Female hormone replacement therapy / HRT - estrogen and progesterone

Nikki

ADMIN NOTE Also see

I didn't really know where to put this.

I am tapering bio-identical hormones. Not bad. Off progesterone/testosterone.

Went to doctor today. My Blood Pressure has been high and I take Lisinopril.

He said Estrogen causes HBP which I had read about. I told him I had read that Celexa (all ssri's) can elevate blood pressure. He said he didn't think Celexa does that.

He told me to taper off estrogen over a course of months if I needed to.

And here doctor's tell patients to just stop taking ssri's.

I told him it would take me another few weeks. Then have blood pressure taken again.

I do need to make another drop in dose of the Celexa (and I do think they can cause HBP, particularly from a weight gain).

There is a large part of me that is glad that I am going to be getting off some medications.

I do need to lose weight and I have a hard time with that. I believe ssri's keep it on, and so does estrogen. I also know I am a sugar addict. Honest to God, I never craved sugar like I do after going on ssri's. I had it under control and it wasn't 24/7.

Today one of my customers told me that I get one helluva workout with my cleaning business.

So how come I am not like Twiggy????? :lol: I should be :(

I am excited to be coming off of four drugs: Celexa - Estrogen - Progesterone - Testosterone. Alot less visits to the Drugstore.

Edited by Altostrata
Added admin note

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Yep, you have to taper estrogen, too. All the steroids.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Okay, here it is ;)

Was off Progesterone/testosterone for three weeks. Wired and constantly hot, sweaty.

Tapered Estrogen and forget-about-it :blink: Major hot flashes, perspiration, wired, not good at all. However there was no anxiety/melancholy.

Yes, I am back on progesterone/testosterone and estradiol in very small doses and there is a world of difference.

Soo...in order to get off Celexa as safely as possible, I will remain on hormones. Hormones and Celexa drops = feeling lousy.

I would rather be rid of Celexa more than hormones. I tried, not is not the time ;)

Hugs I guess Suzanne Somers is right after all.

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Nikki,

If I knew of something that would make "world of difference" at this point, I'd have no hesitation. There are many new opinions and interpretations of data coming out about HRT used in the big Womens Health Initiative trial. So confusing. The main point that has been brought to light is that the median age of women enrolled was 65. They had already been post menopausal for 10-15 years. To use that as a guideline for treatment of pre/peri-menopausal symptoms or other endocrine failure is ludicrous. [i'm using the definition that menopause begins when periods stop permanently ("pause of menses")]. One doctor said that "post-menopausal" would start with death. :o

BTW, when did you notice that you began to grind your teeth/bruxism? My doc changed my estrogen recently and I'm grinding my teeth and waking with headaches again. Not certain if it's related.

I'm glad you found something that helps you.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Would anyone care to share how much estrogen and/or progesterone you're taking? If your prescriber uses blood levels to help determine dosing, what levels are you shooting for?

My hormone doc wants my estradiol around 70 pg/mL and progesterone about 20 ng/ml. Last time they were tested, my est was 35 and progest was 15.

I'm taking 500 mg of compounded bioidentical progesterone (orally) and using a 0.1 mg PLUS a 0.025 mg Vivelle patch twice a week. I'm worried. Those are pretty hefty doses and yet the hormones are still low. Why?

Sparrow

2009-2011: tapered off Trazodone, Namenda, Lamictal, Dextroamphetamine, Zyprexa; cold-turkeyed Pristiq; reduced Lexapro dose 50%.
On clonazepam since 2004, 0.5 - 1.0 mg daily PRN. Three failed (too rapid) partial tapers, 2010 - 2011.
Dec. 2011 - March 2013: Tapered off 0.5 mg clonazepam (Klonopin)

August 2013: Switched to liquid escitalopram (Lexapro) and began tapering from 10 mg.

January 2014: 4.5 mg escitalopram

March 2014: One year off benzos

May 2014: 3.0 mg escitalopram

June 2014: severe depression, updosed to 4.0 mg

Sept 1, 2014: 2.7 mg

Dec 7, 2014: Can't get below 2.5 mg without unbearable symptoms. Doing an extended hold (I hope)

March 2015: TWO YEARS POST-BENZO

Sparrow,

My doc changed me to Bi-est (20% estriol/80% estradiol) and shooting for pharmacologic (not physiologic/replacement) level to treat mood and energy. Currently at 0.75ml (or mg). It's a compounded cream. I liked the ease of Vivelle better. I was on 0.1 Vivelle. Doesn't sound like an increase..?

I have progesterone, too, but afraid to use after my severe reaction to Prometrium (immediate horrid depression, nightmares w 1 dose) that nobody can explain. It is supposed to be a "natural progesterone" (estradiol) and seems to be the choice of the docs I've talked to. There was mention on adrenal forum about using progesterone with caution in adrenal impairment but I don't recall the details. It seems akin to someone having a psychotic depressive reaction to one SSRI but told to try another. It was that extreme.

I suspect it will be difficult to reach a consistent level/balance as drugs are getting out of system. The SS/NRIs effect so many hormones, especially adrenals. The adrenals are in direct communication/axis with ovaries/testes (gonads) and thyroid (OAT axis). Then balanced among themselves, I believe.

I'm not sure about benzos.

This was a long way of saying "I don't know".

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Hi s...

I tapered Lexapro (similar to Celexa (citalopram) and it was the anxiety/depression that caused me the most harm.

In the Celexa taper, I am finding it easier. I can't do the slow taper others refer to. I did that with Lexapro and it took 2 years out of my life.

I drop in a larger amount with Celexa and wait a few months before doing it again. This method (so far :) ) seems to be okay. I am not suggesting you do this. This could change again with my next drop. We really never know.

If you feel that you can't do the taper right now, then don't. You don't owe anyone an explanation. It does take a toll and takes away a decent quality of life for alot of us.

If you read Strawberry's Posts on her taper (here on this site or in her blog), you may be able to follow her pattern of tapering which gives alot of people the least amount of agony.

You can taper for a period of time and then halt. Take a long break and feel better.

If you felt good at 20mgs. and think that you need to get back to that, then do so. I did that with Lexapro after my first tapering attempt. It was bad, my daughter was little, I had just gotten divorced and I needed to keep my wits about me.

You have choices. A word of caution....don't keep playing around with Celexa. Sometimes reinstating after upping and lowering doses over and over can render it ineffective.

Best Regards

Thanks Nikki. If it can be rendered ineffective, then maybe I should stay at 20mg. I was on 40 mg before and was doing very well, but I am now worried about the fluctuating dosages that I've made.

Hopefully it is still effective...

Lexapro 20mg 2001-2003 (tried to taper myself too quickly)

Back on Lexapro 40mg 2003-2006 (tried to taper...again)

On Celexa 20mg 2006-2008 (taper again)

Citalopram 40mg 2008-2012 (mid November tried to taper, things got worse)

Citalopram 20mg 2012 (late November)

Citalopram 20mg 2013 (January started to get a little better but sometime along the way stopped taking Citalopram and started losing track of everything)

Bad episode of lack of concentration and lost in thoughts, loss of sleep etc. Ended up in mental hospital for a week and was back on 20mg Citalopram and 5mg Olanzopine and 2mg Benztropine.

February 11 2013 Back on 40mg Citalopram and tapering Olanzopine to 2.5mg and Benztropine 1mg under Psychiatric care.

Wow so many responses and info....thank you :)

Barb...about Bruxism. Started after going on ssri's. Got worse with Lexapro, and just continued after that.

What has helped is meditation. Big difference. Need new tapes. Doing it again, have old CD's and haven't been doing it religiously.

Progesterone was described to me as the 'calming hormone' and I believe it.

Now that I am working and my business is building, I really don't have anxiety or the blues.

s: if you were doing well at 40 mgs. of Lexapro why not go back to 35mgs. and stay put.

Please don't worry about the fluctuations. You only recently did it. Just focus on stabilizing and you will :)

I take 1/4mg. Estradiol now (was on 1/2mg.) My progesterone is high and needs to be reduced. It is 100mgs. The testosterone is 1/2 mg. and I am okay with that. I want to take the least amount of all three drugs.

I will probably have the progesterone cut in half. 50mgs. or less.

Just realizing with playing around with trying to get off HRT that it does help me feel better. Alot better. So I would rather keep this and get off ssri's.

We ladies have so much more to contend with than men in regards to hormones, pregnancy, menopause, etc. :rolleyes:

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• 1 year later...

At the end of August I made some hormonal tests and these are the results:

- TSH: 6.60 mUI/mL normal: (0.31-4.50)
- Basal Testosterone: 35,9 nmol/L normal in men: (8.2-34,6)
- Cortisol 281 ng/mL normal at 8AM: (50-260)
- Prolactine 34,5 ng/mL normal: (4.0-15,2)

eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif 

I think paxil messed me up very well

At the I had already began my tapering from 20mg and I was at 14mg (still here after crashing reached the 10mg dosage as you can see in my sig.)

Some inputs? Should I have more test or wait?

end of 2010, prescribed paxil 20mg

1 year off cold turkey  september 2011- september 2012 (nightmare) escitalopram for 4 months (didn't help).

