SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Terry4949

Dear Tery4949.

I am in exact same situation. I know how it feels. Pain is intolerable. If only we could sleep then maybe...

I really feel for u. I am so sorry to read what we are going through.  Chemical assassination was applied on us.

How did u manage the insomnia and anxiety. ..it must be pure hell.

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• July - December 2016: 25+ 25mg, constantly in pain, had to go to ER once, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• found SA site and started reading day and night

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

• Supplements: None so far, 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Dear beloved Tery4949.

I can't stop thinking of u. Please hang in there. Lets wait what the moderators will say. 

• July 2016: prescribed 25mg Zoloft, diagnosed with MDD. Developed severe reaction and taken to ER.. CSeroquel when not able to sleep, very small dose (12.5mg) but causing headache and dry mouth the next two three days, 

• January 2017: Still believing the doctors and thinking the meds are helpful, increased the dose to 75mg, had to go to ER three times, after drinking water non-stop.  

• Realised that these meds are actually toxins and are very harmful. Looking for experts in the field, going to doctors

• February - May 2017: 50mg, severe withdrawal symptoms, severe burning pain in chest, lower back, Seroquel only 12.5mg but not helping. Slowly developing OCD, as the headaches and heat flash can hit any time.

• May-September 2017: 25mg, drinking lots of water, having great pain, not able to function, ER visits because of arythmia, hot flashes

• October 2017: started tapering and feeling better, but the symptoms are there. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Tery4949

U must had some sleep. U must have some rest.

How did u manage?

My cns is trully out of alignment as well.

How did u sleep with all these symptoms. Please let me know.

I am exactly the same. 

Treatment Outline.docx

July 23-30th, 2017.xlsx

Terry,

I am going through almost same waiting phase. 

I was also polydrugged, there was a time i was put on 5 or more drugs just to cover up paxil withdrawal...  I took that for short 10 day hell where I stopped by myself.

But one thing I am sure for now that these poisons are not the way out.  

I wish for you things to get better... 

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

I am 5 months of all meds if you look at my drug history , but have never been stable since coming of venlaxafine, I am doing so bad at the moment , really struggling with everything , would reinstating anything help me , I am seriously thinking of trying venlaxafine again as I am so desperate for some or any relief , each day I get worse my body is shutting down. Horrible anxiety and depression , physical symptoms are crippling me , I know this is a site for coming of drugs but I need to get some stability before I do something stupid

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Terry,

I've moved your post from the About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms topic because it is about your own situation.  Posting in your own topic keeps your history in one place.

I'm asking the other mods for their thoughts about options.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Terry what happened when you took 20mg fluoxetine for them to c/t it, did you have a reaction to it? 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

7 hours ago, mammaP said:

Terry what happened when you took 20mg fluoxetine for them to c/t it, did you have a reaction to it? 

Hi mammap , I didn't have a reaction to it , when I came of venlaxafine I went in to massive withdrawals , so was stuck on citalopram for 4 months but it never touched the withdrawel then they gave me quietiapine for a couple of weeks then I was on mirtazapine which really hit me hard I was on that for a year , then lyrica was thrown in for a year as well , hospital stoped all that and stuck me on flouxetine for about 6 weeks but nothing was touching the horrible withdrawel , so they just stopped it , and said I needed to go back on venlaxafine that was 5 months ago but I never took it , but things are so bad now , if I was to reinstate which drug would it be , venlaxafine did help untill it pooped out , I am truly lost I can't stabilise I feel so bad , living another day of this torture is beyond me , I can hardly function , the inner shaking and restlessness is killing me , burning skin , fatigue , anxiety ,  I don't want to go down the benzo path but I need some help , this has been going on for years 

I really need some help from a moderator , I can barely function I have been in bed for 3 days now , I cannot sleep or eat I feel so faint and unwell it's impossible to describe, the constant inner shake is making me feel so ill , I have no strength, I had to get up about 2 hours ago and walk my dogs round the block which is about 1\2 a mile and I nearly passed out when I got home I collapsed as I felt so unwell , I want to cry all the time and just curl in a ball , my skin is burning and my body is overheating , I have never been so sick as this , what can I do I was c/t of all meds by the hospital , since the1/3/17 I have had nothing but this week I have gone from really bad to the worse ever , I am struggling even to wash I feel that ill , reinstatement helps people but I have not really got that choice , I really can't survive this , if I go to see my doctor they will put me back into the hospital where I will be forced to take meds and I will not have a choice , I keep sipping water but frequently need to go to the toilet I think I am passing more than I am drinking , I have this horrible taste constant in my mouth which is so dry , I have pushed myself for so long through this withdrawel but I have never felt this bad physically and mentally , please moderators if you can suggest anything or help in anyway I will be forever in your debt , I don't have a ounce of energy and the fatigue is so bad , I just don't know what to do , 

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry that this is happening to you Terry.  We don't know what is best for you because you were on and off so many drugs it is downright cruel. 

