Cippo7: how much time need for safe tapering antidepressant?

cippo7

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cippo, 

I’m sorry you are struggling so much, but cold turkey is really the worst thing you could have done. I see you’ve had lots of advice in the past not to cold turkey. I don’t understand why you would cold turkey?? I’ve been cold turkeyed by doctors in the past before I knew anything about withdrawals and medications and it was horrific. I wouldn’t do that to myself on purpose, and I would never wish that on anyone.

Please read the thread Chessiecat sent you on how long withdrawals can take. It may take a while for you to stabilise now. One can’t change the past though, so you need to find yourself some distractions and coping skills to help you get through the withdrawals. I hope you have some hobbies or things that can help you to get through waves. I’ve always got a million things to use to distract myself. 

Have you decided to reinstate as per Alto’s advice or are you going to stay as you are? Reinstatement doesn’t always work but it is the only thing that might help a bit. Sometimes it can make things worse, but I’ve mostly seen in threads that it seems to help people. If the reinstatement works it doesn’t mean that all you symptoms will go away, they might just lessen a little. 

Only you can make decisions for yourself, but I feel very sad that you cold turkeyed.

Wishing you all all the best in your recovery. 

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 3:35 AM, Carmie said:

Hi Cippo, 

I’m sorry you are struggling so much, but cold turkey is really the worst thing you could have done. I see you’ve had lots of advice in the past not to cold turkey. I don’t understand why you would cold turkey?? I’ve been cold turkeyed by doctors in the past before I knew anything about withdrawals and medications and it was horrific. I wouldn’t do that to myself on purpose, and I would never wish that on anyone.

Please read the thread Chessiecat sent you on how long withdrawals can take. It may take a while for you to stabilise now. One can’t change the past though, so you need to find yourself some distractions and coping skills to help you get through the withdrawals. I hope you have some hobbies or things that can help you to get through waves. I’ve always got a million things to use to distract myself. 

Have you decided to reinstate as per Alto’s advice or are you going to stay as you are? Reinstatement doesn’t always work but it is the only thing that might help a bit. Sometimes it can make things worse, but I’ve mostly seen in threads that it seems to help people. If the reinstatement works it doesn’t mean that all you symptoms will go away, they might just lessen a little. 

Only you can make decisions for yourself, but I feel very sad that you cold turkeyed.

Wishing you all all the best in your recovery. 

Sending hugs🤗

Hi carmie thank you.for your reply

The problem is that i have prpblems whit myself and others and for that i struggle whit going throught this problem whit the drugs beacause i feel bad and i find hard to react 

All started whit the diagnosis of my psychiatric of personality disorder avoidant that i take the diagbosis like a.my failure like a was losing all beacuase.at the same time of that diagnosis i was cold turkey fevarin....ita hard to believe.that have.past 10 years but i still struggling whit.the.diagbosis that destroyed my life whit the.so.many cold turkey meds

I hope your.feeling well hugs 

P.s. can someone send me post the link for the right tapering of meds?that say to taper 10%,,, dont know but i cant find the link in the forum beacuase im taking paroxetine haldold risperdal and i want to.came off and dont cold turkey anothet time thanks to.all 

-2007/2009 50 mg fevarin raised to 75 after 1 year cold turkey

-2010/2011 50 mg fevarin cold turkey

-7/2015 - 3/2016 20 mg Paroxetine cold turkey

-2017 1 months fevarin tapering 

2018 paroxetine 20 mg for about 3'months cold turkey abilify seroquel 3 months cold turkey

"Its best to not expose yourself to pschotropic drugs ever again and if issues remain then seek non drug solutions. These drugs arent fixing a chemical imbalance they are creating one. And taking them profoundly alters the brain for the worse that takes for some many years to reverse and heal from." thanks to nz11

• Moderator Emeritus

This topic has links to various drug information:

Important topics in the Tapering forum and FAQ

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you so much 😊

2018 paroxetine 20 mg for about 3'months cold turkey abilify seroquel 3 months cold turkey

"Its best to not expose yourself to pschotropic drugs ever again and if issues remain then seek non drug solutions. These drugs arent fixing a chemical imbalance they are creating one. And taking them profoundly alters the brain for the worse that takes for some many years to reverse and heal from." thanks to nz11

Hi 

I.didnt understand one thing before need to taper antipsychotic or antidepressant or anti anxiety?thanks

And what can I do if im taking 3 antipsychotics which.one first to taper??thanks its going to.be hard but im prepared :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  What drug/s are you currently taking?  Please update your drug signature.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 1/24/2019 at 8:08 AM, ChessieCat said:

Q:  What drug/s are you currently taking?

Please answer the about question.  Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cippo, 

How are you doing? Can you please answer ChessieCat’s question. Thank you, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.