RI september 2012 20mg

october 2013 crash reaching 10mg

10/31/2013 updose to 14mg

1/3/2014-13mg

2/23/2014-12mg

4/6/2014-11mg

august 2014-10mg

November-December 2014 Big mistake, skipping doses BIG Crash

January 2015- 12 mg

Hi Lex- I recently had my hormones checked also. I ended up going on an estrogen troche & a progesterone cream. The original level that I was put on really helped & then I went to see a nurse practitioner who doubled the amount without any testing just saying that I wasn't on enough. ( I should have been smarter than to fall for that) She also put me on DHEA. Within a week my anxiety was going up tremendously again. She didn't return my call, so I talked to the compounding pharmacist who recommended that I cut the estrogen back to the original level & keep the progesterone cream where it was. I also eliminated the DHEA. It has taken about 3 weeks, but I feel like I am starting to settle back into my normal anxiety levels. My point in all of this is to be very careful what hormones you take & who prescribes them. They have definitely helped, but you can end up agitating yourself also. Alto or someone else more knowledgeable will come along and help you soon I'm sure. Hang in there. Hugs & prayers being sent your way.

Jan. 1994 Pamelor

2000 switched to Zoloft 

2011 Zoloft pooped out- Dr. switched me directly to Lexapro15mg -had a horrible 6mths

2013 upped Lexapro to 20 mgs-pooped out

June 2013 Dr. added 150 Wellbutrin to Lexapro.

July 2013 Switched back to Zoloft 100mgs.Was still taking Wellbutrin. Lots of anxiety from the Wellbutrin

July 2013 Started to wean Wellbutrin- off by Sept.

Oct. 2013 added 400 mgs of Neurotin to the Zoloft

Jan 2014 Tapered off of the Zoloft and onto Prozac 30 mgs. Also still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Feb 2014 Reduced Prozac to 13 mgs. Still taking 400 mgs Neurotin

Aug. 2014 Prozac 13 mgs. Finished with Neurotin. .7 Risperadol

• 1 year later...

1.  I am among those who went to see an endocrinologist to test a wide array of blood hormones in an attempt to explain the debilitating withdrawal symptoms related to psychiatric medication usage.  In my case, levels came back within the "normal range" some seemed a bit low on that range, but they were all within normal. 

**However, there's a massive problem with the common blood testing methodology that people don't seem to understand:  hormones fluctuate quite dramatically throughout the day - and one blood test cannot always expose a legitimate overview of our endocrine functions.  Instead, we would require multiple blood tests over a number of days to accurately diagnose any condition.  But of course doctors do not always have the time for that, and often rely on ONE blood test to diagnose and prescribe patients with a regime of exogenous hormones.  Even if the person is fasting, there can still be considerable variations in hormone levels throughout the day.  Therefore, this is sometimes a fundamentally incorrect approach, and any doctor who has gone through a basic 1st year medical school program should know better.

Here's a couple of basic references in the subject of hormone variation over time.  If you go to your local library and find a medical physiology textbook, you can also discover the same thing:

Thyroid hormone:  http://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2012-12/thyroid-stimulating-hormone-fluctuates-time-day

Cortisol:  http://imgur.com/BjkVH3R

Testosterone:  http://imgur.com/7ZIEfjV

Hormonal changes during the normal menstrual cycle in females:  http://imgur.com/mWMElIw

2..  Why exogenous hormones are problematic:

Hormones operate very heavily upon negative feedback.  So if an exogenous hormone is introduced into the blood stream, your endocrine glands will ramp down the production of that specific hormone.  Tropic hormones will be released in less quantity by the hypothalamus pituitary axis, leading to less production from the specific gland (e.g., less cortisol production from the adrenals, or less thyroid production by the thyroid gland).  When the exogenous hormone is then stopped, either because we run out of the meds, or the side effects become unbearable (e.g., cushing syndrome, heart complications, liver challenges), there is a delay in the natural production of the hormone, and therefore the patient goes through a "withdrawal" period, where there is now not enough natural hormone production in the body.  Usually the endocrine glands will be able to function again and bring blood hormone levels back to normal, but this can take a long time.

--------------------

3.  Taking exogenous hormones without an underlying endocrine gland disorder is analogous to taking a psych med - short term benefits long term adaptations and side effects.  Moreover, because hormones and neurotransmitters are all interconnected and feed back on one other in elaborate and poorly understood fashions, there's a possibility that any pre-existing neurological dysregulation could become exacerbated by any one or more hormone therapy treatments.  

4.  Osk's personal recommendation:  Be careful with exogenous hormones of any kind - they are another massively over prescribed medication that makes Big Pharma and doctors very wealthy.  Sometimes they are necessary - but terribly risky otherwise - ESPECIALLY if your endocrine glands still exist within your body in an otherwise healthy state. 

There are some exceptions to this role, for example Hashimotos  Disease individuals basically NEED exogenous thyroid hormones to function.  Other examples include conditions where the endocrine gland has been ablated for one reason or another and you can no longer produce hormones naturally (e.g., testicular or ovarian removal). 

5.  Please be careful before "trying" exogenous hormones - there's big risks, and numerous side effects. I have a family member who after a number of cycle of cortisone treatment suddenly developed cushing syndrome which lasted for over 10 years AFTER stopping.  So there are potential long term risks.

Moreover, I've read anecdotal reports of people who take exogenous hormones for SSRI and psych med problems (these were located on the now defunct website, Paxilprogress.org), and they got short term benefits for a while, and then no longer get these benefits - but are now stuck taking exogenous hormones.   From these perusings on that now defunct website, I also noticed that there were a number of anecdotal reports that SSRIs and antipsycotics threw normal blood hormone levels out of whack in a surprising number of individuals - but unfortunately hormone therapy did NOT always relieve these problems and sometimes lead to hormone therapy withdrawal or side effects (or no effect at all).

I hope this helped someone :unsure:

Footnote:

This is my personal opinion only.  I am not a doctor or medical professional, and this post is not meant to be interpreted as medical advice.  Please contact your doctor for medical advice.

TLDR:  Endocrinologists do not always practice the best diagnostic testing (too many patients, too little time/compensation by insurance companies), and hormone therapy can be very risky (because hormones operate via negative feedback), please be very careful.

I appreciate your writing this. I have often suspected all of the above. I have seen so many people get placed on hormones during AD use or WD. This happens so frequently with thyroid diagnosis and then hormone replacement. It seems like the thyroid really gets knocked around during WD, and I just can't see how testing thyroid hormone levels during this process could be used to make a diagnosis.

I'm pretty sure I have a wonky thyroid at the moment, but I have stayed away from hormones for two reasons.

1) I couldn't tolerate any kind of med at this point in time anyways.

2) I have no idea if my thyroid will even out after a few years, it may. feel the need to give my body a chance to balance out before I consider taking anything.

I understand others may have a different viewpoint. That's ok, this a decision I have made for myself.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I was on birth control for many years. I cold turkeyed them in beginning of ad withdrawal but suffered severely. I went back on but it didnt help my symptoms. I had to taper off them. I developed severe fibroadenomas in my breasts. I think this is the reason im so severely effected. Im dealing with ad withdrawal, birth control withdrawal, adverse reaction, abuse and break up of a 4 year partner.

Im in a bad place right now :(

Was on Citalopram 20mg since Feb 2008 - switched to Paxil 20mg in August 2010

Tapered way too fast in April 2012 by skipping days. Taper completed in 6 weeks

Tried prozac 20mg for 3 days - felt spaced out, not better.

Tried 30mg Cymbalta for 2 days. SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION

Antidepressant free since 14 August 2012

Birth control on and off during this time - Last taken 18 June 2017 - Morning after pill 

Started mainly using 0.5mg Xanax beginning 2016 for severe panic attacks and anxiety due to trauma

Xanax on and off never more than 0.5mg at a time, never taking it 3 days in a row - used sparingly 

6 Years antidepressant free - Still in severe withdrawal with over 60 symptoms

Severe setback started May 2018 with no let up to date. Developed many new symptoms like tremors, inner vibrations, insomnia, visual distortions and dr/dp are 100x worse, i have severe sensitivity to movement, My dizziness and vertigo got worse and it now feels like im constantly rocking on a boat, my anxiety is sky high, suicidal idiation is back, i feel extremely brain damaged 

So if someone has low thyroid they should not take hormones? 

• SSRIs 3-4 times in the last 14 years; would take them for 6-8 months and then taper off under dr supervision with no problems.
  • Med history prior to 2015: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6012-newbeginning-my-withdrawal-story/?p=267313#entry267313
  • 04/2015: Prozac decreased to 15mg over last 3 months; effexor held steady at 8mg; current effexor XR: 20 beads of a 75mg capsule per day (about 8mg)
  • 06/2015: Prozac: 10mg; effexor XR: 19 beads (about 7.5mg); 07/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor 18 beads; 08/2015: Prozac: 7.5mg; effexor: 17 beads
  • End of August: withdrawal: depressive symptoms, crying spells. Realized I was measuring prozac dose wrong for the last 2 months. Reinstated Prozac 8.5mg; Kept effexor at 17 beads. Stabilized in 5 weeks.
  • 10/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor: 17 beads11/2015: Prozac: 1.9ml (7.5mg); effexor: 16 beads12/2015: Prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: 16 beads. Withdrawal: neuroemotions
  • 01/2016: prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: reinstated 17 beads, withdrawal improved; 02/2016: Prozac 1.5ml; Effexor: 17 beads; 03/2016: Prozac 1.3ml(5mg); Effexor: 17 beads (7mg)-withdrawal (flu-like malaise, lightheaded, drowsy) started end of March. April 15: reinstated Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized. 2 weeks ok. End of April: Withdrawal (neuroemotions). Eventually stabilized in April-May. Apathy improved.
  • 3 month hold until August. August 2016: apathy came back;

• October 2016: updosed to Prozac 1.6ml. Bad reaction: anxiety, depression. End of October: went down Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized over several weeks.

• Dec 9: tried macca for energy: anxiety/depression. Improved over several weeks, but not completely resolved.

• Dec 31: cut Effexor 5% to 16 beads. After 9 days: withdrawal anxiety, depression; tried updosing to 17 beads Feb 7 but anxiety got worse; went down to 16 beads

May 2017: Anxiety improved; severe depression continuesSeptember 2017: finally stabilized!!!!!! 09/07/2017-12/31/2017: hold

• Stable on Effexor 6mg and Prozac 6mg until around 2019-2020. Side effects (fatigue, anhedonia) continued, but had some long lasting windows thanks to therapy. Windows lasting 5-6 months each year followed by relapses.

• 2019: bad reaction to melatonin 3 mg. Withdrawal after taking it 2 months. When I tried to stop it developed severe insomnia that lasted 6 months even after I reinstated melatonin. Only slept again because I took hydroxyzine 5 mg 3 times a week for few months. Stopped hydroxyzine with no issues. Sleep normalized.

• 2020-2021: Holding on Prozac 6mg, Effexor 6mg, Tapered melatonin 1 drop every 2-4 weeks down to 1.5mg. Had to hold because further cuts were causing severe drowsiness. 

• 2021: Insomnia returned due to caffeine use for few months (only started after months of use). I also had a concussion at this time.

• 2023: took hydroxyzine 5-100mg for one month (kept increasing dose every 3 days because I developed tolerance). Tapered for 1 week. After 1 month: withdrawal neuroemotions. Reinstated 5mg 2 months after stopping. Gradually increased to 25mg, stabilized, but withdrawal came back after 10 days. Kept increasing dose and withdrawal returning. Currently at 40mg. Not sure how to stabilize. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hormone therapy
  • 3 months later...

My doctor gave me some estrogen cream because he said I’m very very low and was wondering if anybody else

started using estrogen and is going through withdrawals! Did it amp up your symptoms? I really need estrogen because this might be the cause of my horrible anxiety along with the withdrawals! Any help would be appreciated Thanks everyone God bless you

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

was on Trazodone for 6 months or longer 

did a fast taper getting panic attacks 
2018 Doctor switched me to Effexor XR an 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

• Altostrata changed the title to Female hormone therapy -- estrogen and progesterone
  • Administrator

@Lynnardgirl, see above discussion.

I would be very, very careful about adding estrogen cream -- try a very little bit at first to see what it does.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 11/3/2019 at 9:13 AM, Altostrata said:

@Lynnardgirl, see above discussion.

I would be very, very careful about adding estrogen cream -- try a very little bit at first to see what it does.

Altostrata 

I started on a very low dose and I can’t seem to get out of this wave! I stopped using the estrogen 

Do you think it will subside wow this is awful

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

• Administrator

Did the estrogen make it worse? Estrogen has a very long half-life, this will gradually go away.

5 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Did the estrogen make it worse? Estrogen has a very long half-life, this will gradually go away.

Yes it made me worse! 

On 11/28/2015 at 12:12 PM, Wildflower0214 said:

I appreciate your writing this. I have often suspected all of the above. I have seen so many people get placed on hormones during AD use or WD. This happens so frequently with thyroid diagnosis and then hormone replacement. It seems like the thyroid really gets knocked around during WD, and I just can't see how testing thyroid hormone levels during this process could be used to make a diagnosis.

I'm pretty sure I have a wonky thyroid at the moment, but I have stayed away from hormones for two reasons.

1) I couldn't tolerate any kind of med at this point in time anyways.

2) I have no idea if my thyroid will even out after a few years, it may. feel the need to give my body a chance to balance out before I consider taking anything.

I understand others may have a different viewpoint. That's ok, this a decision I have made for myself.

Yes I have to agree with you! Tried estrogen cream and wow made me go into the worse wave!

no more for me! Yes let our body try and balance out before trying anything 

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I am a 58-year-old menopausal woman. My periods stopped two years ago. I have been tapering off Lexapro for 2 1/2 years. I have not Done a dose change in 2.5 months. The problem is I’m suffering from frequent and debilitating hot flashes that keep me up half the night. My nurse friend suggested going on Progesterone hormone replacement therapy. I called my doctor today and I’m supposed to talk to her tomorrow. Maybe she will suggest estrogen hormone replacement therapy. Now my question is if I go on hormone replacement therapy is this going to screw up my brain chemistry since I’ve already sensitized because of tapering off of SSRIs? I don’t want to go from the frying pan into the fire. Please advise

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Administrator

@getofflex, please see this and related topics in the Symptoms and Self-Care forum.

The staff can't advise you on general medical matters, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Anyone experience worse WD following having the mirena coil fitted?

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• ChessieCat changed the title to Female hormone replacement therapy / HRT - estrogen and progesterone

I just wanted to chime in here on this post to give what happened to me - not to discourage or scare anyone - 

I started peri as I began my screwed up taper and reinstatement - it was fine I never really had a lot of menopause symptoms - 

lasy year I started getting UTIs about once a month- at this point in my taper I had already gotten gallbladder surgery and passed a kidney stone without any adverse reactions to any of the meds I needed for those situations - I was also taking a ton of keflex for the utis with no issues- 

so my doc said my estrogen was low and that protects the bladder and I should start hrt - it would help with the frequent utis- so I didn’t think twice about that - she started me on the lowest dose of prempro - 

initally I didn’t have any side effects but about a month into taking it my breasts started getting very painful  and I started bleeding again (hadn’t had a period in almost 5 years) 

Going into 7 weeks is when it started getting bad - I felt slowly like I was back into cause adverse reaction- just a cns reignited - the same symptoms of panic, intrusive thoughts, skin on fire, screaming tinnitus, double vision, severe pots, and muscle twitching and cramping - 

I stopped the hrt at about 2 months in - that was back in may 2022 - I am still expericing the fall out from that (4 months ago ) I have windows but the waves are still almost as bad as they were so many years ago -

I should also mention, at the 7 week period, I also needed to take keflex again due to me getting another uti - so the hrt didn’t do a damn thing for that - 

so I am waiting for this fire to quell so I can try to live again- 

*Currently at 8.2-8.5 mg of my 10mg pill of Paxil (they actually weigh 12.5mg) 

january 2023 I began reducing my med again. I was a 9mg weight for years, I went to 8.9 in January, went to 8.6mg in February, and in March 2023 I went down to 8.5-8.2 mg ( my scale varies, so I stick within that .3 range because of that) 

*No other supplements or vitamins 

*Taper schedule in the pdf 

Blank.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5vShtJtwAOGA30OxIP87steLmMdFzD29F0fzAPD564

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I am seeing a functional medicine nurse practitioner as my hormones are all super low from being on medication‘s and from withdrawal and who knows what else? Some levels don’t even read on the scale.

I read on “the withdraw project “that having Low hormones is a result of withdrawal and that taking hormone replacement therapy is risky and it can make symptoms worse.

The functional medicine specialist I am seeing disagreed and put me on DHEA, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. It’s been six weeks and I don’t notice a difference. I don’t feel like I’m getting any better. I have chronic fatigue that started just before I started withdrawing from anti-depressants and it’s just gotten worse with withdrawal. I don’t know If it’s from the hormones or what the start of it was. I was told it could be from the Covid vaccine.

So my question is did anybody else get started on her hormone replacement therapy because of low hormones coming off of anti-depressants? And how did it help you or does it make things worse.? And does it take a while to notice a difference? Thank you

1992 -1995 Prozac 2 yrs, then Wellbutrin  
2015 Wellbutrin 300 mg + Ability + Pristiq 

2018 Psych CT off Pristiq and Ability 

2018 (November) unsuccessful attempt to withdraw from Pristiq and Wellbutrin. Went 

2019 Trintellix 2 months ( vomiting +++)

2019 off Trintellix, on SamE supplements

2019 Moclobebide 900 mg zombie 

2019 Wellbutrin 300 mg then Lexapro 10mg

2022( March) coached off both in 30 days 

2022 Sept. Reinstated 1.25 mg Lex, now on 0.75 mg Lex

• Administrator

Hello, @Terrie See the earlier posts in this topic.

If you have any adverse effects from these powerful hormones, please talk to your prescriber. We do not provide peer support for this sort of thing.

• 2 months later...

HRT tapering

Hi there

I looked everywhere for posts on this topic but couldn’t find information on this.

By the time I found this site I was already on HRT. I read somewhere (on another site) that this is not recommended as to the HRT affecting the same neurotransmitters as SSRI’s . I don’t know what that means.

I am pretty sure I am getting more depressed being on HRT, although in withdrawal I am always  depressed regardless.

does anybody have any information on this? For example HRT causing increased withdrawal symptoms, etc.

Also does anyone know how to find (safe) info on tapering. I have been on them for 4 1/2 months now. My doc says I can go off CT. I don’t trust her

Thanks

Edited by manymoretodays
title added

2010-2018 Effexor + Wellbutrin +Abilify

2018 CT off Effexor and Abilify by shrink

2018 Zoloft  then Cymbalta

2018-2022  Cipralex and Wellbutrin

Feb 2022 tapered both meds in 4 weeks 

with advice.

May-June reinstated 37.5 mg Wellbutrin then fast taper off that. (As advised)

July ‘23 reinstated 20-37.5 mg Wellbutrin 

My Intro thread: AnnaRetlaw: New here

• Moderator Emeritus

@AnnaRetlaw

This was the closest topic to your concern I could find.

And I do see Alto state in one of the first posts(do scroll back and browse this topic), that yes estrogen, and all steroid do require tapering.

You may be able to get away with something greater than the 10% we promote for the rest of the drugs here.

I don't think HRT works just like a SSRI, but indirectly everything influences everything AND if you feel sure the HRT is not helpful, might as well do a slower approach than your doctor recommends.  That's harm reduction.  It's good.

Possibly you'll get some other input here as well.

Good luck.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

So what I’ve learned and experienced is that some women in peri/menopause that are not going through ssri withdrawals, have the same symptoms as those not in peri/menopause but are going through ssri withdrawals! Im doing both.  The ssri withdrawals are worse for me,  but I know withdrawal is exacerbated by perimenopause. 

i take 100mg progesterone nightly and it has really helped my general anxiety and insomnia. I definitely prefer hormone replacement  to antidepressants for anxiety but it doesn’t work the same for everyone. Im still producing estrogen so when I tried to add estrogen hrt my anxiety kicked in hard so for me right now the progesterone is all I need. Some women have a pretty intense intolerance to micronized progesterone which is unfortunate because it is a very safe form. 

Anyway, I think you should always taper anything you’ve been on for a time. SSRIs, bentos, hrt, Prilosec, caffeine— all of it— just some things are quicker tapers and others obvi much longer😊

SERTRALINE current taper

Oct 10, 2021: 18.75 mg dose/ 60mg weight; Nov 7, 2021: 15.6 mg dose/50mg weight; Nov 21, 2021: 12.5mg dose/40mg weight

Dec 26, 2021: 9.4 mg dose/30mg weight; Jan 23, 2022: 6.25mg dose/20mg weight; Feb 13, 2022: crossover from 6.25mg dose tablet to 6.25mg dose/.31ml liquid; Mar 13 2022: 0.28 ml; Mar 27, 2022: 0.25ml (5 mg dose if my math is correct); Apr 3, 2022: 0.23ml; Apr 10, 2022: 0.22ml; Apr 16,2022: 0.20ml; Jun 5, 2022: 0.19 ml; June 19, 2022: 0.18ml; Sep 25, 2022: 0.17ml; Oct 23, 2022: 0.16ml; Nov 20, 2022: 0.15 ml; Jan 22, 20230.14ml; slowly decreased over last year to Feb 1, 2024: 0.10ml;

SUPPLEMENTS

Daily: Fish Oil, Magnesium, micronized Progesterone 100mg

Periodically or as needed:  Allegra, Ibuprofen, Vitamin C, B-Complex, probiotics, Quercetin, Nasalcrom,  Stinging Nettle, Vit D

Sertaline Up and down mess: 2021, July 14: 25 mg, 2021, Mar 17: 18.75 mg, 2021, Mar 9: 12.5 mg, 2021, Mar 1: 25 mg, 2020, May 29: 37.5 mg, 2020, Feb 19: 25 mg, 2020, Feb 1: 18.75 mg, 2019, Nov 2: 12.5 mg, 2019, Oct 18: 6.25 mg 

ESCITALOPRAM (generic Lexapro) Sep 2017-June 2019  from 0-5 mg

Final taper: 5 mg > 2.5mg, then 2.5 every other day, then stop)

Hi all, 

I wonder if any women here have experience with HRT/Mirt/serotonin syndrome. I ask because I recently came off Mirt (see signature for the sorry tale), had a pretty hellish 6 weeks where I wasn't sleeping and upped by 50mg oestrogen patch to 100mg in the last week or so of that time, and then ended up going back on 7.5mg Mirt on the bad advice of psychiatrist 10 days ago and from the instant, I went back on it I had this unpleasant, unsettling shaking CNS sensation that was quite constant (worse the more stress/anxious I was) until finally, after 8-9 days back on the med, the hypnic jerks (which I now know is a side effect of the Mirt that interferes with sleep - it kicked in Oct 22 and was the reason I went off it in Jan this year) came back. I saw a mention on another thread that these jerks can be a sign of serotonin syndrome, and I didn't get the internal shaking feeling when I originally commenced Mirt while on the lower dose of oestrogen in April 22. Since I know oestrogen can affect serotonin production/functioning, I'm wondering if that might be why I've gotten the internal shakes this time - or is it more likely to be a result of a completely confused CNS after a too-fast WD?

HRT 50mg oestrogen patch.

St John's Wort 500mg-4000mg 2012-Feb 2022 > WD > 7.5mg Mirt April 2022 > jumped off to 10-25mg Endep > 7.5mg Mirt mid-2022.

Valium 2.5-5mg sporadically between June-Oct 2023.

October 2023 onset hypnic jerks interfering with sleep (Mirt side effect exacerbated by stress/anxiety)

Early Jan 6, 2023, 5-day taper from 7.5 to 3.75 (with Temazepam supplementation for sleep).

Discontinued Jan 13, 2023 > WD (insomnia especially stubborn).

Increased to 100mg oestrogen and commenced 100mg progesterone (insomnia started with menopause; now 8 yrs post-menopausal).

Reinstated 7.5 Feb 23, 2023, stupid sliding dose: 4 nights 7.5 > 2 nights 3/4 of a 15mg pill > 1 night 7.5 > 2 nights 3/4 15mg > 15mg.

March 4, 2023, dropped to 7.5 (some WD insomnia) > stabilising and sleeping on 7.5.

April 5, 2023, started 10% taper > 6.75mg, April 30 > 6.08mg, May 26 > 5.47mg - sorry, I've missed noting a couple, now on 3.64mg as of 12/8/23 - apologies, have been tardy updating; currently at 2.7mg on the Brassmonkey Slide - quick update: 2.25mg as of 24/3/24.

Supplements: magnesium, melatonin 2mg, Omega 3.

@Mcat, pls do a search about whether a specific topic exists before you start a new topic. We like to keep our threads tidy so people can find what they are looking for easily. 

I have merged the topic you started here. 

You can also ask about specific questions about your case in your own intro thread. 

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Thanks @Onmyway- live and learn!

St John's Wort 500mg-4000mg 2012-Feb 2022 > WD > 7.5mg Mirt April 2022 > jumped off to 10-25mg Endep > 7.5mg Mirt mid-2022.

October 2023 onset hypnic jerks interfering with sleep (Mirt side effect exacerbated by stress/anxiety)

Early Jan 6, 2023, 5-day taper from 7.5 to 3.75 (with Temazepam supplementation for sleep).

Increased to 100mg oestrogen and commenced 100mg progesterone (insomnia started with menopause; now 8 yrs post-menopausal).

Reinstated 7.5 Feb 23, 2023, stupid sliding dose: 4 nights 7.5 > 2 nights 3/4 of a 15mg pill > 1 night 7.5 > 2 nights 3/4 15mg > 15mg.

March 4, 2023, dropped to 7.5 (some WD insomnia) > stabilising and sleeping on 7.5.

April 5, 2023, started 10% taper > 6.75mg, April 30 > 6.08mg, May 26 > 5.47mg - sorry, I've missed noting a couple, now on 3.64mg as of 12/8/23 - apologies, have been tardy updating; currently at 2.7mg on the Brassmonkey Slide - quick update: 2.25mg as of 24/3/24.

Hi @Mcat. I have not experienced what you describe from estrogen/hormones/ serotonin syndrome. But I do get internal shakey feelings usually around my period and it corresponds to hormones dropping or maybe surging. I have had those jerks, but it’s when I reduce my ssri and it doesn’t happen every time I do a reduction. It’s almost like a whole body zap. So my best guess is that what you are experiencing is a seriously sensitized nervous system. If you do reductions in ssri, I would not change any of the HRT for a while and Vice versa. Let your body adjust to one change at a time and then stabilize. However that stabilization is tricky when you’re in perimenopause isn’t it? It’s all wacky when you least expect it anyway. So any changes you can control should be sloooow and gradual ❤️

SERTRALINE current taper

Oct 10, 2021: 18.75 mg dose/ 60mg weight; Nov 7, 2021: 15.6 mg dose/50mg weight; Nov 21, 2021: 12.5mg dose/40mg weight

Dec 26, 2021: 9.4 mg dose/30mg weight; Jan 23, 2022: 6.25mg dose/20mg weight; Feb 13, 2022: crossover from 6.25mg dose tablet to 6.25mg dose/.31ml liquid; Mar 13 2022: 0.28 ml; Mar 27, 2022: 0.25ml (5 mg dose if my math is correct); Apr 3, 2022: 0.23ml; Apr 10, 2022: 0.22ml; Apr 16,2022: 0.20ml; Jun 5, 2022: 0.19 ml; June 19, 2022: 0.18ml; Sep 25, 2022: 0.17ml; Oct 23, 2022: 0.16ml; Nov 20, 2022: 0.15 ml; Jan 22, 20230.14ml; slowly decreased over last year to Feb 1, 2024: 0.10ml;

SUPPLEMENTS

Periodically or as needed:  Allegra, Ibuprofen, Vitamin C, B-Complex, probiotics, Quercetin, Nasalcrom,  Stinging Nettle, Vit D

Sertaline Up and down mess: 2021, July 14: 25 mg, 2021, Mar 17: 18.75 mg, 2021, Mar 9: 12.5 mg, 2021, Mar 1: 25 mg, 2020, May 29: 37.5 mg, 2020, Feb 19: 25 mg, 2020, Feb 1: 18.75 mg, 2019, Nov 2: 12.5 mg, 2019, Oct 18: 6.25 mg 

Oh I’m sorry @Mcat I just saw that you’re post menopausal, not peri. But I still suggest the same- one thing at a time and then hold. Those jerky feelings must be a drag. I totally get why you want to be off in a jiffy. 

SERTRALINE current taper

SUPPLEMENTS

Thanks for responding. No question I need to stabilise (the pressing question is just how), and honestly, I don't think the hormones are my biggest problem right now (though who knows, as it's all a hot mess). 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy