Ashley: withdrawal not stopping after reinstating Paxil

Ashley

Didnt mean anything wrong..

2011~ lexapro 40-60 mg (mom,why didn't you stop me I was 15..)

2013~ prozac 40mg ,seroquel 25mg (here we go poop-out and merry-go-round!

2014~ paxil 40mg, seroquel 100mg (thanks psych ward for the benzo trial and WD too)

2015~ (worst year of my life):

- basically CT'd from paxil (40 to 20mg in one day,then 10 then 0 in one month total)

and seroquel (cold turkey) in May, horrible withdrawals with every decrease. I said " well Imma ride this out", yeah right.. Two weeks off I couldn't take it anymore.

- Drs. Lab rat( they tried prozac,lexapro,also for a few days cymbalta,venlafaxine,and for anxiety olanzapine and different doses seroquel)

- started wellbutrin (which "cured" my by then 1/2 year withdrawal in a few days,what?)

2016~zoloft 100mg,wellbutrin 300mg,seroquel 50mg

I hope to be med-free one day,I started at such a young age so, Who am I? No idea. :)

• Moderator Emeritus

It's all good Romania - it just needed pointing out, is all - we mention it to anyone when it comes up, so don't worry.  You've been doing great on here.

Kind regards,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Thank you KarenB, Altostrata, and romina95 for your comments. I really appreciate the support :)

-Prescribed 20mg Paxil for anxiety in spring of 2014

-In 2015, began to taper off over a period of many months. Successfully reduced dose down to 10mg.

-Reduced dose from 10mg to 7.5mg and then 5 mg within two week period in August of 2015. Experienced severe withdrawal.

-Reinstated dose of 20mg August 2015.

-Began tapering again in September/October 2015. Reduced dose quickly by 2.5mg every week. Crashed with withdrawal after hitting 7.5mg.

-Reinstated 10mg one week later, then 15mg one week later, then 20mg two weeks later.

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody.  I haven’t posted on here in forever because after my last bad experience with tapering I decided to put it off until I was stronger.  

Ive just experienced a terrible episode starting a few days ago when I started having a dull constant headache, heart racing, and energy crash.  I’m also experiencing terrible anxiety now that’s unbearable. 

I just realized that I’ve been forgetting to take my 20mg if Paxil a few times over the last little while.  I think I’ve forgotten maybe one dose a week over the last month/5 weeks or so.  Could this be the culprit?  

If if so how long will this last?  Can I do anything to make it go away faster?  Please help

ashley

-In 2015, began to taper off over a period of many months. Successfully reduced dose down to 10mg.

-Reduced dose from 10mg to 7.5mg and then 5 mg within two week period in August of 2015. Experienced severe withdrawal.

-Began tapering again in September/October 2015. Reduced dose quickly by 2.5mg every week. Crashed with withdrawal after hitting 7.5mg.

-Reinstated 10mg one week later, then 15mg one week later, then 20mg two weeks later.

By the way, I am not attempting tapering right now.  Been at 20mg for many months.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ashley: withdrawal not stopping after reinstating Paxil
  • Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Ashley said:

I’ve been forgetting to take my 20mg if Paxil a few times over the last little while.  I think I’ve forgotten maybe one dose a week over the last month/5 weeks or so.  Could this be the culprit?  

This can definitely cause problems.  The brain likes consistency.  You might feel some discomfort for a little while but things should gradually improve.  It is important to take your dose at about the same time every day.

It's important not to panic, keep as calm and stress free as possible and to learn and use Non-drug techniques to get through the discomfort.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you so very, very much ChessieCat for your response.  I really do appreciate it so much.  I will definitely heed your recommendations.