Carmie

Hi ChessieCat, 

Just wanted to say I think about you a lot. You have been so kind to me and I appreciate it a lot. I know you are really struggling n my heart goes out to you but I just wanted to say you are AMAZING!! The work you do on this site is incredible!!!! Extra emphasis there, and well justified! 

Just wanted to send some sunshine your way. You really deserve lots of it!!☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Happy2Heal

seconding everything Carmie said ❤️😊😊

ChessieCat

Thanks ladies, I appreciate you kind thoughts and words.

UPDATE:  Made a reduction today.  Now down to 5mg.  95mg LESS than where I was at 3 y 2 m ago.  It's great to see it in that way.

Because I am close to the 10% reduction mark I held for 4 weeks instead of 3.  Time for an updated graph.

438654163_MyTaperGraphfullto8Dec2018.thumb.jpg.8978db74de22d06dfb204bfcb8f82ab6.jpg

ChessieCat
On 10/27/2015 at 6:14 PM, ChessieCat said:

because today is my 10th day at my lower dose and I have been feeling worse today than at any time since I halved my dosage.

Just been working out my dose reductions so I can post it in the Pristiq tapering topic for other members info because of having to get my doses compounded and I'm not making a precise 10% reduction each time.  And I've just realised that it was only 2 weeks that I had reduced from 100mg to 50mg.  For some reason I had always thought it was 3 weeks.  But I was suffering major cog fog at the time.  And feeling so bad it probably seemed like 3 weeks!  Still very thankful and relieved that I found SA when I did.

wantrelief
39 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Now down to 5mg.  95mg LESS than where I was at 3 y 2 m ago

Wow!  Congratulations, CC....that is an amazing accomplishment!

Carmie

Well done ChessieCat, 

You have done so well. I’m glad your withdrawals symptoms have been bearable too. This is very encouraging💚

ChessieCat

Thanks WantRelief and Carmie.  I must admit that it's a really great feeling.  However, I'm still amazed at what we go through to get off an AD.

I've posted the following info and table in tips-for-tapering-off-pristiq-desvenlafaxine

Getting off Pristiq is achievable!!!  😊

Depending on your compounding pharmacist, you might be able to get your Pristiq compounded in the dose you need to make a 10% reduction and get 28 capsules made up for a 4 week hold.  My compounder makes capsules in dose batches of 100 so I have had to adjust my tapering to suit the capsules.

I thought it might be helpful for other members tapering Pristiq to know what doses and length of holds I've done using compounded capsules.  In Australia we can only get 50mg and 100mg tablets.  In some other places 25mg tablets are available so you can use 50mg and 25mg tablets combined with capsules whenever possible.  I got my Pristiq compounded in the largest amount (eg 40mg, 30mg, 10mg) and then use 5mg, 2mg, 1mg, 0.5mg and 0.25mg to make up the full dose.  In the table I've included how I have already tapered on the right (doses from lowest to highest) and on the left is my proposed taper to 1.25mg (doses from highest to lowest).  Obviously if issues arise I will hold for longer.

I did a long hold of about 3 months on 50mg (a tablet dose so convenient) and about 7 weeks at 20mg (I had extra 20mg capsules available so I took the opportunity to hold).  I accidentally reduced my dose by half going from 9.5mg to 4.5mg instead of to 9mg for 5 days when I used the 0.5mg bottle of capsules instead of 5mg (yes, my anxiety did increase for a while).  I held for longer because of the error.  I also held for an extra week at 8mg.  I had dental issues from May 2018 and the accidental dose reduction mentioned.  And there might be info in my Intro topic for the other hold times which aren't 21 or 28 days:  chessiecat-so-im-not-the-only-one

When I got to 8.5mg I started taking a smaller part of the dose in the evening.  The amount varies, depending on what dose I am taking.  For example when taking 6mg I took 1mg at night (dose made up of 5mg and 1mg capsules) and at 5.5mg I took 0.5mg at night.  I'm now down to 5mg but my dose is made up of 4mg and 1mg capsules so I take 1mg at night.  Member Andie has just started taking 4mg capsules 3 times a day for his  her 12mg dose.

Sorry it's blurry.  It's not bolded but came out that way.  I tried but couldn't create a JPG and had to use PNG and this is how it turned out.  EDIT:  Thanks to my daughter's suggestion of using the "snip tool" to create this is now clearer.

1928954101_Doneandplan2018.PNG.e034c1db7885072d6e4e81fb878c7cff.PNG

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected gender of Andie/changed table

Carmie

That’s great ChessieCat, 

Well done! I’ll send anyone wanting to get off pristiq to you. 

Sending much love💚

Andie
3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Member Andie has just started taking 4mg capsules 3 times a day for his 12mg dose.

Hi SA Friends 

I’m a girl 😉.  No problem though! 

ChessieCat

So sorry Andie, I'm sure you understand how confusing it can be.  😏  We have some members with screen names which seem more feminine and we later realise that they are actually a male.

I've corrected the information in the posts.

Andie
3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

So sorry Andie, I'm sure you understand how confusing it can be.  😏  We have some members with screen names which seem more feminine and we later realise that they are actually a male.

I've corrected the information in the posts.

That’s ok Chessie. I totally understand! 

Well done on getting to 5mg. How are you feeling? 

ChessieCat

Thanks Andie.

Withdrawal wise I am feeling quite good.  Life wise I'm just plodding along taking one day at a time.  The biggest thing at the moment is getting through the Christmas / New Year holiday season.  I always find this time of year to be stressful so I'm just trying to stay removed from the hubbub that is going on.  Before AD tapering I used to be able to join in some of the merriment even though I had to make an effort to do so but would usually enjoy it.  However, I am feeling anti social and don't plan on going to any Christmas functions.  I figure why put myself through something which stresses me.

Andie
1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Thanks Andie.

Withdrawal wise I am feeling quite good.  Life wise I'm just plodding along taking one day at a time.  The biggest thing at the moment is getting through the Christmas / New Year holiday season.  I always find this time of year to be stressful so I'm just trying to stay removed from the hubbub that is going on.  Before AD tapering I used to be able to join in some of the merriment even though I had to make an effort to do so but would usually enjoy it.  However, I am feeling anti social and don't plan on going to any Christmas functions.  I figure why put myself through something which stresses me.

That’s great you are feeling good on the 5mg. It gives me a lot of hope that I can be free of the Pristiq. 

I am also avoiding the Christmas craziness and I haven’t been to any functions. I go to the shops either very early or very late as I find it just too overwhelming at the moment. Too many bright lights and sounds etc. My system struggles to cope. I also can’t watch much TV- too much rubbish! I don’t know whether it’s because my perspective on what is important in life has changed because of this process. 

ChessieCat

I no longer watch TV.  I think it's been about 2.5 years now.  I don't miss the garbage they expect us to watch and the news that isn't!  It's ended up being current affairs and sport.

Andie
8 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

I no longer watch TV.  I think it's been about 2.5 years now.  I don't miss the garbage they expect us to watch and the news that isn't!  It's ended up being current affairs and sport.

I agree. It’s utter garbage and sensationalism. 

Are we the only two currently tapering Pristiq? Where did everyone go? 

elbee
On 12/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, ChessieCat said:

Made a reduction today.  Now down to 5mg.  95mg LESS than where I was at 3 y 2 m ago.  It's great to see it in that way.

Congrats CC! Wow, graphing your progress really helps highlight how far you've come. I wonder if there is an app for that? ;)

8 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I no longer watch TV.  I think it's been about 2.5 years now.

Me either, though I still do watch movies and some documentaries (mostly science and nature). It wasn't until I quit watching standard TV programming that I realized what garbage it actually is (as you say) and how toxic it can be if I consume it. And yes, I very much limit my news intake too by all means.

ChessieCat

Went to the movies yesterday (I, Claude Monet - so a relaxing movie, not activating) and towards the end of the 1.5 hours I experienced twitching / mild jerking in all four limbs.  I occasionally experience it at night but that's the first time it has happened when I've been fully awake.  the movie started at 3 pm and we had walked a fair way before going in to the cinema, so maybe after the exercise and then relaxing for that amount of time and in the dark my brain was thinking it was time for a sleep. 😔 Zzzzzzz