downtongirl: I want to become med-free

downtongirl

• Moderator Emeritus

You're going to be okay downtongirl. You've given it a really good shot , but suffering to this

extent is no good at all.

Have you read the thread on reinstating here http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/ ?

Start with a teeny dose - 1mg , and see how you respond. Give it at least 4 days before increasing it.

If you have a bad reaction in the first 24 hours , don't take any more.

Do you have any more prozac 10mg tabs?

To get 1mg , mix a 10mg tablet with 10mls of water , and draw up 1ml into an oral syringe.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2693-how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• downtongirl

• Altostrata

• tntd

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bottle of the 5 milligram solution with a dropper how do I get 1 milligram out if the dropper and how long before I should know if it will help

1995 - 2015 antidepressants and antianxiety medicine
Multiple failed attempts to quit/taper anti d/anti anxiety meds since 2008

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

• Moderator Emeritus

You may feel some relief within a couple of hours . . . maybe not for a few days , it's a very

individual thing.

I'm not familiar with the liquid . . . how did you measure 5mg? It may equate to 1 or 2 drops

(I'm guessing here).

Someone else may have a better answer , if not then use your best judgement. The important thing

will be to take the same amount each day.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

I figured it out...1.25 ml is equal to 1/4 teaspoon

June 17, 2016 began prozac bridge to get off of effexor xr, stopped effexor xr on June 24, 2016, could not tolerate prozac due to severe side effects so I had to stop it  Currently...300 mg ER of lithium, 1 mg of estradiol, 60 mg propranolol ER, Fish oil 2 x a day, Magnesium Glycinate,  zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, NAC

Welcome ????☺

I've started taking antidepressants in 2001. I took Cipramil for 3 years. Elflexor for 1 year. Lexapro 10mg - 20mg since 1992 approximately.

STARTING DOSE 20mg Lexapro 2016

19mg Lexapro (3rd January 2016)-Taper 5%

18mg Lexapro (8th February 2O16)-Taper 5%

17mg Lexapro (? March 2016) - Taper 5% -

16mg (16th May 2016) Taper 5 %

17mg (21st August 2016) + 5%

16mg (3rd January 2017) - 5%

15mg (4th February 2017) -5

14mg (6/02/18) -5%

Just took 1.25 ml and am scared to death but I don't know what else to go I have tried supplements roughing it out etc

• Moderator Emeritus

DG , I waited 11 months after a too-fast taper before reinstating. I promise you , months 3-11

things got continually worse. After so many years , you're doing yourself a big service by trying

to reinstate. Hopefully it will enable you to get well and get your life back , and then you can

taper down slowly without debilitating symptoms.

Obviously , I wish I had reinstated sooner. Lesson learned.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

DG , I waited 11 months after a too-fast taper before reinstating. I promise you , months 3-11things got continually worse. After so many years , you're doing yourself a big service by tryingto reinstate. Hopefully it will enable you to get well and get your life back , and then you cantaper down slowly without debilitating symptoms.Obviously , I wish I had reinstated sooner. Lesson learned. :)

How long after you reinstated before you felt better

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't remember exactly to be honest. But after 3 weeks of meds. I went from needing full-time

care for 5 months , to being able to look after myself and my dog again. The fear went away.

I could organize shopping and meals and walks. it just got better from there , so I waited 8 months

before beginning to taper. Now I've gone from 50mg to 22.5mg pristiq and am doing better than i have

for years.

You have a plan now , so your job is to wait it out , just one hour at a time. Do whatever you can

that distracts you . . . t.v. , youtube , cleaning , colouring in , relaxation tracks , anything.

You've done so well to get to this point, keep doing whatever has been helping you.

:)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

*topic moved from symptoms forum

Can carb, caffeine, aspartame, withdrawal mimic anti d withdrawal?

Reason I am asking is there is a pattern with me....exercise for a rew days, cut back on carbs or cut out diet soda and I have withdrawals that are exactly like anti d withdrawals...days that I have multiple bowel movements withdrawal can flare up.....think it has anything tondo with the gut?

Edited by Petunia
topic moved, title and note added

So you had come completely off of pristiq and reinstated at the original dosage?

DTG i am sorry you are not coping.

I dont want to scare you but i thought i would just check something ...

I would like you to confirm what it says on the bottle of prozac liquid is  it 5ml :5mg solution or is it something else  'x' mg per 'y' ml (what is the 'x' and the 'y' ?do you know?)

You say you have a 5mg solution .....you may well be correct or is it a 5 ml soultion.  If it is a 5ml soltn how many mg are in it?

Prozac i read comes in a concentrate,  20mg per 5 ml solution.

Yours may be different but can you check it please ...check the ?mg per ? ml thats in the solute. It should be written on the bottle.

Im sorry but its not accurate enough to use a teaspoon to measure...bucket chemistry wont suffice.

If it should be that you do have the concentrate and you have now taken 1.25 ml (?) then you have in fact taken 5mg.

(You may have taken in excess of 5mg....if my teaspoon measuring ability is anything to go by....hence If i am correct then it may well pay to get a syringe (if you dont have one your pharmacy will) and measure accurately what is left over (assuming the 5ml liquid was untouched prior to this)...tell me what amount of liquid is left over and i will tell you how many mg you took in the teaspoon.)

If you made up your own and you are sure of what you are doing then ignore this post.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

When I cut back carbs, I always feel tired/out of it for the first few days (look up the "carb flu"). I'm sure it's the same for cutting out diet soda (with caffeine and aspartame).

History: Began suffering from panic attacks when my father passed away in 2005. Been on and off SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Effexor XR), and therapy since then.

2009 - Started Effexor XR 75mg. Consistent therapy starting Oct 2013

Feb 2014 - Therapist and I felt I was ready to come off Effexor - went to half dose (37.5mg) for a week and then off completely by advice of psychiatrist - bad w/d for a week then gone

May 2014 - bad protracted w/d came out of nowhere.. constant dizziness, agoraphobia(never had before), intense headaches, fatigue for 3 months, all tests (brain MRI, inner ear tests, blood tests, etc.) normal. could not drive, grocery shop, or live life.

Aug 2014 - back on Effexor XR 75mg as neurologist thought these symptoms were my anxiety coming back, all w/d symptoms disappear within 2 weeks. I should have went back on at a lower dose, but I hadn't discovered this site yet. I finally did discover this site, and gave myself a year to stabilize.

July 2015 - Started tapering from 75mg. 5% cuts every 3 weeks. From July 2015 - March 2016, reduced to 37.5mg (half dose). In March 2017, down to 18.3mg (quarter dose). April 2020 - down to 0.38mg.

Now: Finally med free as of Oct 31, 2020 after 5.5 years of tapering. Still med and withdrawal free, January 2023. ☀️

Supplements during tapering and now: Meditation, daily exercise, fish oil, clean diet, working from home (more sleep!)

If you are cutting back caffeine suddenly, then you will definitely feel it. I would suggest tapering it a bit rather than suddenly cutting it off. If you cut back carbs severely, like less than 60g per day, you can also get the "carb flu" as primekitty says, this is fairly easy to solve by drinking bullion to replenish electrolytes. That low a level might also trigger insomnia in some sensitive people (like me!). Once again it is probably best to step down your carb level, and don't go too low if you are having issues. The gut is also sensitive to serotonin levels, so it is not surprising that changes in bowel function mirror withdrawal symptoms.

1975--first signs of depression

1981--started on imipramine (Tofranil) for IBS and depression

1983-1986--severe depression, rotated through several drugs, on MAOI for one year, eventually back to tricyclics

1986-1994--chronic low grade depression, on tricyclics

1994-96--severe depression, rotated through several drugs inc. Prozax, Effexor, etc..

1996-2013--chronic low grade depression, SAD, on amitryptiline usual dose 12.5-25mg

flurazepam (Dalmane) as needed for insomnia

2013--developed temazepam (Restoril) dependance for 2 months, tapered off over 1 month

started bio-identical progesterone 5 mg., depression has lifted completely to this day

March 2016--forced to c/t both amitryptiline and flurazepam, zolpidem not helpful

reinstated small dose (.5 mg) amitryptiline due to stomach issues and tapering w/titration

June 19th--jumped from amitryptiline--drug free!

I am having bouts of time spans where I can't quit shaking especially my legs....I have chills with it to.

Edited by Petunia
topic moved and note added

* topic moved from symptoms forum

Anyone ever try a supplement powder called relax max or calm recharge?

I went to a naturopath dr today and she suggested I try one of these...

Edited by Petunia
topic moved, added title and note

Update I spoke to psych dr and he dies not want me to reinstate Prozac instead take hydroxyzine until I see him tomorrow. I also went to see a naturopath and she has suggested a few thins two of which are supplement powders called relax max and calm recharge...if I do not fully reinstate I may try one of these...any thoughts...should I try natural supplement powder before fully reinstating?

Thanks for the update

Sounds like you have found a fresh supply of resolve to continue the fight.

Let us know how it goes.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

*topic moved from symptoms forum Do you build up tolerance to natural supplements

Like you do antidepressants?

Edited by Petunia
topic moved, added title and note

Please help should I ask psych dr to reinstate me at 5 or 10 mg or should I try natural supplements or something like propranolol or lyrica?

RelaxMax is made up of stuff we regularly recommend here that is all available OTC and probably at a much better price.  Also this is a blend of supplements.  We don't recommend using blends because if you have a bad reaction to one of the ingredients it is very hard to figure out which one is causing the problems. It is only marketed through practitioners which to me is a warning sigh. 

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value 75 mg 19% 2 g ** 500 mg ** 100 mg ** 50 mg **

** Daily Values not established

The Calm Recharge is another blend that contains a lot of stimulants which are not good for people in WD/Recovery. Also at $76 for a two week supply it would get very expensive very fast.

I couldn't recommend either of these.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thank you for your reply

Hi Downtgirl,

Even though supplements can be helpful at times, they are not going to help with your withdrawal symptoms.  Reinstatement is the only action you can take to help settle your symptoms down. Propranolol and Lyrica, can cause problems.  I think if you stick to your plan of reinstatement , at a small dose of 1- 5mg and then see how you go . Starting off on a low dose is a good idea, as you don't know how sensitive your C.N.S is now.. It's a good idea to keep a journal to track your symptoms and progress over the next couple of weeks. It will take at least 4 days minimum, to achieve  a steady blood state. If this is what you decide to do, I hope it goes well. Please keep us informed.

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

It's been night time in Australia DG . . . what effect did the prozac have on you?

You don't need a psychiatrist to do your own reinstatement - just a doc. to provide scripts.

The only risk of starting at 5mg is that you MAY have an adverse reaction and will have

increased symptoms for a few days if that happens.

The lower the dose you can stabilize at the better in the long run.

AliG is exactly correct: supplements might take the edge off low-grade w/d symptoms , but they can't stop the whole package.

To answer your question about my reinstatement , please see my first post here

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8452-freshs-fractured-fairytale-how-much-can-a-koala-bear/page-1

It was complicated because I was so sick I believed I would never recover and requested to go

to hospital (first time ever) so that they could organize a long-term institution for me.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Hi Downtgirl,

Even though supplements can be helpful at times, they are not going to help with your withdrawal symptoms.  Reinstatement is the only action you can take to help settle your symptoms down. Propranolol and Lyrica, can cause problems.  I think if you stick to your plan of reinstatement , at a small dose of 1- 5mg and then see how you go . Starting off on a low dose is a good idea, as you don't know how sensitive your C.N.S is now.. It's a good idea to keep a journal to track your symptoms and progress over the next couple of weeks. It will take at least 4 days minimum, to achieve  a steady blood state. If this is what you decide to do, I hope it goes well. Please keep us informed.

Ali.

Hey gold star thanks for your response...after taking the new magnesium glycine the and new fish oil the symptoms are a little better...you don't think the supplements can get me through?

Ok so I am planning on begging my doctor to reinstate me on Prozac when I quit I was taking 10 mg I have 5 mg solution at home I took one 5 mg dosage this morning with no positive results...should I start off at the 5 mg and how long before I will have some relief?

I am going to ask him to reinstate the Prozac but he does not believe this is withdrawal and he was talking like he wanted to try me on something different...if he won't reinstate the Prozac do I try another med instead? He is the best psychiatrist in the area so I don't want to loose him

• Moderator Emeritus

Even if he is the best psychiatrist in the world, your health is in your hands not his.  As a patient of any doctor we have the right and responsibility to ourselves to do what WE think is best.  I think (and this is just my opinion) to change meds at this time would be very foolish and setting you up for plenty of trouble.

Have you read How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal? & What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

BTW I really like my GP (who I have been seeing for 30 years) and I really liked my psychologist BUT both of them have put me on ADs and my GP wanted me to alternate doses!!!  It doesn't stop me from liking him BUT I do take my health seriously and research and make my own decisions regarding whether I will take his advice.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Downtongirl, I know this can seem overwhelming and confusing ,at times. This is not an exact science and everyone is different in their reactions to these drugs. There are never any guarantees with reinstatement. However, I think it's worth starting a low dose, and monitoring your symptoms . If you have a bad reaction , you can stop immediately. I do think it is worth trying. I would read through this link on reinstatement again, and see what you think .

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Downtongirl,

I just merged your post from symptoms to here since it's specifically about your situation.  The other forums are for more general thoughts/comments on things. 

Chessie had really good thoughts for you regarding your psychiatirst.  It's also worth noting that a new med will also bring it's own set of problems. 

If he won't reinstate Prozac, instead of trying another med what about trying another doctor?  All you need is someone who is willing to prescribe - and there is apparently no shortage of such doctors :wacko:.  Remember - you are in charge of you, and it is you who should be making this informed decision, not anybody else.

Wishing you a strong sense of self for the appointment,

Karen

x

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Moderator Emeritus

On average it can take 4 days for a change in dose to register in your system.  One dose is definitely not enough to bring change. 

I would start of with 5mg and track symptoms on paper for a while.  If you start to get relief, you know that's a good dose for you.  If after 4 days or a week there is no improvement whatsoever, you could consider moving to a higher dose, but maybe discuss here first if you want more input at that time. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Ive had this. There is a thread on it somewhere here. Dont know what its called.

Was on 30mg (Lexapro) for 7-8yrs20mg for 3 months (This was my choice my Doc wanted me to drop much faster)15 mg 2week10mg 2 weeks 5 mg 1 week0 since August 24th . PPI Dexlant  30 mg taper has begun. Cutting 20% currently.  using zantac as needed.  Benzo is currently 0.10mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Use the search function at for this forum or enter the following in Google.. survivingantidepressants.org: supplements  There are several threads on supplements. You can ask your question on those threads.

Thanks

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Please ask your question on one of the threads that is already devoted to supplements.  Using Google is an effective way to do find them: survivingantidepressants.org: supplements  There are several topics about this on the forum.  

The forum gets bloated with redundant threads and this makes locating relevant information difficult, so please use the search to find out if there is already a relevant topic.  If everyone started a new thread for every question they had, the forum would be impossible to navigate. You started in the neighborhood of SEVEN new threads in the symptoms and self-care forum yesterday; this is VERY excessive.  Please search for relevant information yourself, as opposed to relying on others to do this for you.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

I am having bouts of time spans where I can't quit shaking especially my legs....I have chills with it to.

I moved this topic you started to your own thread. This is the place to ask these kinds of questions. Or search for the answer yourself.

When you have a question or comment about a specific symptom, supplement or treatment, please search to see if we already have a related topic, we usually do.  Then you can benefit from previously collected information and add to the discussion.  This keeps the site organized with all available knowledge in one thread, easily accessible through searches.

The search function on this site doesn't work very well.  The best way to search this site for specific information  is to use your favorite search engine. Type in survivingantidepressants.org then the symptom, treatment, supplement or information you wish to search for.

Downtongirl, please stop creating lots of new topics in the symptoms forum, you are making a lot of work for us as we have to keep moving them.

Here are the topics you are looking for: tremors, shaking, body vibration - Surviving Antidepressants

Body Temperature Dysregulation: fever, chills, shivering, too ...

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

* topic moved from symptoms forum

Anyone ever try a supplement powder called relax max or calm recharge?

I went to a naturopath dr today and she suggested I try one of these...

downtongirl, please ask these kinds of questions in your own thread or use search. I moved this thread from the symptoms forum. Please see brassmonkey's reply above.

Good luck with your appointment, and as others have said, any doctor can prescribe Prozac if you have decided you want to try reinstatement.

Edited by Petunia

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes