☼ ChessieCat: so I'm not the only one (Pristiq / desvenlafaxine)

ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus

Been feeling blah over the last few days.  Restarted multi vitamin, iron and B12 on Friday so today will be 4th day.

Was wondering yesterday why I didn't feel like doing anything and remembered that I started a new volunteer role a couple of weeks ago and I now work on different days.  I also worked 2 days in a row which I haven't done for a while so I think all of this is contributing.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Reduced to 11mg this morning.

Will update my signature when I get on my laptop.  I'm still having issues with the signature screen "shivering".

It's time for me to start working out my next compounding requirements.  I like to do this well before the time I need them so that I can double and triple check that I have the calculations correct.  This time I will be getting 0.5mg doses.  How exciting!!!

I still find it hard to believe that I won't be off until the 2nd half of 2020, however I am no longer disappointed, just amazed.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Congratulations, CC.....you are doing such an awesome job with your taper!  I have enjoyed reading about how you are noticing positive changes as you drop down in dose....this is very hopeful and inspiring for those of us not feeling good at the beginning of our tapers.

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg

Good for you. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Gridley, wantrelief and DBNO,

I'm still experiencing things which I think can be put down to withdrawal.  I find that I can easily become mildly manic if I get too stimulated or overtired.  But I do think that some of that may be part of my personality, however I suspect that WD may make it worse.  Thankfully I am aware of it and I try to calm myself and self talk when I realise it is happening.  I'm also trying to notice what triggers it.

I've been getting sore areas in my arms lately on and off.  Sometimes my wrists feel like I've strained them.  Then they will be okay for a couple of days and then it happens again.  The plantar fascia in my right foot has gone.  My legs muscles don't seem to be tightening as much as they were and it seems like I am starting to be able to lift my feet more when I walk.  The tight muscle on the right hand side of my spine doesn't seem to knot up quite as much as it did but I have been doing stretches for it.

Recently I have been getting sciatic twinges which I haven't had for about 1 year.

I've recently had a bit of ear pressure as well as tightness in my jaw.  The jaw tightness isn't as bad as it was.  My tinnitus is mild.  At one time it was very noticeable.  I think that was due to my high blood pressure from the serotonin toxicity.

I haven't been listening to music during the day.  I just like the quiet.  But when I have music on in the car I do sing to it whereas before I couldn't.

Sometimes it gets to bedtime and have a dread about going to bed.  Not as often as before.  I occasionally have to self soothe during the night.  Recently I have occasionally had sudden uncontrollable movement in one limb when lying in bed awake.  A bit like when a dog shakes a leg.  I don't seem to be getting the whole body jerk when dozing off like I did.  I very rarely manage to sleep through the whole night.  I listen to my mp3 player for distraction.

Every now and then I get annoyed and irritable.  My tolerance level is sometimes lower and I get a bit snappy.  I can shout at the cat - she's deaf.

I think a really big help is that I know what these things are so when they happen it doesn't frighten me.

Hi ChessieCat,

It is good to see how you are progressing and can appreciate how hard it can get sometimes.  I applaud you for getting down to 11.

I fully understand the dread about bedtime.  I have been having myoclonic jerks for a while, and can't see the end in sight.  I've had them for over a year and am becoming disheartened.  How long have you had yours - I see that you seem to be getting relief from that.  It gives me hope.

Wish you the best for the rest of the taper.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
4 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

How long have you had yours

I really couldn't say.  Because I know about WD symptoms I don't make a big deal about them.  I just accept a symptom for what it is and it's usually when a symptom happens again or a member mentions something that I realise that a particular symptom hasn't happened for a while.

It was only this morning when my feet felt a bit crampy that I realised that the plantar fascia had gone.

I think it's just that I learn to live with something so it isn't forefront in my mind.

Thank you.  It wouldn't be so hard to live with if it didn't affect my sleep ...Grrr.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

At the beginning of February I found out that my boss was moving interstate and that I would be losing my 6 hours casual work and 1 day volunteering with that organisation.  I managed to get another volunteering role which I have already done 4 weeks of 1 day per week and will be starting 2 days there soon.  I am still doing the other volunteer role 1 day per week but the atmosphere on the day I volunteer has changed and I am considering changing my day, or at least trying a different day to see whether it is better for me.

So the days I work have changed, my jobs have changed, some people have already left my life and I'm losing my boss of 2.5 years x 2 days per week.  And of course it is affecting me.  It's also coming to the end of our daylight saving period so the mornings are getting darker.  Our clocks go back to normal in 1 week's time.  An it usually takes me a couple of weeks to adjust to the clocks changing, both forward and backward.  I've been feeling very down over the last month.  I know what is causing it and I am just trying to accept that as I settle into my new work and new routine that things will improve.  But it seems to be taking forever.

I've sewed a couple of tops recently and when I put them on they made me look fat so that was really disappointing.  I had enjoyed designing them and was very excited about having some new things to wear but it ended up being a real let down which makes me feel like I can't do anything right.  I've had to do a lot of self talk and told myself that at least I hadn't cut out all the other tops which I was planning to make.  However it has put a real dampener on my enthusiasm.

So instead of sewing more tops and risking messing them up I decided to take up some trousers that I have had for about 18 months.  I tried them on and they were tight, so that added to me feeling down.  Because I love food and I know I am not going to give up eating I decided that I would start using my treadmill.  I've now done 6 days, 1 x 5 mins, 3 x 10 mins & 2 x 2 lots of 10 mins.  And of course that is making me feel tired and I know it will take a couple of weeks for me to start feeling better.  But I know that it will do me good both physically and mentally and that it will help me to achieve more in the long run.  Meanwhile my house is a mess, again, so being at home makes me feel worse, but it is an effort to go out.  But I am going to go out for a drive today instead of sitting in the house feeling miserable.  At least I'll be out in the sunshine and hopefully get rid of some of my pent up frustration.  Just seeing and doing something different will hopefully help.

JanCarol, I'm going to see the sun today ;)

• Moderator Emeritus

I did go out for a long drive taking the scenic route not the highways.  When someone came up behind me I would pull over as soon as I could to let them pass so that I could drive at my own speed and enjoy the drive more.  Really enjoyed being out and about and was pleasantly tired when I got home.

Today was day 8 of the treadmill and I managed to do 20 minutes in one go.  The back of my lower right leg isn't cramping up as much or as quickly as it had been.

• Mentor

I'm so glad you enjoyed your drive.

and good for you, getting on the treadmill!

it seems a lot of times, just getting started is half the battle

maybe even more than half

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

There are a couple of things that will help stretch out the back of your calf.  The easy one is standing on your heal with your toes elevated a couple of inches on something a board a couple of books, even the wall will do. Hold it for a minute or so and then let it relax and repeat a few minutes later.  The other is to rest your calf on the edge of a TV tray pr back of a low chair while sitting down.  It will hurt some but after a minute of so you can feel it "pop" as the muscle relaxes.  Do it in several places and then follow with some massage.

Glad you enjoyed the drive, I love getting out like that.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

On 26/03/2018 at 1:31 PM, ChessieCat said:

I did go out for a long drive taking the scenic route not the highways.  When someone came up behind me I would pull over as soon as I could to let them pass so that I could drive at my own speed and enjoy the drive more.  Really enjoyed being out and about and was pleasantly tired when I got home.

Today was day 8 of the treadmill and I managed to do 20 minutes in one go.  The back of my lower right leg isn't cramping up as much or as quickly as it had been.

Your drive sounded beautiful Chessie! I really like the idea of pulling over to let people pass...some drivers are so very impatient! I'm going to keep that in mind when im able to drive again :) anyway, I hope you are having a peaceful Easter and maybe enjoying another scenic drive :wub: Much Love K xo

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus

UPDATE:  Down to 10mg - yippee!!!

However, I will confess that last Saturday I only took 10mg with the idea of reducing 1 week earlier than the planned 4 weeks.  After about 1/2 hour I went back and took the extra 1mg.  I decided that it wasn't worth the risk.

The reason I mention this is to help other members understand that it is very easy to become complacent and impatient.  In the scheme of things cutting down 1 week here and another week there isn't really going to make much different to the total length of time to get off and it might cause issues.  Definitely not worth it.

On 3/26/2018 at 2:42 PM, Happy2Heal said:

I'm so glad you enjoyed your drive.

and good for you, getting on the treadmill!

Thanks H2H.  I'm wondering if I have been experiencing some mild akathisia.  I go through stages where I'm doing something and feel like I need to be doing something else or being somewhere else.  It doesn't really matter what it is called, I just know that I am experiencing it and because I understand that it is a withdrawal symptom I am better able to accept it and use non drug techniques to get through it.

I've noticed that even just using the treadmill for 8 days my stamina is improving and I found it easier to mow the grass last weekend but I still have to do it over 2 days.  The nuisance is that we have had some rain and some sunshine and it's about due for another mow.  And I haven't even done the backyard yet.  Grr.  Getting the back done isn't as important now because I no longer have my dog.  I used to know it was definitely time to mow when all I could see was her tail above the long grass.

On 3/27/2018 at 5:36 AM, brassmonkey said:

It will hurt some but after a minute of so you can feel it "pop" as the muscle relaxes. 

Thanks BM.  I think it might be the Achilles tendon that is tight.  I have been doing the "toes up" stretch and it does help.  There are times when it seems worse than others and I do think that some of it is withdrawal/drug related.  The day after mowing the first 1/2 of the front yard it was extremely sore.  I don't think I did a cool down stretch when I finished.  When I mowed the second half the day after being sore I made sure I stretched before, during and after and it did seem to make a difference.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:50 PM, Kristine said:

I really like the idea of pulling over to let people pass...some drivers are so very impatient!

It wasn't so much about impatient drivers, although there are some who are.  It was about me being able to drive at my own pace and slow down a bit to look at the scenery if I wanted to instead of flying past it.  I also have a car with a small engine capacity so it can take a bit of effort for it to get up hills.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:00 AM, ChessieCat said:

I'm still having issues with the signature screen "shivering".

I managed to change my signature on the PC today without the screen shivering. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Just want to let you know that I've decided to resign as an SA moderator.  It's time for me to move on to other things.

SA has been a big part of my life for the last 2 1/2 years, 2 of which I've been a mod.

Thank you to the members who have supported me during this part of my AD tapering journey.  I'd like to wish everyone all the best for their own journeys.

Remember:     acceptance     patience     non drug coping techniques

18 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Just want to let you know that I've decided to resign as an SA moderator.  It's time for me to move on to other things.

SA has been a big part of my life for the last 2 1/2 years, 2 of which I've been a mod.

Thank you to the members who have supported me during this part of my AD tapering journey.  I'd like to wish everyone all the best for their own journeys.

thanks for all you have done for us, take good care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

Thanks for your support and all the good work.  Best wishes for your life.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
On 4/7/2018 at 6:13 AM, ChessieCat said:

I go through stages where I'm doing something and feel like I need to be doing something else or being somewhere else.  It doesn't really matter what it is called, I just know that I am experiencing it and because I understand that it is a withdrawal symptom I am better able to accept it and use non drug techniques to get through it.

I have this mostly with all the activities.. 

I feel like I shouldn't be doing this.. I am not feeling it... there is other thing.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • Mentor
5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

oh no, I am going to miss you so much! sorry, I meant to say, you do what you need to do, that's the most important thing!

but I will still miss you and your wisdom, you've helped me thru some of the roughest spots and I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate that.

You've been a huge help to so many!

and even as you're stepping down, you continue to think of others with your reminders of the things that are the most  helpful for getting thru this process.

I do hope you'll pop in when you have time,  to let us know how *you* are doing.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 
6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

You take care of yourself. We are all going to miss you terribly. You have great knowledge. Good luck in wherever life takes you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Oh, here - going to miss you, CC!

Love & very best wishes.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

Thank you so much for all that you have done for me and the community. Best of luck to you!

Start citalopram late 2004 20 mg/d, tapered to 10 mg 1xd on for several years

Citalopram 5 mg 1xd, occasional attempt to taper; off citalopram 4 months Aug. 2016

Venlafaxine 37.5 mg 2 months Nov, Dec 2016 stopped ct and change to citalopram 10 mg/d severe withdrawal with daily nausea 

Citalopram 20mg/day April 2017 - Feb 21, 2018, Citalopram 15 mg/day Feb. 21 - 3/3/2018

Citalopram 20 mg/day 3/4/18, Citalopram 18 mg 1xd 3/5 - 4/1,

Citalopram 17 mg 4/2, 16.6 mg 4/16, 16.2 mg 4/23, 16 mg 5/14, 15.8 mg 5/18, 15.6 mg 5/22, 15.4 mg 5/29, 15.2 mg 6/5, 15 mg 6/12,

14.6 mg 7/21, 14.2 mg 7/28, 14 mg 8/4, 13.6mg 8/18, 13.2 mg 8/25, 13 mg 9/1, 12.6 mg 9/22, 9/25 13 mg, 11/9 12.8 mg, back to 13 mg after a few days. 1/9/19 12.8 mg, 1/14 12.6 mg, 1/20 12.4 mg, 1/27 12.2mg, 2/4 12 mg, 2/24 11.8 ,3/1 11.6, 3/6 11.4, 3/11 11.2, 3/14 11, by 4/28 10 mg.

Nov. 1 9.8 mg, Nov 8 9.6 mg, Nov 22 9.5 mg, slow taper down to 9 mg 1/27/2020. Slow taper down to 8 mg Sept 1 2020, decrease by approx. 10% a month to 5 mg/day Jan. 2021.

Supplements/other: multivitamin, vitamin d 2000 u 1xd,, melatonin 0.75 mg mg 1xd prn, magnesium, Propranolol Sr 60 mg/day Feb. 2016 (?), alprazolam 0.125 mg prn  (rarely taken) approx. <2 yrs 

Change to famotidine 20 mg prn, cetirizine 10 mg prn or loratadine 10 mg prn for allergy sx.

I miss you already CC. 

Your contributions and friendship have been invaluable. I know the feeling well about it being time to move on and get back to life.  Putting it all behind us is a very important part of healing and needs to be done by each of us in our own time. (It's not my time yet.)  This has been a very serious chapter in your life and I am so happy to have shared it with you, I only wish the circumstances could have been better.  No matter how rough it's been there are always some strong feelings when closing out a portion of ones life, but given time (where have I heard that before?) it will become a distant memory, the details of the pain will fade but the strength gained will only increase.

Best of luck with your new adventures.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

You have been a great mod and I've learned a lot from you.  We will all miss you.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

20 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi chessiecat, thanks for coming in my threat to helping . Will miss you too. Take good care.

Best regards,

Miracle

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

20 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks for all you have done for us, take good care

thank you!

1999 _ 2004    20-40 mg paxil

2005 - 2016    from 40 up to 50 mg and then to 60mg              

jan 2018          down to 50 mg

march 2018    down to 40mg

april 8 2018    up to 50mg

April 9 2018    adjust to 42mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for all your help and advice. You can be proud that you have helped so many people during your time as a moderator. I think that moving on and away from constantly thinking about withdrawal is a necessary part of the recovery process. Good luck Chessie.

2001: 20mg paroxetine
2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Finished taper 17 May 2017.

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ChessieCat, You're probably already gone by now. But just in case you check back for messages all the very best. And thank you as I think (and can't find as just learning to 'drive' this site) that you sent me a helpful post. Maree

Maree 
20 yrs on 60mg per day paroxitine(paxil)then:

last 3 years tapering now on 30 mg per day

2-12 April/18 Unsuccessful taper by sliver off tabs. Aborted taper and stabilised

My tablets are Paroxitine/Paxil Tables 20mg(APO) and the writing on the back of the foil sheet says:  Apo-paroxitine 20mg (as hydrochloride)(B)NA3817

Reminder to myself: We recommend reductions at monthly intervals to give the nervous system a good 3 weeks to settle down between cuts. To save wear and tear on your nervous system, after a taper stay at that level for a month to see if withdrawal symptoms develop.

• Moderator Emeritus

The very best wishes to you, Chessie! I'm so grateful for your kindness and support here, especially when I first joined. <3 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi everyone and thank you for your posts and kind thoughts.

At this time I haven't fully resigned as a moderator but I am reducing the time I spend here.

I am still tapering and experiencing mild withdrawal symptoms.  I'm having trouble working out whether I'm experiencing apathy from WD, boredom or have just got into the habit of not doing things.  It could be any one or a combination of them.  Having reached 60 I'm wondering what I am going to do for the rest of my life.

• Moderator Emeritus

Discovered this morning that I made a reduction from 9.5mg (taking for 3 weeks) to 4.5mg (for 5 days).  I should have started 9mg but got my 0.5mg and 5mg capsules switched around so it was a 50% reduction.  Ouch!  I've gone back to 9mg today.

Thanks to what I have learnt at SA I didn't panic but carefully double checked that what I thought had happened had.  I then had to make the decision about whether to go to 9mg or to go to 8mg or 8.5mg but decided that 9mg seemed more sensible.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Chessie, Bummer about the mistake, but as you said, I'm glad you have your "SA wisdom" to deal with it and not panic. : )

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Discovered this morning that I made a reduction from 9.5mg (taking for 3 weeks) to 4.5mg (for 5 days).  I should have started 9mg but got my 0.5mg and 5mg capsules switched around so it was a 50% reduction.  Ouch!  I've gone back to 9mg today.

Thanks to what I have learnt at SA I didn't panic but carefully double checked that what I thought had happened had.  I then had to make the decision about whether to go to 9mg or to go to 8mg or 8.5mg but decided that 9mg seemed more sensible. 

I did that once. I thought I'd gone from 20 to 18, but actually went to 1.8 mg (Lexapro). It was not what you might call successful!!! The w/d was sufficiently extreme that it picked it up on the second (third? I think second) day.

I'm glad you calmly checked and didn't panic.

2005 St John's Wort / 2006-2012 Lexapro 20mg, 2 failed attempts to stop, tapered over 4.5 months in early 2012

January 2013 started Sertraline, over time worked up to 100mg

July 2014 Sertraline dropped from 100mg to 75mg, held for six months, slower tapering until 2019 22 Dec 3.2mg

2020 Sertraline 19 Jan 3.1mg, 26 Jan 3.0mg; 1 Mar 2.9, 7 Mar 2.8, May (some drops here) 24 May 2.5, May 29 2.4, June 21 2.3, June 28 2.2mg,  July 4 2.1mg, July 24 (or maybe a bit before) 2mg, early Nov switched to home made suspension; 29 Nov 1.8mg; approx 25 Dec 1.6mg)

2021 Some time in about Jan/Feb realised probably on more like 1.8mg and poss mixing error in making suspension; doses after 10 Feb accurate; 10 Feb 1.6mg; 7 Mar 1.4, continued monthly

10% drops until 1mg, then dropped 0.1mg monthly.

May 2022,0.1mg, now dropping 0.01mg per week

29 August 2022 - first day of zero!

My thread here at SA: https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1775-bubbles/page/21/

Current: Armour Thyroid

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi SkyBlue and bubbles,

Thanks for the support.  I'm hoping that my slow and steady taper stands me in good stead and the effect is minimal.  I'm not worrying about it, but the worst thing is knowing that it might be a few more days before any fall out happens.

I believe it happened to many of us including myself at multiple times. I'm glad you took less rather than more as that was what caused my kindling and reaction. 

You should be fine and stabilize quickly at 9mg.

wise move on not adding extra stress to it.

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,