I am wondering if just a few beads of effexor might help. Did you pick up the presription? Open a capsule and if it has the tiny beads inside try just 2 beads. Dont be tempted to try more because it doesn't look very much. Those beads can be very powerful. It takes up to 4 days to reach a steady state in your blood. If it helps even a tiny bit you can hold and hopefully feel even just a bit better. If it doesn't help but you don't feel any worse you could go up 1 bead. I think it is worth a try. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

44 minutes ago, mammaP said:

I am so sorry that this is happening to you Terry.  We don't know what is best for you because you were on and off so many drugs it is downright cruel. 

I am wondering if just a few beads of effexor might help. Did you pick up the presription? Open a capsule and if it has the tiny beads inside try just 2 beads. Dont be tempted to try more because it doesn't look very much. Those beads can be very powerful. It takes up to 4 days to reach a steady state in your blood. If it helps even a tiny bit you can hold and hopefully feel even just a bit better. If it doesn't help but you don't feel any worse you could go up 1 bead. I think it is worth a try. 

Thank you mammap , I do have some and I think I am going to try a couple of beads , it breaks my heart to have to resort back on meds with all the damage they have done to me but I can't carry on like this , I will take the beads for a few days just to see if there is any improvement , I have been of venlaxafine for nearly 2 years now but it was one of the only drugs that sort of helped me , but I am so desperate

51 minutes ago, mammaP said:

I have just checked my venlaxafine prescription for 75mg capsules but when I opened them there was no beads in there , only 6 little white tablets , the box says venlir xl 75mg so it's a generic version , how do I go about it now

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh no, I really wouldn't like to be trying to get 0.5mg by cutting one of those tablets. What brand is on the box? Or the drug company that makes it? 

2002  effexor. 

10 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Oh no, I really wouldn't like to be trying to get 0.5mg by cutting one of those tablets. What brand is on the box? Or the drug company that makes it? 

The company that makes it is morningside health care , the box just says 28 capsules vendor xl 75mg , prolonged released capsules, just goes to show you don't know what's in them , I assumed beads , my gp probably won't want to give me another brand and won't be happy about me splitting them , I was not planing on telling them as they will say I am not trying to get better 

• Moderator Emeritus

Did the fluoxetine help any at all, even slightly before they stopped it?  

2002  effexor. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry I just read some back posts and you said it didn't help. After quitting effexor and going into withdrawal you will have been sensitive to any drug and giving you such high doses has not helped your nervous system but has made it worse. A very small dose of effexor could have been all that was needed. Doctors don't have a clue and just throw every drug there is at the problem making things worse than ever. I know this is no consolation right now but if you can get through each day this will get better, I promise you that.  I wish I could give you a time scale but everyone is unique. All those drugs made things worse and it wouldn't have got any better while you were taking them but now you are off them all your body can start to heal.  A couple of beads of effexor might help but I really wouldn't advise any more than that, and cutting the tablets will not be accurate. 

Edited by mammaP

2002  effexor. 

31 minutes ago, mammaP said:

Did the fluoxetine help any at all, even slightly before they stopped it?  

To be honest mammap I can't tell you I was in such a bad state , coming of mirtazapine and pregablin c/t and then thrown on flouxetine , my body was in severe withdrawel , do you think that's what I might introduce as it was the last med I was on for about 6 weeks , I am worried about it being to activating and destroying what's left of my cns , I am between a rock and a hard place , it's desperation more than anything , if I could find just a tiny amount of relief it would help just to lift me , things are so bad , 5 months of and I think I have hit the mother of all waves , don't want to do anymore harm to my self but I can't carry on like this 

1 hour ago, mammaP said:

Sorry I just read some back posts and you said it didn't help. After quitting effexor and going into withdrawal you will have been sensitive to any drug and giving you such high doses has not helped your nervous system but has made it worse. A very small dose of effexor could have been all that was needed. Doctors don't have a clue and just throw every drug there is at the problem making things worse than ever. I know this is no consolation right now but if you can get through each day this will get better, I promise you that.  I wish I could give you a time scale but everyone is unique. All those drugs made things worse and it wouldn't have got any better while you were taking them but now you are off them all your body can start to heal.  A couple of beads of effexor might help but I really wouldn't advise any more than that, and cutting the tablets will not be accurate. 

I will see if I can get some Effexor with beads in from my doctor , if not I don't know what I am going to do ,

• Moderator Emeritus

It would have been too activating at 20mg, the doses of all the drugs were far too high after effexor. 

2002  effexor. 

hi terry am truly sorry for your suffering,have just been reading all your thread.you are so so very srong,you may not seem it but man are you a true hero,going through what you have.am just stopping by to say hello,an I pray you get sorted with your meds.Am going through paxil ct wd zopiclone ct wd an diazepam wd  its a tough journey but you will get there my friend

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

56 minutes ago, mammaP said:

It would have been too activating at 20mg, the doses of all the drugs were far too high after effexor. 

Thank you for you help mammap , I think the doctors have a lot to answer for , putting on and of meds with no tapers has ruined me and left me devastated , don't know how I am going to get out of this mess , I have lost a lot of weight as well through not being able to eat , 

6 minutes ago, pinkfairy said:

hi terry am truly sorry for your suffering,have just been reading all your thread.you are so so very srong,you may not seem it but man are you a true hero,going through what you have.am just stopping by to say hello,an I pray you get sorted with your meds.Am going through paxil ct wd zopiclone ct wd an diazepam wd  its a tough journey but you will get there my friend

Thankyou pinkfairy I am sorry you are struggling as well , but thanks for the kind words , the doctors have taken away my chance of reinstating to help me stabilise , they will give me any antidepressants of my choice at silly high doses but the damage has been done and I am in full blown protracted  withdrawel , this last month has been pure torture and left me physically and mentally wiped out , I am struggling just to get through the day

So sorry :( 

am going through some horrific symptoms too,so your not alone on this journey ❤️

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• Administrator

Terry, your nervous system is in an uproar. Please read this carefully

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Terry - I had to reach out because I feel so bad for you.  It just stinks that you were put on so many drugs with such poor results.  

You mentioned your dogs.  Are you able to take care of them.  They need you but if you aren't up to it, can another dog-lover help?  Sometimes I like to think how much animals love and need us.  There is no shame in asking someone for help with the dogs.  You need to take care of yourself first and make sure the dogs are cared for by you or someone else.  

My W/D is a walk in the park next to yours.  I wish I could walk the dogs for you.  

June 1995 Zoloft

August 1997 - to June 2017 various SSRIs

August 2000  -November 2000 - Stopped abruptly for pregnancy (returned to depressed state, serious withdrawal symptoms including raging anger, crying, loss of interest in life)

November 2000 returned to SSRI

2008 Added Cymbalta to SSRIs

June - September 2009 - stopped Cymbalta after discussing with p-doc.  Not told about tapering.  Nausea, dizziness, brain zaps, raging anger and depression for about 3 months

2011 switched to Lexapro, added Wellbutrin 

June 2017 began to taper off Lexapro doses of 10 mg,  reduced to 5 mg for 2 weeks and then 5 mg every other day - off by July 10 

July 2017 300 mg Wellbutrin, dealing with withdrawal from Lexapro

2013- September  2017 - Omeprazole - Learned my GERD was caused by Lexapro  - now happily off without rebound or any pain!

8 hours ago, JenJen said:

Hi Terry - I had to reach out because I feel so bad for you.  It just stinks that you were put on so many drugs with such poor results.  

You mentioned your dogs.  Are you able to take care of them.  They need you but if you aren't up to it, can another dog-lover help?  Sometimes I like to think how much animals love and need us.  There is no shame in asking someone for help with the dogs.  You need to take care of yourself first and make sure the dogs are cared for by you or someone else.  

My W/D is a walk in the park next to yours.  I wish I could walk the dogs for you.  

Jenjen , don't worry about my dogs they are so looked after , my wife walks them they mean everything to us and they have a wonderful loved life , I walk them when my wife is at work and also when I need to get out of the house but at the moment I feel so physically unwell it's hard but I have to try and motivate myself , but thanks for thinking of them 

9 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Terry, your nervous system is in an uproar. Please read this carefully

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Hi altostrata I have read this many times and I fully understand what it says , trying to convince a doctor is another thing , but I can't go on like this , I wake after a couple of hours sleep my body is so full of cortisol and adrenaline that I wake shaking my legs tremble and it makes me feel so unwell , my room is completely dark I go to bed at the same time get up at the same time , I can hardly eat , I cannot work and I don't get paid so I have the worry of that , the thing is it's getting worse not better , how long before I am completely bed ridden , everyday chores are so hard and I am so fatigued , the thing is the doctors keep telling me I am not trying to help my self by not taking meds even though I have suggested that they read this site , I have been in this constant state for over 3 years and I am getting worse , no life just a awfull survival , people keep telling me I will get better but it doesn't seem to be happening , I am so sorry to ramble on but I am so desperate for some relief , I have tried magnesium and fish oil but they don't do a lot to be honest , reinstatement of any of the drugs is out of the question 5 months out and which one would you reinstate, but no med will help and will make me worse or even push me over the edge , I am a lost soul 

Hi Terry - 

I am so sorry that you are having a rough recovery. I see from skimming your thread that you have tried several things.

My suggestion would be this - build a recovery toolkit from scratch. I am going to eschew any suggestions of supplements for now. You stated you have tried some, though I do not see much in the way of consistency there. Still, let's get some primary tools in place, and then we can examine supplements later on.

I realize some of this will repeat info you already have, but let's get it all in one place.

1) First up is mindful breathing. This is deep belly breathing. No shallow, into the chest breathing. No rapid breathing, no whooshing out air or gulping it in. Mindful breathing is slow and steady. Put you hand on your belly. Feel it rise as you slowly breath in through your nose. Breath deeply. Hold it for a beat. Then exhale slowly through your mouth. Do this for at least 4 breaths, whenever you are anxious.

2) Clean out your diet. Get rid off all sugar, caffeine, diet drinks, energy drinks, white flour, white pasta, white rice, and processed foods. Eat vegetables and proteins like chicken and turkey. Beef and pork are fine too if you have no dietary restrictions for them. Try to eat small meals.

3) Exercise. Slow and steady and not over-stimulating is the pace here. Go for walks. Keep a steady pace. Pray while you walk.

4) Read Claire Weekes' book "Hope and Help For Your Nerves. You can search for her name her on the forums to get some basic advice on her method for anxiety, but reading the book will be a big boon I think.

From what I can gather, you may also be experiencing adrenal fatigue. Many of us in recovery are. These meds do a number on our nervous system and on our hormones. Your adrenals are pumping out too much cortisol (which is harming your rest and sleep) and adrenaline (which is what is making you feel so anxious). Cleaning out your diet and using gentle exercise will help. I also personally drink what is dubbed an "adrenal cocktail" twice a day. I mix 4 ounces of fruit juice (orange is best) with 1/2-teaspoon of cream of tartar and 1/2-teaspon of sea salt (must be sea salt, not table salt; it contains important micronutrients). I drink it 1 hour before or after food.

But there are some cautions that come with the adrenal cocktail. If you are on a sodium-restricted diet or have a heart problem, definitely check with your medical doctor first. Also, cream of tartar has potassium in it, which comes with it's own warnings:

"If you are healthy, cream of tartar (aka potassium tartarate) at 1 tsp/day total = 500mg (1/2 tsp 2x/day) with OJ should provide no harm at all. Daily amount needed 3400mg. Those suffering from Addison’s disease, diabetes, acute renal failure, are on dialysis, or for those undergoing treatments that prevent the excretion of potassium from the body through urine should not use cream of tartar.  If you suffer from any cardiac, kidney, or electrolyte issues, or suffer from severe low blood pressure, or multiple health conditions you are medicated for, you should consult with your doctor/HCP before adding extra potassium bitartrate to your daily diet. When speaking to your HCP, please give both names: cream of tartar, & potassium bitartrate."

But if you are not at risk from extra potassium or sodium, give it a try.

I hope this gives you a good starting point for your toolkit. Let me know if there is more I can do for you.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

Terry asked me in a PM (but I am porting it over here for other readers to follow) -

"Thank you for your post , I was just curious about your adrenal fix , how did you find it helped you in what way , did you get any bad reactions to it , I think in the mornings my body is so full of adrenaline and cortisol that is why I feel so bad and shake so much , has it helped your shaking , how long did you take it for before you notice any benefits."

I first suspected an adrenal problem when I googled about some strange back pain I was having that I could tell was not muscular or spinal, right around the time I was also researching about cortisol spikes. A strange but happy convergence!

The adrenals are located above the kidneys, and when they are fatigued, it can present as back pain - as well as pain down into the hips and knees. My googling led to various blogs about adrenal fatigue. They all recommended dietary changes. And a few had the recipe for the adrenal cocktail. For me, the cocktail has been a God-send. Along with cleaning out my diet (though boy, do I mess up on that a lot), it has helped cut my cortisol and adrenaline response. I do not know what percentage of my recovery I can give to the cocktail, but it is a daily essential part of my toolkit. My tremors and neuropathic pain are nearly gone. And the pain in my back is reduced significantly to the point where it only bothers me on days when I let my diet go bad.

It took about a month before I began noticing results. Again, I do not know how much is due to the cocktail - but I never skip it.

SJ

Main thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/14472-shakeyjerr-say-hello/

History: Prozac & Lithium from 1999 to 2003. Ended up back on after 4 months because taking a beta-blocker caused immediate depression (just 2 doses - turned out I didn't even need it; I had no other withdrawal symptoms - I might have ended up med and withdrawal-free otherwise :(). - Switched to Effexor (75mg 3/day) and Seroquel (50mg 3/day) in 2010. - Did a self-taper during 2016. - Developed Discontinuation Syndrome 02/17.

Supplements: Magnesium-Glycinate 400mg split into 4 100mg doses throughout the day. Vitamin C 500mg - once per day. Fish Oil 1360 mg (950 mg Active Omega-3) - twice per day.

I'm not a doctor. I use the internet, experience, and trial & error. Seek medical advice if necessary.

I think now after being of meds for5 months I have actually hit full blown withdrawals , I have suffered hell over the last 4 years with unrelenting symptoms but I have always had some sort of med in my system , doctors c/t me 5 months ago and now I feel it has caught up with me big time , I am having symptoms that I have never had in the last week I feel so much deeper depressed , shake more than ever , I have a feeling of a heavy weight on my chest and my breathing is very shallow , severe dizziness , the chest and breathing are completely new to me after 20 years of taking meds never had this before , I am only getting 2 hours sleep a night have been like this for 5 months solid , I use to get 6 hours a night , I am very reluctantly thinking of asking the doctor to give me something short term to calm me down , have tried the magnesium and fish oil not noticed any change 

14 minutes ago, Terry4949 said:

I think now after being of meds for5 months I have actually hit full blown withdrawals , I have suffered hell over the last 4 years with unrelenting symptoms but I have always had some sort of med in my system , doctors c/t me 5 months ago and now I feel it has caught up with me big time , I am having symptoms that I have never had in the last week I feel so much deeper depressed , shake more than ever , I have a feeling of a heavy weight on my chest and my breathing is very shallow , severe dizziness , the chest and breathing are completely new to me after 20 years of taking meds never had this before , I am only getting 2 hours sleep a night have been like this for 5 months solid , I use to get 6 hours a night , I am very reluctantly thinking of asking the doctor to give me something short term to calm me down , have tried the magnesium and fish oil not noticed any change 

dam I wish I had a way to take this from you terry ,I don't know enough about meds so wont suggest anything ,but this whitenuckling must end but what is the answer says you .I've had a rough 7 months myself but there has been windows .

have you looked at the stories on here about longer meds use to get some perspective and see what would be best for you .of course I cant recommended going back on drugs ,that's only your decision .but this suffering isn't good [sorry for trigger].

peace to you

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

So I have just been to see my phyciatrist after waiting 18 weeks , when I get in the room there are  3 of them , so they done the usually how are you and I continued to tell them that I am in total and utter despair, the  3 of them taking notes , we see you have been struggling to feel better for some while they said , er over 4 years of the most deliberating physical and mental symptoms you will ever know . So I tried to educate them on the damage to my cns that has been done by the meds and the multiple c/t that have been perform on me and that they have caused me so much harm that it will take me many years to recover from and that's if I am strong enough to last that long , they acknowledge that my body can't take ssri s and that I am very sensitive to medication and even that the meds that they have stuck me on over the last few years have had no impact on my mental health at all , really ! But they still don't think that the damage could impact me in such away that it would leave me in the physical and mental state , and they believe that the depression and anxiety is still a major part of me and not withdrawel , they said that the anxiety is so high and the physical symptoms are so bad because of it they wanted to give me clonazapam to get it under control but I refused a benzo saying don't you think you have done enough damage , they are concerned about the burning skin , temperature , overheating shaking , and lack of sleep constantly thirsty and want me to have hashimoto test, but I told them it will come back negative , it's disruption to my cns , but they will not listen , the phyciatrist wants me to start buspirone to see if it helps lesson some of the physical symptoms , how do we educate these people to stop them from doing more damage to people , how can we tell them that it is only going to get worse and that it is causing people a life time of misery and that through their actions I may never return to the person I once was , it's beyond me , and one other thing I mentioned the work of prof David Healy backing up this is what is happening to people on antidepressants and the life of suffering and he's many papers on the life's it has destroyed and all 3 of them said that he had no proof of this and that we could all say what we think is happening , if this was true why aren't more phyciatrist coming forward and presenting all this proof , and that they think my mind has been corrupted by his unfounded allegations and that I should concentrate on getting better ,   Please god help us .

I had been this to this converstaion to 3 different psychiatrists who damaged me. 

All say what you said above. They never think that pain is caused by them even if its 100 times more after their meds with various new symptoms.

cannot give you suggestions about what to do coz I am in the same mental state .. not knowing whether waiting  will help me .

I wish you get better from my heart.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • Mentor

I've had this conversation as well. I made sure I went in the middle of WD so they could see me sweating and see my hands shaking with tremors. They just won't believe.  You know hundreds of years ago people believed the earth was flat and nothing anyone could say would change their minds because they could see a flat horizon. It's the same now with these drugs. 

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

when are we going to stop going near these ignorant people .

I had a consultation with a well respected psychologist [retired ] and a well known antidepressant critic .

he said stay away from these physiatrists .

They are part of the medical model ,i.e. big pharma .if there go to manual is the DSM and that's all they have why are we expecting any other outcome .

now maybe they have there place and maybe some of them mite wake up and become nutritionists and actually help people  .

I really don't think we should be putting ourselves in a position to be judged by these people .

hopeing you great peace terry

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

3 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

So I have just been to see my phyciatrist after waiting 18 weeks , when I get in the room there are  3 of them , so they done the usually how are you and I continued to tell them that I am in total and utter despair, the  3 of them taking notes , we see you have been struggling to feel better for some while they said , er over 4 years of the most deliberating physical and mental symptoms you will ever know . So I tried to educate them on the damage to my cns that has been done by the meds and the multiple c/t that have been perform on me and that they have caused me so much harm that it will take me many years to recover from and that's if I am strong enough to last that long , they acknowledge that my body can't take ssri s and that I am very sensitive to medication and even that the meds that they have stuck me on over the last few years have had no impact on my mental health at all , really ! But they still don't think that the damage could impact me in such away that it would leave me in the physical and mental state , and they believe that the depression and anxiety is still a major part of me and not withdrawel , they said that the anxiety is so high and the physical symptoms are so bad because of it they wanted to give me clonazapam to get it under control but I refused a benzo saying don't you think you have done enough damage , they are concerned about the burning skin , temperature , overheating shaking , and lack of sleep constantly thirsty and want me to have hashimoto test, but I told them it will come back negative , it's disruption to my cns , but they will not listen , the phyciatrist wants me to start buspirone to see if it helps lesson some of the physical symptoms , how do we educate these people to stop them from doing more damage to people , how can we tell them that it is only going to get worse and that it is causing people a life time of misery and that through their actions I may never return to the person I once was , it's beyond me , and one other thing I mentioned the work of prof David Healy backing up this is what is happening to people on antidepressants and the life of suffering and he's many papers on the life's it has destroyed and all 3 of them said that he had no proof of this and that we could all say what we think is happening , if this was true why aren't more phyciatrist coming forward and presenting all this proof , and that they think my mind has been corrupted by his unfounded allegations and that I should concentrate on getting better ,   Please god help us .

there is a serious criticism out there of psychiatry and there medical model ,I'm pretty sure there's even a serious demonstration in Europe in September at a seminar ,I must check madinamerica .

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.