SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Junglechicken

• Moderator Emeritus
48 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

I cry every day when I see photos of my father....I unpacked a whole load of family photos, and then last week watched an old family holiday film (converted from VHS to DVD), and felt a profound sadness for how things have turned out.  I saw my carefree 13 yr old self running around and my parents from 35 yrs ago (my father looking dapper) and my mother looking chic as she did before things went so wrong.

It's as though there is the last remaining window into an enchanted life.  However, (as my therapist said, "one which was built on sand").

That's so lovely ^.  You are doing what you should be right now I think.......remembering all the good stuff.........holding it close in your heart.  It gets better......slowly and surely......you'll see.  And take all the time you need........ 

I'm okay.  I don't cry every day anymore.......I cried.......for........days.......though........that was exhausting.  Now I just get weird bursts of it......the crying........at weird times.    It is easier to carry now......my own grief.  Yours will be too.  I've learned we don't let go of it.......ever, not completely........we give it a place in our hearts, or give those that we have lost a place there.......and that way.........we keep them with us.  They're with us always.  Oh......I'm going to go to this place up the canyon soon......... and let a purple helium balloon go........maybe attach a short note...........stand there and watch it float on up, up and away..........I think that will help........I picture him up in the sky now...........and I've felt his presence on more than a few occaisions..........so.........it's all going okay.

I'm actually talking to some of my inanimate objects now.........JanCarol got me started on that.........when she shared a story.  Like I asked the full kitchen sink what it would like from me one day..........then I did some dishes........B)  Soooo.......when you can.........practice some of that loving kindness, with yourself first..........and then move it on outward. 

And for Pete's sake, quit overdoing!!!!  That's when I find myself getting mad at everything and everybody.  Go........slooooooowly..........sloooooow ly. 

You are worth it Jungle, and worthy, and the most magnificent creature you were created to be.  You are.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

L, P, H, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

2 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

That's so lovely ^.  You are doing what you should be right now I think.......remembering all the good stuff.........holding it close in your heart.  It gets better......slowly and surely......you'll see.  And take all the time you need........ 

I'm okay.  I don't cry every day anymore.......I cried.......for........days.......though........that was exhausting.  Now I just get weird bursts of it......the crying........at weird times.    It is easier to carry now......my own grief.  Yours will be too.  I've learned we don't let go of it.......ever, not completely........we give it a place in our hearts, or give those that we have lost a place there.......and that way.........we keep them with us.  Their with us always.

I'm actually talking to some of my inanimate objects now.........JanCarol got me started on that.........when she shared a story.  Like I asked the full kitchen sink what it would like from me today..........then I did some dishes........B)  Soooo.......when you can.........practice some of that loving kindness, with yourself first..........and then move it on outward. 

And for Pete's sake, quit overdoing!!!!  That's when I find myself getting mad at everything and everybody.  Go........slooooooowly..........sloooooow ly. 

You are worth it Jungle, and worthy, and the most magnificent creature you were created to be.  You are.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

L, P, H, and growth,

mmt

No, we never let go of the grief, and that I know before I'm even "there".

Haha re: talking to inanimate objects..…….I talk to my "Sealy" all the time (I've mentioned him a fair bit on here).  He is all I have left from my childhood (save a few trinkets here and there).

I struggle to relax and sit on my ass, I really do.  This is the only area of life I would take a leaf out of my MIL's book!  She has sat on her ass for over 40 years now.  Does nothing, contributes nothing.

I find it all therapeutic really (interior designing, gardening etc.,), however, the knee issues (ironically) were caused by a game played during a weight loss session in a nearby town.  Twisted my knee during the softball game and crashed down onto both knees.  Not as agile etc., as I used to be, not to mention carrying too much weight.

I'm still very much in the disbelief, shock stage of losing Dad...…..it STILL hasn't sunk in 6 months after the fact, and even though he was fading away 2 years ago when we arrived back in the UK.

None of it has sunk in.

