stan: story

stan

Thanks Johnson for your link - encouraging that there is light at the end - eventually, but 12 years!  It is so depressing for many of us.  I can remember when I thought I would be off this after 3 years, then 4 and then 5 and then definitely by 6 and by 7 years I gave up all hope... and now in my 8th year ... and it never got better, in fact 8 symptoms just got worse and worse each year.

STAN!  Where are you are???  How are you?  It would be so good to hear that something is looking to improve in your life!  Please let us know how you are.

To top of my w/d I have had severe outside stressors with husband and eldest son tipping me over the edge which brought on shingles, extremely painful and debilitating..

Several times made the bad mistake in desperation of taking something to calm me down or for pain at the same time as my Paxil (NOW IS JUST UNDER 1/8th tablet) resulting in feeling like I would die... palpitations strong, heavy heart struggling to work and flopping around, very high tingling, hi anxiety, feeling totally stressed out, difficulty breathing... from taking the 1/8th with 1/2 codeine.  Another time in desperation to calm myself (began having panic attacks recently and hysteria) took 1/4 sleeping tablet with the 1/8 Paxil.  It is so FREAKY.  During these times relaxation and breathing exercises didn't help, besides the fact I felt like a crazy person and couldn't think clearly anyway.  I have learned to take these other things SEPARATE to the Paxil. 

It's hard to believe that there is life after Paxil... and for others benzo's and other a/d's. 

1995-2007      20mg Aropax/Paxil for pain.  Years of up and down doses

2008                Endep, Lexapro and then Esipram (hell!) CT (oh dear!)

2009                20mg Aropax.  Tried skipping doses for a year (more hell!)

2010                10mg.  10% taper.  Lasted 4 months. Crashed again

2011                5% taper. 9mg-7mg (hell got even worse!)

2012                2.5% taper.  6.6mg – 5.6mg (worser still & unbearable)

2013                5% taper.  Big mistake.  5.5mg – 4.6mg  (even worserer)

2014                2.5% taper.  4.9mg – 4.5mg;    2015 2.5% taper 4.4 - 4.0mg

2016                2.5% taper.  3.9mg  Feb 3.8   Mar 3.7  May 3.6   Jul 3.5

2017                2.5% taper.  Jan 3.4;   Mar 3.35;  Apr 3.3; Oct 3; Dec 2.9;

2018                2.5% taper. Jan 2.8; Mar 2.7; Mar: 2.75; Jun 2.7; Aug 2.6; Oct 2.5; Nov 2.4; Dec 2.3

2019                Jan 2.2; Feb 2.1;

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stan

• Altostrata

• Neuroplastic

• summer

On 9/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, johnson said:

hi johnson and grandma and all,

thanks for the link, but this man was only 5 years on meds, and very young as i see he is 12 years meds free and is only 47 years old, so he stopped med at 35

more you are young, less years you take, it is better to heal partially

more you have been drugged, more you are old,  is opposite

at 68 years , 13 years drugged, i see i am in the opposite after 9 years med free, nothing is gone, only a little changed, worse, less worse, worse, less worse and so on

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

• 6 months later...

Hi stan, how are you doing? 

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

• 4 months later...

hello to all,

i am 69 this year

At more than 10 years what is my condition today?
what happens to my discontinuation withdrawal syndrome?

I would say that I wrongly attributed problems to the antidepressant. In fact, given my age, there were coincidences, I have prostate, osteoarthritis, arthritis and other rheumatism that have nothing to do with antidepressant and my tapering over 11 months.
I will try to restore what I think is true for me.
I am like a lot in partial healing, so I have sequelae due to the antidepressant, normal, we take a nervous toxic for years, there are some destructions. Anything that has not left after 5/6 years is likely to be final.

My sequels stabilized for several years:
small motor coordination disorders walking and stiff standing,
small debilitating attacks of akathisia during small stresses,
a completely deteriorated sleep,
crisis of derealization,
external stimuli more difficult to manage,
my anxiety a little worse,
a dry mouth nose syndrome (gougerot szoegren) that appeared 1 year after stopping, is it due to the antidepressant? i do not know,

all the rest cited during the years(arthrosis, prostate, back pains), in my view, has no relation with antidepressants although it handicaps me, this is due to my age at the end of the Antidepressant, 59 years.
Does the antidepressant worsen my old problems? surely, but he is not the cause.
I have stabilized for several years now, so what has not cured in 5 years, will not cure, moreover I see no improvement except the old age disorders that pursue me as for everyone.

for anxiety 

12 years paxil - cold turkey 1,5 month - switch celexa 1 year taper; total 13 years on brain meds 

67 years old - 9 years  med free

in protracted withdrawal

rigidity standing and walking, dryness gougerot-szoegren, sleep deteriorate,

function as have a lack of nerves, improving have been very little 

I am glad to hear you are still making small progress. 

I wish you continued improvements. 

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

• 2 weeks later...

no improvement need acceptance and adaptation of the environnment.

very often, i forget that i have been on drugs for long. I just see my body, and think "why all that??? " and i search on internet for reasons ...

I have discover empty nose syndrome (if you have been chirurgical nose, it can impact breath and anxiety). I do not know if i have it, but i had chirurgical nose things when younger.

it is like if i do not have enought mucus in my nose.

is your dryness "dryness gougerot-szoegren" finished? what do you do to cope with that?

(i am french)

1998 prazépam, citalopram /1999 paroxetine prazepam /2000 paroxétine /2001venafaxine, alprazolam, clomipramine * 2002 (dont remember)/2003 clomipramine, alprazolam /2004 clomipramine /2005 alprazolam /2006(dont remember) * 2007citalopram, alprazolam, prazépam, venlafaxine /2008(dont remember) /2009 venlafaxine /2010 venlafaxine *All precedent withdrawal were very fast. I tried many times to stop but didn't know what happened. *2011 mirtazapine (22,5 mg) , norset , risperdal (cold turkey for risperdal and norset, analysis by doctor say that my body does not support and i was in danger) /2012 mirtazapine / 2013 mirtazapine  *october 2014 mirtazapine (15mg) - putting down slowly.   *when i was good for one month i  down 1ml. (1ml of 100ml of water in which there was 1 pill of 15mg of mirtazapine. At the end i remove 1ml of 50ml of water but with 0,5 pill it does the same concentration.) (i down more like "how i feel, because at the beginning i had a calendar tapping 10% every 15 days and i was really bad, so i decided to see one month and after if i was trust in my body, i remove 10% of the dose at the beginning; and at the end i remove 1ml (when the 10% was lower than 1ml). It was more how i feel. (it is just the last 1 ml that i remove rapidly because i think i was attached mentally and i need to break. and 1ml of 50ml of 15/2mg is just 1ml correspond to 0.15mg. ).  -juillet 2017 stop all. 

nov 2017 tetany and gastritis. I found "euphytose", "spasmine", "phyto-stress" from Govital(the more efficient if crisis because more concentrated)  efficient. If very bad i take valerian extract 1000mg (stop crisis). 

january 2022: I survive. Still having no hunger sensation.