Destroyed: destroyed by olanzapine

Destroyed

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Destroyed,

I joined the new topic you started with your original thread here. Its one intro/update topic per member. Please add information and updates about your changing circumstances, and ask questions here, bookmark or follow your thread it so you can find it again.

Its good that you are motivated to get better, that's a great start and the first step in actually getting better. Lack of motivation is common, it goes away in time like all the symptoms. I've got it too. The way I handle it is to force myself to do what I have to do, gently encourage myself to do the things I want to do and ignore the rest. As time goes by, its getting easier.

You may find some other ideas here:  Anhedonia, apathy, demotivation - Surviving Antidepressants

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Destroyed

• Petunia

• kup0

• apace41

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still in hospital, I am.  I have lost my children home and business.

May 2012 Olanzapine and other anti depressants. Don't know what they were.  Sertraline, Flupentixol, Sodium Valporate, Depixol, Lithium, Piportal, Mirtazapine, Lamotrogine, Venlafaxine, Respirodol ECT x 7. Don't know the dates of any of these medications because I can't remember and I have no idea of the doses either. Am no longer on any meds. Take Cod liver oil, Omega 3, B1, Sepia. Still in rehab under section 3 in the UK.   I have access to my phone and the house phone and email.

Symptoms 110bpm, memory loss, severe anhedonia, no motivation, poor sleep, loss of hobbies and interests including music.  Things that have come back are appetite and feeling the cold and my muscles.

Nothings gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them - Years and Years 2015

First time in 2 years I am going home to stay overnight at my Mums house. no green light in my room keeping me awake at night.  My tummy is happy because I am hungry :wub: and I can make my sons a spaghetti bolognaise

May 2012 Olanzapine and other anti depressants. Don't know what they were.  Sertraline, Flupentixol, Sodium Valporate, Depixol, Lithium, Piportal, Mirtazapine, Lamotrogine, Venlafaxine, Respirodol ECT x 7. Don't know the dates of any of these medications because I can't remember and I have no idea of the doses either. Am no longer on any meds. Take Cod liver oil, Omega 3, B1, Sepia. Still in rehab under section 3 in the UK.   I have access to my phone and the house phone and email.

Symptoms 110bpm, memory loss, severe anhedonia, no motivation, poor sleep, loss of hobbies and interests including music.  Things that have come back are appetite and feeling the cold and my muscles.

Nothings gonna hurt me with my eyes shut, I can see through them, I can see through them - Years and Years 2015

• Moderator Emeritus

Great news, Destroyed!

Should be great for you.

I merged this into your intro topic since we have a one topic per member on the Intro thread rule.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

hi everyone

i did a week of groups and i am staying overnight at my mums and cooking my kids a meal.  most of all i am hoping to sleep well here.  the rehab i am in has banned me from using this site while i am there so they have cut off my support network, great huh. bastards.

Wow that is so disgraceful criminal that they took away online support.

I am so sorry to hear about that. In acute wdl it was my only source of hope at times and to imagine not having access to it (or to be banned from it as some were at prior place ) would have been devastating.

Destroyed just a gentle reminder in the intro section its only one thread per member.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Sam,

as nz said, we have one thread per member policy so I merged your new thread with the original one.

I'm very impressed with all the progress you have made since joining us, even supporting others. It's really horrible that they are keeping you away from the site. But I believe this will only motivate you to continue improving so that you can leave from there. 

I hope your weekend goes well. Just stay positive. Every little improvement is an important victory. Together we can beat this.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

And I forgot to add: now you can ask for your name here to be changed into something that will reflect your strength in beating this :) I think the way to do it is just send a pm to Alto.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

And I forgot to add: now you can ask for your name here to be changed into something that will reflect your strength in beating this :) I think the way to do it is just send a pm to Alto.

Fantastic idea, Bubble!

How about we go to "Destroying Olazapine"?

Shows a real change in perspective which seems to mirror your change since coming on.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

But I believe this will only motivate you to continue improving so that you can leave from there. 

Exactly.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Going home for Xmas ???? been banned from using this site by the rehab. Started hot yoga physically am much improved but still no emotions memories are gradually coming. Sleep is slightly better. Tribunal on the 19th.

• Mentor

?Wow destroyed, only a month or so and what progress you have made.    Well done!   Gosh I was a blithering mess for months!  12 months is now over, for me, and yes, believe everyone when they say things do improve.

12 months ago?  For me, major hair loss, withdrawal flu, mornings vomiting, horrific diahorrea,  hot and cold flushes,   the worst for me was ruminations, guilt, and of course, chronic fatigue, more than fatigue, just inability to motivate.   

For me, I could not force myself to do things, now I am feeling so much better, finally I can cook, and clean, most days.

My youngest is 18, he kept me going when that evil black cloud enveloped me,  he wanted me to live, even though I did not feel worthy to live.  Those thoughts are long gone now....   

time to change your name.....   destroyer?   never destroyed, you are a fighter.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

• Mentor

Oh, I also had no appetite, I never worried about it, as long as I ate something every second day. If you can eat well, of course, do so.   But dont stress if you have no appetite, unless severely underweight.  Me I still got about 10 kilos of Antidepressant induced fat to shed, so not a problem having no appetite for me  :)

Have a wonderful christmas with your family.................

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Thanks ang. I still have a long way to go. Today I have set up Facebook cos I think it could help. I do have an appetite now for the last 3 weeks. I can now feel my muscles and sweat now too so physically I am almost there but mentally everything has all gone. God knows if any of it will come back.

4 hours sleep dream of being on the x factor wtf had enough of little sleep and feeling no better

My eyes have started streaming has anyone else had this in their recovery and what does it mean I don't have a cold.

*note, topic moved from symptoms forum because it evolved into a discussion about member's specific situation rather than the particular topic. Please use your own intro/update topic to discuss your own situation and ask questions.

Can anyone relate to this, did your emotions or memories ever come back, I can't stand this anymore I've tried everything and nothing helps, I can't enjoy being with my children please help me some one I cannot go on

Edited by Petunia
added note

for memory the best are the phospholipids, particularly phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylcolina, anhedonia is because you have no frontal lobe, I too passed, neuroleptics destroy the frontal lobe creating apathy, but this is corrected over time and motivation returns. Best to recover the frontal lobe is the omega 3-6 NKO is very important to be NKO, as this has phospholipids and astaxantina, I have taken 4-5 months ago and motivation is driving me. If you are really bad you can try mucuna puriens, at most 3 times a week, leaving a day room for the brain does not get used, it contains synthetic dopamine, which is the basis of motivation and movement.

Become an analysis of all amino acids and rebalance, you have an excess of tryptophan, and low taurine and phospholipids.

PS: mucuna puriens can create psychosis if you are very sensitive, be careful with the dosage.
I run my me, but I have not psychosis, but would not recommend to anyone with real psychosis. take very small doses, 50-100mg. if and only if it is really too bad this has a lot of motivation or extrapyramidal symptoms.

This is what I think at least from what I've studied videos of Javier Aizpiri.

sorry my english, original text:

para la memoria lo mejor son los fosfolipidos, en concreto fosfatidilserina y fosfaditilcolina, la anhedonia es debido a que ya no tienes lobulo frontal, a mi tambien me pasa, los neurolepticos destruyen el lobulo frontal creando apatia, pero esto se corrige con el tiempo y la motivación vuelve. Lo mejor para recuperar el lobulo frontal es el omega 3-6 NKO, es muy importante que sea NKO, ya que este tiene fosfolipidos y astaxantina, yo lo he tomado hace 4-5 meses y la motivacion me esta volviendo. Si estas muy mal puedes probar mucuna puriens, como mucho 3 veces a la semana, dejando un dia de espacio para que el cerebro no se acostumbre, esto contiene dopamina sintetica, que es la base de la motivación y el movimiento.

Hazte un analisis de todos los aminoacidos y re-equilibrar, debes tener un exceso de triptofano, y baja la taurina y fosfolipidos.

olanzapine, abilify, akineton, 2,5 years ON, 9months OFF. 

recovering good.

thank you i shall order some asap.  i just cant believe those pills have caused me to have 0 quality of life

• Moderator Emeritus

Have you seen this thread?  Anhedonia, apathy, demotivation, emotional numbness

I'll merge these topics so all the discussions stays in one place and is easier for people to find. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

DO NOT TAKE mucuna puriens if you are currently taking ssris, snris, or maois as it can cause severe adverse reactions. 

Taking it to help with recovery after quitting ALL psychotropic drugs is not recommended because it acts on the same receptors that you are in the process of repairing.

As for the phospholipids, phosphatidylserine and phosphatidylcolina, they are of no documented use in recovery from ADWD or in "rebuilding the brain".  They have very little experimental validation to be of any use for anything other than general health.

The one study that "showed that neuroleptics destroy the frontal lobe" was discredited years ago.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

if you are taking any psychiatric drug, do not take mucuna puriens, very dangerous, but I worked my eight months after leaving all medication. Always consult your doctor.

all neuroleptics damaged dopaminergic receptors, which are found mainly in frontal lobe and basal ganglia (substantia nigra, or why you think appear movement disorders?), frontal lobe shuts down, this has been shown with PETs (Positron Emission Tomography) if you want to try it, tell your doctor to PET and watch as your frontal lobe and the whole brain works.

PET on diverse drugs: https://youtu.be/l2bUSbqhU-M?t=1m53s

There are many studies on Phosphatidylserine it helps memory and cognition, helps prevent Alzheimer's and dementia.

search for "phosphatidylserine memory", and see the amount of investigation.

but you do not believe me, I'm not a doctor, ask your doctor, or take charge of your life, you investigate and decide. It will certainly be healed, and it will improve, try to be optimistic, this is solvable. Take care and remove all toxic, including nicotine, coffee, etc .. psychoactive stimulant not take anything, and that includes mucuna puriens. See improvement and is quieter.

recovering good.

I'm on no drugs at all. My body is recovering well but the lack of emotions and memory is killing me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Destroyed, I'm sorry you are still having memory and emotion problems. I understand how difficult it is, I've been going through the same thing as I've been recovering, I'm also no longer on any drugs and having to be patient as I recover.  Like you, I feel like there are huge chunks of my memory missing, from when I was medicated and since I've been recovering, but very slowly memories are coming back. Its difficult to know how accurate they are, but when something does come back, it makes me feel like I'm starting to make connections again.

I also lost most of my emotional feelings towards my daughter and family. I knew I still loved them and cared about them, but I couldn't feel it and had to function from how I remembered I used to be, but it was very hard, it still is at times, but like with memory, these emotional feelings are slowly coming back.

Recovery can take quite a long time for some people and our full range of emotions are one of the last things to come back online. You are going to recover, and the best way to do this is to accept your symptoms, be patient and do the best you can to take care of yourself with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Throwing unpredictable herbs and supplements at your nervous system will just make you worse and slow your recovery.

kup0, please don't recommend other members take substances which may harm them, people can get hurt if they listen to your advice. You may discuss your own experiences in your own thread or in the relevant topic, but you are not a doctor and not qualified to know what would help anyone else, we are all different and many of us have been made worse by trying supplements and herbs which others have recommended.

A nervous system sensitized by withdrawal functions in unpredictable ways. Herbs and supplements which can sometimes be helpful in a healthy nervous system can sometimes cause paradoxical effects if someone is in withdrawal.

If you do decide to try a herb or supplement, start with a fraction of the recommended dose to see how it will effect you.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

He has petunia reason. It was foolish on my part, all I can say is that amino acid analysis is done to see if you have any deficiency or excess, this causing the failure memory.

Recommendations that do not need drugs or supplements are:

for anhedonia:

Try finding motivating things can remaining few things, but try to go looking, music, any activity should be something that makes you feel something, look it up and try to do everything I can to stimulate the brain.

for memory:

Make puzzle games, brain training, cognifit.com try eg think 10 animals that start with the word C, etc .. relate socially, and physically active.

recovering good.

Am doing all of these things. Thank you petunia and kupo.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Destroyed,

It can feel so very disheartening when you are doing everything you can think of, but still finding no relief.  I'm sorry you're in that place.  From what I've read on this site from people who are further down the track, things do improve.  The fact that you've had some improvements such as appetite is encouraging.  You will continue to heal.  Be gentle with yourself - you are a precious person. 

Hugs,

Karen

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

Sorry my bad English.

But if it does not improve much I insist that amino acid analysis is made, as amino acids are the building blocks the body uses to build.

If you are doing all that and no improvement is a sign to look more food, and see what is wrong, and that the analysis should be done, because the eye is very difficult to see, even for an expert.

So I understand. If I get to do much physical exercise to get strong, but not as protein and eat a poor diet, the body that will do is destroy the muscle and fat to get the energy spent in physical exercise, and instead gain muscle you will lose and will be counterproductive.

It is very important to make sure you have all the correct balance to start doing mental exercises amino acids, because if will not only heat but the brain become stressed and more.

When taking the drug changes the brain to function with the drug, when removed, the brain has to re-adapt, and for that you need the amino acids starts to consume to re-adapt more intensely so exhausted faster, and shortages and excesses of others appear.

recovering good.

• Moderator Emeritus

Amino acids are discussed at this link:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2637-amino-acids/

And in particular from Alto:  Withdrawal is an entirely different animal from plain ol' depression. Remedies that are supposed to treat depression, including amino acids, often backfire in people whose nervous systems are sensitized by withdrawal.

Kup0 we recognise that you are trying to help - your heart is in the right place - but we need to stick to what has been learned here by large numbers of people.  Otherwise people could get hurt.   

8 month hold.

Human beings are not so different from an animal, like the drugs tested in rats and monkeys is something because we are very similar.

Of course after taking the drug, many amino acids are very high, if you take these amino acids is going to get much worse.

You need to know exactly which amino acids are missing, and being with a control diet a few weeks / months, and recovery will appear.

I doi realize this now, my recovery has been very fast compared to many here, I've had a very good diet, and am worried about taking things that I need, I look at the past and realize that here is the key. And this is supported by several experts neurologists, as Gurutz Linazasoro and Javier Aizpiri.

I do not know because it will be wrong to take an amino acid which has a large deficit, on the contrary, it should improve to anyone. But to know that you lack the analysis you need, because if you're wrong, bad consequences.

recovering good.

but hey, if it bothers you hear so much talk about this, which is what is being used quite successfully to detoxify people psycho drugs, because here was because the Basque government could not pay the bill of neuroleptics are some super expensive drugs, and had to detoxify a lot of people and for that hired Javier Aizpiri, expelled and fined him after several years to speak of amino acids and detoxification.

Other things that may help:

Sleep in complete darkness. If you sleep with a light brain does not produce melatonin and we'll ****.

Sleep with total silence, especially just when you sleep you. Many people sleep with the radio or the radio under the pillow, that's the best way to break your brain. because you do not rest and wake altered nothing. Buy earplugs.

Breakfast very important, if not eat breakfast, very bad business.

Take plenty of fruits and vegetables contain flavonoids, which are a powerful antioxidant and purifies the body.

Now I do not remember more.

recovering good.

There's a green light in the room that I cannot turn off so sleeping in darkness is not possible

We won't dispute the virtues of getting good sleep, healthy eating and gentle exercise.  They are the back bone of recovery.  We have extensive experience with just about every supplement/cure made and have found that in most cases they do not help and quite frequently cause even more problems.  That is why we can't recommend that people try them.

I am very glad that these things have worked for you and am truly happy that you are recovering.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

okay, I do not want to discuss, I'm the first to be wrong here with my first posts and recommendations, and acknowledge my mistake, especially with mucuna puriens, can cause much damage.

I understand that I can not know supplement can make you right or wrong, that is precisely why I say that the analysis is done, because so you can know with 100% certainty and consulting with a doctor / nutritionist.

Here we are with severe cognitive problems because of these drugs so the first thing we should know is that little attention should be asking each other. But you say that if you sleep well and exercise ... but so far nobody seems to have asked her if she sleep with light or not, because if sleeping with the light is like not sleeping. If not produce melatonin on sleep not regulate serotonin and can not correct all its chemical imbalance, if it significantly delay recovery.

I recommend here, so that instead of drowning in your sorrows and symptoms, things begin to ask, because she said that sleeps well, but be sleeping with the light, warn that it is impossible to recover well.

Now I understand why this so upset, so nervous and so angry, is that if you sleep with this light the brain for disaster.

If everything is done right, and you're not destroying the brain with bad habits in 6-12 months you have all the symptoms disappear, after having left the drug in a progressive way 10% or less. (Except cognitive and some other that are the most persistent) And what I see here is that there are people with problems for many years, something bad is doing all these people.

recovering good.

• Moderator Emeritus
If everything is done right, and you're not destroying the brain with bad habits in 6-12 months you have all the symptoms disappear...

This is just not true. Some people recover faster and other people take longer. We don't know why this is. Some people doing everything 'right' can still take a long time. Its impossible to know how long each person will take. Some factors involved may be related to individual genetics, what drugs were taken and for how long, how the drugs were stopped, other medical conditions, current situation, stress levels, the person's age.

If you do the best you can to improve the factors you have some control over, things we have found helpful, from the thousands of experiences shared here, and on other sites, then you are giving yourself the best possible chance to recover faster, rather than slower. But having said that, remember that everyone is different and what helps one person, could make someone else feel worse. But no short cuts to recovery have been found, only things which can sometimes improve symptoms a little as we wait for recovery. Beyond taking care of ourselves sensibly, patience and acceptance as we let time pass is the best way to provide the calming attitude needed for recovery.

Destroyed, if you are sleeping ok with a small green light in your room and its not bothering you, then don't worry about it. If your sleep is disturbed, then you may want to try the suggestion kup made of the sleep mask.

If we look hard enough, we can find studies about every environmental factor and how it effects some aspect of our functioning, including brain activity. But its impossible to know how accurate much of this research is and quite often there are inconclusive results from different studies and conflicting opinions about what these results mean. Test subjects are people with healthy, normally functioning brains, so even if the results are accurate, its impossible to know what they might mean for a person with a sensitized, erratically functioning nervous system.

kup, as Karen said, I know you mean well and are trying to help, but telling someone what they need to do based on unreliable information is not helpful. Nor is saying that sleeping with a light is a disaster for the brain and they wont recover. This is not true, you are frightening people, please stop.

As I wrote previously:

You may discuss your own experiences in your own thread or in the relevant topic, but you are not a doctor and not qualified to know what would help anyone else...

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary