Andyla04log: I don't know what to do

Andyla04log

Good to know erevy single of you. I'm 23 years old and a women. My first language is Spanish so I'm doing my best with English (I hope you can understand me) In August I started to get sertraline (zoloft) and the side effects were the worts the first two weeks. I was doing just fine when I experienced blurred vision and 'electric shock' in my head. This terrific me I was Starting my second month on sertraline,and I started to reduce the dossage from 50 to 25 for two weeks and then 5 for one maybe, so I guess I take sertraline for two months. I talked with my doctor and he say my problems was maybe migraine and the sertraline don't have anything to do with it. I was feeling good for the first 15 days when I stopped using it bur then I was feeling with a headache all the time, it was awful. At this time I didn't know about withdrawal and my doctor just asked me how I was tampering and say it was OK. So then my headache improvise for a week maybe and I was good some tips but right now I'm feeling pretty bad. I don't know but I'm feeling very sick. If I don't take any food I become very dizziness,nauseoso, my heart rate is high all the time, my heart skip beats, my blood pressure too and I have extremely anxiety, palpitations, headache,insomnia, nervous and the list goes on. I don't know what to do, You think I need to go to AE or something because I'm very nervous about my life right now. Help me with advice please, this scared me like I don't know my dossage was 50 and I was in it for about 2 months and I don't know this is killing me :(

Dosage prescription 50mg of sertraline for anxiety disorders. I take it for about one month (30 tablets). The effects were pretty bad the first two weeks and then I stabilize. For my second month I have a electricity feeling in my head and my vision was blur. So I decide myself to reduced the dosage. For about two weeks I take 25mg (tablet) and then I take 5mg two weeks maybe, because it was a small piece of the tablet. And then stopped all. For about 15 days I was just feeling headaches but anything more. I take my last tablet on October 5st.

I forgot to mention I'm very sensitive to meds right now. Please help me.

Dosage prescription 50mg of sertraline for anxiety disorders. I take it for about one month (30 tablets). The effects were pretty bad the first two weeks and then I stabilize. For my second month I have a electricity feeling in my head and my vision was blur. So I decide myself to reduced the dosage. For about two weeks I take 25mg (tablet) and then I take 5mg two weeks maybe, because it was a small piece of the tablet. And then stopped all. For about 15 days I was just feeling headaches but anything more. I take my last tablet on October 5st.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Andy and welcome,

I'm glad you found this site - you are in good company here with people who have experienced all these things you are now feeling.  It can be scary when you don't know what's happening, but you will be able to sort it out. (Your English is great, by the way).

You are right that you are very sensitive to meds.  All of those symptoms you mention are withdrawal symptoms.  I see that you took some care to step down your doses, but it was actually a very fast taper.  We recommend tapering by 10% each 4-6 weeks, as this helps your central-nervous-system to remain stable (and then you get less symptoms). 

How long have you been taking nothing for?  Sometimes, if it's not long since you stopped, reinstating a small amount can help your body to stabilise.  Have a read of this reinstatement thread and see what you think of the pros and cons.  If you did reinstate, you would stay at that dose for a few months, and then we'd could help you work out a gentle tapering plan. 

If you fill out a signature with tapering date and details, we can help you more accurately.

Hang in there Andy, you can get through this.  Just have a read of those links and come back here to ask more questions.  This will be your journal to record your healing progress.

Hugs,

KarenB

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

My last tablet was on October 5st. I'm pretty terrific right now, my sugar blood is low, I have anxiety and I feel very debilitated. I don't know what to do.

Thank you so much for your words, this is awful and my doctor don't play attention to me.

Hello Andy and welcome,

I'm glad you found this site - you are in good company here with people who have experienced all these things you are now feeling.  It can be scary when you don't know what's happening, but you will be able to sort it out. (Your English is great, by the way).

You are right that you are very sensitive to meds.  All of those symptoms you mention are withdrawal symptoms.  I see that you took some care to step down your doses, but it was actually a very fast taper.  We recommend tapering by 10% each 4-6 weeks, as this helps your central-nervous-system to remain stable (and then you get less symptoms). 

How long have you been taking nothing for?  Sometimes, if it's not long since you stopped, reinstating a small amount can help your body to stabilise.  Have a read of this reinstatement thread and see what you think of the pros and cons.  If you did reinstate, you would stay at that dose for a few months, and then we'd could help you work out a gentle tapering plan. 

If you fill out a signature with tapering date and details, we can help you more accurately.

Hang in there Andy, you can get through this.  Just have a read of those links and come back here to ask more questions.  This will be your journal to record your healing progress.

Hugs,

KarenB

My last tablet was on October 5st. I'm pretty terrific right now, my sugar blood is low, I have anxiety and I feel very debilitated. I don't know what to do.

I think you mean 'terrified ' not terrific. Am i correct?

Anyway welcome.

You are going to be ok.

Whether you feel ' terrific' or 'terrified' i would if possible and imo avoid going to AE.

If you do that it could be a very dangerous life altering move, your drug exposure may be extended from 2 months to 10 years.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Yes, sorry is terrified. I don't know I feel like my life is threatening for this withdrawal, and I don't know what to do anymore. Than you for the response.

I think you mean 'terrified ' not terrific. Am i correct?

Anyway welcome.

You are going to be ok.

Whether you feel ' terrific' or 'terrified' i would if possible and imo avoid going to AE.

If you do that it could be a very dangerous life altering move, your drug exposure may be extended from 2 months to 10 years.

• Moderator Emeritus

Firstly you need to do some calming things.  You could write down some true thoughts such as 'I am going to be okay'  or 'Bodies are intelligent and know how to heal' or 'others have done this and they are now healing.'  Stick them on your wall, and get them into your heart.  It is very scary - we all remember feeling like that at the start, but it gets better.  One day you'll look back and see how good at healing you really are! 

You could get some magnesium and sip that dissolved in water - it's good for calming anxiety.  Fish oil is also very good for helping people through withdrawal.

Okay, so you're about 2 1/2 months out from your last dose.  Considering how badly you're feeling, you might try a small reinstatement.  Did you read that link?  It's a lot to take in, I know.  If you did choose to try it, 1mg could be a good dose.

Sending you bigger hugs this time :) 

KarenB 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

English is an arse isnt it ...why on earth do we have adjectives masquerading as past tense verbs??

And as for 'a' and 'the' such little words, yet packed with vast amounts of nuanced meaning! Who can explain the difference and their usage ? dont ask an english person...they may not have be able to !

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 4 years later...

Hi. I'm now 27 years old. English is no my first language so please, please don't be rude. I really need help. 😥

I was on sertraline for two months in 2015. I was off quickly in less than a month from them.  I had withdrawal symptoms between the end of 2015 and more or less until the middle of 2016. Everything was improving at that time and I was able to stabilize myself (2017-2018-2019 was fine or normal).  At the end of 2019 I started taking contraceptives on and off (It wasn't a problem at that time). With the issue of the pandemic my anxiety come back, what I believed were symptoms of anxiety, stress (this was around the month of April).  In that month (April) I stopped contraceptives again and from then on I began to notice more obvious panic and anxiety attacks.  I was scared and I thought it was from stopping the contraceptives so I took them again. But in all these months I feel as if I am back with withdrawal, I say it because there are symptoms that feel like withdrawal: digestive problems, panic attacks, anxiety, depression, fatiga, heart problems, short of breath, spams, sinus problems, involuntary movements and they come and go like in a cycle. I feel very bad physically, mentally, emotionally and I don't know, my doctor tells me that it is a relapse and to take antidepressants but I don't know what to do. I'm really in a bad place I don't know if this has something to do with me taking contraceptives or it's a big relapse or withdrawal or I'm sick. If someone see this I hope you can help me out. 😔

• ChessieCat changed the title to Andyla04log: I don't know what to do
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome back.

I'm sorry that you are having anxiety.  Stress can definitely cause withdrawal symptoms to get worse.  Since the beginning of this year we have had other members posting that they are experiencing unexpected and/or worse waves.

Q:  Are you currently taking any drugs or supplements for the anxiety?  If yes, what?

Is it withdrawal or relapse?  Or something else?

How do I know it's withdrawal and not relapse?

Please read these:

But I only took it for a Week

It Doesn’t end at “0”

Things to do Along the Way

So, When Will We Get There?

If you had anxiety before you started taking the drug, then we suggest that you see a counsellor who can teach you ways to cope with the anxiety without drugs.

Claire Weekes' Method of Recovering from a Sensitized Nervous System

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

Non-drug techniques to cope

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

thanks for answering. I read the links and they have really good information. I think this is withdrawal and my previous anxiety and stress is doing so much too for sure the way symptoms come and go and then they repeat itself or new ones every time but I don't know what to do this time. for three years I don't have any symptoms and now I'm scared and really anxious. I know I'm doing the wrong thing when I put more stress to my nervous system but everything that worked for me last time it's not helping me right now. 

Q:  Are you currently taking any drugs or supplements for the anxiety?  If yes, what?

No, I'm not. I'm just taking yaxibelle (birth control pill). No drugs or supplements. 

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Question: are there stories of people recovering from withdrawal when they not tapered properly? I say this because I don't did the right thing five years ago and i let the drug without precautions (six months of symptoms but I didn't take the drug again) and then I was 'fine' for three years and now I'm lost in this again but now I feel it worse. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Andyla04log,    I am not a moderator but would recommend you read @train28 's thread.  She made it through withdrawal and then started having issues after she took a medication for a cold or allergies I think?   Not entirely sure, but it threw her back into withdrawals and she recovered again.  Hormones are powerful drugs and can do all sorts of things to a person especially if you are stopping and starting them.  It is entirely possible your birth control pills are what is causing you to feel unwell.   Do your research, or at least google, side effects of birth control pills and people that have stopped taking them because of all the side effects they cause.  You might be surprised at what you find out about them.  Best wishes to you and I hope you start to feel better soon! Glosmom

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

• Moderator Emeritus

@Glosmom   Thanks for mentioning train28.  Here is the link that their topic:  ☼-train28-ct-abilify-7-years-ago-had-3-years-with-no-symptoms-sudafed-triggered-new-waves

You can also check out the success stories here:  success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

15 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

@Glosmom   Thanks for mentioning train28.  Here is the link that their topic:  ☼-train28-ct-abilify-7-years-ago-had-3-years-with-no-symptoms-sudafed-triggered-new-waves

You can also check out the success stories here:  success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, Glosmom said:

Hi @Andyla04log,    I am not a moderator but would recommend you read @train28 's thread.  She made it through withdrawal and then started having issues after she took a medication for a cold or allergies I think?   Not entirely sure, but it threw her back into withdrawals and she recovered again.  Hormones are powerful drugs and can do all sorts of things to a person especially if you are stopping and starting them.  It is entirely possible your birth control pills are what is causing you to feel unwell.   Do your research, or at least google, side effects of birth control pills and people that have stopped taking them because of all the side effects they cause.  You might be surprised at what you find out about them.  Best wishes to you and I hope you start to feel better soon! Glosmom

Glosmom thank you for your reply and your well wishes! About the birth control pill yes I did read about the side effects and you are right about everything (my doctor just said that my stress and elevate anxiety is not letting the medicine work properly). I read 'period repair manual' from Lara Briden and it explains a lot. But I don't know how to get ride of them because I feel like if I do it right now it will be bad or I just don't know how to do it in the right way. It's the only drug that I have in my system right now but if I stop taking them I feel like the symptoms will be worse or better ¿? I'm not sure what to do and in the forum there is no much information about this (or a least I haven't seen it).

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, Andyla04log said:

But I don't know how to get ride of them because I feel like if I do it right now it will be bad or I just don't know how to do it in the right way.

8 hours ago, Andyla04log said:

I'm not sure what to do and in the forum there is no much information about this (or a least I haven't seen it).

That's because SA is about tapering psychiatric drugs, not hormones.

I suggest you search on the internet for forums, websites, facebook groups for information about how to get off your birth control.

16 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

That's because SA is about tapering psychiatric drugs, not hormones.

I suggest you search on the internet for forums, websites, facebook groups for information about how to get off your birth control.

Thank you.