What is happening in your brain?

Altostrata

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

The dysregulation caused by psychiatric drug withdrawal affects all the systems in the body.

This is a common symptom of dyautonomia or dysregulation of the autonomic nervous system. Your improvement is typical of withdrawal-related dysautonomia.

Thanks for your reply. I.m going to look this term up with much interest. Can.t wait for your med normal screening either. I had a quick look at dysautonomia and it showed me another example of how poor drs knowledge is, at the dr earlier this year i spoke of bp type symptoms since stopping effexor (almost 3 years ago at that point), it was put down to anxiety or me imagining it. No surprise to you i.m sure.

Edited by Gussy
Added something.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 3:33 AM, Altostrata said:

The dysregulation caused by psychiatric drug withdrawal affects all the systems in the body.

This is a common symptom of dyautonomia or dysregulation of the autonomic nervous system. Your improvement is typical of withdrawal-related dysautonomia.

Thanks for your reply again, it sounds like many things that happen could come down to this? Things like twitching muscles, muscle pains, nerves going crazy in parts of about body etc? I've heard many talk about racing heartbeats, I think it already explaines the sensitivities to stimulus? Do you agree with this? Funny thing, I've got Metallica going very loud in my car and it's still gets to me but not like it used to. Having it mess up my emotions a little bit and sometimes make tears come out isn.t going to stop me anymore. Thanks again, Gus.

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

• Administrator

Yes, the autonomic nervous system regulates many things, including blood pressure, heart rate, temperature regulation, muscle tension.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 9 months later...

thank you for this @Altostrata 🙏 

2021:  started celexa 10mg feb 2nd 

feb 25th took my last 10g

feb 26th took 5mg

feb 27th took 5mg 

feb 28th 2021 cold turkey 

currently taking mag

• 11 months later...

Does all the information on this thread apply to adverse reactions as well? 

Immediate adverse reaction 

Lexapro 10mg- 6/10/2021

Lexapro 10mg- 7/10/2021

Lexapro 5mg- 8/10/2021

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, rebeccaannxo said:

Does all the information on this thread apply to adverse reactions as well? 

immediate-adverse-reactions-to-an-antidepressant-or-within-a-few-doses-how-long-for-recovery

But I only took it for a Week - immediate adverse reaction

Alto posted this to another member recently:

On 5/13/2022 at 8:25 AM, Altostrata said:

These people, who are tagged "immediate ADR", have symptoms that are like protracted withdrawal syndrome but they don't have withdrawal syndrome, they have similar symptoms because their nervous systems were upset by taking the drug. Their recovery is slow, with frustrating waves and windows, like people with withdrawal syndrome. Since they had a serious ADR to an antidepressant, they probably should not consider reinstatement.

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:    (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq      on 13th November 2021

Woohoo!!!  Finally off Pristiq    Post 0 updates start here

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.  Please DO NOT TAG me - thank you.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy