SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Terry4949

Terry, I know it is terrible. The most terrible is that you have no relief 8 months out. But after 6 medicaments cold turkey within 12 months it is possible. I dont know if it is withdrawal  or damage from the medicaments but I believe there is always some solution. Sure you would better heal without medicaments but if it is too much then try to cooperate with some doctor to find some medicament which allows you to survive this worst time. To survive is the most important. Noone says that you have to take it all your life, later when you feel stronger you can taper it off.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I know people have reported that neuropathy is part of withdrawel , but I have had a metallic taste in my mouth for months now , and my face and gums feel like the only way to describe it is that feeling you get when you have had a injection at the dentist for a filling , and my brain just burns , it’s with me all day , it feels like I have acid running through my veins , it’s very disturbing , has anyone else experienced this and have they found anything to ease this , or is it something else other than withdrawel , the taste thing is like you have a metal coin in your mouth constant , 

2001 to jan 2015 Effexor 150 mg 

jan 2015 15 mg mirtazapine 20 mg quetiapine 

feb 2015 quetiapine stopped 

feb 2015 30 mg of citalopram added 

feb 2015 mirtazapine increased to 30 mg 

july 2015 citalopram stopped 

sept 2015 200mg of pregabalin 

jan 2017 mirtazapine stopped

jan 2017 20 mg fluoxetine

march 2017 all meds stopped 

41 minutes ago, Terry4949 said:

I know people have reported that neuropathy is part of withdrawel , but I have had a metallic taste in my mouth for months now , and my face and gums feel like the only way to describe it is that feeling you get when you have had a injection at the dentist for a filling , and my brain just burns , it’s with me all day , it feels like I have acid running through my veins , it’s very disturbing , has anyone else experienced this and have they found anything to ease this , or is it something else other than withdrawel , the taste thing is like you have a metal coin in your mouth constant , 

Hi Terry, I too have the metallic taste. My teeth tingle too and sometimes I get extreme pain when I eat something. I also get little pimply bits on the end of my tongue that sort of blister. I've also had the burning head pain but it comes in waves. My metallic taste started when I was taking Zopiclone over 7 weeks then ct'd over a month ago before I knew any better (was told to by psych!). The taste and sensitive teeth went but have come back. Some days the taste seems to build over the day. I totally get your feeling of acid in your veins!

I don't have any way of helping it. I'm just trying to accept it as withdrawal symptoms. I'm also on diazepam and I've read a side effect can be metallic taste but I'm stuck on it for however long.

i also smoke and don't think it helps but also can't just stop. But I think it's mainly withdrawal symptoms. However I have had windows from all the symptoms you describe and would think you will get them too.

What meds are you on and are you withdrawing right now? 

Healkng wishes, Nikki 

2009-2011 mirtazapine 45mg plus clonaz as needed. Start Lexapro Nov 2011. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2018 October Lexapro 4.5 to 4.25 mg  clonazepam 0.80 mg  mirtazapine 15 mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

previous signature here  recent dosing and symptom logs here

34 minutes ago, Nikki74 said:

Hi Terry, I too have the metallic taste. My teeth tingle too and sometimes I get extreme pain when I eat something. I also get little pimply bits on the end of my tongue that sort of blister. I've also had the burning head pain but it comes in waves. My metallic taste started when I was taking Zopiclone over 7 weeks then ct'd over a month ago before I knew any better (was told to by psych!). The taste and sensitive teeth went but have come back. Some days the taste seems to build over the day. I totally get your feeling of acid in your veins!

I don't have any way of helping it. I'm just trying to accept it as withdrawal symptoms. I'm also on diazepam and I've read a side effect can be metallic taste but I'm stuck on it for however long.

i also smoke and don't think it helps but also can't just stop. But I think it's mainly withdrawal symptoms. However I have had windows from all the symptoms you describe and would think you will get them too.

What meds are you on and are you withdrawing right now? 

Healkng wishes, Nikki 

Hi Nikki thanks for your reply , I am currently not on any medication 9 months now c/t by the hospital , so I can’t blame it on any medication , I also get the very tingly teeth , it did go away but has come back again , I used sensitive tooth paste for months but has made no difference , I have never smoked so can’t attribute it to that , just seems 9 months of and all I can taste is metal , 

1 hour ago, Terry4949 said:

Hi Nikki thanks for your reply , I am currently not on any medication 9 months now c/t by the hospital , so I can’t blame it on any medication , I also get the very tingly teeth , it did go away but has come back again , I used sensitive tooth paste for months but has made no difference , I have never smoked so can’t attribute it to that , just seems 9 months of and all I can taste is metal , 

It is definitely a withdrawal symptom Terry and it will go. I know it's dreadful. I too ct'd from three meds though reinstated one. Pregabalin was one of them (five months ago) and they work on GABA so I'm thinking it's that and the Zop which also affects gaba. I'm sending healing wishes. It will take time. I know mine will. 

June 2016 Zopiclone, July-Sept Trazodone 50mg, adverse reaction, ct, started pregabalin, reduced Lexapro from 20 to 15mg

Start of 2017 on 15mg lexapro, 100mg pregablin. April added 15mg mirtazapine. End May.  Start June stop pregablin after two week taper.  End June.  Stopped Lexapro 15mg 3 wk taper. Start July Mirt 30mg + Diaz daily 2-4mg End July  returned to mirtaz 15mg + lexapro at 10mg reinstated. 4th Aug - 19 Sept Zopiclone (3.75 then 7.5 then 3.75 at the end)

diazepam 7-8mg day since then. 16 Sept cut lex to 5mg. 5-6 Oct swapped 5mg lex to 8.15am and 15mg mirtazipine to 11pm

8 Oct onwards sticking to 6mg diazepam p/day 3 doses/ 2 Feb start 1mg clonazepam, stop Diaz. 21 Feb 2% cut lex. 8 March 12.5% clon cut. Now take .5 clon 9am, .375 5pm(0.875 mg daily clonazepam) 16 May  @8% clon reduction so 9am dose .43(0.805 mg daily clonazepam)

2 July 10% Lexapro reduction to 4.5mg. 9 Aug .25mg lex cut  to 4.25mg/ 13 Aug 4.5mg

2019 October present drugs:  Lexapro 2.75 mg(tapers of 0.25 increments in last year at 5 -9 week intervals),  clonazepam 0.78 mg(taper of .02 mg November 2018),  mirtazapine 15 mg

2020 January 5th Lexapro taper to 2.57 mg(2%drop), total clonazepam 0.78 mg, mirtazapine 15 mg

Another way to describe it is the feeling of being intoxicated but I don’t drink , the saliva in my mouth tastes chemical , but reminds me of if you have ever drunk spirits , the morning after taste , drink and food don’t remove the taste I can still taste it in my mouth all the time , maybe it’s not withdrawel and something else , 

7 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

Another way to describe it is the feeling of being intoxicated but I don’t drink , the saliva in my mouth tastes chemical , but reminds me of if you have ever drunk spirits , the morning after taste , drink and food don’t remove the taste I can still taste it in my mouth all the time , maybe it’s not withdrawel and something else , 

It sounds like a withdrawal symptom to me because I've got it and I've had the odd window. Strange tastes and smells are common symptoms I've read Terry.

This chemical feeling I am getting is getting worse day by day , my face and mouth feel like I am constantly being poisoned , my gums are sore , and it’s like I am drinking from a cup full of battery acid ,  9 months of all meds , seriously is this withdrawel , could it be really something else , don’t want to keep going to the doctors but am I over looking something here , can the drugs still be in my system after all this while , 

Terry, it must be really awful for you to go through this.  I've been taking Prozac since 2004 and whenever I try to come off I get terrible symptoms.

A very very low mood takes hold and I end up going back on the meds again.  

Now that I know about withdrawal I find it gives me that extra knowledge.  That's why I think you should consider what the moderators are suggesting - to try a low dose of some drug that has helped you in the past.  

Its worth a try and when you stabilise,  you could then start a slow taper.

Best wishes.

From 2000 onwards - Prozac 20mg daily.. Numerous attempts to come off have been disastrous - extreme anxiety,  depression.

(2005 - 2007 Tried Citalopram, 20mg. But switched back to Prozac.)

2007 - 20016 Prozac, 20mg.

Feb 2016 - Feb 2017 Have reduced gradually from 20mg to13mg.

Feb 2017 -  Jan 2018,  have reduced gradually from 13mg to 12mg.

This is going very slowly  because I reduced too quickly and had to go back up. 

Been a long journey but already I feel much more like me. Less brain fog...

How do you know when withdrawel has stopped if you are still suffering with depression , for those that had chronic depression before a/d and that’s the reason you went on them in the first place , how do you know that your withdrawel has passed and that it’s not the original symptom , how do you go about dealing with it , the reason some of people were placed on meds obviously is because they had crushing depression and they needed something to survive what if you are back at that base level and you are trying to wait it out thinking it’s withdrawel , but you are just getting sicker 

• Moderator Emeritus

Here is a topic about this question:  Is it withdrawal or relapse?  Or something else?

And also this:

On 22/08/2016 at 12:35 PM, scallywag said:

How do I know it's withdrawal and not relapse?

Typically, in withdrawal symptoms such as melancholia, anxiety, and disorientation come in intense waves, sometimes only a few minutes long, which differentiates them from relapse of a psychological condition.

In withdrawal, symptoms are much more intense than the original psychological condition. People suffering from withdrawal often say things like

- "This doesn't feel like my depression."
- "I've never had symptoms like this before."
- "I feel very weird and not like myself."
- "I can't feel my feelings."

It's up to you to decide whether your body and brain are behaving "normally" as they did before you tried medication, or if you are feeling differently. No one else, not even a doctor, can determine this.

Also see this post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Moderators have suggested that maybe starting a low dose of a antidepressant to help me stabilise in earlier posts, and then reduce slowly once this has happened to try and reduce withdrawel effects , I am in such a depressive state that I can hardly function , what would I even start , I have had sertraline , citalopram ,mirtazapine , quetiapine , buspar, flouxetine, lamotrigine , and found no relief the only one that sort of helped was Effexor but that pooped out and caused so much distress even when reinstating and upping dose , so where or what would you introduce , do I run the risk of destroying myself completely, the only negative thing about this forum I can say is it has installed utter fear in me about trying or reinstating any med now , even if it could get me out of this hole , I have spent ages trying to convince my family about what has happened to me ,but they think they see no improvement only me getting worse that all this protracted withdrawel maybe not be right as they can’t see the healing only the suffering , many people can reinstate their original med in time and stabilise but I am 3 years of the only one that did help untill it went against me , so confused about it all , I have now gone into a serious anhendonia stage which seems to be getting worse ,

Terry,  yes it is very difficult to distinguish between what we are going through.  Is it our original  fears, anxieties, depression etc returning or is it withdrawal?  

Perhaps we should think of it as both.  But it is the medication that is causing a lot more severe symptoms, many of which are physical  (such as fast beating hearts , and thinking everything is unreal and scary).

i remember when I was going through it I thought this was the 'real me' . And I went back on 20mg of Prozac.   But now I realise I may have been ok if I started back on say 10 mg.   who knows?

it sounds to me you are in withdrawal from the many drugs prescribed over a long time. 

It's up to you what you decide but and I hope you get relief soon from the hell you are going through.

From 2000 onwards - Prozac 20mg daily.. Numerous attempts to come off have been disastrous - extreme anxiety,  depression.

(2005 - 2007 Tried Citalopram, 20mg. But switched back to Prozac.)

