☼ Rockingchaircat: recovery from psychotropic drugs that were prescribed willy nilly.

Rockingchaircat

I've always detested Daylight Savings, both times in the year.  And I still do. Getting up an hour early has resulted in some minor re-experiencing of some of my withdrawal symptoms. After making the last entry- I got to enjoy some dizziness, nausea, and some skin burn on my right arm. Driving to work was a bit of a challenge- from warm comfy bed to driving in cold rainy weather.  I SOOOO wanted to be back inside warm comfy bed listening to the rain on my skylight instead. I had to fight off falling asleep more now, than the extended period of sleep deprivation- or so it seemed.

For some reason my right hand is colder than my left. I feel a bit of peckishness- but listening to what my body wants it says sweets, even though protein would be better. 

When it comes to coffee- I'm going to hold off for a long while. I'm going to wait until at least the one year anniversary of my antidepressant jump off- and go from there. July 18th, four months away. Hopefully by then my adrenals will have had a chance to rest up.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

Aaaaannnnnddddd I just got back from the Dentist. Luckily they had an opening today and I jumped for it. Why? I had a filling crack and fall out this morning. Loads of joy.  The jaw is still well numbed which makes eating lunch a challenge. A couple of hours off of work, and I still have to attend to another appointment this afternoon.

But I did get a break- the Dentist didn't charge me for this repair session. He's recommending a crown. Another thousand to drop. On top of everything else I've been having to fork out for.

1)Zoloft- 6/99 to 8/04 2)Escitalopram- 8/04 to 8/10 3)Citalopram 8/10 to 4/14 (C/T), 4)Paxil a week or so, 5)Wellbutrin a week or so, 6)Reinstated Citalopram- 9/14 to 7/15

Before Taper- Celexa/20 mg....Taper Start- 04/21/15- 15mg....05/26/15- 10 mg...06/22/15- 5 mg...07/18/15- 0mg. http://tinyurl.com/qjfoqe9 Ativan/Lorazepam use/taper 10/14 to 2/15- http://tinyurl.com/ljebp84

Baclofen- Intermittent use of from 2008 till 2014. Some use of Promethazine. Some use of Zofran. Clobetasol Propionate- for Lichen Planus. Some Flexeril use. 

Ativan- GABA,A receptor Agonist., Baclofen- GABA,B receptor Agonist., Celexa/Lexapro- Serotonin 5-HT1A Receptor Agonist., Zofran- Serotonin 5-HT3 Receptor Agonist..Promethazine- Histamine H1-Receptor Antagonist. Flexeril- Serotonin 5HT2a Antagonist.

My self imposed Amino Acid Therapy: Tyrosine 500mg 1xday, Theanine 200 mg 1xday, & Taurine 500 mg 2x day. (All neurotransitter pre-cursors)- seems to have helped me immensely. And of course- eating healthy, including Black Beans for the oligosaccharides for gut health.

The attempt to develop a sense of humor and to see things in a humorous light is some kind of trick learned while mastering the Art of Living. - Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning.

So upon arrival at home- another aggravating stress. As it turns out the heat pump repair wasn't going to be quite so simple after all (big surprise!). Instead of the warrantied part- another much harder to get to part is needing to be replaced and so they recommend replacing the whole kit and baboodle. Guesstimated end result? Between 6 and 8 thousand dollars.

And the moola spent for the warrantied part? 2/3'rds is essentially- for nothing. We get a 4 hundred dollar 'credit' to the much more expensive. Apparently they'll take a payment plan, cause goodness knows- we're gonna have to.

Top on that- Mr. Dentist didn't charge me because he wants me to go cap. That's another grand at least.

I may not be able to afford even a half way decent used car now.  No down payment.

We still have to eventually worry about paying for a new roof. And unless we get some kind of storm damage- we can kiss off homeowner's insurance helping.

And what ever medical bills happen to creep out of nowhere- we'll still have to pay for that too.

We managed to pay off the credit cards, and now this. The heat pump I paid for 7 years ago? P.O.S. A very expensive piece of....I was told that this thing would last 20 years.

A month or so ago I ended up paying for a new range. Wife wanted to see about getting a new fridge. Not now.

Well I'm hoping that all of this doesn't translate into some C/S tonight. But with the way my luck's been going, I'd not be surprised. Sometimes I just get the notion that there is some entity out there with my name on it's spit list.

Crap.

It's been two days since my last entry. Two days of crap. Upon going to bed the 14th, it was fall asleep, then immediately get woken by a C/S. All. Freaking. Night. Long.

So about the time I'd normally get up to get ready to go to work, instead i decided to take the day off- sick day. And so i went back to bed. And the C/S continued. All. Morning. Long. And all Afternoon. Long. I simply could not get any decent night's sleep.

I'd doze, either on my cpap in bed, or on the couch in the upright position, and I'd doze and get a C/S. Along about 4 in the afternoon I tried the bed again and I managed to sleep pretty much a whole hour. JOY! At 6 in the evening- I took an aspirin. At 8 I too 2mg Melatonin. I think I managed an hour long sleep each and every hour, but it's hard to be sure. This morning, I had the wife drive me to work. I'll need her to drive me home. Yet, if I do not go to work, I'm going stir crazy at home. 

Yet- I cannot keep this up. 3 days from now, will be 8 months off. Yes, I get the occasional day of good sleep. But they're far and few between it seems like. 

I don't want to reinstate. Yet it seems inevitable. My wife and daughter NEED me to be productive. 

So yeah- I'm having to weigh the good and the bad. 

Crap.

So to recap Monday.

1) Usual Monday morning stress.

2) Daylight savings time stress.

3) Broken filling stress. Told I need a cap. How to pay.

4) Urological Stress. 

5) Major expense repair bill stress. Reversing valve.

I remember a few years ago I get hit with these kind of things- and I just roll with the punches. Now it's like I've got a glassjaw.

March 17,2016 

I did manage to get some sleep last night. Somehow. Essentailly I'd fall asleep. Dream some intense dreams, and then wake up with a C/S. Repeat- endlessly. Wake up around a couple of hours before normal get up time- and stare at ceiling for an hour and a half. 

Cpap mouth farts. Temperature swings, weird tastes, smells, and the like- all during the night. Feel like I'm somewhat rested, I did manage to make it to work. Crappy sleep, but still it was an improvement. Ah Jeez. When will it improve?

I will get through this, I have to.

An improvement of sorts- I don't have any salt cravings. Other than the normal I'd guess.  What that means, I've no idea. I don't always feel my pulse pounding away. And sometimes it feels as if my blood pressure is much less than it should be.  So if anything else- it's a change.

I've been making myself laugh at the anxiety when it comes. On the off chance that I'll get another window. Wait and see.

The anxiety attacks of the morning have been delayed the last couple of days. 

Last nights dreams- I've taken note that I've been waking up breathing deeply often hard. It turns out now that EVERY dream I have is a mixture of intense dreaming and C/S. Every single one. Now.  The earlier respite of pre-midnight dreaming being free of the C/S is gone. But I still managed to get some sleep intermixed with insomnia.

Joy.

Currently- I can nap without C/S. See how long it takes before that goes away too.

Is C/S , Cortisol Surge ?     Wasn't sure. That was my best guess.    If it is , it does get better . It may take a while , though . I'm almost 2 years out , and I still get them occasionally , but it's decreasing incrementally .  This process , teaches patience !    :blink: 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

C/S = Cortisol Surge. Yes.

Thanks AliG. I know it is supposed to get better. It's like the flu- you KNOW you'll get better. But all you can dwell upon is ...right now.  Trying to find that joy. It's hard to remember that.  But I shall continue.

2 years out for you, and you've been on tons more types. I'm sorry you have to go through all that crap.

I wish you the best.

Someday I was get a good night's sleep regularly. Someday my anxiety attacks will be minimal.

I got a halfway decent night's sleep last night.

Go to bed at the usual- sleep for about 40 minutes- wake up- and it's "Restless leg Energy time".  A lot longer than 'usual'. This time an hour and a half. Eventually I fall back asleep- and NO C/S. Until my usual wake up time. 

I was able to go back to bed after an hour and dozed for about an hour and a half. Weird feeling that is.

I think I'm just gonna have to lay off the melatonin for a while.

This morning- still some anxiety attacks and the like. I just have to take it day by day.

I got my lien release paperwork in the mail yesterday. After work I went ahead and took it to the DMV. I should be getting my title in the mail in roughly a month. Something I should've done 9 years ago. Better late than never.

Of course with the anxiety- I've been beating myself up something fierce over it.

But if I hadn't taken the time to do it (title/DMV) I'd have been fretting about all weekend long.  I'll find something else to fret about. 

Another halfway decent sleep.  I only got a C/S at my usual get up time (0400). So I went to the bathroom and then went back to bed for another hour. Nice. Getting up seems to help when they arrive. 

A bit less on the anxiety side of the house this morning- though the depression is as good as ever.  

The wife and I went out for breakfast today (Original Pancake House) along with the kid.  It was good and bad. Bad in that I looked over the menu and saw everything that tasted good yet I could not touch because of my current sensitivities. Perhaps someday I'll be able to eat the stuff again. It's annoying to go to a "Pancake" place and then eat ham and eggs and oatmeal. They make good coffee there too, but I can't touch it.

But- all in all, dropping the coffee seems to be paying off. Even though I've been having at least one cry every day.  Yesterday I was obsessed with finding a group home for the kid to live in. Today- wait and see.

A bit of a salt craving- but no where near as bad as before. A double handful of pretzels and some cranberry juice for a snack.

I've been going through the garage and picking and choosing. What to keep and what to get rid of.  I think I've thrown away a lot of things that I'll never need nor want again. Yet the packrat in me insists I've made a grave mistake.

Getting off of the A/D's- you learn to put up with not only learning to deal with the withdrawals from same, you also get the bonus of learning to live with depression.

Joy.

Hi Rockingchaircat,

I'm going to encourage you to lay off the caffeine and other supplements/meds. I've found that I'm extremely sensitive to any stimulants at all right now, including chocolate unfortunately. I've cut everything out, and my amitriptiline dose is down to .375 as of today, if all goes well I should be off in about 2 weeks. I'm already sleeping much better, and I think a lot of that is because I've chosen not to take anything at all to help with sleep or side effects.

Sarah

1975--first signs of depression

1981--started on imipramine (Tofranil) for IBS and depression

1983-1986--severe depression, rotated through several drugs, on MAOI for one year, eventually back to tricyclics

1986-1994--chronic low grade depression, on tricyclics

1994-96--severe depression, rotated through several drugs inc. Prozax, Effexor, etc..

1996-2013--chronic low grade depression, SAD, on amitryptiline usual dose 12.5-25mg

flurazepam (Dalmane) as needed for insomnia

2013--developed temazepam (Restoril) dependance for 2 months, tapered off over 1 month

started bio-identical progesterone 5 mg., depression has lifted completely to this day

March 2016--forced to c/t both amitryptiline and flurazepam, zolpidem not helpful

reinstated small dose (.5 mg) amitryptiline due to stomach issues and tapering w/titration

June 19th--jumped from amitryptiline--drug free!

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for your service and sorry for all you've been through since you got home!

I took 20 mg. of Lexapro for approximately 15 years, and am a week into attempting to quit cold turkey. Went cold turkey approximately 3/3/16.  I attempted cold turkey in the past and ended up back on the medication.  When I started taking the drug, I was at 10 mg, which was increased to 20. 3/15 reinstated, started at approx. 2.5 mg.

Hi Rockingchaircat,

I'm going to encourage you to lay off the caffeine and other supplements/meds. I've found that I'm extremely sensitive to any stimulants at all right now, including chocolate unfortunately. I've cut everything out, and my amitriptiline dose is down to .375 as of today, if all goes well I should be off in about 2 weeks. I'm already sleeping much better, and I think a lot of that is because I've chosen not to take anything at all to help with sleep or side effects.

Sarah

Thanks Sarabera, but I intend to stay off of the caffeine for at least a couple of months AFTER I've decided I've returned to something resembling 'normalcy'- whatever that is.  And yes- that includes chocolate. And as it turns out as well- milk products. 

As to the Melatonin- I'm laying off of that stuff entirely. I've only taken it 3 times, and only once did it have no effect. The other two times I had to take some time off of work to deal with the after effects. I ended up burning off two full sick days.

The other supplements? Well, I had been not healing as quick without the Vitamin C.  A dental filling that left my gum bleeding for about a month after everytime I flossed- stopped within a couple of days after starting the C. 

I'll see what else happens.

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for your service and sorry for all you've been through since you got home!

Thanks, seeing your signature- I really recommend not going Cold Turkey on your Lexapro. I understand the desire to get off of the stuff. Believe me I know. I've C/T myself- and regretted it every time.

Please AmyN- taper properly.

Well, my mini window (portal?) of lesser symptoms (little to no C/S at night) is officially ended at 2 a.m. this morning. And forget about getting back to sleep to catch a few more Z's... Cause the fear stayed. Relaxation techniques? Bah! The fear stayed. Hypothetically I got some sleep last night. Wait and see what happens today.

The human body- intelligently designed all righty. Because whatever time we've designated our getting up- two hours before that is when we get our C/S. I read it across the board.

But...Three windows in three weeks. 2-4 days long each. I try not to hope. Because it's gonna get dashed all too soon.

Once more- into the breach.

Well I still managed a nap before work- and it helped. Of course I also managed to cry as well. The C/S of last night was unusual- in it's intensity and it's placement. I still recall the dream in which it occurred. And the events that led up to it happening could be considered a nightmare of sorts.  It was strange in that it didn't seem to be quite so intense when it happened. And, the pulse pounding quieted down in fairly short order. Naturally the level of fear continued to prevent me from continuing a decent morning's sleep. 

The usual morning anxiety is definitely at a low ebb. Almost imperceptible. But it's there, waiting for something anything for me to obsess over. 

Yesterday- I was cranky. Despite being able to sleep. And I was depressed. I've been putting all of the nervous energy to work in helping me with household chores. I've decided that I've been a packrat for far too long. And as such- I'm getting rid of stuff that's LONG overdue for being rid of. And as such I've rediscovered a lot of items that I'd forgotten I had. All too often I find myself thinking: "I've got a use for that- what I'm not sure, but I will probably find something".

Yesterday i took the kid to one of her current favorite spots- a local flea market. I saw some items that normally I'd have gotten all snaky over- before Antidepressant Withdrawal. Now? I was curious about them, but I had no desire to acquire them. Which was a nice change. 

Coming to think of it, I have been noticing that the vast majority of withdrawal symptoms- that yes I do still get them. BUT, they seem to be occurring with less intensity, lasting not quite so long. And the times they occur- less predictable. Today after breakfast- I had nausea. Which went away within 10 minutes.

Appetite is often hit or miss. I had to think about whether or not a handful of pretzels and some juice really constituted a meal.

• Moderator Emeritus

RCC, I always love reading your posts because you make me laugh!  As horrible as it all sounds, you remain humorous and analytical, and that resonates with me ;-)

I'm glad that you can see the silver lining, the general improvement trend - woohoo!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

I think my biggest gripe is: Sleep Deprivation. Yeah I know- there's nothing to do about that, other than wait for it to come back.  Which in my (and so many other folks' cases) is caused by cortisol surges/panic attacks in the night.

As it is- I've been on light duty since roughly April of 2014. My boss is VERY understanding and has made many allowances for this, my condition. April 2014 (original C/T). But my job requires me to drive a lot. And for the most part- that's not been too difficult to do. But like all things, there are extremes to deal with- several of the places I have to drive to- are 3-4 hours just to get to a place. Sometimes I'd be required to spend the night. Which is a logistical nightmare if I don't bring my CPAP. 

Light Duty = often being bored out of my mind. Net surfing, to a very limited extent- everything is SFW. I can try studying, and I have done so many times. But like everything else- for the studying to be effective I need sleep for me to remember details.   Catch-22.

So, even if I managed to be magically cured right now this instant- it'd be a couple of months more of mine before my boss and his lieutenant making sure I truly was up to doing my particulars before my workload be considered to be increased. 

All this boils down to: Mind numbingly bored out of my gourd, with far too much time to overthink things. 

Yeah I've got a ton of chores I could do at home- but that's gotta wait till I'm at home. I cannot/will not sneak off to do them while on the clock- that'd be an immediate dismissal. And I cannot afford that. I may as well slit my wrists if that happened.

So yeah. All of the other symptoms; depression, anxiety, nausea, etc. ...I've more or less learned to allow for that on the job and can find a work around. Depression- give myself some time and do it anyways. Anxiety- breathing techniques and meditation. Nausea- usually wait until it passes.  

But sleep deprivation? I'm not allowed to nap. And that's exactly what I'd need. The problem also being that invariably I'd need to start driving almost from the get go. One cannot take a nap whilst driving.

So those who read- now you'd probably understand my obsession with the sleeping. 

I'm sure my cooworkers are probably dog tired of hearing me. Ah heck, I'm tired of mine whining. 

I look at humanity, and I see all the terrible things we do  to ourselves and more importantly to each other. And I wonder, does humanity even deserve to exist?

• Moderator Emeritus

One cannot take a nap whilst driving.

I look at humanity, and I see all the terrible things we do  to ourselves and more importantly to each other. And I wonder, does humanity even deserve to exist?

Driver-less cars are overdue!!  Agreed on that last sentiment.  I spend too much time worrying about the world today...

Have you tried tapping (Emotional Freedom Techniques) yet?  What supplements are you currently taking and when?

I have used tapping when I wake in the night, though I'll admit my waking is not about cortisol spikes, just garden-variety waking with trouble falling back asleep.  For that, a few rounds of tapping usually put me back to sleep.  

Lack of sleep is very distressing, no need saying!

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

I will try the tapping. It's worth a shot. 

Supplements: Vitamin D. Vitamin C. B-complex, Magnesium, Calcium, Omega-3, the occasional niacinamide, and some chamomille tea left by my bathroom sink for when I invariably get up in the middle of the night for whatevers. (Usually after cortisol spike).

A two day window- of no nighttime spikes. I had plenty of daytime anxiety and depression. That's the kind of life I'd not enjoy, but I could tolerate.  

• Moderator Emeritus

You might also ditch the B-complex for awhile and see if that makes a difference...have you tried eliminating it before?  I've read that it can be activating for some.  I've often found warm milk to be helpful to get me to sleep or back to sleep.  

I hope it goes better tonight!

SG

I shall try ditching the B-complex. for a few days. And see what happens. After all, after last night I'm willing to try. One damnable C/S after another. Unfortunately milk and I don't get along anymore.

C/S. All freaking night. I am under the suspicion that windows come along for one reason only: To torment us.

I am awake and somewhat rested, but that's been my state of affairs for nigh on 2  years. Right now I'm trying to summon up enough enthusiasm to eat the food I prepped for breakfast. (Chicken soup and some tea).

I've noticed that I can summon a window one of two ways: deprive myself of sleep- such as spending many hours in an emergency room late at night. Or, by taking some melatonin to 'catch up' on sleep, then spending a day or two napping, as opposed to sleeping, then spending another day or two not really sleeping, then getting a decent night's sleep for a day or two. Then after the window- back to the same old same old.  Cortisol surges.

Or, I get hope. Spend a day actually doing something constructive, interacting with someone else. Chessie cat's link to relieving anxiety, helped me through one weekend- which was thoroughly dashed by real life come the following Monday.

I have some scheduled vacation coming up. But I refuse to allow myself anything approaching hope. Because I know it'll be dashed. Instead I'm awaiting to see just how fiendish my 'recovering brain' can be conjuring up another way to outsmart my efforts to recover quicker.

• Mentor

Thanks for the empathy ChessieCat.

My Nightly Report for: 03/10/2016
1)      Light therapy- Nope, I forgot.
2)      Supplements-Usual.+ Vitamin C, Fish Oil. B-complex. Magnesium tabs Vitamin D, Chamomile Tea.
3)      Exercise- Indoor Bike.
4)      Diet- Intermittent.
5)      Meditation-Yes
6)      Naps- during Meditation.
7)      Orgasm- Meh.
8 )      Caffeine- Eliminated
9)      Sleep Type-  half and half.
10)   Day time stressors- workplace boring.

Ok, last night I drank some chamomile tea before bed, and kept the rest in the bathroom for when I inevitably woke up after a C/S. I was rewarded with a C/S an hour after going to bed.  And more of them every one to two hours after. Nevertheless- I think I was able to relax enough to get at least 6 hours of sleep in total. But all things told- the elimination of the coffee seems to have done a wonder- my daytime anxiety has been reduced even more to almost nonexistent! YAY! Oh I still get some if I dwell on bad things too long, but it's easier to get rid of it.
The ACCEPTANCE phase. I'm starting to morph into that. Viktor Frankl, author of: Man's Search For Happiness- had a bit to say concerning it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man%27s_Search_for_MeaningAnd this is from a man who survived the Auschwitz Death Camp. It's an uphill battle in the rain- but I'm still working on it.
The workplace- it's a low time, not much to do. But they've also been very patient with me and allowing me a whole bunch of slack. It still hurts to be excluded from things even though I know I'm not capable of them.
I've read here on SA and elsewhere that some feel that fluoride has something to do with our continuing problems. Blame all you want- but my drinking water and tap water is un-fluoridated.

Has the non fluoridated water helped?  My study at the moment.......................agggh!  I worked in pathology, ie blood tests etc, etc............. I asked for a fluoride test,  took six weeks, and damn no reference ranges, not even the damn g/L or mm/litre.....................nothing!!!!!!!!!!! In my whole life working in pathology, never ever an ambiguous result like that, yeah                no information, why no information?                       Hope you are feeling well, just find ing links to fluoride!  thanks

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Thanks for the empathy ChessieCat.

My Nightly Report for: 03/10/2016
1)      Light therapy- Nope, I forgot.
2)      Supplements-Usual.+ Vitamin C, Fish Oil. B-complex. Magnesium tabs Vitamin D, Chamomile Tea.
3)      Exercise- Indoor Bike.
4)      Diet- Intermittent.
5)      Meditation-Yes
6)      Naps- during Meditation.
7)      Orgasm- Meh.
8 )      Caffeine- Eliminated
9)      Sleep Type-  half and half.
10)   Day time stressors- workplace boring.

Ok, last night I drank some chamomile tea before bed, and kept the rest in the bathroom for when I inevitably woke up after a C/S. I was rewarded with a C/S an hour after going to bed.  And more of them every one to two hours after. Nevertheless- I think I was able to relax enough to get at least 6 hours of sleep in total. But all things told- the elimination of the coffee seems to have done a wonder- my daytime anxiety has been reduced even more to almost nonexistent! YAY! Oh I still get some if I dwell on bad things too long, but it's easier to get rid of it.
The ACCEPTANCE phase. I'm starting to morph into that. Viktor Frankl, author of: Man's Search For Happiness- had a bit to say concerning it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man%27s_Search_for_MeaningAnd this is from a man who survived the Auschwitz Death Camp. It's an uphill battle in the rain- but I'm still working on it.
The workplace- it's a low time, not much to do. But they've also been very patient with me and allowing me a whole bunch of slack. It still hurts to be excluded from things even though I know I'm not capable of them.
I've read here on SA and elsewhere that some feel that fluoride has something to do with our continuing problems. Blame all you want- but my drinking water and tap water is un-fluoridated.

Has the non fluoridated water helped?  My study at the moment.......................agggh!  I worked in pathology, ie blood tests etc, etc............. I asked for a fluoride test,  took six weeks, and damn no reference ranges, not even the damn g/L or mm/litre.....................nothing!!!!!!!!!!! In my whole life working in pathology, never ever an ambiguous result like that, yeah                no information, why no information?                       Hope you are feeling well, just find ing links to fluoride!  thanks

Both my tap water and my drinking water- are non-fluoridated. The tap water is a local community output- heavily against 'Big Government", and the drinking water comes in carboys for access- ostensibly obtained from a nearby spring.

As I've been using the drinking water for my entire withdrawal, I cannot say for sure if it's been beneficial or not.  But I've not had it tested for fluoride or not.  The most fluoride I'm exposed to is the toothpaste.

Marathon, not a sprint. With reduced sleep it often feels like a death march. 

I find myself doing 'better' relatively speaking- when it's a warm(ish) sunny(ish) day. As luck would have it, Oregon has had it's wettest, gloomiest, winter in some time. Was it only a couple of months ago I got the "Happy Light"? January it was I believe. Yes it does help, but REAL sunlight does me much more good. Yes I can lounge about like a cat for short periods.  But after awhile I get cabin fever. After all the nervous energy seldom abates.

Sunday night/Monday morning C/S- 2 in the morning.  I managed some sleep.

Monday night/Tuesday morning C/S- 9 in the evening. And all through the night. Now could I say it's an improvement? Marginally, yes. As the 9 in the evening (hour after going to bed). Improved in that I managed to go through most if not all of the dreaming sequence before waking up.  Since November- it's been by and large- wake up from the first few seconds of dreaming. And I got to enjoy sleep surfing all the night long. I of course attempt to go back to bed/sleep but I'm rewarded with an anxiety attack, for some reason I think of my daughter alone and my "protective daddy' instincts go into overdrive- thinking of her alone without anyone nearby to help.  Just typing that, is enough to make it flare.  She's managed so far, but one cannot assume that such will continue. The thought of her locking herself out of her apartment, or being harassed,.....

Right now I'm stuffing myself with rice krispie treats. Why? It's about the only thing I'm willing to eat. 

Cloudy Urine. The last few weeks, my urine has been cloudy in the night. Monday night- it was normal/clear. Last night- extra cloudy. Go figure. But never during the daytime, only the night.

R.C.      These   " cortisol "  surges , that you are having , are a good sign of the body " healing" and  progress being made .  The body / brain is in a stage of auto - correction , after the assault of the drugs .  It is trying to get back to some sort of " homeostasis " !

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

R.C.      These   " cortisol "  surges , that you are having , are a good sign of the body " healing" and  progress being made .  The body / brain is in a stage of auto - correction , after the assault of the drugs .  It is trying to get back to some sort of " homeostasis " !

Ali

I'd love to help it reach homeostasis whilst I still have a tenuous hold on sanity.

Wouldn't we all !    :)     LOL.     :unsure:    Definitely , something to strive for  !

On another's advice I withheld the B-complex in the usual assortment.  Result- is mixed. I find myself becoming more and more zombie like. Life is either grey or pain. I can't remember when the last time I felt happy.  It's like it's either discomfort or discomfort lite. About the only timie I can feel anything close to contenttment is when I'm asleep in a dream- which sadyly, isn't very often enough. Because invariably- the C/S interjects itself.

They come now, randomly. One night it's almost none, another night it's every damned time I fall asleep. Last night I tried going to be early, and in the end I got two sets of dreams disturbed in the arly part, most of the night nothing, and then insomnia/doze surf until it's time to get up.

I think  of reinstatement- but then I read of others who have done so and it takes them weeks if not months to stabilize. And then they're back to square one. I feel trapped. 

Yesterday a colleague invited me to ride along with him to Cape Blanco. It ended up in overtime. Most of it just inspired me to reminisce about how nice the last time I was there- on an antidepressant and productive. 

Breakfast today- two slices of toast with jam, and water. I could eat more, but such holds no allure. I'm limited in what I can eat, and invariably it's bland. Dull, tasteless, and way too much salt on it.

Yesterday to alleviate the food doldrums I had vanilla chex, with some vanilla rice milk. And some sugar, I couldn't finish it. Just too damned sweet. 

The friend who helped me through the last depression is depressed. Her husband has bladder cancer, it's aggressive, and the insurance company has denied his doc to do a full body scan to see if it's spread. He's drawing into himself, and she's depressed too. The inevitable is occuring, and I can do nothing to help.  

Even during the last window- I still felt anxiety attacks.

It's seems my lot is to suffer.

R.C.    While  , a   B- complex can be tricky , there are a few other ways to get "  B  " in your life , naturally , through food . Also Brewers yeast or Nutritional yeast .

Instead of " jam & toast " which is  " nutritionally devoid  "  , perhaps you could try a  " green  smoothie " !   Just a thought .   You could certainly " ditch " the sugar . It will be doing you " no favors "  in the long or short term .   Sugar isn't the greatest thing for depression , to put it mildly .  Don't even get me started !

Ali

The problem with smoothies: It's dairy and dairy gives me an allergic reaction.

R.C .  No.   No dairy !   Greens , lemon juice   and a bit of fruit  .   There are many recipes out there .   Just google . To get you started , though  :

Basic recipe  : 1 /2 to 1 banana

1/2 apple

spinach / kale  ( lots )

juice of a lemon

Water  ( mineral water ) preferably .

Can add stevia .

Give it a shot . Much better than toast !

Ali

Another problem, I'm on blood thinners- thus the (lots) of spinach and kale...can counteract the blood thinner.   I'm so messed up in more than one way.