SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Happy2Heal: Hope I'm doing this right

Happy2Heal

• Mentor
2 hours ago, apace41 said:

H2H -- you are one of the truly inspirational success stories we have on the forum.

thanks Andy but I've got a ways to go before I can write a success story.  ;)

I still have some mild waves, so I'll feel a lot more secure and solid as more time passes.

I hope things are going well for you.

which reminds me, I think it's helpful to note that I personally have a relatively stress free life. I'm not raising children, or working, I don't have any major financial stresses or family situations to deal with, so that's got to be a factor. 

I've been very lucky.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • Dec 2023 Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

With such exposure to so many drugs, you deserve a stress-free, drug-free life!

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

H2H

hi

Thank you for sticking around on the forum. You could walk away now that you are feeling good. But I so appreciate you posting your insights to healthy eating and other tools that have helped you get to where you are today. 

I am so happy for you! And you are my inspiration. You give me hope that I also can recover. Many posts increase my anxiety. Yours are calming and hopeful. 

Thank you!!!!  xx Lg

Lex  4.3mg,  3/2/18  Ativan ,5 mg,  lunesta 2 mg , toprol  25 mg                                                            

Oct 16-28 2018 C/O to 19 mg V from 1.5 mg Ativan, 1.3 mg lunesta 

jan 22 2019- 11 mg V

jan 23 - pneumonia, 2 AB’s. 

Hold taper

july 5- 10.72 V

July 6- 11 mg V- ugly bad

july 11- 10.72 mg V, 4.3 lex, 

25 mg toprol

• Mentor
25 minutes ago, Survivor1 said:

With such exposure to so many drugs, you deserve a stress-free, drug-free life!

thank you

so do you, so do we all!!!

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

it looks like you are winning the battle, congratulations on this!

how is your sleep now? do you still have insomnia? how many hours a night get and how many times wake up? do you take any supplements for sleep? sorry for all the questions

poor sleep is the only symptom I have left now, my sleep is constantly up and down, some nights sleep 4 hours, some rare nights sleep 8 hours, most nights its around 6 1/2 with 2 or 3 awakenings, usually always wake up a few times however recently starting to get quite few 4 -5 hours solid since using blue light block glasses and black out curtains, its so unpredictable every night!

keep up the healing,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Mentor
24 minutes ago, Littlegrandma said:

H2H

hi

Thank you for sticking around on the forum. You could walk away now that you are feeling good. But I so appreciate you posting your insights to healthy eating and other tools that have helped you get to where you are today. 

I am so happy for you! And you are my inspiration. You give me hope that I also can recover. Many posts increase my anxiety. Yours are calming and hopeful. 

Thank you!!!!  xx Lg

how are you doing LG? I must hop on over to your thread to see!

and you're welcome. 

you can and will recover LG, I truly believe that.  :)

I do not feel like any kind of special case.

I think I"m just lucky that I learned (and have to keep re learning and reminding myself, LOL) that what we focus on, grows. Focus on health, and your health improves. Focus on illness, and you will just see more and more signs of illness.

it's simple, but it's not always easy.

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

poor sleep is the only symptom I have left now, my sleep is constantly up and down, some nights sleep 4 hours, some rare nights sleep 8 hours, most nights its around 6 1/2 with 2 or 3 awakenings, usually always wake up a few times however recently starting to get quite few 4 -5 hours solid since using blue light block glasses and black out curtains, its so unpredictable every night!

DJ2010,

If that quality of sleep is the only symptom you have at this point, you are doing great!  It will slowly improve but it is a process and you should be pleased with where you are.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Happy2Heal said:

thanks Andy but I've got a ways to go before I can write a success story.  ;)

I still have some mild waves, so I'll feel a lot more secure and solid as more time passes.

I understand you have not yet formally claimed "success" but I consider the recovery you have made to date a success.  I agree that you will feel more secure and solid as time passes.  You will plant your "flag in the ground" as and when you are ready.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Mentor
5 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

ow is your sleep now? do you still have insomnia? how many hours a night get and how many times wake up? do you take any supplements for sleep? sorry for all the questions

hi dj2010

sleep was the thing that took the longest to get back to normal, whatever normal is LOL
I don't keep track of hours, but I can tell you that I generally only wake up once to go to the bathroom and to adjust the heat, if needed.

I rarely have trouble falling asleep and most times, if I wake up earlier than I wanted to,  I can fall back asleep. if not, I just rest for a bit til it's time to get up

I have that rare nite when I wake up with a cortisol surge and feel icky for awhile but it never lasts more than maybe 20 mins? this only seems to happen if I've over eaten the day before or if I ate too close to bedtime.  

I expect to have more improvements as time goes on. 

I don't take any supplements for sleep. I was taking glycine but it went paradoxical on me, and caused anxiety and sleeplessness.

I only take magnesium taurate, biotin, vit D3 and once a week, B12 because I'm in the process of going back to a vegan diet. I take those in the morning.

yeh this is awesome! I admit I was worried that I'd have that horrible insomnia for the rest of my life and was trying to find a way to accept it. I'm extremely grateful to not have to be concerned about that any more!!

• Mentor
8 minutes ago, apace41 said:

If that quality of sleep is the only symptom you have at this point, you are doing great!  It will slowly improve but it is a process and you should be pleased with where you are.

oh I totally agree with this!!!
you are very very close to being totally healed now dj2010

just relax and coast on thru to the finish line, you're nearly there!!

good for you!!

• Mentor
8 minutes ago, apace41 said:

I understand you have not yet formally claimed "success" but I consider the recovery you have made to date a success.  I agree that you will feel more secure and solid as time passes.  You will plant your "flag in the ground" as and when you are ready.

oh ok, I can agree with that! :D

• Mentor

for Rosetta and anyone else interested in my "diet" 

29 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

hi dj2010

sleep was the thing that took the longest to get back to normal, whatever normal is LOL
I don't keep track of hours, but I can tell you that I generally only wake up once to go to the bathroom and to adjust the heat, if needed.

I rarely have trouble falling asleep and most times, if I wake up earlier than I wanted to,  I can fall back asleep. if not, I just rest for a bit til it's time to get up

I have that rare nite when I wake up with a cortisol surge and feel icky for awhile but it never lasts more than maybe 20 mins? this only seems to happen if I've over eaten the day before or if I ate too close to bedtime.  

I expect to have more improvements as time goes on. 

I don't take any supplements for sleep. I was taking glycine but it went paradoxical on me, and caused anxiety and sleeplessness.

I only take magnesium taurate, biotin, vit D3 and once a week, B12 because I'm in the process of going back to a vegan diet. I take those in the morning.

yeh this is awesome! I admit I was worried that I'd have that horrible insomnia for the rest of my life and was trying to find a way to accept it. I'm extremely grateful to not have to be concerned about that any more!!

thanks so much for your reply, this has given me a huge morale boost!  glycine also went paradoxical on me, must of tried every supplement for sleep now lol

yeh been a lot of moments during this whole process where thought that maybe will have poor sleep for life so always looking out for any positive stories like yours to lift morale,

34 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

oh I totally agree with this!!!
you are very very close to being totally healed now dj2010

just relax and coast on thru to the finish line, you're nearly there!!

good for you!!

thanks again, yes starting to be more relaxed now and letting it all ride its course,

refreshing to read positive posts like yours, will look forward to reading your success story

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

13 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

oh yes the neuro emotions of WD are intense. shockingly intense.

I had to keep repeatedly reminding myself that feelings are not facts, that feeling hopeless was not the same things being hopeless, etc

you are so courageous to hold on for your daughter's sake. she may never know just how much you went thru nor how strong you've been, but I am sure she will appreciate it (even if she never shows it, as our children seldom do lol)

sorry you've had a rough day, I hope tomorrow is much better.

Thank you.  I needed to hear that.  The emotions are very intense this morning, too.  Trying to cope. -R

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Mentor

if you want to read a truly inspiring story check out Chia's

Chia is about 5 yrs younger than I am but was started on psych meds at the tender age of 13 (not 18 as in my case)

her drug history is about as long as mine, I think I totalled 43 years if you count my tapering off lexapro, which I tend not to count for some reason. 
in my mind, as soon as I decided I was getting off and staying off it, the amnt I took to taper wasn't worth considering, or something, I don't know LOL

anyway Chia just updated:

Thank you for your kind note on my thread.  It's so nice to see you have made it to a good place!  I really appreciate your support. Have a beautiful day!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Mentor
On 3/18/2018 at 5:56 PM, Rosetta said:

Have a beautiful day!

you too. <3

• Mentor

anyone know anything about lead poisoning?

I subscribe to Nutrition facts.org and today's video is about lead in bone broth, eggs etc

It says lead is a neurotoxin. I thought lead was only a concern for growing children.

now I am wondering if I should have my lead level tested?
I have an issue in my apt that may be causing lead exposure but I also lost a lot of wt, and am in menopause, two times when lead stored in your bones is released into your system

I'm not super worried about this, or even "worried" at all, but just curious if it's something I should look into, in case my tinnitus could be caused by something like that.....

or any other "wave" symptoms

(yep having a "wavy" day lol not bad, just annoying)

here's a link to that video for anyone interested:

https://youtu.be/PgAlIqnIop8

EDIT:

nevermind, I found more videos listed under this one about how lead can affect adults and now I'm going to watch the ones about foods that might help remove lead from your body

https://youtu.be/CXD_hh8zRiY

I think I would want to avoid lead in WD and any time.  It's more obvious in children because they are growing their brains, but I don't think adults are home free when it comes to lead affecting us.  We simply don't notice it.  I'm not sure how I would proceed. Is there anything that can be done about it if you have lead in your bones?

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Mentor
5 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Is there anything that can be done about it if you have lead in your bones?

hi Rosetta

I haven't finished watching the videos (actually I just read the transcripts underneath) but apparently our bodies remove lead from our blood and deposit it in our bones; we all apparently have lead there.

I just updated/edited my post so you can see, there's some videos about all that

I need to go thru those and see what can be done

I hate drs and would rather solve any potential issue on my own ;)

13 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

I hate drs and would rather solve any potential issue on my own ;)

I hear ya!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Mentor

woohoo, more healing has been happening!!

I am now able to sleep long enough that I have dreams, lots of them. some are admittedly kinda disturbing, but they are just dreams and I can shake them off as soon as I get up. others are just the way I remember dreaming oh, so long ago LOL

not having any really good dreams, most are kind of neutral. but that's ok

I also feel like I've gotten more settled into myself, it's hard to explain.

I don't think I've had any waves recently but I do have some bad memories of how things were a year ago, and I get little anxiety attacks from that. Like a PTSD thing. I have no trouble thinking about 2 yrs ago, but memories of this time last year are just filled with the awfulness of what I was going thru, and how I coped with it. Some of those things I still do, but not because I feel I need to as a distraction from the WD symptoms, but rather because they're things I enjoy doing. But sometimes being in the same place, with the same ppl and doing the same things, I get a deja vous feeling that is just eww so icky and makes me want to run out of the room and go anywhere else.

Funny how my memories seem to be attached to places. 
does that happen to anyone else?

anyway, just popping in with an update on my recovery.

I am starting to branch out and make plans to do things that I never could have handled even a few months ago. I'm going to an event to volunteer and I hope to get a part time volunteer job afterward, if I like what they do there and like the people well enough. this event is a good way to check it out in advance without having to commit to anything.

also going to a casino next month for the first (and probably last LOL) time ever. I don't have money to gamble away, but my friends really want me to go on this trip and it's not too terribly expensive so what the heck. They say the 2 1/2 hr bus ride there and back is part of the fun, there's a lady on the bus who kinda entertains you and whatnot. 

life is good. :)

I'm getting to the point where I almost take feeling good for granted.

So great to hear you are feeling better and better.  Makes sense that there are occasional flickers of the wd memories, you have been through a lot. 

Thanks for posting, it's Inspirational to hear your healing news.  

Hibari 

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

• Mentor
18 minutes ago, Hibari said:

So great to hear you are feeling better and better.  Makes sense that there are occasional flickers of the wd memories, you have been through a lot. 

Thanks for posting, it's Inspirational to hear your healing news.  

Hibari 

thank you for your continued support, Hibari

I just found an old email to my sister for July of 2015, when I started the most recent and final taper off the lexapro, according to the email, I was at 40mgs not 30 or even 20.

Initially dropping the dose made me sleep too much, I had not remembered that so it was interesting to see the email. 

holy cow, I went way too fast!! but you know, in the past, I went off psych meds with very little trouble, depending on what the med was, it's just these SSRIs that have been awful. 

or anything I took at very high doses, like the seroquel, that was bad but it was almost all physical symptoms, mostly neuropathy in my feet as I recall.

anyway, I am doing my best to still get gentle exercise, keep to a regular schedule and eat well most of the time. I figure better safe than sorry, you know?

how are you doing?

38 minutes ago, Happy2Heal said:

I also feel like I've gotten more settled into myself

Wonderful! :)

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg

Almost all casinos offer penny slot machines. You can play for hours and only lose a few dollars.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Mentor
34 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Almost all casinos offer penny slot machines. You can play for hours and only lose a few dollars.

hahahah seriously?!?! penny machines? wow maybe I'll do that.

my friends are probably going to play Bingo mostly, which I'm not esp fond of (knowing how bad the odds are) but they are very excited to have me join them, as they believe that newbies are lucky.

so I guess I'm the designated "lucky charm" on this trip LOL

it should be fun. I never do stuff like this, so it's a way to christen my new drug free life, I g guess

:)

• Mentor

just putting this here cuz I think it's worth a watch, esp for those of us who thought our drug was 'working' (as I did, for a very long time)

https://youtu.be/n7IkyDlWxrE

4 hours ago, wantrelief said:

:)

4 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

thank you for your continued support, Hibari

I just found an old email to my sister for July of 2015, when I started the most recent and final taper off the lexapro, according to the email, I was at 40mgs not 30 or even 20.

Initially dropping the dose made me sleep too much, I had not remembered that so it was interesting to see the email. 

holy cow, I went way too fast!! but you know, in the past, I went off psych meds with very little trouble, depending on what the med was, it's just these SSRIs that have been awful. 

or anything I took at very high doses, like the seroquel, that was bad but it was almost all physical symptoms, mostly neuropathy in my feet as I recall.

anyway, I am doing my best to still get gentle exercise, keep to a regular schedule and eat well most of the time. I figure better safe than sorry, you know?

how are you doing?

Sounds like the steady steps of self-care are really working.  I get the "most of the time" eating well part too.  

I'm okay, have gone through more windows and waves after my last cut as opposed what I had been used to, which is one big wave and then more of a steady stabilizing. I'm at a lower dose and still learning about not doing too much - my nervous system can't handle it. 

9/2013-4/2014:  After moms death, was prescribed a series of meds for short periods of time that didn't work. Zoloft, Lexapro,  Nortriptyline, Liquid Prozac, Cymbalta. 

1/2014-9/2014. Clonzapam: Given Lamictal, stopped Clonzapam at .125mgs  

1/2015-4 2017 Remeron: 41.25 -0.025mgs

7/2015-11/2018 Lamictal: 200mgs-0.05 mgs Had paradoxical reaction to Lamictal wd, broke my heart to take a benzo but wasn't sleeping. 

3/28/2019 -2/5/ 2021  Clonazapam: 0.625mgs-.00115 Med Free 

July 27th, 2022**Severe Setback due to surgery/ anesthesia. 

9/7/22-10/4/22 Trazadone 50-100mgs for sleep, 10/13/22-11/13/22 Trazadone 1 mg to stabilize

10/4/22-11/20/22 Remeron 7.5mgs (for sleep doesn't work) 11/20/22 7.3 - 12/31/22 6.3 

2023: 1/18/23 6.1 - 6/6/23 3.6  6/16 3.4  6/28 3.0 7/12 2.7  7/28 2.5 8/11 2.2 8/23 2.0  9/5 1.8  9/16 1.6  9/30 1.4  10/13 1.2  10/26 1.0  11/9 0.8  11/22 0.6  12/6 0.4  12/23 0.2.

2024 1/4/24  Remeron/Mirtazapine free 

Additional Support:  Armour Thyroid 75mgs, Magnesium Glycinate 300-500mgs,  L-theanine 

8 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

woohoo, more healing has been happening!!

I am now able to sleep long enough that I have dreams, lots of them. some are admittedly kinda disturbing, but they are just dreams and I can shake them off as soon as I get up. others are just the way I remember dreaming oh, so long ago LOL

not having any really good dreams, most are kind of neutral. but that's ok

I also feel like I've gotten more settled into myself, it's hard to explain.

I don't think I've had any waves recently but I do have some bad memories of how things were a year ago, and I get little anxiety attacks from that. Like a PTSD thing. I have no trouble thinking about 2 yrs ago, but memories of this time last year are just filled with the awfulness of what I was going thru, and how I coped with it. Some of those things I still do, but not because I feel I need to as a distraction from the WD symptoms, but rather because they're things I enjoy doing. But sometimes being in the same place, with the same ppl and doing the same things, I get a deja vous feeling that is just eww so icky and makes me want to run out of the room and go anywhere else.

Funny how my memories seem to be attached to places. 
does that happen to anyone else?

anyway, just popping in with an update on my recovery.

I am starting to branch out and make plans to do things that I never could have handled even a few months ago. I'm going to an event to volunteer and I hope to get a part time volunteer job afterward, if I like what they do there and like the people well enough. this event is a good way to check it out in advance without having to commit to anything.

also going to a casino next month for the first (and probably last LOL) time ever. I don't have money to gamble away, but my friends really want me to go on this trip and it's not too terribly expensive so what the heck. They say the 2 1/2 hr bus ride there and back is part of the fun, there's a lady on the bus who kinda entertains you and whatnot. 

life is good. :)

I'm getting to the point where I almost take feeling good for granted.

wow such a nice update, well done! you go out there and live your life to the fullest, you deserve it, I bet every moment feels like a blessing, it does for me when in a window,

have a nice trip and take care

we used to go to the casinos a lot,in Atlantic City...never won much but it was fun.

hope you have a good time! good luck!

ds

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Mentor

putting this here to watch later

https://youtu.be/4xbNNxQZEgA

H2H,

I'm so glad that you are starting to live your life as it should be - normally.  I hear you about the PTSD thing, and there's no need to revisit.  You are progressing beautifully.  Thank you for stopping by my thread with your words of wisdom and encouragement.  Wish you continued healing.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

• Mentor

thanks Survivor1

hope you are doing well

I am sleeping even better these days, straight thru for 5 or more hours without even waking up to go to the bathroom. So happy about that!!

• Mentor

saw this on FB and thought it applied in many ways to our journey off meds and to healing:

"stop worrying about getting back to who  you were before it all went wrong; 

to heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is that were put here to do."

This is such a beautiful quote Happy2Heal, thank you :)

I am also very happy2read ;) that you are feeling better and that your sleep is improving. 5h in a row consistently is great, and it gives hope to those of us who are in really bad insomnia periods. Keep taking good care,

Athena

2000-2001: Effexor              2005-2012: Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, desipramin, Wellbutrin, mirtazepin, Lamictal, Remeron, Abilify, nortriptylin, Cipralex, Cymbalta, and others I don't remember. Really bad side effects to all.
Sept-Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 5mg      Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg --> 10mg
Dec 2012: Paxil 10mg-->0; 1 week later: HUGE WD symptoms. Started to get informed on the internet and back to 10mg Paxil.
Dec 2012-Jan 2013: Paxil 10mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 2.5mg        End Jan 2013: P 9mg, W 100mg, I 2.0mg
Feb 2013: P 8mg, W 100mg, I 1.5mg      April 2013: P 7mg, W 100mg, I 1.25mg       May 2013: P 7mg, W 90mg, I 1mg    

June 2013: P 7mg, W 80mg, I 0mg       July 1/2013: P 7, W 70     July 22/2013: P 7, W 60             Aug 2013: P 7, W 50       Sept 2013: P 6.1, W 50     Oct 2013: P up to 6.3, W 50     Nov 2013: P 6.2 to 5.9, W 50      Dec 2013: P 5.9, W 40      Jan 2014: P 5.3, W40        Feb 2014: P 5.3, W 30      March-April 2014: P 5.3, W 26    May 2014: P 5.3, W 20        June 2014: P 5.3 W 15     July 2014:  P 5.3, W 14       Aug 2014: P 5.3, W up to 15     Sept 2014: P 5.3, W 14    Oct 2014: P 4.8, W 14      Nov 2014: P 4.3, W 14     Dec 2014-Jan 2015: P 3.9, W 14     Feb 2015: P 3.9, W 12    March 2015: P 3.6, W 12   April-May 2015: P 3.3, W 12    June 2015: P 3.3, W 10    July 2015: P 3.3, W 8   Aug-Sept 2015: P 3.3, W 6   Oct 2015: P 3.0, W 6   Nov 2015: P 2.7, W 6   Dec 2015: P 2.4, W 6   Jan-Feb 2016: P 2.4, W 5  March 2016: P 2.2, W 5   April 2016: P 2.2, W 4   May-June 2016: P 2.2, W 3  July 2016: P 2.2, W 2  Aug 2016: P 2.2, W 1  Sept 2016: P 2.2, W 0!!  Oct 2016: P 2.0   Nov 2016-Jan 2017: P 1.8  Feb-Mar 2017: P 1.9  April-May 2017: P 1.8   June 2017: P 1.6 July-Dec 2017: P 1.5  Jan-April 2018: P 1.6

Others: Cytomel 25mcg (thyroid), vit. C, vit D, Omega-3 fish oil, Magnesium bisglycinate , Melatonin 1mg, 81mg Aspirin, Milk peptides, L-theanine, Valericalm tincture mix, scullcap tincture, Suan Zao Ren (jujube seeds)