Happy2Heal

☼ Happy2Heal: Hope I'm doing this right

Happy2Heal
10 hours ago, SquirrellyGirl said:

I always wonder when people mention crying spells.  Are we talking crying out of the blue, no real reason, or being more emotionally labile?  Lately I've been the latter.  I saw an ad on TV for Bohemian Rhapsody (movie) this morning and began thinking about Freddy Mercury and how sad that he died young and then I was weeping!  I wept about all kinds of things this morning, that and my cat that disappeared over a year ago, and some moving video on twitter...But it feels good to FEEL!

SG

oh I agree with the "it feels good to feel!!"

I have had both: crying spells for no reason, those were clearly WD/Recovery related, and were embarrassing when they happened outside my home (and just confounding when they happened when I was alone lol)

the emotional lability doesn't really bother me, because like you, I'm just so happy to feel anything at all.

but that has evened out a lot over time, and I don't get overly emotional much any more, my emotions seem to be getting closer to what seems "reasonable" - if there even is such a thing.

so good to see you SG, how are you going these days?

Rosetta

I'm so glad to see that you are essentially free.  I hope I'm getting close, but I doubt it.  You were feeling well a year ago, and I wasn't.  Still, thank you for keeping us updated.  Your story continues to give us all hope as you were on so many different drugs for so many years.  We must all be able to heal because you did.  Why it's shorter for some I suppose we won't know for a very long time, if ever.

Happy2Heal
14 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I'm so glad to see that you are essentially free.  I hope I'm getting close, but I doubt it.  You were feeling well a year ago, and I wasn't.  Still, thank you for keeping us updated.  Your story continues to give us all hope as you were on so many different drugs for so many years.  We must all be able to heal because you did.  Why it's shorter for some I suppose we won't know for a very long time, if ever.

thanks Rosetta

I think one thing that may have helped me is that I'm in (or past? never sure which is right) menopause so I don't have all the female hormones fluctuating month to month

I think that makes a big difference. I was always very emotionally and physically affected by my periods with extreme mood swings.

I also have very little stress in my life. 

in those two ways I feel fortunate.

I am kind of amazed when I look at how long I was on those drugs, and how many!! that I've done so well.

I didn't take any psych meds when I was pregnant and there were a couple of short periods when I wasn't on any drugs, but out of the 43 year history of accepting Rxes for that crap, I was on at least one and usually 2 or more psych drugs for a solid 40+ years

that's a long time!

so the human body/brain is a pretty amazing thing. like the energizer bunny, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin lol

manymoretodays

Very pleased and proud to do the honors of closing Happy2Heal's introduction topic.

See Happy2Heal's success story here.....My Victory Statement

Thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!