L, P, H, and growth right back to you mmt,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

P.S Anyone seen or heard from Flowers?  She hasn't posted for quite a few weeks, I hope she is ok.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah.......your loss IS a bit different........your dear Dad.........mine, this time(I mean I'm at the age where this isn't my first rodeo with grief and loss) was only a couple of years relationship thing........a helper, guide, best friend when so needed.

I even hit complete acceptance now sometimes.  It's all really variable........the stages...........yet I'm pretty certain the disbelief and shock part is over for me.  Very understandable that that is still very prominent for you now.  And the anger.......like I said........I go from loving kindness to killing inanimate objects too!!!  B)

I'll just say atta boy girl then!   As far as your current busy pursuit and enjoyment of the the things you do.  I guess I hit the flight part of fight or flight and flew into emo/action paralysis for a bit.  Pleased to say I'm on it now baby........the action again AND enjoying the little things that go with it.  I've got a date with the lawn mower now and best get out there before it's too hot.........

I like the same stuff Jungle......the interior design and gardening too..........hopefully can re-pursue those interests again soon.  My withdrawal journey sort of set me behind on keeping up with a lot though.......a lot of fatigue and just cerebral time..........improving.  I often have to ask for help and do..........as I'm a Junior Senior now......LOL.........can't do it all by myself like I used to.

I remember Sealy.......yay!

Okie dokie, over and out......Monday, monday........and oh.......listening to BBC radio once in awhile as I'm disconnected from television right now.

Love, peace, healing, growth,

mmt

......and no........I haven't spied a Flowers post lately.......

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

1 minute ago, manymoretodays said:

Yah.......your loss IS a bit different........your dear Dad.........mine, this time(I mean I'm at the age where this isn't my first rodeo with grief and loss) was only a couple of years relationship thing........a helper, guide, best friend when so needed.

I even hit complete acceptance now sometimes.  It's all really variable........the stages...........yet I'm pretty certain the disbelief and shock part is over for me.  Very understandable that that is still very prominent for you now.  And the anger.......like I said........I go from loving kindness to killing inanimate objects too!!!  B)

I'll just say atta boy girl then!   As far as your current busy pursuit and enjoyment of the the things you do.  I guess I hit the flight part of fight or flight and flew into emo/action paralysis for a bit.  Pleased to say I'm on it now baby........the action again AND enjoying the little things that go with it.  I've got a date with the lawn mower now and best get out there before it's too hot.........

I like the same stuff Jungle......the interior design and gardening too..........hopefully can re-pursue those interests again soon.  My withdrawal journey sort of set me behind on keeping up with a lot though.......a lot of fatigue and just cerebral time..........improving.  I often have to ask for help and do..........as I'm a Junior Senior now......LOL.........can't do it all by myself like I used to.

I remember Sealy.......yay!

Okie dokie, over and out......Monday, monday........and oh.......listening to BBC radio once in awhile as I'm disconnected from television right now.

Love, peace, healing, growth,

mmt

......and no........I haven't spied a Flowers post lately.......

mmt,

If you were in the UK, I would meet up with you for sure!

THANK YOU for putting into words what I am unable to do.

WD has atrophied my brain too (for some things), and like you, fatigue, and also sensitivity to multiple things.

Happy mowing (our lawn isn't big enough to mow, lol!).

L, P, H and G,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Leg pains bad today.....should I go and see my GP?

Osteo noticed I have surface veins behind my knee on one side.

Pains and also aches run all the way up to my buttock and down to my foot, esp., on right side.

Really concerned.  Wondering if it's the sciatic nerve??

Help ☹️

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

Yes sounds exactly the same same as my pain, definitely sciatic nerve.  Pins and needles in foot as well is another symptom of sciatic nerve. There are quite a few exercises on the net for relieving sciatic nerve pain but just do it gently and not if it hurts. 

Even doing things gently seems to cause cause damage in all sorts of parts of the body at the moment. Just moving some furniture the other week pulled something in my chest that made me feel as though I had broken my rib for a few days. Banged my foot, swelled up and horrible pain for another few days. 

It seems im being attacked from all quarters with anxiety just going up and up. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

8 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

Yes sounds exactly the same same as my pain, definitely sciatic nerve.  Pins and needles in foot as well is another symptom of sciatic nerve. There are quite a few exercises on the net for relieving sciatic nerve pain but just do it gently and not if it hurts. 

Even doing things gently seems to cause cause damage in all sorts of parts of the body at the moment. Just moving some furniture the other week pulled something in my chest that made me feel as though I had broken my rib for a few days. Banged my foot, swelled up and horrible pain for another few days. 

It seems im being attacked from all quarters with anxiety just going up and up. 

Hugs

Hi Scorpio,

Thank you for confirming that, it's brutal isn't it?

And of course the anxiety that goes with it.

The moving furniture thing happened to me in Canada, as we sold pretty much everything but that meant carrying large chests of drawers down stairs.  I was in WD and put my lower back out twice. Excruciating pain.

Who "diagnosed" that it was the sciatic nerve, your GP?  I have an osteo appt on Thurs and want to avoid seeing my GP if I can.

Hugs back

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

no this time self diagnosed.  I badly hurt my back a couple of years ago where I tore two discs and the fluid leaks out and into the nerve centre in the buttock which then radiates down the sciatic nerve. Now I’m left with that weakness so know what it is. Had x rays when first damaged and specialist diagnosed the problem. It is as you say excruciating and as already been in this wave for six weeks it feels like my life has just crashed. 

The furniture i moved was only my settees which have wheels on the bottom, although heavy to push not over heavy and obviously with our bodies so frail at the moment it reacted. I’ve moved the same furniture for years with no problems. 

Hugs

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

That sounds horrendous Scorpio, that really does.

I know all these ailments add up and become very overwhelming.

I suspect I've somehow managed to damage mine from the knee accident over a month ago.  The pain radiates from the foot, up behind the knee, up the back of the leg and sometimes outer thigh, and sometimes up to the buttock.

Ughh!

Have also got pins and needles in the calf area.

Should probably see my GP after seeing osteo to rule out "stuff".

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

yes everything is horrible at the moment but hopefully tomorrow the better days will appear. Meanwhile I will continue walking like a cross between a monkey and a decrepit old lady. 

See what your osteo says but make sure he is he is very careful as you don’t want to aggravate a painful back. Try the gentle exercises on the net. One which I find helpful is get on all fours lift leg bring it towards your chin then straighten leg and push it behind you. Does that make sense!  Hope it helps. 

Hugs

Thank you Scorpio,

Yes I know the exercises.

My back isn't painful only my leg(s).

If it doesn't improve, I'm sueing the NHS.

It was a case of "too much too soon", and the guy who took the session should have known better.

Another chap was on the verge of having a heart attack and was rushed to hospital.  That couple never returned to the weight loss sessions.

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

Overdid it yesterday.

Very ramped up nervous system today - feel awful.

Extra loud tinnitus, dizziness, fatigue, feel like I'm going down with something.

Interview in just over an hr.

Major Life Events: 

Thought I was going to die in that interview.

I got hotter and hotter (like a really bad hot flush that won't go away), and I felt really dizzy.

Just wanted it to be over.

Done some gardening so feel a bit better, but yikes, felt I'll before, during and better now.

That says to me I'm still unable to handle stressful situations.

Major Life Events: 

Still getting that damn stitch in left side.

Have booked appointment with GP (2 weeks time).

Hopefully its caused by WD/anxiety.

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

sounds like you have had a very hard day but you got through it and the interview.  I admire your stamina. I woke feeling all the miserable effects of w/d at 4 hitting hard but had a poorly grandson from 10.30 and I think he dragged me through today.

its amazing even when we feel absolutely awful that somehow we can force ourselves to perform when we have to. 

40 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

sounds like you have had a very hard day but you got through it and the interview.  I admire your stamina. I woke feeling all the miserable effects of w/d at 4 hitting hard but had a poorly grandson from 10.30 and I think he dragged me through today.

its amazing even when we feel absolutely awful that somehow we can force ourselves to perform when we have to. 

Hi Scorpio,

Yes, I survived ... Had a therapy session this morning.

I admire your stamina too, you still get through each day despite little sleep and looking after little people needs a lot of energy.

I'm struggling with HA Scorpio.....keep getting stitches and have some pressure in same area.  ND reckons its anxiety (noticed I had a stitch right before interview).

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

its the anxiety that I find the hardest to cope with, the other symptoms although horrible I can just about cope with.  During this long wave even the symptoms I had when this started and had disappeared are back. It’s like Groundhog Day everyday. 

Hugs

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

its the anxiety that I find the hardest to cope with, the other symptoms although horrible I can just about cope with.  During this long wave even the symptoms I had when this started and had disappeared are back. It’s like Groundhog Day everyday. 

Hugs

I know, the anxiety is always there, underneath the surface (on a good day) or ramped up on a bad day.

It sounds like your symptoms are on replay.  You'd think they would be easier to cope with ("better the devil you know")?

I hate the fact these are new and unpredictable.

Got peri-meno to thank for a lot of them too.

Major Life Events: 

16 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Thought I was going to die in that interview.

I got hotter and hotter (like a really bad hot flush that won't go away), and I felt really dizzy.

Just wanted it to be over.

Done some gardening so feel a bit better, but yikes, felt I'll before, during and better now.

That says to me I'm still unable to handle stressful situations.

Yes, anxiety is my constant companion. Has been my entire life , it is just ramped up by the withdrawals. I would be completely like that in an interview !!!  I’ve got to be realistic though. It is not just withdrawals,. I would have been like that at any point in my life. My anxiety is worse because of tapering my ad’s but it has always been there. Time for me to try new things. Meditation is at the top of the list. If I am going to live drug free, then I have got to try and find a way to master this anxiety that dominates my life. When my anxiety is really bad it can manifest itself as a physical illness. Especially aching joints. 

I have just tapered another 5 mgs and my anxiety is up a little more. I went to the cinema yesterday and while watching the film, I could hear sounds from the screen next door and it was annoying me. Just like the neighbours annoy me at night with their tv !!!!!!   I’m determined,though,to see this through. This site helps a lot. If it wasn’t for this site, I would have given up. Knowing that what I am going through is ‘normal’ makes it bearable.

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

1 minute ago, Steve61 said:

Yes, anxiety is my constant companion. Has been my entire life , it is just ramped up by the withdrawals. I would be completely like that in an interview !!!  I’ve got to be realistic though. It is not just withdrawals,. I would have been like that at any point in my life. My anxiety is worse because of tapering my ad’s but it has always been there. Time for me to try new things. Meditation is at the top of the list. If I am going to live drug free, then I have got to try and find a way to master this anxiety that dominates my life. When my anxiety is really bad it can manifest itself as a physical illness. Especially aching joints. 

I have just tapered another 5 mgs and my anxiety is up a little more. I went to the cinema yesterday and while watching the film, I could hear sounds from the screen next door and it was annoying me. Just like the neighbours annoy me at night with their tv !!!!!!   I’m determined,though,to see this through. This site helps a lot. If it wasn’t for this site, I would have given up. Knowing that what I am going through is ‘normal’ makes it bearable.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Being able to master the anxiety is key to recovery.

Whenever I get a new symptom(s), HA gets triggered......I seem to be unable to "go with the flow" and let it run its course.  So I've made a GP appointment for Monday to ask about these stitches I keep getting in my left side.  Have also got pain / pressure on left side (under rib cage) which radiates out.

Anxiety (if not released by exercise) causes a build up of too much adrenaline/cortisol which causes muscles and joints to ache because of the lactic acid.  

My therapist reminded me about this yesterday - my legs have been killing me.

Tell me about it re: this site.  

JC

Major Life Events: 

Saw my osteo, who said the stitches and pain in left side were due to having a tight diaphragm.

Time to start doing exercises that open the chest area up.

Lg, you were right.  It's from being hunched up and anxious for too long.  In other words, WD.

My knees / legs are going to take time to heal, so I just have to grit it.

Seeing my GP about stitches would be a waste of time, so I'll discuss hormone issues and get another FSH test done.

Major Life Events: 

Very ramped up CNS.

Was anxious during weight loss session.  Have felt "off" since osteo appt.  I think it triggered a bad CNS response.

Chest feels right, feel like I can't breathe etc.,. 

Maybe TOTM about to start??

Also, I started taking 5HTP yesterday.

Major Life Events: 

Had a very bad night.

Couldn't stop crying, followed by being woken up by a racing heart and thinking I was going to die (again).

My TOTM arrived this morning, so I suspect these are all peri-meno symptoms.

On Wednesday during my interview, I had a massive hot flush.  Yes, it could also have been anxiety, but happened 2 days before my TOTM.

On Monday, I'll be talking hormones....this is a nightmare.

Major Life Events: 

I'm so sorry you're having this trouble. Hang in there! Hopefully you can get some relief! ♥️

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

9 hours ago, Dalalea said:

I'm so sorry you're having this trouble. Hang in there! Hopefully you can get some relief! ♥️

Dalalea

Thanks D,

I feel like I'm going crazy.

My body is reacting badly to just about everything right now.

It needs calm, calm and more calm.

Slept for 10 hrs last night and feel a bit better today.

How are you?

Hugs,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Am coming down with a cold, and feel absolutely exhausted today.....just want to sleep.

Stabbing leg pains again in right leg.  They started up after a walk we went on earlier today.

Still feeling stitch like sensations under rib cage on left side.

Heavy TOTM.

All in all, pretty miserable.

Major Life Events: 

Definitely got a virus.  Have all symptoms except a temperature.

Major Life Events: 

Feeling of having a virus completely gone today.  Slept for at least 10hrs.

Right leg pain really bad.

Have appointment with GP tomorrow.

Wondering if the pain is being caused by the surface veins???  Really worried about it.

Am pretty sure it was triggered by that accident 5 wks ago.

Major Life Events: 

I'm happy for the good rest you've had! 10 hours!

Could your pain possible be from your back? I get pain in my leg and radiating pain around my ribs that gets better with an adjustment. He always finds that a specific place or two are causing problems by making those muscle groups very tight. I can't remember if you've mentioned that before.

I'm battling health anxiety this week because I have my check up on Tuesday. I really dread going to doctors because they always want to add or change something but won't talk to me about ways to deal with things naturally. I'm only on a blood pressure medicine now and would love to get off of it, too.

I hope you find the solutions you need for the pain you're feeling.

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

1 hour ago, Dalalea said:

I'm happy for the good rest you've had! 10 hours!

Could your pain possible be from your back? I get pain in my leg and radiating pain around my ribs that gets better with an adjustment. He always finds that a specific place or two are causing problems by making those muscle groups very tight. I can't remember if you've mentioned that before.

I'm battling health anxiety this week because I have my check up on Tuesday. I really dread going to doctors because they always want to add or change something but won't talk to me about ways to deal with things naturally. I'm only on a blood pressure medicine now and would love to get off of it, too.

I hope you find the solutions you need for the pain you're feeling.

Dalalea

Hi D,

I guess I could have injured my back 5 wks ago too but I'm not sure.  It all felt like knee and leg injury, so I'm really worried it's a circulation issue.

Yes, I've had pain under my ribs too which has included stitches in a regular basis.  Osteo said it was tension and being overweight.

I know how you feel about check ups, they put the fear of God into me too.  It's what they "might" find that's the scary part, but that is also the catastrophising.

Hugs,

JC

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

JC,

I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended, which is constructive and helpful, and don't find it too direct.

I've watched you for a very long time do exactly what I did for a very long time which is to look for any reason under the sun that you are having the strange, ongoing symptoms you are OTHER THAN withdrawal and the stress effects it has on your body.  When you couple that with health anxiety (another area of weakness we share) it is a recipe for a heightened sympathetic nervous response, additional cascades of cortisol, adrenaline and myriad other brain chemicals.  These all create a cacophony of symptoms that would make the average person certain of their pending demise, let alone what it does to those of us with health anxiety.  However, you have been to the doctor plenty -- perhaps more than plenty (again, I can say this because I am in the same boat as you) -- and thankfully there is nothing seriously wrong with you.  All of the "stuff" the naturopath finds is more of the "at the margins" kind of stuff -- none of it accounts for the majority of what is going on.  What is going on, in my considered opinion, is that your autonomic nervous system has been hammered as a result of withdrawal, your body is stressed beyond belief, you don't want to acknowledge it so you keep pushing yourself and restressing the body, and you wind up in mortal fear that something is wrong with you.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Spending your time in calmer endeavors, meditating and learning ways to slow your CNS down rather than speed it up might well be the ticket to slowing down what feels like the deterioration of your body (it's not really -- it just feels like it).  

I'm not saying anything new.  I know BrassMonkey has given the same general advice.  I'm just being more direct and in your face about it.

Again, take it with the care and concern it is being given.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

1 hour ago, apace41 said:

JC,

I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is intended, which is constructive and helpful, and don't find it too direct.

I've watched you for a very long time do exactly what I did for a very long time which is to look for any reason under the sun that you are having the strange, ongoing symptoms you are OTHER THAN withdrawal and the stress effects it has on your body.  When you couple that with health anxiety (another area of weakness we share) it is a recipe for a heightened sympathetic nervous response, additional cascades of cortisol, adrenaline and myriad other brain chemicals.  These all create a cacophony of symptoms that would make the average person certain of their pending demise, let alone what it does to those of us with health anxiety.  However, you have been to the doctor plenty -- perhaps more than plenty (again, I can say this because I am in the same boat as you) -- and thankfully there is nothing seriously wrong with you.  All of the "stuff" the naturopath finds is more of the "at the margins" kind of stuff -- none of it accounts for the majority of what is going on.  What is going on, in my considered opinion, is that your autonomic nervous system has been hammered as a result of withdrawal, your body is stressed beyond belief, you don't want to acknowledge it so you keep pushing yourself and restressing the body, and you wind up in mortal fear that something is wrong with you.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Spending your time in calmer endeavors, meditating and learning ways to slow your CNS down rather than speed it up might well be the ticket to slowing down what feels like the deterioration of your body (it's not really -- it just feels like it).  

I'm not saying anything new.  I know BrassMonkey has given the same general advice.  I'm just being more direct and in your face about it.

Again, take it with the care and concern it is being given.

Best,

Andy

Andy,

Thank you for your message, and no, I'm not taking anything you say the wrong way.

However, I lost my beloved father this year which has been a huge shock even though he was diagnosed 10 yrs ago.  With the grieving comes physical symptoms.

I was without a car for the best part of 6 months and went everywhere by bike or on foot.  Thankfully I now have a car, but, as people have reminded me; I had that nasty accident in May.  

Then, at the end of my second weight loss meeting, we played a short game of softball and I got injured.  That was really unlucky, and the guy taking it should have known better as none of us were in shape.  One guy nearly died of a heart attack.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said, but I have had some major things going on.

I love gardening, and gentle walks.  Agree that meditation will also help.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

7 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

that is also the catastrophising

Thanks for reminding me about this! Yes! Name it and it loses power!

It's funny that I can imagine so many things wrong at the same time. No one has that many things wrong at the same time! It's ridiculous! Why do I do that?

Anyway, thanks!

Dalalea

♥️

Dalalea's Introduction

JC sorry about the loss of your father.I too lost my father a few years back 4 months later i developed physical symptoms that turned into health anxiety because nobody could diagnose the symptoms.That kind of loss can plummet anyone whos unaware how things can manifest physically.Health anxiety mixed with withdrawals is very challenging.I noticed you did a candida diet.what caused the candida.cipro caused me to have a sestymic candida infection last year.months to get rid of it.i guess too much curiosity can work against us sometimes.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

GP confirmed sciatica.

He wants to review situation in a month.

Likely scans required if no improvement.

Major Life Events: