Wrenster: Struggling and feeling like giving up

wrenster

Sadly ive noticed that my partner seems to really trigger my wd being worse. He becomes the focus of my irritation and unhappiness. Not good. I sometimes cant differentiate if he is being unfair to me or its wd.

Been on many different psych medications since the age of 17 and i m now 36. I have stopped citalopram and sertraline at the age of 19 and 24 but relapsed/wd effects so restarted sertraline at 24 for past 11 years at 75mg. Then 50mg. Tapered off sertraline over a 3 month period and stopped it completely since august 15. Experienced dizziness,vertigo and fatigue. Currently severe anxiety at times and low mood, extreme emotions, frequent tearfulness, anger and irritability. Reinstated sertraline 5mg on 19 dec.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wrenster

• nz11

• SquirrellyGirl

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i came to realise in withdrawal is that i cannot trust my own brain and thinking and feelings. This was a most scary thing.

Time and time again i walked away from reacting (sometimes i didnt), i have realised in hindsight that i have saved some serious collateral damage from occurring ....some collateral damage doesnt appear fixable at this moment in time so the game plan is to minimise it.

I have come to learn as hard as it may be  to give others the benefit of the doubt ...at least for a couple of years anyway.... then they better watch out!!

Ann Blake Tracey calls these drugs the divorce pill.

If its too hard to be slow to anger then go for a walk imo

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Very useful advice NZ. I definetly agree and am trying to ignore the constant stream of negative talk about him in my head. Very glad to have read your post. Happy new year. X

Been on many different psych medications since the age of 17 and i m now 36. I have stopped citalopram and sertraline at the age of 19 and 24 but relapsed/wd effects so restarted sertraline at 24 for past 11 years at 75mg. Then 50mg. Tapered off sertraline over a 3 month period and stopped it completely since august 15. Experienced dizziness,vertigo and fatigue. Currently severe anxiety at times and low mood, extreme emotions, frequent tearfulness, anger and irritability. Reinstated sertraline 5mg on 19 dec.

• Moderator Emeritus

Eckhart Tolle calls it the "pain body."  When in doubt, don't act on the reaction LOL!  Write it down, sit on it, and then take it out and look at it the next day.  Does your response inside still seem reasonable?

Now, I know that WD neuro emotions make it hard to be rational, but maybe this bit will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PCSe2cqY_w

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Great video. All makes sense . Just need to try and do it xx

Interesting vid SG

Maybe that can be applied to emails too lol When in doubt put it in the draft folder let it sit overnight. .

In acute withdrawal i found i was very easily offended. I have since learned these are the withdrawal neuro emotions at play.

Here  is an interesting statement i recently came across:

"She / he who is offended has committed an offence"

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Nz you and me both. I seem to take everythimg as a criticism

Very tiring thinking everyones getting at you and much mis spent energy analysing people and their words. Too much thknking and reacting to these emotions. I m trying to take on board eckhart tolles teachings to give me much needed relief and space fr these emotions. Back to work on monday probably. Think i need to try and get on with things as i cant afford to lose this job .

• Moderator Emeritus

Interesting vid SG

Maybe that can be applied to emails too lol When in doubt put it in the draft folder let it sit overnight. .

In acute withdrawal i found i was very easily offended. I have since learned these are the withdrawal neuro emotions at play.

Here  is an interesting statement i recently came across:

"She / he who is offended has committed an offence"

LOL on the email!  Boy, ain't that the truth - when in a huff don't hit the send button!  Let it sit!  Been there done that!  I have gotten in some real rages in the past several years, and now wonder if I hadn't done a dosage jump down prior to that;  I don't even want to call it a taper since they were likely 50% cuts!  I didn't have awareness then, so hopefully should this arise again, I will have perspective and take those deep breathes everyone is always talking about!  You know the old saying "count to ten," well who could ever really take that advice?  

Since I've learned about meditation and those teachings, I have found myself stopping to take those deep breaths much more often ;-)

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Hi just read a few of the posts and want to say that that while I'm on Lexapro for last 12/13 years (I cannot really remember) I am very always teary eyed emotionally reactive & jump to a 10 straight away.I wonder if this is the medication or the way I have learnt to regulate emotions.I have done a lot of work on myself but have really internalised an angry inner critic of self-& others. I need to take my personal responsibility back & stop blaming my mom for this. Medication has helped me enormously to overcome Bulimia Nervous in my twenties but now tomorrow I plan to reduce my dose of 20mg Lexapro to 19mg for 4/6 weeks & see how I go. It's scary for like you I know the pain of WD.I am in low form tonight & not good company.When I am depressed I become angry & easily irritated.I have removed myself to my room for Time-Out, to self-regulate, calm down & ground myself & with that more patience.

Sorry just a reflection on your posts????

I've started taking antidepressants in 2001. I took Cipramil for 3 years. Elflexor for 1 year. Lexapro 10mg - 20mg since 1992 approximately.

STARTING DOSE 20mg Lexapro 2016

19mg Lexapro (3rd January 2016)-Taper 5%

18mg Lexapro (8th February 2O16)-Taper 5%

17mg Lexapro (? March 2016) - Taper 5% -

16mg (16th May 2016) Taper 5 %

17mg (21st August 2016) + 5%

16mg (3rd January 2017) - 5%

15mg (4th February 2017) -5

14mg (6/02/18) -5%

Hi rose. Sorry your not feeling the best tonight. Perhaps your withdrawal will not be bad if your tapering it off very gradually which it sounds like u are. The reason mine has been difficult is because i stopped it over a few months after 18 years on it. I did n have the knowledge at that time but u seem to so more power to you. It sounds like u have a good awareness of your self. I have found counselling helpful in getting me through this as well as the amazing support from this forum. And i agree with SG about eckhart tolle. Sometimwes i think i dwell so much on trying to change and improve myself it only causes more suffering when i cant manage it when i m in the midst of neuroemotions therefore trying to accept rather than fight it seems to be the way forward for me. Wishing you the best.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello wrenster.

I've just read through your thread (partly because I couldn't see from your signature whether you reinstated, how much, when and whether you are still taking the same dose).

That's why updating your signature especially with such important information at this stage is key if you want to get helpful feedback.

After reading through the whole of your thread I understood that you reinstated 5 mg and are still taking it. My impression is that reinstatement has worked. After over 4 months off and 18 years on even the slightest of relieves is huge. When I reinstated I was aware that I treated my brain very badly so I was at first just very happy that things stopped getting worse. Then I was clinging to initially very, very brief moments of when symptoms would get more quiet. I tried to disregard the general awful and dysfunctional state I was in for months and I kept my eyes firmly on those brief moments which gradually got longer.

I can relate to your job situation. Just before Xmas I had a very rough time and was experiencing panic attacks. I also asked myself whether I would be able to work any longer (so far I have been). I took a week off sick and now my feelings about working have changed from 'no way I can do it anymore" and 'the very thought of going to work is horrifying me" to " I can probably manage by going slowly'.  Sometimes even a week can bring about a big change in how we feel and accordingly see things (and people) around us. Nz wrote some great things about our feelings in withdrawal (I often sing to myself: I don't trust my inner feelings (inner feelings come and go). In any case, it's good to practice being a natural observer of our thoughts and feelings, keeping a certain distance. It's very hard and it's a struggle but it helps. 

Did you notice that now you are thinking or better to say catastrophising about future much more than usually? It always amazes me how when I get destabilised I immediately start obsessing about the next moment, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, my whole life... I project the present feeling of inability to cope with life in its simplest forms into all my future activities. Future just seem to be spiraling away. I'm totally catapulted from the present moment and inhibit all the future I can think of with the present horror. Although I know about all this and have experienced it many times, last week I had great trouble not to believe everything I was thinking about my future was true.

Fear is the worst part of this. Fear is a key ingredient of this process. It doesn't mean you are weak if you are feeling it and if it feels so hard and unbearable. It really is like that. And yet, we endure. Just by focusing on surviving the present moment. And you are making a good job of it :)

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

I m getting in a right panic at the thought of going back tmrw. Not sure what to do for the best. Anxiety is coming on big time.

Hi Wrenster, just wanted to say I feel for you, I'm in a similar position as I came off Prozac in August 15, and am due to start a new job tomorrow and am getting huge waves of anxiety thinking about it. My last job was pretty laid-back and only a very small team, this one is going to be full-on. 

But I'm keeping in mind that I only have to take one day at a time. Just work tomorrow, and I'm not thinking further than that. It's helping a tiny bit, but it's so hard. You can get through it though. If you don't feel you can go back yet, see your GP and get them to give you some breathing space for a week or so. If it wasn't a new job I was starting tomorrow I think I'd be doing exactly that. 

2002 - Prescribed fluoxetine 20mg for mild situational depression and anxiety. Over the years also briefly swapped about on citalopram, sertraline and venlafaxine during poop out. 2012 - Cold turkeyed fluoxetine. Within 3 months was suffering from aggression, anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia. GP put me back on tablets as I was 'relapsing'. I didn't know anything about WD then. Jul 15 - Wanted to quit fluoxetine again so tapered off (skipping doses) over 6 weeks under advice of GP. Aug 15 - Last fluoxetine dose end of August 2015. Dec 15 - Had my first real crash after discontinuing. Found this site. Aug-Dec 16 - Signed off work because of a herniated disc & severe sciatica. Prescribed diazepam (took for 6 days and got WD symptoms on stopping; nausea, morning cortisol spikes, anxiety, anger) and codeine which I was on for 4 mths. Can confirm - opiate WD is nasty but nowhere near as bad or prolonged as SSRI WD!
Withdrawal symptoms have included: extreme anger and irritability, lethargy, depression and weepiness, anxiety, stomach upsets, loss of appetite, excessive sweating, muscle and back pain, insomnia, cortisol surges, akathisia, inability to cope with stress.
Things that help: herbal tinctures (rose, lemon balm, chamomile and skullcap), seaweed baths & epsom salt baths, fish oil and magnesium.

Hi keepinghope. I cant do it. I cant go back tmrw. I m incredibly anxious and emotional. My job is very demamding as a psych nurse and i know the pressures only too well and cant face them yet. Wishing u luck tnrw and strength xx

Hi Wrenster

Have read your thread and can completely sympathise having gone through the same this time last year. I reinstated and it took a while to get me back to a level of normality. I am now able to function on a fairly normal basis. I still have my ups and downs and am not the same person I was before WD but I have learnt to cope with the bad days and am now starting a very slow taper. The drug is giving me side effects which made me want to come off in the first place. Shame my GP at the time told me to do it too quickly!

I just wanted to say that you have to give yourself time. I am working too but am self employed so it wasn't such a big problem. Until you are more stable and are managing to get the WD anxiety under control I feel it is best not to push yourself  too much or it will be detrimental to your recovery. Your health should have some priority.

Would it be possible to return to work doing reduced hours ie part time? This may take some of the pressure off you. 

I am married and  it has had a big impact on my marriage as I was always the 'strong' one in our relationship who kept everything ticking over. The only advice I can give is to keep talkiing to your man. I found out from my husband that he was very scared by what was happening to me - as I was! Now we have a little talk if I need to tell him that I am not so good and if he needs to tell me I am being a pain. But to be honest he can tell by looking at my face how I am feeling!! We decided we had to confront this thing together or I was never going to get well.

I found that heavy exercise made me feel so much worse so I  do a good walk every day now which helps me a lot. I just have to get out of the house every day no matter how I feel.  Living in Spain there is a lot of socialising and drinking going on. I just tell folk that I am taking meds where I cannot have alcohol and that has been accepted well. I have learnt to have fun without indulging and now don't miss it at all. I don't think anybody thinks I am a partypooper - well I hope not!

I just wanted to wish you well and hope the reinstatement starts to work for you soon. Just remember this isn't forever.

Best wishes

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Hi flowers. Appreciate ur lovely post. I was just reflecting how i feel i was prior to stopping the sertraline and felt quite sad as i was pretty content and settled. Feel like my worlds been turned upside down. I always said after my last bout of depression in 2004, i will never let myself get like that again. I ve spent so many years of my life blighted by mental illness i thought i d finally beaten it. This has really rocked me and i feel so sad at what i ve currently become. Not a good day :(.

" i feel so sad at what i ve currently become."  That's the key word. This is all temporary and will pass.  Instead of anticipating the stress I would think about how glad people will be to see you back and how helpful they will be as you get back into the swing. Do the best you can on each job as it comes up and don't beat yourself up if you're not perfect, then move on to the next job.  All the while not thinking about the drugs or if you feel badly.  Take mini breaks when you can and the day will be over before you know it.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I ve spent so many years of my life blighted by mental illness i thought i d finally beaten it.

I am sorry you feel you have a M I.

Recovering paxil addict

Nz. Mental illness is perhaps not the best term i could have used. You have to forgive my training and whats been drummed into me for many years. I ve taken the decision to at least take another week off. I feel i need more stability before i go back to a very challenging job. Your posts keep me going at the minute wish i could reach out and hug you all. Xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wrenster,

I just wanted to offer a suggestion.  You may (or may not consciously) be aware that you feel guilty about taking the next week off.  Please tell yourself that it is okay to take this time for your own personal healing.  Think of it like this, if you had continued to struggle at work you may have had to take a lot more time off in the long run, so you are doing what you need to do now to help prevent that from happening.  You need this time for you - you deserve it.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Oh chessiecat how you read my mind. I so needed to hear that. I think i m spending a lot of time thinking i should be stronger and manage. That i m being self pitying and weak. All that usual crap that the inner critic throws at me. Thanks for giving me permission to tell that voice to shut up :)

• Moderator Emeritus

You are very welcome.  When I was working full-time in an office of 2 people, I would go in even when I was very sick and dose myself up with cold meds throughout the day.  If I ever took a day off I would feel so guilty.  It's just not worth it.  Other people take time off to get better so why shouldn't we when we really need to?  Yes, keep telling that voice to shut up.  Listening to it will only cause more stress and slow your healing.  It's got nothing to do with who you are or whether you have earned it.  It is just a fact that you need it.  And you need it NOW!!!  Maybe listen to Claire Weekes and First Aid for Panic

Take care.  CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Glad that you have made the decision. Sometimes not knowing what to do just makes things worse doesn't it?- it's surprising what a week can do! Only you know how you really feel and will cope with things at work.

I know this is so awful where we have found ourselves and it is sad and scary but we have to look forward.  If you can, try to  accept what has happened and put all the energy you can muster in to getting well - it will help you so much. Also having patience and recognising that this may not be a quick fix will help too.  I think Ali mentioned this in a previous post on your thread.

You are not alone now and will get so much support here.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thanks chessie. I ll check that out. U ve certainly helped my anxiety tonight :)

Flowers thank god for u guys. I will repay and give support back when i have it in me i promise. This site is a life saver. Xxxxx

Hi W ,

As NZ said, you dont have an M.I.  You just got caught in the system , as most of us did.  I just wanted to add to the consensus here , and say I think you are choosing well ,in your self- care management.  In the long term, I think you will find this a very far reaching move, that will have very positive consequences, down the track.

Best wishes,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I always found it took about 3 weeks for me to feel significantly better after an updose, and longer after my big crash.  It's been about two weeks since your reinstatement - have you felt any improvement yet?

I know they advocate reinstatement of very small doses here, but 5mg is something like 1mg of Paxil, pretty tiny.  It's possible a higher dose might be needed to alleviate severe w/d.  The reason small reinstatements are recommended is because when people who've been off for several months rush back to a full dose, they sometimes experience quite bad adverse reactions, so if you do decide to increase dose I'd still keep it somewhere on the smallish side.  Just something to keep in mind.

It's so hard when you have that pressure to get back to work, especially in any kind of stressful job.  It's the reason I had to updose after my big crash (I crashed badly before even getting to zero).  I found regular relaxation exercises helped me a lot with reducing the anxiety, along with books and recordings by Dr. Claire Weekes.  Sending you(((hugs))).

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I've been thinking about that term 'mental illness' a lot over the years.  At first I decided to embrace it - blast through the stigma etc.  But I got uncomfortable with that, as time went on.  Now I think there's no such thing. 

My theory atm is that depression, anxiety, PTSD etc (which were my issues) are very logical and understandable responses to the pain of living in a world gone mad.  They are signals to us that we need rest, care, love, understanding.  And they are signals that we need to take time to get these things.  It may take 6 months, or it may take a year or longer.  These things are a part of our journey.

Wishing you blessings as you tend to all these parts of yourself on this journey,

Karen 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

I met with my counsellor today and had a similar discussion. I bawled my eyes out at things that had been suppressed for years through taking antidepressants that have recently resurfaced in my mind. I think if i d had proper psychological support at those times instead of being heavily nedicated, i would have made a fuller recovery. I m working through these painful feelings with her now. I went back to my gp today for a further sickline and he felt i was well informed and managing my recovery. I m lucky to have a good gp. Thanks for all ur blessings and support. I m getting to know the real me through all of this. At times its very painful but i believe what you say alig. There must be positive consequences further down the road.

Hello wrenster.

I've just read through your thread (partly because I couldn't see from your signature whether you reinstated, how much, when and whether you are still taking the same dose).

That's why updating your signature especially with such important information at this stage is key if you want to get helpful feedback.

After reading through the whole of your thread I understood that you reinstated 5 mg and are still taking it. My impression is that reinstatement has worked. After over 4 months off and 18 years on even the slightest of relieves is huge. When I reinstated I was aware that I treated my brain very badly so I was at first just very happy that things stopped getting worse. Then I was clinging to initially very, very brief moments of when symptoms would get more quiet. I tried to disregard the general awful and dysfunctional state I was in for months and I kept my eyes firmly on those brief moments which gradually got longer.

I can relate to your job situation. Just before Xmas I had a very rough time and was experiencing panic attacks. I also asked myself whether I would be able to work any longer (so far I have been). I took a week off sick and now my feelings about working have changed from 'no way I can do it anymore" and 'the very thought of going to work is horrifying me" to " I can probably manage by going slowly'. Sometimes even a week can bring about a big change in how we feel and accordingly see things (and people) around us. Nz wrote some great things about our feelings in withdrawal (I often sing to myself: I don't trust my inner feelings (inner feelings come and go). In any case, it's good to practice being a natural observer of our thoughts and feelings, keeping a certain distance. It's very hard and it's a struggle but it helps.

Did you notice that now you are thinking or better to say catastrophising about future much more than usually? It always amazes me how when I get destabilised I immediately start obsessing about the next moment, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, my whole life... I project the present feeling of inability to cope with life in its simplest forms into all my future activities. Future just seem to be spiraling away. I'm totally catapulted from the present moment and inhibit all the future I can think of with the present horror. Although I know about all this and have experienced it many times, last week I had great trouble not to believe everything I was thinking about my future was true.

Fear is the worst part of this. Fear is a key ingredient of this process. It doesn't mean you are weak if you are feeling it and if it feels so hard and unbearable. It really is like that. And yet, we endure. Just by focusing on surviving the present moment. And you are making a good job of it :)

Wonderful post bubbles .

Songbird. I have felt a slight improvement i think and am not keen to reinstate more unless i really feel im struggling and cant cope. I ll keep your experience and advice in mind xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Songbird. I have felt a slight improvement i think

That's good news.  I agree with others that the meds seem to suppress the difficult parts of us, so that we don't have to deal with them.  It's like sweeping all our issues under the rug.  Then in withdrawal, all our stuff comes back amplified.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

I met with my counsellor today and had a similar discussion. I bawled my eyes out at things that had been suppressed for years through taking antidepressants that have recently resurfaced in my mind. I think if i d had proper psychological support at those times instead of being heavily nedicated, i would have made a fuller recovery. I m working through these painful feelings with her now.

When i went drug free some of the entries over the following week and subsequent ones went like this,

cant stop crying

cant sit or stand still

vomitting dairrhea

feel like i want to die

cant sleep

feel like i want to talk to someone......

I didnt know it at the time but what i was describing was akathisia.

The terror was so bad it drove me to do something i wouldnt normally do i went to see a councellor ..i too before even given an invitation to talk just sobbed and sobbed....i felt so embarassed...i kept wanting to talk about stuff in the past like a broken engagement shortly after paxil exposure....(maybe thats tmi..still joining the dots on that)...

I found not so much the councelling helpful but the unconditional positive regard and the talking for talking sake in and of itself was a distraction.

I just kept going in circles so after a few session i stopped going.

This is what i believe....i believe a person in ssri wdl is a councellors nightmare, constantly going in circles due to the neuro-emotions that are out of control. All that is needed is an empathic unconditional positive regard and a calming reassuring voice that keeps saying ‘You are going to be okay,’ ‘You will make it’.

The brain is totally out of control and in a kind of 'psychotic ' state. It is just throwing up all kinds of past rubbish.The key here is knowing this a withdrawal manifestation and will pass. It comes in waves. It is the drug withdrawal. 

Alto as always articulates this just so well in the neuro emotions thread...

“For quite a while in withdrawal, neuro-emotion led me to memories where I embarrassed myself, made a fool or myself, or was rejected. I couldn't shake them, I was reliving them intensely over and over. The feeling of shame and worthlessness was awful. I had to make a determined effort, which wasn't always successful, to distract myself from these memories. I kept reminding myself to forgive myself for my mistakes. Then reliving these memories went away. I'm not having this problem anymore (I hope). I presume that some area of my brain was being stimulated by dysregulated neuro-hormones, and now it's recovered. A person has to be very strong to cope with this and not get overwhelmed.”

Right now your nervous system has become hyper-sensitive and extremely susceptible to every input from your surroundings, not only light and sound, but also thoughts are amplified and morph into reality.....imo you must also protect your sub-consciousness until you reach a level of emotional stability. Your brain and CNS is seriously impaired and cannot function properly.

Something Breggin said really jumped out at me and it was this,

"When conducting therapy with an individual whose brain is impaired by drug treatment or drug withdrawal avoid stirring up strong negative emotions or feelings of helplessness. Therapy that touches on painful subjects should be avoided until the individual's judgement and impulse control have improved." Breggin, Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal, 166.

I put this out there not to be critical of councelling (for it has its place) but to make you aware that the councellor may not be aware of what is going on for an ssri sufferer ....oh i'm sure he/she has seen it everyday in their job only they may not know how to deal with it. Or may persue psychological approaches thinking they are useful when they may not be. imo .

And im sure ssri sufferers are providing them with a lot of work. How do i know this cos when i told the councellor i was wdling from ssri and the symptoms (like lying in a fetal position on the floor wanting to die...etc) he learned forward and said nz11 i have many people coming to see me for this same reason and they have all described the wdl exactly as you have.

I totally agree with Breggin on the fact that trying to persue past events (at this point in time) as real as the emotions are may not be the way to go.

It may also cost a lot of money that may not need to be spent.

Again im with Breggin listen to this,

"Psychodynamic therapy is only appropriate when the withdrawal is relatively benign, so that the individual has the emotional stability and autonomy to handle emotional distress".

Reassurance (you will be ok you will make it ) hope and empathy i feel are key .

A loving supportive family member or friend can provide this also. 

There may be some who disagree with this i'm simply tabling it to give one view of it.

I'm all for using whatever non-drugs tools there are in order to cope with wdl.

nz11

Wow! This thread has amassed 1,296 views on just over 2 weeks !

I've got no chance...

"I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Wrenster, I can relate to so much of what you are going through at the moment especially now when I'm in a bad wave and everything you write about your job situation is true for me as well. I also like very much what Chessie wrote about giving yourself a permission to stay away from work. I'm exactly the same and have to have  a self-talk every time when I need to step back. I first recognise my feelings of low self-esteem and self-worth which are usually present and remind myself that I am a valuable human being who deserves to be free from suffering and do whatever it takes to alleviate that suffering.

I also tell myself that stepping back to protect myself is a form of self care which is not only my right but also my duty towards myself. It also creates conditions that will lead me to be productive sonner. But I am equally valuable when being less productive.

In periods like this I tend to lose perspective on things. That's all part of this unfortunate package. From where I'm standing it's easier for me to see your situation as something temporary that will continue to improve: you were off the drug for 4 months after over 10 years of use. But you took a major step in the right direction by reinstating and it's great that it is working. However, the next period will be a very fragile one while you are waiting for your brain to heal. It is just temporary and you are healing. Staying away from the stress of work and channeling all your time and energy on self-care is facilitating that process. Unfortunately, it will take some time but it will get better continuously.

Just be gentle to yourself and treat yourself with any kindness you can think of as if you were nursing a best friend. I often compare our condition to a broken leg. Except that we don't give our brain the time for resting it needs to heal but expect it to hop around.

It might be interesting for you to see that although when I look at your situation I see it like this and I'm totally convinced of it. But when I look at my situation I can't help feeling a sense of doom and 'this is it'. It just shows how neuroemotions are powerful. But writing this to you helped a lot to reassure myself as well ;)

Nz, I totally agree that people can have different experiences with counseling in withdrawal. We are very fragile and therefore more susceptible to everything around us. I am somebody who's been in therapy throughout all my withdrawals and CTs and periods of stability in between. The key for choosing counselors for me was choosing those where I am in control and where everything is adjusted to my needs. I'm the one that dictates the topics and everything. It's onyl natural that I don't discuss past issues when I'm badly destabilised. Any counsellor worth his/her salt should be able to tune it to people they are supporting to at least read their emotional state and even if my neuroemotions would lead me to ponder over my disturbing past it would be the role of the counselor to gently help me change the channel.

Me and my therapist without much discussion naturally distinguish periods when I'm strong enough to analyise my past and anything disturbing and other times when I just need support, reassurance and reminders of self-care. If my therapist sees I'm in distress she will even stop everything we are doing and guide me through a body scan or something grounding. I would expect every therapist worth of his/her salt to be able to provide that kind of support but there are all sorts of us so I'm aware that that's not always the case. It's just important to note that it is possible. It's not the best idea to look for one when we are raw either but if somebody will react to us well in such a situation, it will be even better in more stable periods...

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thanks bubble and nz for your wonderful posts. I wish i could write amd express things as well as you, so so wise. I m sorry you are struggling bubble and i share that thought that it all makes sense when reading about neuroemotions etc but when in the midst of it, its very hard to see any glimmer of hope.

With regards to the counsellor, i feel i would be lost without her. Its no psychodynamic or analysis but straightforward client centered. It was me who touched on things from the past and i think we all do that when we re feeling vulnerable, ruminate on past traumas. I have felt that everything was surpressed by the drugs and my minds gone haywire at present relieving past memories and distressing feelings. My memory seems to be coming back. I m reflecting on a lot of things that i had forgotten until recently. I find the release of just talking to my counsellor about my scary thoughts just gets them out of my head. Its like empyting out the garbage lol. I guide this completely.

I m so glad i stayed off work and am learning to cope with each day at present and trying to build up my resilience over the next two weeks. I m taking a day trip with the dog to a secluded beautiful part of ireland tmrw and trying to learn/ be at peace with myself. I m trying not to be afraid of these thoughts and emotions and trying to be kind to myself. Love to you all for the interest and help u have given me. Xx