Junglechicken

• Moderator Emeritus

I second AliG's recommendations.  Reading, and listening, to Eckhart was transformative for me.  All your cogitating is increasing your suffering, and you really do have the power to control your thoughts and choose whether or not to engage in them.  I love this Eckhart audio about what he calls the Pain Body, how he describes our thoughts, or the "being"within us that engages in them.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/10992-eckhart-tolle-the-pain-body-and-mental-suffering-during-withdrawal/

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hahaha, just listened to those audios, AGAIN, and realized my Pain Body has been rearing her ugly head up lately and I haven't been conscious of it!  But now I am, AGAIN!  Bears lots of repeating :-)  I think I'll name her, just have to come up with a funny one, since humor is very important in this!

Mindfulness/Presence/Acceptance take work in that you just need to keep noticing when you are becoming UN-conscious.  I have to remind myself a lot that my thoughts cause my suffering, and days will go by where I forget to do that, thank you cog-fog!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

SG - I just listened to both and discussed with my hubby, asked for his help. They had me in tears AGAIN as they brought up raw emotions.

Going to put together a DRILL that I can go to when I feel myself escalating into PANIC and ANXIETY.

Hubby will take me through it when I get into the DANGER ZONE.

Thank you :0)

JC X

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

That is fantastic, JC - very wise to employ DH's help.  I was just thinking of doing the same if I can get mine to spend the time to listen.  He can be stubborn sometimes!  But I do think it would be helpful to have our DHs check in with us, if not outright point out that the Pain Body is acting up LOL!  Sometimes it is insidious and gets going without our awareness.

SG

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, I just wanted to thank you, JC, for going ahead and listening to those - it is nice to have someone be willing to give one's suggestions a try, even if they end up not helping :-)

SG

SG - I reached a point of desperation today that I HAVE to get a grip on my mind.

I'm in tailspins all the time about my body pains, and its so draining being in a constant state of terror.

This is an approach that I have to try with hubby's help.

Plan to write my drill tomorrow for the emotion ANXIETY.

I will then follow up with ANGER, FEAR and DEPRESSION.

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

This is my ANXIETY drill:

1) Count down from 50 backwards.

2) MANTRA "I am ok, I am just anxious, it will pass, and I will be ok" (repeat as much as needed).

3) BREATHING - deep breathing for 5 mins (concentrate on getting as much air into lungs as possible).

4) DISTRACTION - walking, reading with hubby.

Major Life Events: 

Last night I experienced stabbing sensations in my right foot and on my right hip.  Also the usual lower intestine spasms.

This morning I had a bowel movement the minute I woke up and then diarrhoea after breakfast and lower back pain came on.

I know I'm anxious as we are due to see the nurse today to have our weight, height, provide urine sample etc done.

Have been pacing around too.  

Was doing well yesterday evening as well.

Major Life Events: 

Bloodwork and urine were all fine. That was a relief.

My concern now is cervical cancer - last smear test was 2014 and clear. Was told I didn't have to have the next one for another 3 yrs.

Nurse said to speak to doc re: spotting (the one and only time I have ever had it) which has been going on for the last 6 days post period and the IBS.

Yes I read through the entire thread re: menstrual cycle abnormalities due to WD.

Major Life Events: 

Hi JC

I notice in another therad you asked about length of drug trials.

You might find this insightful read about  prozac  ...Lilly basically provided a behaviour template for all who followed.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7571-☼-nz11-climbs-onboard/?p=215836

What an excellent anxiety drill you have  !!

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Thank you NZ11 re my drill. Yes, I have a LOT of work to do over the coming months to get my head sorted out.

I will read up on the drug trials from the link you sent me - many thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from seeing doc and I will have to updose as doc reckons I am unstable (which I am). Have been unable to cope with simple stuff and cannot function in my present state.

Have to decide whether to stick with escitalopram or switch to a one of its cousins like citalopram.

She also reckons I can stop taking the supplements as they are expensive and probably aren't doing anything.

For the IBS, no medication as its all caused by my emotional state.

In addition my talking therapies sessions start next week. This is done over the phone.

For the menstrual spotting she has no concerns - she said to keep track of my periods and any changes, but as a number of people on here have tried to get through to me, the extended period this month was due to stress.

I will follow up with her after my talking therapies session.

So that's it folks for now.

Oh and I have a job interview at the end of the month.

Major Life Events: 

NZ11 wow that was a disturbing read.....

Major Life Events: 

Plan to stay on same meds and updose to 5mg. This should take the edge off the anxiety.

My hubby admitted that he is worn out from trying to talk me down from my health anxiety.

We both need this to happen.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi JC.  Found it. 

I watched a bit of the testimony of this woman who is trying to help to change status quo with overprescribing, lack of full disclosure, and the need for more help and acknowledgement of/with Benzo withdrawal........ basically sharing her story regarding how the benzo's given to her in post partum negatively changed her life.  It was great.  They are trying to make some changes through the legal system in Massachusetts as far as prescribing benzo's goes.  An excellent start.

She wound up getting a hysterectomy, in hopes of better mood control, after the effects of benzo's on her hormones and reproductive system.  I believe a lot of the psych. drugs do the same thing.  Me,  I had early menopause(within normal limits though at age 44) and I am sure some pretty wildy fluctuating hormonal stuff for a long time......... 

These drugs do that kind of thing I now know.

Just commenting on your mention of "menstrual cycle abnormalities" above.  I have to be kind of cautious lately what I read though as I can be a bit of a hypochondriac off and on.  Anyway, at age 58 now, and they tell me I don't even need to get PAP smears more often than every 5-10 years or so, which is great I say!  No family history or ever anything found previously though in the cancer realm.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi MMTD,

See my response to you on the other Cipralex thread.

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Lol.  I did.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

Jchicken, my guess is the move back to UK was stressful and your nervous system is still trying to recover from that.

If you have health anxiety, that would make it all a lot worse.

If you want to try an updose, I would try 3mg rather than a jump to 5mg. You could add the .5mg in liquid form.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto, this backs up MMTD's up-dose recommendation.

Will work with hubby in getting to grips with the titration.

Yes, the move back must have seriously taken its toll on my CNS as since being back I have experienced: deep depression, frequent crying spells, neuro-emotions, terror, IBS, frequent urination and now a weird period (not to mention all the irregular ones previously). And yes the health anxiety is a problem although the medical profession don't seem to recognise it at all.

I hadn't made the connection at all re: my most recent abnormal period being caused by the stress and anxiety.

Fortunately I have therapy sessions coming up so watch this space.

Major Life Events: 

STOP PRESS - have actually had my first NORMAL bowel movement in weeks.

The sad thing about this is I am so HAPPY (am actually smiling) about it as it's the only thing that's been normal for a while.

May more normal bodily functions start happening again, lol.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

And I bet you feel better in more ways than one!!!

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

LOL CC - too funny!!

Forgot to add to the wonderful list of ailments/mental issues above - appetite loss, weight loss, suicidal ideation, extreme agitation, restlessness.

I think that just about sums it up.

Yes, may my bodily functions start getting back to normal including my mind!

IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE:

After speaking to hubby re: titration up to 3mg he doesn't think I'll cope with this and get stressed out trying to get the dose right. I have a choice of 5mg or 10mg pills as I cannot obtain the liquid.

The other person I have to convince re: this small dose increase is my GP.

Hubby also says I need to focus on my root cause anxiety and depression through therapy etc., with the WD issues being secondary.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

What do you do for body work JC?  Even simple postures and simple movement of the body can help reprogram the now disrupted pathways.  I don't know that the going over again and again of the root causes has helped me too much other than just acknowledgement that they do sometimes come up.  Although I am not certain what your DH meant by focusing on the root causes........just saying that sometimes it can backfire, getting lost in it all over.  Can he give gentle massage, especially to the upper back, neck areas once a day too?  :blush:

Hand on thigh turned upward and open.........back against the wall and shoulders back...........sometimes I just stop and look up when I breathe.

I don't think you "have to" convince anyone.........except yourself first.........but then again........I don't know much :) .

I did great for a long time on cutting the 10mg. tab with a pill splitter into 5mg. portions.  My main rationale at the time was decreasing shrink appointments(or prescriber of any kind) and always having a several month supply.  How have you been doing the 2.5mg. dose?

p.s. glad to hear really of all the "bodily" function stuff really.......not glad but it's okay to put it out here.........why I remember my hemorrhoid back at the beginning when I got here.........

Thank you MMTD (food for thought for me) will keep you posted.

I am now putting my energy (mental) into setting up a Southwest UK Support Group - for those folks who are interested please check out the thread in the 'Relationships' section.

Some people have already expressed an interest in this, and I hope it will grow.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

J.C.   I don't know if it is different there , but why do you have to convince your G.P ?  You only need them for your script .

The other person I have to convince re: this small dose increase is my GP. 

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Ali

P.S.  Don't listen to everything " Hubby " says .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Ali and MMTD,

Ok, ok I hear you guys.

Will stick at 3mg - just need to get to grips with how I'll do it.

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Synchronicity! JC....I did the same thing for a support group or even one time meeting with some! Posted. We'll see...

• Moderator Emeritus

Mine would be SW USA or thereabouts.  However, I haven't had any other expressed interest.........maybe in time or I can msg. some people?

Hi MMTD,

Good for you for trying!

I messaged some people and heard back from most, but was trying to spread the net a bit wider.

This could take some time I guess....

Hugs,

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

They say that moving is one of the most stressful things a person can do, so go easy on yourself.  And you didn't just move house, you moved countries!  I was a wreck last time I moved, and that was within the same town, only two streets away. 

Some things will ease just given time as you settle in there. 

Hugs,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thank you Karen :0)

Yes the move has been brutal on my CNS, but as you say, I am finding some symptoms are at last starting to ease.

Not having a routine (like going to work) has been tough although I have tried to establish one.

Having the support of you amazing SA people has helped me through this and I am still alive, lol

HUGS,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Had another lovely morning volunteering.

My mood has improved since last week, but then my hubby got a call from my mother last night.  

She burst into tears and was evidently angry with me because I wasn't keen on my brother staying with us when he visits the UK next month.  My hubby had offered to have him some weeks ago, but I am reticent because my moods change and I am also sore because my brother and S-I-L offered us no support at all when we lived in Canada.  Not only that but they are possibly the most stingy people I know.

She thinks I am stupid because when they die then I will have no one - she then apologised to my hubby for the fact that my family is so dysfunctional.  Also, she doesn't know what to do about me.   I haven't seen my parents for about a month as frankly seeing them winds me up.  

I am trying to keep my mood stable before the job interview next week.

Also praying that my TOTM is normal this month.

Major Life Events: 

Thought about the parents thing some more.

They really don't have any idea how badly their lack of financial planning messed up my life.  I strongly regret having any involvement but the fact is, there wasn't anyone else who would step in and solve it all.

My brother just stayed out of it (he was living in Canada and I, the UK) at the time.  I had to get buy-in from him and my S-I-L (imagine what a nightmare that was) given that my S-I-L had fallen out with my mother.  She didn't even want to come to my wedding.

My mother turned her back on the whole thing and started drinking and smoking heavily and my father continued along in his cloud cuckoo land.  My mother also blamed my father 100% for what happened and didn't take any responsibility but also neither of them did anything to solve their financial mess.  I also felt emotionally blackmailed into giving them my money "for the rest of their lifetimes" when I hadn't even got my own life up and running.

And so I stepped in to try and solve it all - BIG F*****G mistake that was.

They had huge debts which I ended up paying 50% of, my brother the other 50% and so it goes on.

And then she seems to resent me for not wanting to be around them every 5 mins as I am struggling with depression and the physical effects it causes; and not wanting to play happy families and have my brother to stay with us so that she can kid herself that everything is great.

And now my mother's whole side of the family knows about my depression, and yet they have no idea of the cause - the whole story.

My whole family is deluded and I'm so tired of them.

Major Life Events: 

J.C .  I understand . You have to move on.  I have the same .  Stay strong and true to you.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi AliG,

It's the moving on part I have been struggling with, and what I guess is slowing down my ability to heal.

Once I am earning money again I will get therapy. CBT starts in 8-10 weeks as am on the waiting list.

JC

Major Life Events: 

Now praying that my TOTM arrives without any hitches - its due any day now.  A bit scared after last months weirdness.

Also preparing for a job interview on Wednesday.

Yesterday I chatted to a friend of my hubby who has been on ADs and an AP.  It was surreal talking to someone face to face for the first time about my experience on ADs and the struggles I have had.  He has had a horrendous time as well and although he is now completely off meds he still has health issues to deal with.

All set for the first Southwest UK SA Support Group meeting on 14th May as noon.....

Major Life Events: 

Interview over with thank god....

The WD brain fog helped things enormously as well as my TOTM arriving this morning.

Major Life Events: