SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Esperanca: Diferences between WD, drugs and illness syntoms

Esperanca

Chessie Cat

I am so thankful to you to answer me that my signature is showing up in English. Thank you so much.

I had thought nobody  would answer me. But you did

I apreciate you are resisting 25 year and trying WD if I understood. (I dont know almost nothing English We have translator, but they are Literal translation.)

And i saw you had aches, pains, sweating,serotonin syndrome.head fog and more,

includes symptoms of confusion, forgetfulness, and lack of focus and mental clarity. How difficult and penous was all symmptoms, but you will be there, as you say " Are we there yet???  No, but getting there s l o w l y . . ."

I ask to God, Angels and Energies blessing you to go there and all us too.

In this link you and Dalsan gaves treasure to us(http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2390-dr-joseph-glenmullens-withdrawal-symptom-checklist )you, ChessieCat, has provided the resources i was finding for a long time . Now i see my WD more well structured and possible to do  with care and basis.

By the way the SA with Alto and so many others, are blessed to help us and i want to help

others too. I am so new here, because, after enter SA, i must to do 6 surgeries and i passed so many months in this tasks. I still not say to help, because i must first to

learn. I came from more than 30 years the first panic crisis and only last year i found

SA. This let me feel protect.

In this link we can enable our DIARY WD

They are marvelous:

1.PDF Monthly List of Dr Glenmullen's Symptoms to Print

2. PDF Monthly List BLANK to Print

3.Excel Spreadsheet Monthly format of Dr Glenmullen's Symptoms to use on the computer

I was so angustious because i aks to myself how i would classify and list syntoms to do

my DIARY and you gave me IT. Now i have them. This is a glory for me. Thank you so much and Drglenmullen and Dalsan, Alto, Karma, and so many people ,all collaborating to all of us, too

After the three topics above, you give us more topics to support our WD:

Related topics:

Rate symptoms daily to track patterns and progress

What symptoms should I expect while tapering?

Papers on diagnosis of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Guides to tapering off psychiatric medication

I hope you go there and i am shure.

Thank you so much.

Lets go in front of.

1.  1972 : Primeiro paniccrisis aguda de terror mental; Nenhum medicamento psicoativo por 14 anos.

2.  1986 : Anafranil (Clomipramine) 25 mg, 2 vezes ao dia (50 mg) e Valium (diazepam) 10mg (sem prescrição Doutor), 15/15 ou 20/20 dias sem regularidade.

3.  1996 : Percepção de confusão mental, leve tontura (ou desequilíbrio), medo de perder a cognição, diminuição da memória.

4.  2004  Tentativa de metade da dose, sem qualquer método knowhownorspecific.

5.  2012 : a retirada gradual, sem qualquer método específico nem control.Valium rígida e Anafranil por 6 meses. Eu estava feliz e normal. Após 6 meses, com alta tensão e com praticamente os mesmos sintomas: ataques menor de pânico, ansiedade, negativos e suicidethoughts, medo de executar tarefas profissionais, taquicardia, necessidades fisiológicas. Novo sintoma: agonia nas pernas nervespathand nenhum movimento nos membros inferiores.

6. 2012 : Reinício da Anafranil, 25 mg duas vezes por dia e Valium, 1 tabletwhen muito nervoso. Aliviada, mas com sintomas raros.

7. 2015  (julho) : me deparei com o SA, mas sem compreensão e começou a retirada: zumbido e outra noisessuch como faíscas como sons ofpeeled fios elétricos que tocam-se mais pânico crise quando vi minha mãe de 97 anos com alucinações Seroquel. Eu tinha mildpanic. Recuperação em dois meses, tomar remédios de homeopatia. Eu continuei tomando Anafranil, 25 mg uma vez por dia e 10 mg de Valium quando realmente necessário.

8. 2016 (Fevereiro) : Tomando remédios de homeopatia  Anafranil, 25mg  uma vez por dia e Valium, 5mg duas vezes por dia.

9. 2016 19 de maio : 12,5 mg duas vezes por dia ao acordar e ir para a cama, junto com Valium, 2,5 mg duas vezes por dia ao acordar e ir para a cama. 

10. 2016 Junho 20 th (ontem): crises de pânico leve, muito choro e medo de ter pânico 'autêntico', assim como há 30 anos. Tomei o Resgate Flor Bach chamado amigos, a cada 2 horas.Agora, Junho de 2016, eu estou me preparando para ir através da retirada seguindo o método que eu aprendi na SA.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Esperanca

• KarenB

• JanCarol

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Pls the zap colateral effects begun in these last days. I am worried and anxious because that. I had thought was a ear noise but, in reading here in SA about it, i see is an effect from brain, noite ear noise. What could i do ?. I am affraid . Now i have thinnitus and zap... Thank you for your attention

1.  1972 : Primeiro paniccrisis aguda de terror mental; Nenhum medicamento psicoativo por 14 anos.

2.  1986 : Anafranil (Clomipramine) 25 mg, 2 vezes ao dia (50 mg) e Valium (diazepam) 10mg (sem prescrição Doutor), 15/15 ou 20/20 dias sem regularidade.

3.  1996 : Percepção de confusão mental, leve tontura (ou desequilíbrio), medo de perder a cognição, diminuição da memória.

5.  2012 : a retirada gradual, sem qualquer método específico nem control.Valium rígida e Anafranil por 6 meses. Eu estava feliz e normal. Após 6 meses, com alta tensão e com praticamente os mesmos sintomas: ataques menor de pânico, ansiedade, negativos e suicidethoughts, medo de executar tarefas profissionais, taquicardia, necessidades fisiológicas. Novo sintoma: agonia nas pernas nervespathand nenhum movimento nos membros inferiores.

6. 2012 : Reinício da Anafranil, 25 mg duas vezes por dia e Valium, 1 tabletwhen muito nervoso. Aliviada, mas com sintomas raros.

7. 2015  (julho) : me deparei com o SA, mas sem compreensão e começou a retirada: zumbido e outra noisessuch como faíscas como sons ofpeeled fios elétricos que tocam-se mais pânico crise quando vi minha mãe de 97 anos com alucinações Seroquel. Eu tinha mildpanic. Recuperação em dois meses, tomar remédios de homeopatia. Eu continuei tomando Anafranil, 25 mg uma vez por dia e 10 mg de Valium quando realmente necessário.

8. 2016 (Fevereiro) : Tomando remédios de homeopatia  Anafranil, 25mg  uma vez por dia e Valium, 5mg duas vezes por dia.

9. 2016 19 de maio : 12,5 mg duas vezes por dia ao acordar e ir para a cama, junto com Valium, 2,5 mg duas vezes por dia ao acordar e ir para a cama. 

10. 2016 Junho 20 th (ontem): crises de pânico leve, muito choro e medo de ter pânico 'autêntico', assim como há 30 anos. Tomei o Resgate Flor Bach chamado amigos, a cada 2 horas.Agora, Junho de 2016, eu estou me preparando para ir através da retirada seguindo o método que eu aprendi na SA.

• Moderator Emeritus

Those things can't hurt you Esperanca.  They feel awful, but they can't hurt you.  Can you do soothing things?  Or things to distract you from them? 

I'm sorry it's so hard for you. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I know that i can't hurt me, but with you i feel better and i will learning much and much more. I am winning, day by day. I am so gratefull to you  Karen B. since i begun here you help me. Do you think zap and tinnitus will go away? I have so many things to ask to you, but i am affraid to ocupe you , that is Moderator, and over others. I know your time is gold.I received my balance precision and now i want to know how trasnsform tablets in powder. Only the link if you could. Thaaaaaaank you SO MUCH for evertything you are doing for me. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Esperanca,

The zaps and tinnitus will eventually go away.  It's a good idea to keep your drug doses at the same amount until your zaps and ears feel lots better.  Reducing your dose now could make you feel worse.

Useful information about crushing and measuring pills is here:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/  Not all pills can be crushed.  Easiest is to see if you can get your medication in a capsule with lots of little beads inside.  Then you can weigh the beads. 

Best wishes,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

I read almost all link you gave me but the two medicines i take are so old and they are not listed there. Tthey are Anafranil 25mg(Clomipramine) and the tablets Coated tablet roughly oval    More or less this image:Anafranil 25

I need to know if I can mince it or dilute it in water and let dry it to turn it into powder and weigh in the balance of precision. But SA inform they are extended release and are contraindicated because the extended-release mechanism is compromised. I dont know waht to do :wacko: .  

Valium10mg (i take 2.5 by morning and 2.5mg by night- I cut the tablet) is easier but maybe is contraindicated because the extended-release too and mechanism is compromised. I cutted but now i recieved my balance precision and i dont know how to do.Here we have not  beads in these two medicins. I dont know which one i begun first. I think is Valium (???) :unsure: 

I want to say you i am so happy because you say "the zaps and tinnitus will eventually go away". Once more i am happy because your words. Thank you so much :) I had read that clomipramine and diazepan  can do interations and other colateral effects (??)

Esperanca.  I'm a little unsure of your drug. It is an older tricyclic medication , and therefore I'm not sure of it's properties relating to liquids etc. I will check.

What time do you take Anafranil ?

How long have you been on Valium ?   This just helps to assess what the next step should be.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Dear Ali.

Thank  you for spend your time with me. I know my companions here worst than me and they need you too.

I take Anafranil 25 mg , 1 tablet at breakfast. The schedule is from 7 or 7:15 or 7: 30 , and depends on how much I work sleeping less or more . Valium 10 mg - I break it into 4 pieces and take 1/4, along with Anafranil in the morning cafe and 1/4 when I sleep . Also varies the schedule of how I work. For example : 10:30 PM or 23:00 PM and , sometimes 12:00PM I take Anafranil and Valium since 1986 , i mean , there are 30 years . I have almost 70yo.Eu got sick in 1973 , but only started taking remedies in 1986

I interrupted for a few months back and forth , back and forth , several times both Anafranil as Valium , mainly Valium , but always took 1 Valium 10mg whole and Anafranil 25 mg 2x day.

Since last year interrupted them more even more because i still did not know SA, traying to do WD " Find a place inside where there's joy , and the joy will burn out the pain".    - Joseph Campbell. Thank you for thesee beautiful words. I will ever remember that. Hugs for you. God Bless you

• Administrator

Hello, Esperanca.

It's very important to take the same drug in the same amount at the same time each day, and to keep notes on paper about your daily symptom pattern. This is the only way we can tell if you are having side effects from the drug or some other problem.

We need more information about your drug. Here is the U.S. FDA information about Anafranil http://www.drugs.com/pro/anafranil.htmlIt comes in a capsule. It is not time-release.

Do you have a tablet? Please look on the label and tell us exactly the name of your drug. Also, ask your pharmacist if it is a time-release form.

Are you taking any other drugs? Please put ALL the drugs you take in the Drug Interactions Checker http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hello Alto

I already saw DR. Glenmullen checklist symtoms and printed one, the other in desktop, and other in blank 

I am add other symtoms i feel in these checklist i saw here in SA, preparing me to WD diary

i READ AT Valium tablet , ONLY ROCHE AND on Anafranil 25 , nothing. I asked to a german pharmacist one to answer me about the time release. Unfortunately i 

cannot trust in pharmacist here where i live  and i am waiting for his anwer, FROM gERMAN

i READ:http://www.drugs.com.../anafranil.htm BUT i had read the millions colateral effects and i have so much of them, including GLAUCOMA, cistities, gastrite, now controled. And i see serious effects including ideation suicide. 

I take Nebilet, beta bloker and i am waiting to do wd from psicoativos and after i will do the same with beta blokers, that treats my hipertention. The Interactions Effectst i had included other drugs interacting with Anafranil and Valium and between many others. Oh, now i put three others in my eyes: Alphagan,  and Systrane. They have effects in my brain and other aspects , interacting with other drugs i take each other.Bellow i put what you asked me:

Interactions between my selected drugs
Moderate diazepam  clomipramine

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), Anafranil (clomipramine)

Using diazepam together with clomiPRAMINE may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Switch to professional interaction data

Moderate diazepam  brimonidine

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), brimonidine ophthalmic

After using brimonidine ophthalmic, some of the medication may be absorbed into the bloodstream and occasionally produce central nervous system side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Combining it with diazepam or other medications that can also have these effects may increase the risk. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid activities requiring mental alertness such as driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. Talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate clomipramine  brimonidine

Applies to: Anafranil (clomipramine), brimonidine ophthalmic

After using brimonidine ophthalmic, some of the medication may be absorbed into the bloodstream and occasionally produce central nervous system and cardiovascular side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty concentrating, and decreases in blood pressure and heart rate. Combining it with clomiPRAMINE or other medications that can also have these effects may increase the risk. Side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Also avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate nicardipine  brimonidine

Applies to: nicardipine, brimonidine ophthalmic

After using brimonidine ophthalmic, some of the medication may be absorbed into the bloodstream and occasionally produce cardiovascular side effects such as decreases in blood pressure and heart rate. Combining it with niCARdipine or other medications that can also have these effects may increase the risk. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart beat. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate nicardipine  nebivolol

Applies to: nicardipine, nebivolol

Nebivolol and niCARdipine may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure and heart rate. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart beat. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate brimonidine  nebivolol

Applies to: brimonidine ophthalmic, nebivolol

After using brimonidine ophthalmic, some of the medication may be absorbed into the bloodstream and occasionally produce cardiovascular side effects such as decreases in blood pressure and heart rate. Combining it with nebivolol or other medications that can also have these effects may increase the risk. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart beat. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. You may need a dose adjustment or more frequent monitoring by your doctor to safely use both medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate diazepam  nebivolol

Applies to: Valium (diazepam), nebivolol

Nebivolol and diazepam may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

Moderate clomipramine  nebivolol

Applies to: Anafranil (clomipramine), nebivolol

Nebivolol and clomiPRAMINE may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate. These side effects are most likely to be seen at the beginning of treatment, following a dose increase, or when treatment is restarted after an interruption. Let your doctor know if you develop these symptoms and they do not go away after a few days or they become troublesome. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you, and use caution when getting up from a sitting or lying position. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

No other interactions were found between your selected drugs.
Note: this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with  

I am worry too how to transform pills, tables, capsules, in propers quantity (less-10%)etcc to do WD and know which one i must begin between Anafranil and Valium or other one from other drugs i referred here. I am preparing me there are so many time, reading, resuming, report diary of symptoms, bought balance precision and etc...

I am so thankful for hear me and helping me.

I am waiting the answer from pharmacist. If someone have other one i am gratefull too.

• Administrator

Is your Anafranil a tablet or capsule with powder inside?

If Anafranil makes glaucoma worse, and you have glaucoma, it is a very poor choice of drug for you.

Why are you taking diazepam and a beta blocker?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hello Alto
1. I think is not 
Anafranil a tablet or capsule with powder inside. I take 25mg and i think it is  not a tablet or capsule , because here where I live , Brazil , the names have different meanings. I would like to send you a picture , but do not know how . It is round and convex on one side and the other has a very tiny powder inside but is waxed out. It is all compact , I do not know how you guys call in the USA . It is not capsule with bread, that you can open . I had the curiosity to divide it and it is pressed and shatters all when you want to divide it . Has pressed powder layer and has a pressed coating on the outside , smooth and does not open . You need to break it all.

2.As for glaucoma, I operated on last year. It was closed angle glaucoma and is now open angle . I believe I had glaucoma because of Anafranil for 29 years and still taking because I can not take it all at once as you teached me . I am preparing me for withdrawl.

3.I take beta blocker because my acelerate heart since 30 years ago and hipertention

I hope :blush:  i had answered your precious questions.

Thank you so much, Alto

Beta block is terrible in colateral effects too

• Administrator

Esperanca, that is a good description of a pressed powder tablet.

You need to find out exactly what it is. Can the pharmacist tell you the manufacturer? I think you have a generic version of Anafranil, that would be clomipramine.

Alto (if you say how i could send you a photo, i take a packing and tablet anafranil photo and  i will send to you in zoom)

1.Anafranil 25 mg is not a generic and really is active ingredient Clomipramine Hydrochloride but from Ciba-Geigy, today Novartis Lab, It  is not generic

See, pls the link : http://www.drugs.com/monograph/anafranil.html

2.Here in the next link you see exactely the packing I buy there are 30 years (the first IMAGE one Anafranil 25mg at left, superior: http://www.medicine-online.org/index.php?id_product=890&controller=product&id_lang=1 )

3.In this same link see bellow and you see again other Anafranil image, with text where they say:

"ANAFRANIL coated tablets 10 mg x 30 , 25 x 30 mg and you saw "NOVARTIS LAB". Some other COUNTRIES we see GEIGY and other countries CIBA-GEIGY and you see, too, how they call the tablet:coated tablets.

ANAFRANIL contains a drug called clomipramine hydrochloride. Available in the following forms :
coated tablets of 10 mg;
coated tablets of 25 mg;
ANAFRANIL contains the following excipients: glycerol, lactose , magnesium stearate , corn starch , stearic acid , hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, vinylpyrrolidone / vinylacetate copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose , titanium dioxide , yellow iron oxide , macrogol 8000, polyvidone , sucrose, talc . The coated tablet of 10 mg also contain gelatin and the coated tablets of 25 mg - silica ."

4.THE TABLETS HAVE AN OUTSIDE LAYER , SO HARD . WHAT IN NOT GOTTA OPEN ONLY IF SMASH THEM . THEY ARE COMPACT

Pls see the link

( https://www.google.com.br/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.istockimg.com%2Ffile_thumbview_approve%2F67188879%2F6%2Fstock-illustration-67188879-set-of-different-pills-and-capsules-pharmacy.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.istockphoto.com%2Fillustrations%2Fpill&docid=CgXuv4fpXNE-gM&tbnid=G-bT4wukZ5alNM%3A&w=556&h=456&bih=667&biw=1360&ved=0ahUKEwilyrvft8nMAhVLl5AKHbOpDPc4yAEQMwgSKA8wDw&iact=mrc&uact=8)

and you see the bigger image , left on the page, with several kinds of shape. The  yellow, orange and blue ones round shape. These are the kind of tablet i take

My problem is: HOW COULD I DIVIDE anafranil Tablet TO DO MY WD?

The Diazepan has the long half-life

Anafranil - Clomipramine administered orally is eliminated from plasma with a mean half -life of 21 h ( From 13 to 36 h )

Pls, Alto. See if you are satisfied with what i wrote about your doubts about Anafranil tablet and a time of hal-life of diazepan and clomipramine

drugs. If not, ok, I will find another way that facilitates you . I will do with all my pleasure until you are write what you need to help me.

Hugs

Glaucia

The  Some clinicians prefer diazepam, because of its long half - life and the possibility of

THE TABLETS HAVE AN OUTSIDE LAYER , DURA . WHAT IN NOT GOTTA OPEN ONLY IF SMASH THEM . THEY ARE COMPACT

Alto.

Correcting the word "write" by "right" in the phrase :"I will do with all my pleasure until you are write what you need to help me."

Apologize me

• Administrator

Thank you for the information, Esperanca.

Does your package of Anafranil have a paper inside with lots of small type on it? Please ask your pharmacist to read this and tell you if the tablets are extended-release.

Yes my package of Anafranil have a paper inside. We call "bula" (i think you say leaflet) but it doenst have nothing about half-life, unfortunately

In other books a saw

- Elimination
Clomipramine is eliminated from plasma withaverage half- life" of 21 hours ( 12 to 36 hr ) 
Diazepan is long half-life

But i will ask to pharmacist. 

Thank you so much :)

Esperanca.   Did  you manage to find out any more information about your medication , from the pharmacist ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I wrote to him, he answered me but told me to go to Pharmacist. I thought  he was but he told to go with Pharm.,rrsrsrsrrs. ???

• Moderator Emeritus

Esperanca, we can look up the half life of any drug, that is published information.

What we are looking for - is: does your package or blister say the words SR next to the drug name.

If the picture you showed us:  http://www.medicine-online.org/index.php?id_product=890&controller=product&id_lang=1

is accurate, I do not see the letters "SR" on the package.  These letters mean sustained release.

However, since Anafranil has such a long half-life, I think you are safe to crush and make liquid from it even if it is SR.

Start by taking 1/2 tablet in morning, and 1/2 tablet in evening.  Do this for a few weeks, then we can start tapering your morning dose.

This first move is not a taper at all, but is to get you ready for 2x a day, getting used to it.

You used to take it twice a day, so all you are doing is splitting a pill and taking half in the morning and half at night.

Let's see how that feels before we start your taper?

Can you get a pill splitter?  They will cut in half - usually.  If you split a pill, and it is uneven, take the smaller half in the morning, because that is what we will taper first, anyway.

If the pill is too difficult to split in half, then you must crush it, and take it in liquid - half in morning, and half at night.

Does this make sense?  Do you understand why I am suggesting this?  If Anafranil has a half life of under 24 hours, it is good to keep the doses even.  Splitting the dose will give you 24 hour coverage, but we need to see if you have symptoms from splitting the dose.

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Dear JanCarol.

How you made me and do well. I was anxious receive an answer and you allowed me to be grateful and happy that answer. Maybe other people can not, I understand. You have many other people need more than I.But God has given me your answer.

I think I understand what you said but before continuing, for a question of order, since I take Valium Diazepam and Anafranil Clomipramine, I think I should start first with Diazepam Valium, do you agree? If so, I believe that my meager knowledge of weaning tell me that Valium I Can!

crushes it and measure my balance of precision, is not it?

So I hope your answer on weaning of Valium. Tomo 1/4(2.5mg) 10mg tablet in the morning and 1/4 10mg tablet the night before bedtime. Sometimes I cut the pill in half 2 and leaves a bigger piece and another less and usually take the lowest night because day i need  more Valium than to sleep, because I have not insomnia, thank God. But the best would be to take the lowest of the day and most of night, is not it?

Well. Speaking of Anafranil 25 mg I take, is not SR. The Anafranil package or blister i use does not say the words SR next to the drug name. Keep calm :) !!

I will start by taking 1/2 tablet in morning, and 1/2 tablet in the eveningand this for a few weeks as you say, and will preparing me to start taking 2 times a day.

After weeks, I will begin the taper decreasing the part of the morning.

So I do not I'll need to do with Anafranil a withdrawal of 10/10%, because the half-time long, right? Also I do not will need to take it in liquid because it is not SR. I cut it in half. This oversimplified my understanding and my fear of doing wrong. I do not know why no one told me about Anafranil. Glad you told me very well.

Now I look forward eagerly to can tell me if it's really the first 1

Valium withdrawal should I do 2.After Anafranil or can be both together.

Or the first Anafranil and then Valium.

I have prepared myself very collecting sheets of medicamamentos I take as psa and others, based on Glenmullen; of food I like all day, the liquid that take, and all the details: amount, dose, schedule, etc ... etc ... Any suggestion that you can give me to adiciionar something or take something, thank you. I accept.

I still have to leave the beta blocker for my hypertension, but that we talk later. Ja I held you enough.

Until the next, which I hope is soon to continue seeing the sunlight.

Oh, my dear friend. I can see the sunlight. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Esperanca for providing more information - "Anafranil 25 mg I take, is not SR"

This is what we needed to know.

Please go ahead and follow the good suggestions JanCarol gave you here:

Start by taking 1/2 tablet in morning, and 1/2 tablet in evening.  Do this for a few weeks, then we can start tapering your morning dose.

This first move is not a taper at all, but is to get you ready for 2x a day, getting used to it.

You used to take it twice a day, so all you are doing is splitting a pill and taking half in the morning and half at night.

Let's see how that feels before we start your taper?

Can you get a pill splitter?  They will cut in half - usually.  If you split a pill, and it is uneven, take the smaller half in the morning, because that is what we will taper first, anyway.

If the pill is too difficult to split in half, then you must crush it, and take it in liquid - half in morning, and half at night.

Does this make sense?  Do you understand why I am suggesting this?  If Anafranil has a half life of under 24 hours, it is good to keep the doses even.  Splitting the dose will give you 24 hour coverage, but we need to see if you have symptoms from splitting the dose.

I think I understand what you said but before continuing, for a question of order, since I take Valium Diazepam and Anafranil Clomipramine, I think I should start first with Diazepam Valium, do you agree?

Its probably best if you start with the Anafranil and leave the Valium for next. Anafranil seems to be causing the most problems. We usually recommend leaving the benzo (Valium) for last.

Please let us know if you understand this.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Hola Esperanza!

Thank you for your reply!

You asked:

Now I look forward eagerly to can tell me if it's really the first 1

Valium withdrawal should I do 2.After Anafranil or can be both together.
Or the first Anafranil and then Valium.

I agree with Petunia, that the Anafranil is more problematic.

Please taper ONLY ONE drug at a time, keeping it simple helps you understand (and me, too!) what is happening better.

Please consider splitting ANAFRANIL into 2 doses, morning and night.

Try that for a couple of weeks and let us know if that is okay.  While you are doing that, you can learn about making liquid from powder:

How to Make a Liquid from Tablets or Capsule

Maybe in the second week, you can practice taking your morning dose (same dose!) from liquid, to get good at making liquid, and see if liquid causes a reaction.

Gentle changes, gradually, you will get healthier.

I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Hello good companion. Surprise good to see another person helping me. Already started since yesterday to give 12.5 mg of Anafranil in the morning and 12.5 to lie down. I have had many nightmares, strong, but that did not prevent me to follow what is and what should be followed. I have a cutter pills I bought on Amazon.com.
A one side had nightmare, but it seems a little quiet. It is little time to evaluate, but I will say what I feel and think. Also had located aftershocks of tremor in the eyelid and other regions, but everything under control.

Read further on how to make liquid, if necessary, the tablets, for links that sent me or was high that sent me, I saw videos, I talked to my older sister is so friendly heart. She is in a place of my parents and I'm somewhere else, but we understand well and she's helping me very mesmo.Ela is a pearl.

Also wanted their favor to help me understand what I was reading about wd meaning: 1. "medicine without release time, they say that this is easier, reduce the medication as close as possible 5%";
2. "Sometimes the time of release of medications is also offered in a form of without release time e is better to go for the release form without time.Migre time for the release form without medication of time if possible."

3. It is best to start with 10% every 4 or 8 weeks, or it is better to start with 5% every 2 or 4 weeks?

Yes i will try liquid  to see if liquid causes a reaction, JanCarol.

JanCarol.

I am trying to learn how to use quote, but i think i was wrong, rsrsr.

Yes i will try liquid  to see if liquid causes a reaction, JanCarol, next week

I already am doing Anfranil l 1/2 tablet of 25 mg when wakup and bed nigth, as you told me .

"I see the sun today"

• Administrator
It is best to start with 10% every 4 or 8 weeks, or it is better to start with 5% every 2 or 4 weeks?

You can do either, Esperanca, but let's see how you do with this recent change before any more changes.

Ok, right Alto.

Thank you so much for your ever look for me.

God bless you and your life.

Pls, i say i have "zap" but not v ery well and i would like to know exactely the meaning. Could someone give me this explanation?Thanks

Esperanca.  Are you having head/ brain  zaps ?   That is a common withdrawal symptom.  When do you experience them ?  This is a standard  occurrence. Please , try not to worry. There are a lot of wacky symptoms in withdrawal .

Have a read of this link . There are many symptoms, that gradually recede with time.

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Ali

Ok Alig.

I was already in it Glenmullen list but do not have it; my interest was onlyh know exactly what it is because I feel like an electrical wire touching the other, like a spark or a spark, but nothing more only that, without following any head movement. I read somewhere that is like a "tic" nervous and the head moves too. In my case is not only a noise in the ear, but it is not tinnitus is a spark, a spark, a power noise in the electric wire. Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

1.Once I modified the way to take the same dose of Anafranil 25mg instead of once a day, dividing it into two halves: one half wake up and the other half to night bedtime,  had some zaps more and felt that the symptoms of depression that never felt began to come from  little, little bit, but it seems that are going away. I'm feeling good with divided dose twice.
Perhaps the mixture of Valium and Anafranil, who had never done, has given me this depression of impression that, in my case, the atack of panic, did not attack me all his life, except in the first year of crisis in 1972 . I started the division of the same dose of 25mg on two12.5mg on May 19, not mistaken.

2.Another thing I would like to know is if you have someone who can provide me or indicate a spreadsheet with a rating or score or through scale names and not numbers. Dr Glenmullen to provide in numbers. I wonder if there is someone to show me a spreadsheet with names through scores.

Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know of a spreadsheet, but in the past I made my own scale to rate symptoms using these words:

Awful, bad, okay, good, great.

8 month hold.

• Moderator Emeritus

Esperanca, Here's the topic that has Dr. Glenmullen's symptom checklist as a PDF to print for each day, and Excel spreadsheets (monthly): Dr. Glenmullen’s withdrawal symptom list

1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Scallywag- so thanks for you to give one way to go . You gave me attention and i am so gratefull to you. 

Have better days in your wd. I saw the supplements you are taking and i will copy for me too. Could you pls. tell 

the place or site you bought its? Once more thnak you so much. Hugs to you and i pray for your  apathty and letargy will be better and better.

KarenB . You have one way for me , or you have one word for me  and this let me glad. Thank you for your  way , the words Awful, bad, okay, good, great

I will o use its in my scores. Thank you so much;

Your words in your site "I am healing from Soul-Pain." and "I’ve created this blog because I want to share experiences of healing with others who are also healing.  I’ve come to believe that finding the grit, desire, energy and motivation to keep healing is beyond the resources of any one person.  We who are healing need connection, relationship, empathy, and people who can hold the hope for us during the times it’s simply beyond us" touch everytime i read them. 

"This  goodness-pain connection is one I need to look at more". 

I agree with you, i i understood well, BECAUSE  we grow with the pain, and i believe we can healing