2007 - 20016 Prozac, 20mg.

Feb 2016 - Feb 2017 Have reduced gradually from 20mg to13mg.

Feb 2017 -  Jan 2018,  have reduced gradually from 13mg to 12mg.

This is going very slowly  because I reduced too quickly and had to go back up. 

Been a long journey but already I feel much more like me. Less brain fog...

I believe that if you can hold job and be physically active withdrawal has passed. If the only thing you have is strong emotions: sadness, happiness thats just your brain learning to use its emotions again. Taking as low as 5 mg of Paxil a few days for me, and I can fee the difference compared to before. It's very interesting to be so aware of yourself, and feel the diffrence with and without medication on your mood.

Edit: Sorry for the ignorant replay I just read your signature, my experience is low. I'm sure there are "veterans" on this amazing site who can help you. I got helped so I believe you can be helped also. Lastly always listen to your instincts, and your body, your the one in control, thats something I'm still struggling to learn for mysef, being raised as a spoiled child and all.

Stimulaton 50mg 28.11.2008 - 01.11.2011

PAXIL (Xetanor) 40mg;  30.11.2011 - 19.09.2017

Tapered : 19.09.2017 - 29.09.2017 20mg

Tapered : 30.09.2017 - 10.10.2017 5mg 

Reinstated : 03.11.2017;  5mg

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

• Mentor
On 10/19/2017 at 12:46 AM, UnfoldingSky said:

I know the lost time can't be made up for, however, once you start to see those glimmers of healing you realize there is so much beauty in the world that you appreciate more than if this had not happened.  It is worth it to keep going.

Unfolding Sky, thank you for this glimmer of hope. Terry, you are not alone...

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

On 10/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, FarmGirlWorks said:

Unfolding Sky, thank you for this glimmer of hope. Terry, you are not alone...

Glad to be of some help!

Terry how are you doing?

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Terry, how are you doing?  Thinking of you and pulling for you.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

13 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

Glad to be of some help!

Terry how are you doing?

Thanks for asking unfoldingsky I am still struggling sleep has become very bad again only getting an hour at night to be honest , the last four or five weeks the head noise has really ramped up a loud pulsating noise especially in my right ear which is worse when I lie down , still have zero energy and feel like poison is running through my veins . I keep trying to motivate myself but generally feel crap all day , the old saying fed up of being fed up , 

11 minutes ago, Terry4949 said:

Thanks for asking unfoldingsky I am still struggling sleep has become very bad again only getting an hour at night to be honest , the last four or five weeks the head noise has really ramped up a loud pulsating noise especially in my right ear which is worse when I lie down , still have zero energy and feel like poison is running through my veins . I keep trying to motivate myself but generally feel crap all day , the old saying fed up of being fed up , 

Hi Terry. I believe we've met on the FB Lyrica page. Sorry to hear you're suffering still. Are you under a psychiatrist currently and if so what do they make of your predicament? Your drug history is as bad as mine but at least you are off them. I've only managed to kick lyrica back in July and believe I'm still suffering w/d's from that experience and like you my depression is still out of control. My shrink has offered Lamotrigine as a mood stabiliser which does work for some. As I'm on 4 drugs already I'm loathed to take up this suggestion as nothing has worked for me and it would just be something more to withdrawal from. I'm trying to stabilise but finding it impossible and think it is still a lot to do with my lyrica experience. Why on earth did the hospital c/t you off fluoxetine after only 7 weeks. It takes 10-12 weeks to start working in my experience?

Dosulepin 75mg 1996 - 1997 tapered off no problem - Prozac sporadic use between 1995 and 2011 usually 9 months then off.

Mirtazapine 2015 tapered off after 4 months no problem -Prozac 20mg 2012-2015 tapered off no problems

Prozac 20mg April 2016-May 2016 stopped ct after 4 weeks due to adverse reaction I believe to be serotnin toxicity due to mirtazapine interaction

Escitlopram 10 mg May 2016 - cut to 5mg May 2016  stopped ct November 2016 no W/d's noted

Lyrica 300mg May 2016 - July 2017 - Taper from Jan to Jul 17 awful taper.

Lofepramine 150mg  November 2016 - January 2017 Swift w/d as it didn't work

Quetiapine 75mg November 2016 changed to 150 XL May2017 changed to 150mg IR July 2017 reduced to in 25mg steps from July to 50mg Oct 17. 37.5mg 12th Nov 17 - 35mg 20 Nov 17 - 30mg 22 Nov 17 - 25mg 24 Nov 17 dropped to 20mg Dec 17, 15mg Jan 18. Current taken at bedtime.

Quetiapine dropped Jan 17th 2018.

Dosulepin 75mg May 2017 - increased in 25mg steps to 175mg Oct 17 Reduced to 150mg Nov 17 current taken at bedtime

Diazepam 15mg May 2016 - c/t'd by shrink after 6 weeks. Reinstated at 12mg after 4 weeks June 16 - current 4mg 3 times a day morning, 2.30pm and bedtime.

Mirtazapine 15mg since March 2015 - current - pooped out within 4 weeks

6 minutes ago, Staz said:

Hi Terry. I believe we've met on the FB Lyrica page. Sorry to hear you're suffering still. Are you under a psychiatrist currently and if so what do they make of your predicament? Your drug history is as bad as mine but at least you are off them. I've only managed to kick lyrica back in July and believe I'm still suffering w/d's from that experience and like you my depression is still out of control. My shrink has offered Lamotrigine as a mood stabiliser which does work for some. As I'm on 4 drugs already I'm loathed to take up this suggestion as nothing has worked for me and it would just be something more to withdrawal from. I'm trying to stabilise but finding it impossible and think it is still a lot to do with my lyrica experience. Why on earth did the hospital c/t you off fluoxetine after only 7 weeks. It takes 10-12 weeks to start working in my experience?

Staz , the hospital c/ t of flouxetine because they don’t know what they are doing to be honest they stopped my mirtazapine and lyrica as well they were just throwing med after med and making everything worse , I am under a phyciatrist and he doesn’t believe in all this withdrawel in fact now I am 9 months of he says that all the drug is out of my system and withdrawals don’t last that long the usual old story , the physical damage it has done to me is unrelenting. I tried lamotrigine it didn’t do anything for me it might work for you , alto found it helpful others havnt , at the end of the day it’s another drug that you have to taper , strange for a site that doesn’t recommend drugs it suggest one to take . If you are allready on 4 meds I wouldn’t add another , I know what you mean about the lyrica coming of that absolutely destroyed me and I believe it is responsible for all my burning pain , mirtazapine and flouxetine were to activating for me ramped everything up ten fold , 

If you suspect you are suffering from withdrawal have you considered reinstating a very small dose, and then going from there? I don't think that adding more drugs will be a good idea if you are very sure its withdrawal to something you stopped.

My own small encounter wtih withdrawal has shown that reinstating a small amount helped me. Some time passed, and I started to feel bad again but not to the same degree I was before reinstatment so that might mean the medication worked on withdrawal, but its not enough. I might have to add even more later, will see.

Stimulaton 50mg 28.11.2008 - 01.11.2011

PAXIL (Xetanor) 40mg;  30.11.2011 - 19.09.2017

Tapered : 19.09.2017 - 29.09.2017 20mg

Tapered : 30.09.2017 - 10.10.2017 5mg 

Reinstated : 03.11.2017;  5mg

14.11.2017 - 10 mg

13.12.2017 - 20mg

My shrink is the same Terry. He told me to cut my mirt by 50% then 2 weeks later got zero after 18 months on it. He did the same with quetiapine suggesting cutting 25mg every two weeks form 150mg. I got to 50mg and am still suffering as a result and can go no further as yet. He also told me my taper of 8 months on lyrica from 300mg to 0mg was too long and at 50mg wouldn't be effecting anything so it was all in my mind. I despair. 

Dosulepin 75mg 1996 - 1997 tapered off no problem - Prozac sporadic use between 1995 and 2011 usually 9 months then off.

Mirtazapine 2015 tapered off after 4 months no problem -Prozac 20mg 2012-2015 tapered off no problems

Prozac 20mg April 2016-May 2016 stopped ct after 4 weeks due to adverse reaction I believe to be serotnin toxicity due to mirtazapine interaction

Escitlopram 10 mg May 2016 - cut to 5mg May 2016  stopped ct November 2016 no W/d's noted

Quetiapine 75mg November 2016 changed to 150 XL May2017 changed to 150mg IR July 2017 reduced to in 25mg steps from July to 50mg Oct 17. 37.5mg 12th Nov 17 - 35mg 20 Nov 17 - 30mg 22 Nov 17 - 25mg 24 Nov 17 dropped to 20mg Dec 17, 15mg Jan 18. Current taken at bedtime.

Dosulepin 75mg May 2017 - increased in 25mg steps to 175mg Oct 17 Reduced to 150mg Nov 17 current taken at bedtime

Diazepam 15mg May 2016 - c/t'd by shrink after 6 weeks. Reinstated at 12mg after 4 weeks June 16 - current 4mg 3 times a day morning, 2.30pm and bedtime.

13 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

I'm sorry it's so difficult still Terry.   I have had ears plugging, strange loud noise in one ear, so bad I thought I'd have to go to the doctor, worried something serious happened...then in an hour it would go or move to other ear not as bad, and then move back and so on.  I have no idea if it was made worse by listening to music on headphones which I could manage later in withdrawal but I stopped doing that just in case.  It is frightening though to have it happen.  Then it would abruptly leave and it would be like it had not even happened.

Does yours come and go through the day?

Hoping you get some respite and a good long rest,

US

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

9 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

I'm sorry it's so difficult still Terry.   I have had ears plugging, strange loud noise in one ear, so bad I thought I'd have to go to the doctor, worried something serious happened...then in an hour it would go or move to other ear not as bad, and then move back and so on.  I have no idea if it was made worse by listening to music on headphones which I could manage later in withdrawal but I stopped doing that just in case.  It is frightening though to have it happen.  Then it would abruptly leave and it would be like it had not even happened.

Does yours come and go through the day?

Hoping you get some respite and a good long rest,

US

No the head noise I get is constant all day even with sounds around me I can still hear it , the noise can be louder at night and a heavy pulsating noise worse on the right side of my head  , 

21 hours ago, Krasiyan said:

If you suspect you are suffering from withdrawal have you considered reinstating a very small dose, and then going from there? I don't think that adding more drugs will be a good idea if you are very sure its withdrawal to something you stopped.

My own small encounter wtih withdrawal has shown that reinstating a small amount helped me. Some time passed, and I started to feel bad again but not to the same degree I was before reinstatment so that might mean the medication worked on withdrawal, but its not enough. I might have to add even more later, will see.

Reinstatement is out of the question , which one would you even try , over the last 12 months from Effexor , citalopram quetiapine mirtazapine , flouxetine pregablin lamotrigine, which one would you stabilise on , all of them made my symptoms a lot worse

15 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

No the head noise I get is constant all day even with sounds around me I can still hear it , the noise can be louder at night and a heavy pulsating noise worse on the right side of my head  , 

I can't think of the name of this, but, is it where you hear your heartbeat really loud in your ear? As I had that happen too sometimes for a bit.  It's not happened in a long while though, the other noise happened more recently.  No wonder you are having such a difficulty with sleep, with that going on!  I feel for you!

Hi Terry,

Have you asked your doc about agomelatine? It's relatively new and supposed to be be as effective as any snri or ssri and works quickly. It's action is based on melatonin so promotes sleep  as well. It's trade name is Valdoxan. You need to keep your liver tests going with it for the first few months. It was offered to me but would require me to come of dosulepin first and have a two week gap before starting it as it's contradicted to TCA a/d's. http://www.brainprotips.com/agomelatine-review-the-truth-about-agomelatine-use-in-affective-disorders/

I've developed bad tinnitus after lyrica is that what you have mate?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Terry, hi, I hope you feel already better, just checking on you.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• 4 weeks later...

How does this healing work I am so confused as to withdrawel or just depression if you read my history I have been dealt a bad hand by doctors concerning medications being placed on so many over a 18 month period and then taken of c/ t . I am now 10 months of after suffering for 4 years and if I have hit another wave it’s the worst one ever depression has descended on me like no other , I cannot eat sleep so apathetic cry all the time so fatigued and the waves are getting more and more intense, I have been of all meds 10 months and I am not seeing any improvements yet but the depression is so much worse deep and dark struggling to tell if it’s withdrawel or just normal depression and I don’t know what to do to pull me out I’m loosing everything . I keep thinking I need to be on another medication but I know they havnt helped but I am so desperate now I’m loosing faith in recovery but I have been clean for 10 months but can’t survive this for another 10 , any suggestions

Keep hope.

I cannot assure you time or any supplement.. I have been off 21 months, and definitely currently what I am dealing is better than what was a year ago.

I have been trying things, and that just let me keep going w/o evil drugs.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda

Can akathisia appear after 10 months of not taking any medication , I have been going to bed a night falling a sleep for about a hour the waking so restless cant lie still for more than a minute a inner turmoil that has me tossing and turning so when I get up I just sit and then want to curl in a bal and keep moving back and forth I feel in side that I want to move all my limbs I am not doing very well at the moment and the doctors are trying to get me back in hospital where I don’t want to go , they want me on a med and I have resisted for 10 months now but because I am in such a bad place they may take that decision out of my hands , this is so bad , is there anything I can do for the restlessness please help 

Hi Terry,  Good to hear from you though wish it was under much better circumstances.  I wondered how you were and how you've been over holidays.

Is the restlessness only coming at night?  It may be akathisia but it could also be restless leg syndrome.  That one comes on at night mostly...will be less severe overall than akathisia would be. I had both, akathisia first then way later on had RLS. 

Probably the simplest thing to try that is non-invasive--get a weighted heating pad or blanket and just lay it across your legs to try to keep down the urges to move around so you can get some sleep.  (With a heating pad don't heat it up.)  If you aren't doing this now, avoid sugar and caffeine too especially close to bedtime as that I noticed could make either condition worse.  With RLS I could possibly totally prevent a bout just watching what I ate.

I truly hope you are able to avoid the hospital, you are in my thoughts.

US

Also, should have said akathisia is now long gone for me, RLS only ever came here or there too and have not had that in a while either.  It is more bearable and with a weighted heating pad, barely a bother, and as I said often down to what I've eaten. 

2 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

Also, should have said akathisia is now long gone for me, RLS only ever came here or there too and have not had that in a while either.  It is more bearable and with a weighted heating pad, barely a bother, and as I said often down to what I've eaten. 

Unfoldingsky it’s not rls it’s a uncomfortable feeling of having to move inner vibrations I just toss and turn every 1 minute or so like my body aches , I can’t sleep but just kind of roll in a ball and have an overwhelming urge to move 

Okay gotcha. Do you think a weighted blanket might help? A few people here have akathisia and are finding it helpful. 

I have the same problem-from Prozac. Have you tried clonidine? The weighted blanket is nice but didn’t stop my writhing.

1992 Prozac 60 mg - on and off since, currently on 60mg

2000 Gabapentin 600-3600, currently on 1200mg

January, 2014 Oxycodone 10-40mg, currently 30mg

March, 2012  Cortef 15mg

March, 2012 Liothyronine 110mcg