Legan: 1 month off

legan

• Moderator Emeritus

If I were you, I might try taking 2mg escilatopram and see if that helps. If not, add 5mg sulpiride. Stabilize for some months, then gradually go off escilatopram, then sulpiride.

What country are you in? For taking small amounts of escilatopram, see Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

legan, did you try this reinstatement that Altostrata suggested? 

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• legan

• Altostrata

• Fresh

• SquirrellyGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

No i didnt .

I cant consider escitolpram no way . Its very bad for me . I know and i feel that .

Either ill consider sulipride or benzo to calm down . I started thinking i used to be alcoholic for 10 years and that something need meds after quiting . But no way antideoressant .

While i was taking benzo i never felt sexual problems or any thing but i was feelibg the dejavue alot

Alcohol for 10 years then benzo for 6 months to help with alcohol then psychosis , and took esctiolpram 20 mg and sulipride 200 mg . quit date 17 -12 -2015

• Administrator

You may wish to reinstate a small amount of sulpiride, such as 25mg. This may stop the withdrawal symptoms and not have the side effects of the antipsychotic. It will be less for you to taper off later. Then, you will want to taper slowly, see Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Here's how to take a small amount of sulpiride How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Also read

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

So can i be ok without reinstement . Is this possible . My feelings now is that ill never be functional again ?

Alcohol for 10 years then benzo for 6 months to help with alcohol then psychosis , and took esctiolpram 20 mg and sulipride 200 mg . quit date 17 -12 -2015

• Administrator

Withdrawal symptoms may last months or years, there is no way to predict how long it will take. Reinstatement can reduce the bad feelings and make you more functional sooner.

Without reinstatement, it may take you a very long time to recover, but you will get better very slowly. See What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks altrosrata,

I think i will reinstate sulipride as it helped before with my fear . But is 25 enough . I mean i was taking 200 may be i need at least 50.what u think

Legan.   It is best to start off reinstating at a small dose, as a " trial run", as your system is sensitive and most probably reactive. It is always better to start of low , and see how you go . You can always increase, at a later date , if needed.  Actually,  25 mg is not a small dose. It is ample to start off with.  It would be a really good idea to keep track of your symptoms , over the next month , so you can see any patterns with your symptoms. Please read this link : It will explain this.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1779-rate-symptoms-daily-to-track-patterns-and-progress

Let us know how you go . I hope it goes well , for you.

Best wishes ,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

So if i took 25 mg . When i expect to stabalize . How long to know if i should increase more to stabalize

Legan.  This is not an exact science. No one can tell you that, for sure.  Everyone is individual in their reactions to anything in this process. There are no guarantees. However , if you take it slow and steady , you should be in a good place for achieving stability in the long term . Once you get stable , you can do a slow taper off, all the while remaining functional and whole. That is the aim. To keep living life,as happy and whole, as you possibly can. This link might help : . http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6632-the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable 

Also this :  It helps to keep track of your symptoms, daily.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1779-rate-symptoms-daily-to-track-patterns-and-progress

I hope it goes well.

It will take at least a few weeks. Possibly a month or more. Keep checking in, periodically and we can see how you are going, and make suggestions.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

I think sulpride should give me immediate releif . It supposed to .

• Administrator

There is no way to tell how your system will react to the sulpiride. AliG is correct, perhaps you should try just a little bit first, perhaps 5mg, to see how it affects you.

If it helps a little, helps a lot, or doesn't have any effect, take it at the same time each day for a week, then evaluate your symptoms.

Please stay in touch with us in your topic.

Still Im thinking of benzo to calm down . This is not fair . my doctor toldme to taper over 3 weeks the escitolpram . I bet he doesnt know any thing about thses drugs . There should be Conspiracy b. And doctors and pharmacies companies do . Yhey want money money money over our health anf our life .

• Administrator

Unfortunately, one can become dependent rather quickly on benzos, then they need to be tapered, too.

Yes, it is unfair, but it's the way it is. Every single person on this forum is in the same situation.

So i m going to reinstate 25 suliride and see what happen

• Administrator

Please re-read our discussion above.

So let me think of something . I cut two drugs almost cold turkey . may be i should stabalize on some drug as the last dosage and see what s goin on . Or stupid idea ?

• Moderator Emeritus

Legan, see this post from your thread (#24):

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/11094-legan-1-month-off/?p=203992

If you want to try the sulpride first rather than the cit, then that is fine, but perhaps it would be best to stage it, one at a time, so that you can see if the first one helps or not.  If you do both at once, you won't know which is helping and the might be taking both unnecessarily.

SG

Started ADs back around 1995 after bad break-up, starting with Prozac.  Switched to Wellbutrin, and then to Effexor in 2002
Effexor XR 2002-2014 up to 225 mg at one point, down to 37.5 mg towards end but back up to 75 mg in 2014; now realize I had W/D as I dropped down, memory very poor about history.  Extreme emotions, poor concentration as I stepped back down, didn't connect the dots!
Summer 2014 reduced to 0 very quickly, was sick of anhedonia/sexual dysfunction due to meds, depression never controlled if not worse. Didn't recognize WD since symptoms built slowly (thought I had ADD! and menopausal on top of it), starting with severe sweats, very bad cog-fog and memory issues, culminating in weight loss, severe anxiety and depression, panic, severe apathy and insomnia by eight months off.  Saw p-doc who put me on Remeron, increased from 7.5 mg/day to 37.5 mg by May 22, 2015; still doing very badly though able to sleep.

June 1. 2015 Reinstated Effexor XR 37.5 mg, Remeron dropped to 30 mg PM. Immediate relief of symptoms, like nothing had ever happened!  Joined SA and began on advice of friend who recognized it was WD all along! Began tapering in July 2015.

Been tapering both meds ever since, focusing on one more than the other or doing no more than 5% of each per month.

12 mg Effexor and 5.8 mg Remeron (mirtazapine SolTabs to make a solution with OraPlus) as of 5/4/2017 

Update 3/14/18: 2.9 mg Remeron and 6 mg Effexor; 6/10/18:  2.6 mg Remeron and 4.9 mg Effexor

My intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9313-squirrellygirl-effexor-withdrawal-etc/page-2#entry196679

I loooked at the post and realized what is written .

So may be i should consider thr escitoloram first as indicated .

Im going to keep the disicion for later . But thats reducing thing that makes me miserable as im in bad state of mind . Ill let you know what happen

Thanks

I feel im still poisened and i have liver pain . Is ot still possible that my liver still cleaning after 40 days . It should be gonr in a week .

Legan.  You could try 5mg Sulpuride as was suggested.  Keep daily notes on your symptoms.Take it at the same time for a week.Then, we can see how you're going.

• Administrator

Yes, it can take some time for a liver to recover from injury. Did you have tests showing liver damage?

I had test for liver before using the meds and was fine. Then i used them for two months then quit . And now 40 days after quitting i feel the pain and noise also . Can withdrawals injure the liver ? I didbt feel pain before i quit .

• Administrator

You need to have a liver function test.

Is it posssible to have brain tumor from going cold turkey like me . I feel my left side behind my skull is bigger than the right . And it hurts . Is it ? I became scared i had physical harm

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Legan , it's pretty unlikely.  

What dose tablets of sulipride do you have?  Did you work out how to get 5mg worth ?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

No still didnt reinstate any thing .

Are sexual dreams sign of healing . Ive been expeienced it alot lately ? I still cant ejaculate .

• Administrator

No, it's not possible to create a brain tumor from going off drugs.

About the dreams -- what do you think?

Thanks Alt . Cause i was thonking to make ct scan or mri.

About the dreams . I think its good sign though i still cant ejaculate . But yesterday i had a very vivid sexual dreams

*topic moved from symptoms forum

AD vs benzo W/D experiences

Any body went through both withdrawals . ? Which is worst

Edited by Petunia
note and topic title added

It's important to do the AD before the benzo. It took me much longer with the benzo, more drama with AD.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I feel benzo is easier . Its like alcohol . I tried benzo , alcohol i was functioning at least . This AD is poison .**** this world that put tgese drugs here for normal people . **** the world

Over stimulation . I think for me its the worst symptom that make me cant eat or drink any thing with flavour . I feel like im going to faint cause of it . Is there any link or info about this?

How long it takes to subside ?

• Administrator

See our Symptoms and Self-care forum  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/forum/8-symptoms-and-self-care/for suggestions about how to cope with symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

I think the withdrawal process and subsequent healing can be just as difficult.   

I do not have a medical background, any opinions are my own.

I took zopiclone ( z-drug) for situational insomnia. Three weeks later I was having panic attacks. I was given Benzos, A/D, anti-psychotics, "mood stabilizers" and I kept getting worse and worse. I got very sick.

I have been off all drugs now for over 5 years and I'm healing nicely.

Can we got serotine syndrom if we quit cold turkey