid from the contents) and how long it had taken.  He said wow 6 years and I just said I wanted to do it as carefully as I could.  I also told him that when I got to 10mg (starting dose 100mg) about 4 years ago that I started experiencing feelings of excitement.

Health Update:  As I mentioned above I had a blood test this morning.  I should get the results on Monday.  I mentioned to the patholgist (who I haven't seen before) that it was a follow up test after a diabetes diagnosis and that I had been low carb for 3 months and was excited to get the test results.  She is also on a low carb diet and has had good results.

When the doctor saw me this morning he was surprised at the weight I have lost:

7kgs / 14lbs / 1 stone

5cm / 2 inches from around my waist

blood pressure has reduced dramatically and I have halved my blood pressure tablets because I started experiencing a lot of fatigue, which came on gradually and was about 2 months into my change of diet so I knew it was not related to that, and I started getting dizzy when getting up off the floor after doing my pilates.  The fatigue has now gone and I don't get dizzy like I was doing.

@ChessieCat

What a wonderful update!

Good luck with the test results!

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@ChessieCat I'm so happy for you!! 😃

My son who is in withdrawal's history:

2006 - 2021 Started on Celexa 10mg, increased to 20mg then 40mg.

May 2021: Started to taper off. Down to 0mg by end of July under doctor's care.

September 2021 started 200mg magnesium twice per day, 1000mg fish oil once per day, Vitamin D3, and 100mg N-acetyl cysteine twice per day.

Oct. 12, 2021: Reinstated at 1mg liquid Celexa per day to hopefully alleviate intrusive thoughts (never had them before quitting Celexa).

Nov. 1, 2021: Was supposed to increase to 2mg Celexa per day, but he was accidentally only taking 0.1ml per day. 

Nov. 18, 2021: Increased to 2mg liquid Celexa per day after realizing he was not taking the correct dosage for 17 days.

Dec 29, 2021: Increased to 3mg liquid Celexa. Jan 31, 2022: Increased to 4mg liquid Celexa.

• Mentor

Awesome Chessiecat!!👍

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

14 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Exciting News about ADWD:  I saw my original family doctor (the one who knew I was tapering and allowed me to do it my own way) in the waiting room today when I went in for a blood test.  For anyone who doesn't know, I made the comment to him many years ago when I had started tapering that I realised that most people can probably get off their drug with no issues and he had slowly shaken is head and softly said "not many".

I was able to chat with him for a few minutes and told him that I was now off Pristiq, how I had done it (he knew I was getting the capsules compounded but I told him that I could make liquid from the contents) and how long it had taken.  He said wow 6 years and I just said I wanted to do it as carefully as I could.  I also told him that when I got to 10mg (starting dose 100mg) about 4 years ago that I started experiencing feelings of excitement.

Wow, that’s brilliant that you were able to show him that you’ve done it!!!

Sertraline (Lustral):  2014. Sept 50mg. Oct 100mg. Dec 150mg. 2015-2019. 150mg. 2019  Apr-May 0mg. Beg May 150mg. End May 100mg. Late June 125mg. Late Aug 100mg. 2020 Jan 75mg. April 50mg.

2022  50mg. 1Jan 45mg. 1Feb 40.5mg. Water T24Feb 39.5mg. 3Mar 38.5mg. 18Mar 38mg. 25Mar 37.5mg. 22Apr 37mg. 5May 36.5mg. 18May 36mg. 1Jun 35.3mg. 15Jun 34.5mg.  30Jun 34mg. 15Jul 33.5mg. 22Jul 33mg. 5Aug 32.5mg. 19Aug 32mg. 1Sept 31.5mg. 1Oct 31mg.  27 Oct 30.5. 16 Nov 30mg. 30 Nov 29.5mg. 14 Dec 29mg

2023. 2 Jan 28.5mg. 6 Feb 28mg. 10 Mar 27.5mg. 1 Apr 26.5mg. 1 May 26mg. 1 Jun 25.5mg. 1 Jul 25mg. 1 Aug 24.5mg. 17 Aug 24mg. 5 Sept 23.5mg. 9 Oct 23mg.

Desogestrel:  2014 -  present:  

Supplements Magnesium. 400mcg  Vitamin D. 10mcg.  Multivit/min. 1 tab. B Complex

Certirizine:   2022 May 10mg. Dec 20mg. 2023. 15mg.

Omeprazole.:  2016 20mg. 2022  20mg.  15Jan 15mg. 9Feb 10mg. 25Feb 6.5mg. 15Mar 3mg. 3Apr 1.5mg.  15Apr 0mg   2023. 20mg. 15 Sept 15mg.

• Mentor

So many good things.  Congratulations.

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• Moderator Emeritus

Health update:

Very excited to share my fantastic news regarding my blood test results:

ALT (Liver function):  45 --> 28      (<30)

Total Cholesterol:      7.9 --> 6.0     (3.9 - 5.2 or 5.5)

Triglycerides:             3.0 --> 1.5     (0.5 - 1.7)

HDL:                           ? --> 1.0        (1.0 - 2.0)

LDL:                            5.4 --> 4.3       (1.5 - 3.4)

HbA1c - NGSP: 

7.0 (diagnosis beginning Oct 2021)

--> 6.4 (follow up after stopping sugar and processed foods for about 3 days)

--> 5.2       (4.0 - 6.0)

In a nutshell I have reversed my diabetes simply by changing what I eat!  And those results are after only three months of very low carb, no fasting (I eat 3 meals a day and as much as I want), and no drugs taken for cholesterol or diabetes.

Edited by ChessieCat
added previous LDL result

That's amazing! Well done @ChessieCat!

2013 - Jan 4, 2021 - Sertraline 50mg 

Jan 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (1/4)

Feb 2021 Mar 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg

April 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg, Amitriptyline 2mg (4/20), Clonazepam 2mg

May 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (5/16 - 0mg), Amitriptyline (5/1 - 1mg, 5/16 - 0mg), Clonazepam 2mg

Aug 2021 - Sertraline 25mg (re 8/20), Clonazepam 2mg 

Sep 2021 - Sertraline 50mg (up 9/3), Clonazepam (9/29 - 1mg), Diazepam (9/29 - 2.5mg)

Oct 2021 - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (10/14 - 0.9mg, 10/24 - 1mg), Diazepam (10/6 - 1.25mg, 10/14 - 0mg), Trazodone (10/03 - 50mg, 10/17 - 25mg, 10/21 - 12.5mg), Mirtazapine (10/17 - 15mg)

Nov 2021 : Current - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (4/22 - 0.975mg, 5/22 - 0.9125mg, co 6/22 - 0.25mg, co 8/22 - 0.5mg, co 1/23 - 0.25mg),

Diazepam (co 6/22 - 12mg, 7/22 - 11mg, co 8/22 - 5mg, 9/22 - 4mg, 10/22 - 3mg, 11/22 - 2mg, 12/22 - 1mg, co 1/23 - 5mg, 2/23 - 4.5mg, 3/23 - 3.5mg, 4/23 - 3mg), Trazodone 12.5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplements: 1/2 Multivitamin, Fish Oil 2000mgProbioticMagnesium Chelate 280mg, Vit C 500mg. Melatonin 5mg/3mgXR

• Moderator Emeritus

@ChessieCat Great news with these latest updates!

@nz11 Nice to see you popping in!

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• 3 weeks later...

@ChessieCat  Just finished reading all your 25 pages of posting because I am aware of your successful taper.  I have learned that it is good to learn from those who have done what you want to do.

I also want to say thank you for the help that you have provided to me.

I also have some similar issues to what you have gone through. 

1.  I am pre-diabetic and need to learn more about how to eat correctly.  I have had to take over the responsibility of shopping and cooking meals, for about two years now.  I have just recently thought that I am becoming more comfortable about the cooking process.  I now have more control regarding what I buy and eat, therefor no excuses.

2.  I have constant low back pain and neck pain.  I'm in pain management with a specialist doctor.  Managing my pain has become part of my daily routine.

3.  You have well expressed the back-and-forth internal conversations we have with ourselves regarding the speed of tapering.  We all want to just get it over with.

Congratulations on obtaining zero Pristiq and making the changes necessary in your diet and exercise to get your health into a better state.

LarryS

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."  Romans 12:12

See LarryS Health History

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18063-larrys-tapering-off-venlafaxine-effexor-225mg/?do=findComment&comment=575976

Aug 2014 start Venlafaxine 225 mg.

Other Pharmaceuticals per day:  Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg

Vitamins per day:  C 1,000 mg; D3 50 mcg; Probiotic 218 mg; Fish Oil 1,600 mg; Magnesium Glycinate Liquid 165 mg; CoQ10 40 mg; Saw Palmetto 320 mg; Calcium 250 mg; Red Yeast Rice 1,200 mg; Plant Sterol Esters 1,000 mg

Start Taper: 225 mg to 55 mg; June 5, 2018, to June 15, 2019

49 mg July 16, 2019; 44 mg August 13, 2019; 49 mg (up 11%) Aug. 26, 2019: 44 mg Sept. 10, 2019; 40 mg Oct. 8, 2019;  37.5 mg (6%) Nov. 6, 2019; 49.5 mg (up 32%) Nov 18, 2019; 44.5 mg Dec. 30, 2019; 40 mg Jan. 27, 2020; 36 mg Feb. 24, 2020; 32.5 mg March 23, 2020; 29.2 mg April 20, 2020; 26.3 mg May 18, 2020; 23.7 mg June 15, 2020; 21.3 mg July 6, 2020; 19.2 mg Aug. 4, 2020; 17.3 mg Sept. 1, 2020; 15.5 mg Sept. 29, 2020; 14.0 mg Oct. 27, 2020; 12.6 mg Nov. 24, 2020; 11.3 mg Dec. 15, 2020; 10.2 mg Jan. 5, 2021; 9.2 mg Feb. 2, 2021; 8.3 mg March 9, 2021; 7.4 mg April 6, 2021; 6.7 mg 5/4/2021; 6.0 mg 6/01/2021; 5.4 mg 7/13/2021; 4.9 mg 8/10/2021; 4.4 mg 9/9/2021; 4.0 mg 10/14/2021; 3.5 mg 11/11/2021; 7.5 mg (up 200%) 12/6/2021; 6.75 mg 1/17/2022; 6.00 mg 2/21/2022; 5.62 mg 3/21/2022; 4.87 mg 4/25/2022; 4.50 mg 5/30/2022; 4.13 mg 7/5/2022; 3.75 mg 8/1/2022; 3.38 mg 9/7/2022; 3.00 mg 10/5/2022; 2.63 mg 11/02/2022; 2.25 mg 12/1/2022; 1.88 mg 1/5/2023; 1.50 mg 2/9/2023; 1.13 mg 3/16/2023; 0.75 mg 4/20/2023; ZERO mg 5/5/2023

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Once again, thank you to you all.

UPDATE:

I've just realised this morning that it is now 2 days past my 3 month post-0 "anniversary".  Probably missed it because I was busy that day and also because if have not been getting a lot of sleep over the last few weeks.

The sleep issue is not WD related, but due to a minor flare up of my bulging disc and the resulting discomfort.

I really don't think that I am getting any WD symptoms after stopping.  If I am, then they are very mild and because of everything else I don't noticed them.  It doesn't really bother me.  I've always been fairly blase about my symptoms, except the really bad ones which were very obviously a WD symptom.

As I've said before I am very thankful for the non drug coping skills I have learned.  They are very useful for using in "every day" life.

Dear @ChessieCat what a brilliant update. Sorry to hear about your back pain though. Glad to hear you aren't having withdrawal symptoms what a good advert for a slow careful taper. I look forward to the day I can post such a good update. 

11 July 2018 3.75mg zopiclone 14 days missed one dose at least doubled one dose 

22 July 2018 2 mg Valium one week ish

30/july/18 quetiapine 25

31/july/2018 quetiapine 100

1/August/2018 quetiapine 200

14/August/2018 quetiapine 100

14/ September /2018 Quetiapine 87.5mg

Not doing so well on this drop. 

many changes up and down as doctors didn't believe me when I said I needed to go slowly down. Withdrawal became impossible to function and I was hospitalised. 

Feb 2021- now  10 mg olanzapine 

Congrats again ChessieCat!  That's great to hear you haven't had any WD symptoms pop back up!

2013 - Jan 4, 2021 - Sertraline 50mg 

Jan 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (1/4)

Feb 2021 Mar 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg

April 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg, Amitriptyline 2mg (4/20), Clonazepam 2mg

May 2021 - Venlafaxine 75mg (5/16 - 0mg), Amitriptyline (5/1 - 1mg, 5/16 - 0mg), Clonazepam 2mg

Aug 2021 - Sertraline 25mg (re 8/20), Clonazepam 2mg 

Sep 2021 - Sertraline 50mg (up 9/3), Clonazepam (9/29 - 1mg), Diazepam (9/29 - 2.5mg)

Oct 2021 - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (10/14 - 0.9mg, 10/24 - 1mg), Diazepam (10/6 - 1.25mg, 10/14 - 0mg), Trazodone (10/03 - 50mg, 10/17 - 25mg, 10/21 - 12.5mg), Mirtazapine (10/17 - 15mg)

Nov 2021 : Current - Sertraline 50mg, Clonazepam (4/22 - 0.975mg, 5/22 - 0.9125mg, co 6/22 - 0.25mg, co 8/22 - 0.5mg, co 1/23 - 0.25mg),

Diazepam (co 6/22 - 12mg, 7/22 - 11mg, co 8/22 - 5mg, 9/22 - 4mg, 10/22 - 3mg, 11/22 - 2mg, 12/22 - 1mg, co 1/23 - 5mg, 2/23 - 4.5mg, 3/23 - 3.5mg, 4/23 - 3mg), Trazodone 12.5mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplements: 1/2 Multivitamin, Fish Oil 2000mgProbioticMagnesium Chelate 280mg, Vit C 500mg. Melatonin 5mg/3mgXR

On 9/12/2017 at 3:35 AM, ChessieCat said:

Well I'm a bit excited.  I've just been to the chemist to drop in my next lot of Pristiq tablets for compounding and after 7 weeks on 20mg I will recommence tapering in a few days.

My plan is to reduce by 1mg with 3 week holds until I reach 13mg.  From 13mg to 10mg inclusive I will reduce by 1mg with 4 week holds.

Once I get to 10mg I will reduce by 0.5mg with 3 week holds.  From 6mg to 5mg inclusive I will reduce by 0.5mg with 4 week holds.

I suppose after 5mg I will need to get 0.25mg capsules made up, but that's a way off yet so not worrying about that until later.

Obviously if I start getting symptoms I will need to hold for longer, but it's nice having a plan to start with.

Chessie cat, reading this resonates.  Thank you for your journey!!!!  I am from 20mg pixel to 10 mg the past six weeks and it has been going well, overall.  Just brain fog and some irritability.  Overall, very handle-able.  when I feel joy again, when I feel the urge again, I plan to find a compounding pharmacy (I think I know where one is) and do the last ten milligrams how you have outlined above.  Thanks for sharing, PIxillated!

Clonopam 1999-2003 .5/day as needed

Lexapro 10 mg (4months in 2009) , clonopam 1pill (4 months in 2009)

Buspar 5mg (one year 2009-2010)

Paxil 20mg 1999 to present day minus one year (2008-2009).  Tapered off and on 2005 to 2009.

Paxil 20mg, 4/18  19mg paxil 

Paxil 10 mg as of January 2022.  Went from 20 to ten miligrams.  Sleep improved.  some symptoms, but not unmanageable.  The difference from one year ago when I tried to taper?  More confidence, and the belief that I can do this.  

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

This came up on my Facebook memories this morning.

28 March 2015 - this was when I was still taking 100mg Pristiq, 7 months before I started trying to get off.

The part that I have bolded (today) indicates that I had been much worse prior to this.

Suggested reading:  Your Drug May Be Your Problem by Dr Peter Breggin.

Went to vote and got to the booth and nearly had a panic attack. Not joking. Just wanted to stand there and cry. Managed to pull myself together though, which shows how far I've come.

24 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Suggested reading:  Your Drug May Be Your Problem by Dr Peter Breggin.

That was the jolt I needed to look seriously at getting off these drugs too.  I remember reading it in bed at 4am on a 'school night' in shock at how bad the situation he described was.  I had been browbeaten into believing it was impossible to stop taking this, even though my body was falling apart from it, mind and heart dulled, and not much actual healing going on.  While reading I resolved to have a go at getting off, prompted me to come to SA.

Have to say at this stage I'm rather skeptical of his latest work on the pandemic, to put it mildly, but I will remember him as the man who ended frontal lobotomies and other such butchery in the west.  Grateful the book you listed exists.

Grats ChessieCat 🙂

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, hayduke said:

That was the jolt I needed to look seriously at getting off these drugs too.

Unfortunately I didn't know about that book until after I joined SA.  It was only through me feeling so awful and doing my own research on Pristiq side effects that I realised that I was experiencing mild serontinon syndrome.  And my goal when I came here was to get to 50mg and stay there, but I kept going once I became educated.

• Moderator Emeritus

Putting this here for my own information.

Lately I've sometimes been getting "night sweats".  I'm well past menopause so it's not that.  And it's not the heat either.  The interesting thing is that I don't actually get hot and then sweat.  It happens after I rouse up not feeling sweaty or hot and start thinking about things and then all of a sudden I feel my pores open and the perspiration starts to ooze especially on my face.  And I don't feel hot either.

I'm thinking that it's a cortisol spike.  So I just do some calm breathing and it seems to go fairly quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, ChessieCat said:

I'm now down to 0.02mg.  The end is nigh.

Here is my complete taper with my first day of 0mg being 23rd October 2021.

1431803926_FullTaperDetails.png.5b915360404fe4f4468407acee190dd2.png

Congratulations! Are you feeling mostly good now or how are yoi feeling now being completely off meds?

2002-2021: 19 yrs on/off psychotropics

2/2022: Wellbutrin 150mg, Lexapro 20mg  3/22: Wellbutrin 150mg xl, Lexapro 10mg    4/22: Wellbutrin 150xl, Lexapro 5mg 

4/2022: Lexa 7.5mg total, Wellbutrin 150mg    5/2022: Wellb 112.5mg xl, Lexa 7.5mg (Stopped Clonazepam & Hydroxyzine- didn't take often)

6/2022: Welbutrin 111mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg          8/2022: Wellbutrin 100mg xl, Lexa 6.8mg            10/9/22: Wellbutrin 100 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg

11/3/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.5 mg       11/30/22: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6 mg

3/15/23: Wellbutrin 96 mg IR, Lexa 6.2 mg???

Other Daily Meds: Singulair 10mg, Zyrtec 10mg, Spiriva Respimat inhaler.  Rarely taking: OTC pain relievers, Diclofenac, Cyclobenzaprine, anti acids

SupplementsFish oil 1300mg, Nigella oil, Mag Glycinate 200mg, Probiotics 30 billion, 1/5 dose prenatals, Melatonin .38mg, (Reishi, Lion's Mane & psilocybin microdosing by cycles)

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, DazzlingCold said:

Congratulations! Are you feeling mostly good now or how are yoi feeling now being completely off meds?

Thank you Dazzling Cold.

It's been 5 months now since I stopped Pristiq and I'm feeling good.

There are times when my mood is lower, but I do not attribute that to withdrawal, it is simply a normal part of life.

My tinnitus can sometimes be very noticeable and at other time barely there, but again I doubt that it is related to withdrawal.

I sometimes still get what I think are cortisol spikes but I think that is something that can happen to anyone who is a bit stressed.  I'm very thankful that I know what they are so I just try to relax and not add worry and anxiety into the mix.

I’m glad you are feeling so well.  Wow! You took charge of your life, tapered carefully, went to zero, and reversed diabetes!  Amazing!  Now you can live psych drug free and have normal emotions and friendships.  How wonderful for you! - Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ChessieCat,

You're wonderful. 

I so appreciate your voice here and am in awe of your generosity, wisdom, clarity, kindness. You help so many, including me. Thank you!

Gratitude and respect from your fan, 

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice.